Legend Of Legaia Cards

VictorSempra

I had these in the written section for a while, however I talked this over with a good friend and we came up with a different concept to do with them, and I turned them into actual card designs. Let me know what you think. Criticism, tweaks, etc are all appreciated, try not to be terribly negative :)

The Ra Seru are special beings that attach themselves to the arms of the three Heroes here.

I cannot in good conscious take all of the credit for these. This has been a collaboration effort between me and a very good friend, MachinaGayhem. If not for him, this wouldn't have been possible.

[spoiler= Main Monsters/Heroes]
Legaia-VahnTheFlame.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can activate one of the effects:
- Add 1 "Ra Seru - Meta" from your deck to your hand.
- Special Summoned 1 "Ra Seru - Meta" from your hand in face-up attack position.[/spoiler]

Legaia-GalaTheLightning.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]If your opponent controls a monster and you control no monsters, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). Once per turn, when this card destroys an opponent's monster and sends it to the Graveyard, you can activate one of these effects:
-Add 1 "Ra Seru - Ozma" from your Deck to your hand.
-Special Summon 1 "Ra Seru - Ozma" from your hand in face-up Attack position[/spoiler]

dytbav.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]If there is a face-up "Legaia" monster on your side of the field, you may Special Summon this monster from your hand. When the effect of a face-up "Legaia" monster is activated, you can activate one of these effects:
- Add 1 "Ra Seru - Terra" from your deck to your hand.
- Special Summon 1 "Ra Seru - Terra" from your hand in face-up Attack Position.[/spoiler]

29favlv.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must be Special Summoned by banishing 1 "Legaia - Vahn The Flame" and an equipped "Ra Seru - Meta" and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. There can only be 1 face-up "Meta - True Form" on the field. If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard: You can destroy 1 face-up monster your opponent controls with a lower level than the destroyed monster. When this card destroys a monster (by battle or by card effect): Inflict damage to your opponent's Life Points equal to the level of the destroyed monster x400. When this card leaves the field: Banish it instead of sending it to the Graveyard.[/spoiler]

sxyl40.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must be Special Summoned by banishing 1 "Legaia - Gala The Lightning" and an equipped "Ra Seru - Ozma" and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. There can only be 1 face-up "Ozma - True Form" on the field. If this card destroys an opponent's face-up monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard: This card can attack once again in a row. When this card is destroyed (by battle or by card effect): Send 2 cards from your opponent's hand to the Graveyard.. When this card leaves the field: Banish it instead of sending it to the Graveyard.[/spoiler]

2h51kep.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must be Special Summoned by banishing 1 "Legaia - Noa The Tempest" and an equipped "Ra Seru - Terra" and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. There can only be 1 face-up "Terra - True Form" on the field. This card cannot be targeted by card effects. This card can attack your opponent's Life Points directly, but the damage inflicted is halved. When this card is destroyed (by battle or by card effect): Return 3 cards your opponent controls to the owner's hand. If this card leaves the field, banish it instead of sending it to the Graveyard.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Union Monsters/Ra Seru]

5am2o7.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]Once per turn, during your Main Phase, you can equip this card to a face-up "Legaia - Vahn The Flame" you control as an Equip Card, OR unequip it to Special Summon this card in face-up Attack Position. (A monster can only be equipped with 1 Union Monster at a time. If the equipped monster would be destroyed, destroy this card instead.) When a monster equipped with this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle, deal damage equal to the monster's Level or Rank x500. If this card is destroyed while equipped to a "Legaia - Vahn The Flame" you control, inflict 1000 damage to your opponent's Life Points. [/spoiler]

34i65iw.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]Once per turn, during your Main Phase, you can equip this card to a face-up "Legaia - Gala The Lightning" you control as an Equip Card, OR unequip it to Special Summon this card in face-up Attack Position. (A monster can only be equipped with 1 Union Monster at a time. If the equipped monster would be destroyed, destroy this card instead.) While equipped to a monster by this card's effect, that monster gains 500 attack and can attack twice in the same Battle Phase. When this card is destroyed while equipped to a "Legaia - Gala The Lightning" you control, your opponent must discard 2 cards.[/spoiler]

