Cy-bugs

NeoRWBY65

The Focus of this archetype is based arounding summoning tokens and then powering them up with counters placed on various traps and monsters.

Cy-bug Scout
EARTH
Level 2
Machine/Effect
If you have no cards on your side of the field during your standby phase, you can special summon this card from your graveyard. When this card is special summoned, add 1 "Cy-bug" card from your deck to your hand. You can only control 1 face-up "Cy-bug Scout".
ATK 200/DEF 400

Cy-bug Advanced Scout
EARTH
Level 3
Machine/Effect
If your opponent has 2 or more cards on the field and you have no cards on your side of the field during your standby phase, you can special summon this card from your graveyard. When this card is special summoned, add 1 "Cy-bug" card in from your graveyard to your hand. You can only control 1 face-up "Cy-bug Advanced Scout".
ATK 400/DEF 200

Cy-bug Distractor
EARTH
Level 3
Machine/Effect
Once per turn, you can put 1 "Cy-bug counter" on 1 face-up card, then special summon 1 "Cy-bug Token" to your side of the field (Machine-Type/EARTH/Level 2/ATK 0/DEF 0). You can remove 1 "Cy-bug counter" from a face-up card to send 1 card in your opponent's hand to the graveyard. You can only control 1 "Cy-bug Distractor".
ATK 500/DEF 500

Cy-bug Duplicator
EARTH
Level 4
Machine/Effect
During either player's turn, if this card is the only monster on your side of the field, put 1 "Cy-bug counter" on this card, then special summon 1 "Cy-bug Token" to your side of the field (Machine-Type/EARTH/Level 2/ATK 0/DEF 0). Each "Cy-bug Token" on your side of the field gains 350 ATK and DEF for each "Cy-bug counter" on this card. You can only control 1 face-up "Cy-bug Duplicator".
ATK 1400/DEF 1050

Cy-bug Egg Layer
EARTH
Level 4
Machine/Effect
When a monster on your side of the field is destroyed by battle or by card effect, put 1 "Cy-bug counter" on this card, then special summon 1 "Cy-bug Token" to your side of the field (Machine-Type/EARTH/Level 2/ATK 0/DEF 0). This card cannot be destroyed by card effects while a counter is on it. You can remove 1 "Cy-bug counter" from this card to destroy 1 card on your opponent's side of the field. Each "Cy-bug Token" you control gains 450 ATK and DEF for each "Cy-bug counter on this card. You can only control 1 face-up "Cy-bug Egg Layer".
ATK 900/DEF 1350

Cy-bug Duplicator MK. 2
EARTH
Level 7
Machine/Effect
During either player's turn, if this card is the only monster on your side of the field, put 1 "Cy-bug counter" on this card, then special summon as many "Cy-bug Tokens" as possible to your side of the field (Machine-Type/EARTH/Level 2/ATK 0/DEF 0). Each "Cy-bug Token" on your side of the field gains 400 ATK and DEF for each "Cy-bug counter" on this card. You can only control 1 face-up "Cy-bug Duplicator MK. 2".
ATK 2400/DEF 2000

Cy-bug Adapter
EARTH
Level 5
Machine/Effect
You can only control 1 face-up "Cy-bug Adapter". This card gains the following effects based on the number of "Cy-bug counter"s on the field:
1+:This card gains 500 ATK.
3+: You can put 1 "Cy-bug counter" on a face-up card, then special summon 1 "Cy-bug Token" to your side of the field (Machine-Type/EARTH/Level 2/ATK 0/DEF 0).
5+: Once per turn, you can destroy a number of cards on the field, up to the number of "Cy-bug Token"s you control.
ATK 2000/DEF 1500

Cy-bug Hatchery Guard
EARTH
Level 6
Machine/Effect
You can special summon this card by tributing 1 "Cy-bug Token" on your side of the field. This card gains 600 ATK for each "Cy-bug Token" on your side of the field. If this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent, put 1 "Cy-bug counter" on each face-up "Cy-bug" Trap card, then special summon 1 "Cy-bug Token" to your side of the field(Machine-Type/EARTH/Level 2/ATK 0/DEF 0). You can only control 1 face-up "Cy-bug Hatchery Guard".
ATK 600/DEF 2000

Cy-bug Monstrosity
EARTH
Level 7
Machine/Effect
You can special summon this card (from your hand) if you have 2 or more "Cy-bug" Trap cards face-up on the field. This card can attack your opponent directly. When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle, put 1 "Cy-bug counter" on 1 face-up card on the field, then special summon 1 "Cy-bug Token" to your side of the field (Machine-Type/EARTH/Level 2/ATK 0/DEF 0). You can only control 1 face-up "Cy-bug Monstrosity".
ATK 2500/DEF 2200

