Chaos Xyz Numbers and Monsters Support [Single Card]

Aix

Tama the Chibi Sage's Chaos Number Contest has got me thinking about the Chaos Numbers. They are awfully hard to use. Granted, they are also awfully powerful, but I don't like that you never really use them because you need 1000 Life Points. Thus, I made this card.

Because apparently balanced cards get no feedback, I didn't think too, too much about this card's balance :3

Though I did, however, change this card from being another "Wall of Revealing Light" to the current card.

[img]http://yugico.com/customcard/139475.jpg[/img]
[b]Lore:[/b]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif][size=3]Pay 1000 Life Points. While this card is on the field, you can treat your Life Points as 1000 Life Points for the effects of Xyz Monsters. If this card would be destroyed, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from a face-up monster you control instead.[/size][/font][/color]

[b][color=#000000][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif][size=3]COMMENTS!!!!![/size][/font][/color][/b]

Well, your wording is kinda weird; you can treat your Life Points as 1000 Life Points for the effects of Xyz Monsters. I would suggestion wording it like this: When you would detach an Xyz Meterial, pay 1000 Life Points instead.

The card, well to activate it, you need to pay 1000 Life Points, and Spell Economics won't work on this card, so it will cost you heftly. Your deck will need to support a lot of Life Point generators to make this card efortable. It seems to strong too work even like that. You can simply keep an Xyz Wall up and not detach meterials and keep this card face-up until you get the right cards you need for a Chaos. It's somewhat OP in my book.

[quote name='AixDivadis' timestamp='1353274973' post='6072860']
That's not what I mean.
Chaos Xyz Numbers, which are upgraded Numbers like Utopia Ray and Shark Drake Weiss, can only activate their effects while you have 1000 or less Life Points
[/quote]oh I see. Well, then it's just OP since you can reuse it again and again.

[quote name='cardcommando' timestamp='1353276461' post='6072888']
Likes- Picture
Dislikes- picture being used for that card and it was made by yugico
[/quote]hm you're still under 100 so I won't say that you don't need to say anything productive, but seriously there's nothing useful here.

OP: I am still unsure what to think of this card, it's in one way okay, but in an other OP as crap.

You could make it where you discard 1 card from your hand to make your life points 1000 until end of turn. If you lifepoints drop to 0 you do not lose the duel. Your life point return to the oringinal amount when this effect activated. Then reduce your life points by amount of damage taken this turn. (If your life point drops to 0 when this effect resolves or this card is removed from the feild when your life points are 0 you lose the duel.)

It is rough but an ideal if you like it.

This card is fine, really. As it stands, there aren't any chaos numbers that would make the card broken, and enough good chaos numbers to make this card usable. I can see a LOT of overlaying into Utopia Ray if this card were to be released, but that's perfectly fine, as it just adds a new aspect of the game that players can take into consideration. In fact, most decks would probably reject this because it's a tweak inconsistent. I like it, good job.

"Kibou Oh Hope Ray's effect activates, OVERLAY CHARGE! Go Kibou Oh Hope Ray! Hope Ken CHAOS SLASH!"

(Kibou Oh Hope Ray = Japanese name for Utopia Ray

Ken = Sword)

Anyway,

it does what you want it to do, which is good and doesn't seem to have many, if any unwarrented uses. Maybe restict it to "Number C" monsters (that phrase includes all chaos numbers that I know of) just incase a non chaos number monster comes out that unbalances this some time down the road.

Also if you go with what I said, slight text correction [i][color=#000000][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif][size=3]Pay 1000 Life Points. You can activate and resolve the effects of "Number C" monsters as if you had 1000 life points. If this card would be destroyed, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from a face-up monster you control instead.[/size][/font][/color][/i]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif][size=3]I see that you are having fun with this instead of being too meta minded (meaning only making top tier stuff) and I commend that.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif][size=3]Please don't kill me if this isn't 40 words...[/size][/font][/color]

Archived