RaSeru-Terra.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]Once per turn, during your Main Phase, you can equip this card to a face-up "Legaia - Noa The Tempest" you control as an Equip Card, OR unequip it to Special Summon this card in face-up Attack Position. (A monster can only be equipped with 1 Union Monster at a time. If the equipped monster would be destroyed, destroy this card instead.) While equipped to a monster by this card's effect, the equipped monster can attack your opponent directly. When this card is destroyed while equipped to a "Legaia - Noa The Tempest" you control, return two cards your opponent controls to their hand.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Spells]

28wjg9t.jpg

[Spoiler=Lore]Activate only while you control a face-up "Legaia" monster. Activate the appropriate effect for the "Legaia" monster you control:
- Vahn The Flame: Inflict 500 points of damage to your opponent for each card on the field.
- Gala The Lightning: Destroy 2 face-up monsters your opponent controls
- Noa The Tempest - Return 2 cards your opponent controls to the owner's hand.[/spoiler]

2mgtanl.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]Activate only when you have a face-up "Legaia" monster equipped with a "Ra-Seru" Union monster. Send that Union monster to the Graveyard, then draw 2 cards.[/spoiler]

24c5ima.jpg

[Spoiler=Lore]Once per turn, during your Main Phase, you can equip 1 "Ra Seru" Union monster to a face-up "Legaia" monster you control from your hand or Graveyard. Whenever a "Ra Seru" monster is destroyed while equipped to a "Legaia" monster, you can Special Summon the destroyed monster in face-up Defense Position, but you cannot equip them the turn this effect is used.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Traps]

4l3czq.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]Activate only when a "Legaia" or "Ra Seru" monster is declared as the target of an attack. All monsters you control gain 700 attack, and any Battle Damage you take is halved until the end of your next turn.[/spoiler]

e9b2oo.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]You cannot activate this card if you control a face-up "True Form" monster. Target 1 Legaia" and 1 "Ra Seru" monster in your Banish Zone: Special Summon those targets. A "Legaia monster Special Summoned by this card has it's effects negated.
When this effect resolves, you can equip the targeted "Ra Seru" monster to the "Legaia" monster Special Special Summoned by this card's effect.[/spoiler]

52sjl.jpg

[Spoiler=Lore]Send 1 "Ra Seru" monster equipped to a face-up "Legaia" monster that you control to negate the activation of a Spell/Trap card, and destroy it.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Any suggestions on what else I can add to make the set complete and playable?

[quote name='Rocket Grunt' timestamp='1353051671' post='6070953']
Cool idea! I like them :) Too bad there isn't better image quality out there for these guys :/
[/quote]I know! I was searching for ages for better Ra Seru pictures, and I have an idea for their "true forms" already so I didn't want to use those. Hopefully, these will turn out better than my Legend of Dragoon cards when they're all said and done. :P

Problem. I can't find a good picture of Terra, not sure how to proceed e.e

Great cards. The pictures are decent. Effects of the cards are balanced, but once the monster cards are equipped with their union monster; their powerful. It makes it a good combo.

9/10 (It's the pictures man)

Side Note: OMG, I remember this game from when I was a little kid. I never got the whole story of it, because in the beginning you get attacked by some weird bird things, and it's something to do with trees.

[quote name='TheSalsaBro' timestamp='1353244355' post='6072452']
Great cards. The pictures are decent. Effects of the cards are balanced, but once the monster cards are equipped with their union monster; their powerful. It makes it a good combo.

9/10 (It's the pictures man)

Side Note: OMG, I remember this game from when I was a little kid. I never got the whole story of it, because in the beginning you get attacked by some weird bird things, and it's something to do with trees.
[/quote]LOl, thank you for the feedback, appreciate it :D ANd if you like, I can try to explain the story to you xD

Okay since you asked...repeatedly I normal don't comment anymore but here it goes.

As whole they are woefully underwhelming as in weak, underpowered, etc. Sure none of there effects are broken and are nicely balanced but that is purely because they aren't really useable as a set by themselves. Its actually pretty weird because the two dudes are pretty decent if you just look at them stat wise but I guess the punch and the win condition here are from the Ra Seru which are just...not great.

Vahn: His stat's are nice for a searcher, in fact all things considered he combo's with Union base which I guess you have to use in this deck so you could attach your Ra Seru to their appropriate person quicker. So yeah I actually have no problems with him.

Gala: A 2200 Cyber dragon thunder type. I feel Battery's may have use for him or maybe not idk. He's a dark cyber so he automatically replaces any deck that used vice dragon and he makes excellent BLS fuel. Yeah he's just great in principle. And he searches when he kills. That's just beautiful. Once again beautiful.