Cy-bug Enhanced Monstrosity
EARTH
Level 8
Machine/Effect
You can special summon this card (from your hand) if you have 3 or more "Cy-bug" Trap cards face-up on the field. If this card inflicts damage to your opponent by a direct attack, put 1 "Cy-bug counter" on this card, then special summon 1 "Cy-bug Token" to your side of the field (Machine-Type/EARTH/Level 2/ATK 0/DEF 0). Each "Cy-bug Token" you control gains 300 ATK and DEF for each "Cy-bug counter" on this card. You can only control 1 "Cy-bug Enhanced Monstrosity".
ATK 2700/DEF 2400

Cy-bug Counterattack
Trap/Continuous
When your opponent declares an attack, put 1 "Cy-bug counter" on this card, then Special summon 1 "Cy-bug Token" to your side of the field in attack position (Machine-Type/EARTH/Level 2/ATK 0/DEF 0). If the attack was a direct attack, the "Cy-bug Token" special summoned by this effect is the new attack target. Each "Cy-bug Token" you control gains 100 ATK and DEF for each "Cy-bug counter" on this card. You can only control 1 face-up "Cy-bug Counterattack".

Cy-bug Lair
Trap/Continuous
During each of your Standby phases, put 1 "Cy-bug counter" on this card, then special summon 1 "Cy-bug Token" to your side of the field (Machine-Type/EARTH/Level 2/ATK 0/DEF 0). Each "Cy-bug Token" you control gains 50 ATK and DEF for each "Cy-bug counter" on this card. You can only control 1 face-up "Cy-bug Lair".

Cy-bug Armor
Trap/Continuous
Once per turn, if your opponent activates an effect that would destroy a card(s) on the field, negate it, then put 1 "Cy-bug counter" on this card, then special summon 1 "Cy-bug Token" to your side of the field (Machine-Type/EARTH/Level 2/ATK 0/DEF 0). Each "Cy-bug Token" you control gains 200 ATK and DEF for each "Cy-bug counter" on this card. You can only control 1 face-up "Cy-bug Armor".

Cy-bug Corruption
Trap/Continuous
When a monster on your opponent's side of the field is destroyed by battle, put 1 "Cy-bug counter" on this card, then special summon 1 "Cy-bug Token" to your side of the field (Machine-Type/EARTH/Level 2/ATK 0/DEF 0). Each "Cy-bug Token" you control gains 150 ATK and DEF for each "Cy-bug counter" on this card. You can only control 1 face-up "Cy-bug Corruption".

Cy-bug Fusion
Trap/Continuous
Once per turn, you can tribute two monsters on your side of the field to put 1 "Cy-bug counter" on this card, then special summon 1 "Cy-bug Token" to your side of the field (Machine-Type/EARTH/Level 2/ATK 0/DEF 0). Each "Cy-bug Token" you control gains 250 ATK and DEF for each "Cy-bug counter" on this card. You can only control 1 face-up "Cy-bug Fusion".

Cy-bug Mirror
Trap/Continuous
When your opponent Normal summons, sets, or special summons a monster, put 1 "Cy-bug counter" on this card, then special summon 1 "Cy-bug Token" to your side of the field (Machine-Type/EARTH/Level 2/ATK 0/DEF 0). Each "Cy-bug Token" you control gains 500 ATK and DEF for each "Cy-bug counter" on this card. You can only control 1 face-up "Cy-bug Mirror".

Cy-bug Overproduction
Trap/Continuous
Once per turn, when a "Cy-bug Token" is special summoned, you can put 1 "Cy-bug counter" on this card, then special summon 1 "Cy-bug Token" to your side of the field (Machine-Type/EARTH/Level 2/ATK 0/DEF 0). Each "Cy-bug Token" you control gains 550 ATK and DEF for each "Cy-bug counter" on this card. You can only control 1 face-up "Cy-bug Overproduction".

inspired by the antagonists from Wreck-It Ralph

Firstly, the problems I see:
Unless you have serious monster support, the counters are simply too slow to make the bugs worthwhile
Not a fan of odd numbers like 150 and 250, but that's just me xD
Some sort of dispersement effect/card, like Pitch Black Power Stone I beleive it is, would do wonders for these cards.

Taking that into consideration if it did have a way to disperse, I can smell very fast swarming tactics with some rather strong tokens. It would make token decks highlu dangerous and playable again.

I'd say overall, an 8/10. The problems here are very small, and VERY easy to fix. And I love the concept of counters/tokens mixing. :)

[quote name='Maxxion' timestamp='1355339454' post='6091416']
Firstly, the problems I see:
Unless you have serious monster support, the counters are simply too slow to make the bugs worthwhile
Not a fan of odd numbers like 150 and 250, but that's just me xD
Some sort of dispersement effect/card, like Pitch Black Power Stone I beleive it is, would do wonders for these cards.

Taking that into consideration if it did have a way to disperse, I can smell very fast swarming tactics with some rather strong tokens. It would make token decks highlu dangerous and playable again.

