[Single] Fine-Tuning

Neutrality Man

Just a little something I felt like making.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/wPzXA.jpg[/img]
Lore:
Pay 500 Life Points: Until the end of your opponent's next turn, both players can use non-tuner monsters in their hands as Synchro Material.

I just got bored one day, bought a pack, pulled ANOTHER frigging Void Ogre Dragon, and thought: "Man, maybe there's a card that let's me sync something OTHER than Malefic Paradox Dragon with my hand...". There wasn't, now there is.

Price: 500 LP
Plus: You can sync with just your hand by only summoning a Tuner.
Neg: So can your opponent.

No. IMHO It is [i]still[/i] too powerful. There are cards which let you sync with cards in your hand like eccentric boy but they have drawbacks. Letting our opponent use the same effect is not much of a drawback. With new releases, xyz are getting more and more popular and almost no one uses syncs(I do...). The card is just too powerful. Paying [i]just[/i] 500 LP for an effect like this is unfair. This may lead to lots of syncs in just one turn. Examples(using synchro- based decks, of course)-

1- Normal Summoning Junk Synchron, bringing back a tuner and summoning 2 synchros, or 1 very powerful 1 like junk destroyer.
2- Can use plaguespreader's effect and sync with cards in hand.
3- Dragunity phalanx could use its effect 3 times with vajrayna and 3 lvl 4s in hand, and 1 more time for stardust, scrap dragon, red dragon archfiend or another lvl 8.
4- Formula Synchron could synchro summon in your opponent's turn[i] with cards in hand.[/i]
5- Summon monsters with two or more non-tuners as requirements easily.
There are many more but these are th ones I could recall right now.

Suggestions-

Put a condition that this effect can only be used to synchro summon once by each player, to prevent synchro swarming. Increase the cost.

OCG-

Pay 500 Life Points; Until your next turn, both players can use non-tuner monsters in their hands as Synchro Material Monsters.

(Taken from Cold Wave, prevents summoning during end phase, if possible.)

Picture is okay, showing the hand while a synchro summon, but i think, it could be better.

I guess I would give this card a 6.2/10

Hmmm... how's this for a revision?

"Pay 1300 Life Points; Until your next turn, both players can use non-tuner monsters in their hands as Synchro Material Monsters for one Synchro Summon during their own Main Phase."

Cost is upped, Formula can't sync from hand on opponent's turns. Hand-syncing can only be done once per player per activation.

Hmmm. I think he card has definitely has a better design now. Increasing the cost to 1300 is ok. Added the once only and only during own MP is also good. But you see, now the card is pretty weak, considering the opponent uses synchros. If the opponent doesn't, then everything, the xost and all is fine. But, if the opponent does... 1300 LP would seem like wasted, giving the opponent advantage [i]while also[/i] [i]gaining some, [/i]but still. One synchro may mean a lot in a dire situation, where we are extremely weak or cannot survive another turn, but otherwise? The card itself is very good, but its 'good-ness' is pretty situational. Could turn the tables against either player. Give you something you never expected, or do the same for your opponent. The card is great. Rating increased to 8.1.

Well, it's certainly an interesting card. High-level synchs just got a lot easier to sumon, and junk synchron -> quillbolt just got a good deal better. I'm not sure why the cost has to be 1300 LP, of all things. Just give the damn thing 1000. That being said, this card would probably be sided in synchro-ccentric decks because of the off chance that you encounter another synchro-ccentric deck, in which case you're basically gaming yourself. There *might* be some stupid loop the someone could do with this card, but nothing comes to mind at the moment.

[quote name='Archlord Sora' timestamp='1354485314' post='6083531']
Well, it's certainly an interesting card. High-level synchs just got a lot easier to sumon, and junk synchron -> quillbolt just got a good deal better. I'm not sure why the cost has to be 1300 LP, of all things. Just give the damn thing 1000. That being said, this card would probably be sided in synchro-centric decks because of the off chance that you encounter another synchro-ccentric deck, in which case you're basically gaming yourself. There *might* be some stupid loop the someone could do with this card, but nothing comes to mind at the moment.
[/quote]
If there is a loop, I all but guarantee it involves good old Brionac, Level Eater, and Shooting Quasar Dragon.

Archived