From above:
-2 Metaion
-1 Kuriphoton
+3 Reckless Greed

Additions to side:
+2 MST
+2 Metaion/Lava Golem
[/quote]
Metaion is an immediate answer to problems like Shock Master, something the deck despises. It's a fantastic maindeck card @2, and also baits out Warnings that then won't be used on your Battle Faders.

For DN play you don't need Ladybug, since there's not Time. If it's a tournament, though, then you'll want it. If you ARE going to use Metaion, which I still don't think you should since it actually makes cards of your opponent's live like Compulsory, or Judgment/Warning (the latter of which weaken the effect of Hope for Escape) you should only play 1, or have it sided in case your opponent actually uses the[i] very few[/i] cards that hurt you... Burning the opponent also hurts your Hope for Escape.

[quote name='slayer_supreme' timestamp='1353727782' post='6076614']
For DN play you don't need Ladybug, since there's not Time. If it's a tournament, though, then you'll want it. If you ARE going to use Metaion, which I still don't think you should since it actually makes cards of your opponent's live like Compulsory, or Judgment/Warning (the latter of which weaken the effect of Hope for Escape) you should only play 1, or have it sided in case your opponent actually uses the[i] very few[/i] cards that hurt you... Burning the opponent also hurts your Hope for Escape.
[/quote]

Yeah, I was planning on siding it anyways.

[quote name='Dem The Magic Dragon' timestamp='1353727372' post='6076602']
Volcanic Queen
Psi-Blocker
Arcana Force 0 - The Fool
Maxx C
Golden Ladybug
[/quote]

Since I lose a lot of life with my cards already, putting Queen on my foe's hands could be disastrous. I don't think it's a good idea putting Marshmallon-esque monsters in the side, since if my opponent has a destruction effect, my field would become completely open. Psi-Blocker is good, my only fear is it being Solemned, but so can Fader (although less probable). Shouldn't I side one more MST and 1 Heavy?

[quote name='Pchi' timestamp='1353729018' post='6076632']
Since I lose a lot of life with my cards already, putting Queen on my foe's hands could be disastrous. I don't think it's a good idea putting Marshmallon-esque monsters in the side, since if my opponent has a destruction effect, my field would become completely open. Psi-Blocker is good, my only fear is it being Solemned, but so can Fader (although less probable). Shouldn't I side one more MST and 1 Heavy?
[/quote]
Volcanic Queen gets rid of Dolkka, which is a serious problem.
You shouldn't side The Fool in if your opponent is playing a deck with lots of monster destruction. Use it for something like Chaos Dragons. Psi-Blocker is a god in Countdown.

[quote name='Dem The Magic Dragon' timestamp='1353729585' post='6076643']
Volcanic Queen gets rid of Dolkka, which is a serious problem.
You shouldn't side The Fool in if your opponent is playing a deck with lots of monster destruction. Use it for something like Chaos Dragons. Psi-Blocker is a god in Countdown.
[/quote]

Ok. 3 Maxx "C" is ok, since I don't really care about how much monsters my opponent summons?

[quote name='slayer_supreme' timestamp='1353729751' post='6076648']
Lava Golem also gets rid of Dolkka.
[/quote]
But what if your opponent keeps only 1 monster on the field?

So, what for Extra? I know I don't use it, but since it's only for DN, I think it wouldn't hurt to make one in any case.

My line-up for Side ended up this way:

2 Fool
2 Lava Golem
2 Maxx "C"
1 Metaion
2 Psi-Blocker
2 Volcanic Queen
1 Heavy Storm
2 MST

Do I have to change something? Any other suggestions?

For side deck, just use Shyneet x3, Zenmaines x3, and then random ish to round it out. People will be more wary of a deck they see only uses a few Extra Deck cards... Or they might think you're a n00b, which is also possible once they see you're using Final Countdown. I like to experiment with deck types I hate, myself, so I don't see a problem with it.

[quote name='slayer_supreme' timestamp='1353730672' post='6076661']
For side deck, just use Shyneet x3, Zenmaines x3, and then random ish to round it out. People will be more wary of a deck they see only uses a few Extra Deck cards... Or they might think you're a n00b, which is also possible once they see you're using Final Countdown. I like to experiment with deck types I hate, myself, so I don't see a problem with it.
[/quote]
Ok, I don't know how I'm going to summon Zenmaines, since I'm taking out my Lizards, but okay...

Not using Zenmaines, actually.

Sorry, I meant Maestroke. Aaaaaalso, if the opponent doesn't have 2 monsters than you're pooped, but if it's really coming down to the wire like that then you're screwed in the first place. People also usually spam the field when you're playing countdown since they don't expect you to ever wipe their field, and if Golem is sided and not mained, you have less to worry about.

[quote name='slayer_supreme' timestamp='1353734766' post='6076696']
Sorry, I meant Maestroke. Aaaaaalso, if the opponent doesn't have 2 monsters than you're pooped, but if it's really coming down to the wire like that then you're screwed in the first place. People also usually spam the field when you're playing countdown since they don't expect you to ever wipe their field, and if Golem is sided and not mained, you have less to worry about.
[/quote]
Ok, thanks :). So, would you mind sharing your thoughts about the side I listed?

Having played both Countdown and Exodia (which essentially run the same, though they do have their differences), I can't say I would have ever thought of a time it's useful to have Psi-Blocker. Your opponent is going to get rid of it the moment it gets on the field, and what are you going to call, anyways? In all seriousness, what? You would even be better off playing Prohibition, in my opinion.

I also don't think you should play Heavy Storm in the side. No sense in killing your own cards.

Archived