Nathanael D. Striker

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mayhem

star.gifstar.gifstar.gifstar.gif

DARK

[spellcaster/Effect]

When this card in your possession is sent to the Graveyard; Special Summon it to your opponent's side of the field. While this card is face-up on the field: Monsters, except "Mayhem", cannot be Special Summoned. You can discard 3 cards: Banish this card, and if you do; inflict 1000 damage to your opponent.

ATK: 1800/DEF: 1300

I'm pretty sure this isn't going to end well.

Guest ♥ D.A._Siegfried ♥

I hope you'll be able to understand the weird OCG

[spoiler=Card Entry: Chaotic Flow Falcons]

139050.jpg

[spoiler=effect]

This card cannot be sent to the Graveyard. When this card would be sent to the Graveyard; Banish it instead. Once per turn you can reveal this card from your hand; Target 1 monster in your Graveyard: Until the End Phase, that monsters Attribute is treated as LIGHT or DARK. If this card is in your Banish pile; You can add it to your hand to banish the top card from your Deck.

I would like to say one thing. The 1st part is mandatory. Even if Imperial Iron Wall is on the field. This card will still be banished.

Guest Nathanael Darius Striker

My original pick hasn't answered since I talked to him last. If push comes to shove, it'll be done before Thanksgiving weekend is done (between Friday and Sunday). I'll try to get another guest judge or contact my current choice by then, or I'll do it myself.

If you're going for Black or Chris, it's because they left again.

I got a hold of Chris through Skype, he said no. Black said maybe when I originally talked to him on Skype, but hasn't given me a definite answer. I PM'd Mikhail to see if he would do it, but no answer yet. *sigh* I guess I'm doing it if I don't get an answer by 3pm my time, since he lives in the UK. If that's the case, I'll start working on it around that time.

[spoiler=Tama]

Viability: 2.8/5

Balance: 3.8/4

Creativity: 0.7/1

Total: 7.3/10

Side deck worthy against Chaos while fulfilling its own agenda. Outside the match up against Chaos, this is a nice toolbox kind of card. However, this card shuts down your own Chaos plays at the same time. It's not that viable in that regard. Oh, and the Level doesn't do it any justice.

[spoiler=Bahamut]

Viability: 4.5/5

Balance: 3.2/4

Creativity: 1/1

Total: 8.7/10

A nice way of recycling banished monsters, yet it can lead to a +1. Since Chaos has two boss monsters that banish, a possible +2 overall can result. Skiping the Battle Phase helps a bit, but it does not calm my nerves.

[spoiler=Zanda]

Viability: 4.2/5

Balance: 3.6/4

Creativity: 0.8/1

Total: 8.6/10

Eh, banishing 2 monsters for a +0 does not sit well with me. Sure you can swing for game, but it's not worth it imo. Oh, you can also bring out a quick Xyz which compensates a bit.

[spoiler=newhat]

Viability: 3/5

Balance: 1/4

Creativity: 0.5/1

Total: 4.5/10

Ah! Full control of a graveyard setup! I think this gives Chaos Dragons more fuel! If it doesn't, it gives other cards an advantage. Too much of an advantage for my taste.

[spoiler=Agro]

Viability: 4.6/5

Balance: 3.8/4

Total: 9.4/10

I love it! It recycles banished monsters completely, and it gives a balanced use for monsters in the Graveyard. Having it's negation effect be once per turn does it justice. <3

[spoiler=Loki]

Viability: 2.5/5

Balance: 2.8/4

Total: 6.3/10

Double-edged sword alert! This card has too much risk attacked to it. You either plus majorly, or lose drastically. And playing with your opponent's hand? WTF? Too crazy and unfair.

[spoiler=Don]

Viability: 3/5

Balance: 3/4

Creativity: 0.5/1

Total: 6.5/10

Destroyed by battle ruins this, yet it does prevent some spamming with this card's effect. Just meh and nothing else to say about this.

[spoiler=exaenae]

Viability: 2/5

Balance: 2/4

Total: 5/10

I can't say much. This card is confusing, especially the last effect. Looks interesting, but it's not practical.

[spoiler=DA]

Viability: 3.4/5

Balance: 3.5/4

Creativity: 0.8/1

Total: 7.7/10

Eh, most monsters in a Chaos Deck will already be LIGHT or DARK. This may set up some DAD plays or help bring out BLS and Sorc, but the set up should be there without this.

[spoiler=Aix]

Viability: 4.4/5

Balance: 3.4/4

Total: 8.8/10

Graveyard set up? Check. 2000 ATK beater? Check. Helps set up for Chaos plays and other good plays as well, but it does bring some unfair advantages like a large beater with no restrictions.

Agro manages to beat Bahamut in this round to clinch a 4 point lead over him for the win. Aix grabs second this round to hold off Zanda and DA for 3rd overall. Thank you guys for putting up with me. This series was a blast for me and I hope it was for you guys as well.

Final Standings

1. Agro - 19 pts

2. Majestic Star Bahamut - 15 pts

3. AixDivadis - 9 pts

4. Zanda Panda - 5 pts

4. D.A._Sigfried - 5 pts

6. Chance Furlong - 3 pts

6. Tama the Chibi Sage - 3 pts

8. Stone Cold Loki - 2 pts

8. Donvermicelli - 2 pts

10. exaenae - 1 pt

Guest ♥ D.A._Siegfried ♥

The idea of the card wasn't so pure Chaos/Chaos Dragons got a slight consistency boost but rather for decks that splash in chaos has a little bit of extra control to bring them out.

The idea of the card wasn't so pure Chaos/Chaos Dragons got a slight consistency boost but rather for decks that splash in chaos has a little bit of extra control to bring them out.

Yea, it helps those stragglers in the Deck, but I doubt a lot of non-LIGHT and non-DARK monsters will be ran in the Deck. And if the Deck has a tingle of Chaos, why would you worry about getting Chaos boss monsters out? I saw other uses to it, so I adressed some of that.

For the record. A card isn't more balanced if it's meant for a certain undermeta deck if it can still can be broken in another deck. See Rescue Rabbit.

Guest ♥ D.A._Siegfried ♥

For the record. A card isn't more balanced if it's meant for a certain undermeta deck if it can still can be broken in another deck. See Rescue Rabbit.

Doesn't mean the card in question is broken. -Refering to submitted card-

Guest ♥ D.A._Siegfried ♥

But your argument was that it isn't broken in normal chaos, when Chaos Dragons could break it. :\

May I ask how they would break it?

May I ask how they would break it?

If you must know, it's because it's an infinitely recurring +1, whether used in Chaos Dragons or elsewhere. It's, in essence a Sinister Serpent.

Also, if my thought on the ruling is correct, it may be possible to infinitely reveal this for its effect, as the opponent will have no idea how many of them you have in your hand at any given moment. Making sure that you always have what you need for a Chaos Boss no matter what attribute it is. However, that may be wrong, though I'd need to see a real card that works in a similar function with a ruling that would counter my point to prove it.

But, I digress, as your original point is still invalid and the main point of my original argument.

Archived