Noa: Meh...not so beautiful, She's dark resonator without the beauty of being a resonator or a tuner an most of the time people will kill her off meaning her searching is useless. The sad part is that I'm thinking that their effects are somehow related to whatever game/show their from so and since I have no idea what that is outside of the name I am not really in a position to pose solutions (hence why I don't really make my way down here..ever). But yeah girl should be redone.

Meta: -____- no to all of this. 200 points of damage is so small it is literally unrecognizable. Even in the anime standards where they have 4000 lifepoints and they will do back flips and herp derp combos they still at minimum burn 500. King Pyron the most horribly built gemini pyro monster burns 1000 per turn. The ONLY thing redeeming about this is that its a union monster. Well then again its a monster specific union monster so it breaths dead draw. Yeah I think I want to set fire to an orphanage after looking at the greatness of Vahn then seeing this.

Ozma: ANY random equip card does this things job better than it does. This thing is completely unworthy of the great Gala. At least in the anime when they gain 500 ATK its the random plot hax backwater effect that followed something epic. This is its main ability? No to all of this. And yes I did note the discard thing but since it too breeds herp derp dead drawness I figured it would balance out.

Terra: Now this is weird, out of the 3 Legalia Noa was the bad one and out of the 3 Ra Seru this is the only good one...odd. Enables direct attacking which is always fun with Level Limit shenanigans. The union ability allows for her to live another bout enabling a search and its the only destruction effect that's decent. The combos with this thing and Scrap Dragon alone are just beautiful.

Trap: Its slow therefore weak...would be nice in the anime though.

Spell: Its meh

Well I have commented on the Legend of Legaia cards. Hope it helped.

Thank you for the feedback. For Noa...I really had NO idea what to do with her. The game is more brawl-esque, it's turn based and you get to pick X attacks to do a combo move. SO really, anything I come up with on the cards is purely based on their nature (Noa being the weakest in attack and defense but best in speed, and also being WIND type hence the card bouncing).

The Ra Seru were a serious problem for me, trying to figure out how to make them useful without just balls-out breaking. I will certainly think more on Ozma, and do you think just cranking Meta up would fix that problem?

I can look at the trap again, a friend is helping me with these so I'll get his opinion on it to see how I can improve on that, and the spell as well.

Thank you very much for the feedback, appreciate it.

These cards should work towards some cohesive goal. So far it reads that if you get Legalia equipped with matching Ra Seru's you should win the game. If that is the only thing they are good for then the Ra Seru's should almost tip the scale of broken. Because monsters-specific union monster tend to either undo the fatal of a monster (Lei Lei, Orc) or just break it (Kiotsu [sp]). You clearly should be the latter.

Meta: [url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Needle_Burrower"]Needle Burrower[/url] and KA-2 Des Scissor...yeah that's more on the lines of that things effect and you can add something for the death part.

Ozma: Anything

Noa: Idk maybe she can be the Kizan of the group and just drop her if you have more than one Legalia and/or Ra Seru card on the field. And maybe she can search if some other Legalia does something (emphasis on the comboing)

[quote name='Maxxion' timestamp='1353258613' post='6072540']
LOl, thank you for the feedback, appreciate it :D ANd if you like, I can try to explain the story to you xD
[/quote]

Love the new Spell Card and how it totally supports any of the three monster cards!

This set I give it a 10/10! (+Rep earned!)

I hope you plan on making some cards based off the monsters in the game. That would be awesome.

Side Note: Please, oh please, explain the story to me because I never got the point of it.

[quote name='TheSalsaBro' timestamp='1353675811' post='6076169']
Love the new Spell Card and how it totally supports any of the three monster cards!

This set I give it a 10/10! (+Rep earned!)

I hope you plan on making some cards based off the monsters in the game. That would be awesome.

Side Note: Please, oh please, explain the story to me because I never got the point of it.
[/quote]I will be doing more than just the main, no worries there. Also, I'll send you a PM with the story :)

I agree with all of this especially if the effects stack if you have every one of them on the field meaning herp derplicon shenanigans. I approve of all of this.

You asked earlier how you incorporate trap cards for the archetype and for that I would say look at Fire Fist for I have no idea how their trap cards are so important to the archetype as a whole but they surely are so I would say look at that.

So far so good I was pretty much their for most of the suggestions so...yay you did what I suggested, as for Miracle Arts...I love it.

Archived