A Chaos Number Monster Because I Can

FTW (For The Wynn)

Alright, so, I found this image and I decided to use it for a chaos version of a number monster. Specifically, this card.

[spoiler=Number 7: Lucky Straight][img]http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120430010605/yugioh/images/thumb/0/0f/Number7LuckyStraight-GAOV-EN-ScR-1E.jpg/300px-Number7LuckyStraight-GAOV-EN-ScR-1E.jpg[/img][/spoiler]

I realize how unusable Number 7 is. I realize that a Chaos Number based on it is harder to summon that Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth. However, I tried to give it a worthwhile effect. So, here it is.

[img]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdvad6pkW61rja8jxo1_500.png[/img]

4 Level 7 monsters
You can also Xyz Summon this card by using a "Number 7: Lucky Straight" you control as the Xyz Material. (Xyz Materials attached to that monster also become Xyz Materials on this card.) This card gains ATK equal to the number of Xyz Material attached to this card x 700. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to roll a six-sided die twice: Monsters on your opponent's side of the field lose ATK equal to the combined total x 100. If the combined total of the dice roll is 7: Destroy all Spell/Traps your opponent controls and draw 1 card for each card destroyed this way.

Hate/Rate/Whatever

Ironic that I saw this right after I made my lucky straight deck. First off, you forgot the chaos Xyz clause of "This cards effect(s) can only be activated and resolved while you have 1000 LP or less.", so I'll just make my review assuming that that clause is integrated with the effect. This card is a great chaos Xyz for Lucky straight, even though lucky straight isn't used very often. It's effects are great for being the chaos Xyz of number 7 that references its effects like the other chaos xyz do, and its really not OP because you probably will rarely summon it, but if you do, it's extremely powerful. So jah, me gusta mucho.

You would need a minimum of 3 Level 7 monsters to bring this out. So this has the Photon Wyvern problem that your odds of successfully Summoning this card, and profiting off the effect, are near-zero. The ATK drop isn't terribly useful either since you could have made Big Eye and stolen a monster instead. The major upside of this card is that its base ATK is 3500.

The roll effect is worded oddly.

I wasn't sure of ocg for the role effect, so I just tried to guess at it. As long as it gets the point across, I can live with it.

Well, technically, you only need 1 specific monster (Lucky Straight) to get it out. However, it is only good when it has multiple Xyz Material. Like I said, I knew this thing would be near impossible to summon even under good circumstances. If it does get out, it needed to be worth getting out.

[quote name='GodWynn' timestamp='1357777680' post='6075438']Well, technically, you only need 1 specific monster (Lucky Straight) to get it out. However, it is only good when it has multiple Xyz Material. Like I said, I knew this thing would be near impossible to summon even under good circumstances. If it does get out, it needed to be worth getting out.
[/quote]

Lucky Straight takes 3 monsters to make. If you want Lucky Straight, you need a trio of Level 7 monsters.

It's not just hard to get out. The effect to wipe out your opponent's Spells & Traps can't be used unless your opponent has monsters whose ATK can be descreased. The effect would be useful if your opponent controls 1 or more monsters and lots of Spells & Traps. Destroying 1 Spell/Trap and drawing 1 card still leaves you at -1. But that means, to use its effect profitably, you needed to Summon 3 Level 7 monsters, against a heavy field. Like Hierophant of Prophecy, the Spell/Trap nuke can't be negated with Starlight Road, so it works against clogged backrows if your opponent didn't have a Bottomless or Solemn to interrupt the Summon. It's just generally too risky.

Archived