I'd say overall, an 8/10. The problems here are very small, and VERY easy to fix. And I love the concept of counters/tokens mixing. :)
[/quote]

The problems you pointed out would make these cards more powerful than I feel making these. I am trying to keep these at either balanced or just slightly weaker.

I will make 1 monster support with dispersement, but I'm just afraid that with more they would go into brokenland.

[quote name='Maxxion' timestamp='1355351958' post='6091609']
I like those a lot as well. The problems with continuous traps is they're so easy to get rid of (heavy storm and MST to name two), so having ways to recycle them the way Mermails do is VERY useful. I also like how they're Treeborn frog-esque, within limitation.
[/quote]
Cy-bug Armor, a card already in the series, takes care of the heavy and MST problems. It negates any destruction, and gets you a token and a counter out of it.

I have to agree with Maxxion on Armor's destruction-negating effect, though 'send to the Graveyard' or 'remove from play' would still work provided 'destroy' isn't also specified. Unfortunately, the majority of spell/trap-removal tends to 'destroy'. Maybe make it a once-per-turn effect, or change it to add two counters per effect use, but take one off for every destruction negated? This would allow cards like Heavy Storm and Dark Hole to take out at least a portion of the cards they destroy, if played soon enough after Armor. I get the feeling there's a simpler solution, though.

Anyway, I really like the idea of this deck, and it looks to be fairly well balanced. The limit of one of any archetypal card means it's very much pitted against swarming actual monsters, something quite refreshing for someone who plays mostly Morphtronics. Definitely worth pursuing these cards, and as far as I know, decks that focus solely on counters and tokens are few and far between. Plus, with all those Level 2 Tokens everywhere, there's the opportunity for using some nice Rank 2 XYZ staples, like Gachi Gachi Gantetsu, even if you don't introduce any of your own. A solid 8.5/10, nudging a 9.

Side note: There's a running joke with the people I play with regularly about 'awkward fifties'. This deck would cause plenty of eyerolls with us were it introduced.

Modified Armor. Do I really need the once per turn AND the only 1 allowed effects together?

[quote name='BawmeELO' timestamp='1355353823' post='6091650']
I have to agree with Maxxion on Armor's destruction-negating effect, though 'send to the Graveyard' or 'remove from play' would still work provided 'destroy' isn't also specified. Unfortunately, the majority of spell/trap-removal tends to 'destroy'. Maybe make it a once-per-turn effect, or change it to add two counters per effect use, but take one off for every destruction negated? This would allow cards like Heavy Storm and Dark Hole to take out at least a portion of the cards they destroy, if played soon enough after Armor. I get the feeling there's a simpler solution, though.

Anyway, I really like the idea of this deck, and it looks to be fairly well balanced. The limit of one of any archetypal card means it's very much pitted against swarming actual monsters, something quite refreshing for someone who plays mostly Morphtronics. Definitely worth pursuing these cards, and as far as I know, decks that focus solely on counters and tokens are few and far between. Plus, with all those Level 2 Tokens everywhere, there's the opportunity for using some nice Rank 2 XYZ staples, like Gachi Gachi Gantetsu, even if you don't introduce any of your own. A solid 8.5/10, nudging a 9.

Side note: There's a running joke with the people I play with regularly about 'awkward fifties'. This deck would cause plenty of eyerolls with us were it introduced.
[/quote][quote name='BawmeELO' timestamp='1355353823' post='6091650']

[/quote]

...Tokens can't be used for Xyz summons.

I'm glad you like the idea. The monsters weren't originally part of this, they were Maxxion's idea.

I put in the 50s so that I didn't repeat the amount gained from each counter, and so I didn't go as high on the amount that increased.

[quote name='GalaxyEyes10' timestamp='1355357464' post='6091700']
Modified Armor. Do I really need the once per turn AND the only 1 allowed effects together?

...Tokens can't be used for Xyz summons.

I'm glad you like the idea. The monsters weren't originally part of this, they were Maxxion's idea.

I put in the 50s so that I didn't repeat the amount gained from each counter, and so I didn't go as high on the amount that increased.
[/quote]

Probably not, actually. I was probably being a little over-cautious.

Welp, To be fair, it was late last night I made that post, so I guess I just forgot. But good point. Guess your Extra Deck won't be seeing much use unless you run something like Starlight Road, which could work, I guess? Probably wouldn't advise it, though, especially not with cards like Armor there.

I should probably point out that I haven't seen Wreck-It Ralph yet either. It's not out 'til February here, I think. So yeah, i'm judging these purely from a playing perspective, though I do wonder if these belong in the Pop Culture section? And yeah, Maxxion has a lot of experience and good ideas from what i've seen during my (admittedly limited) experience of these fora. He gave me a bit of feedback on my thread, too, so i'm guessing he's fairly active hereabouts?

Oh, don't get me wrong, 50s are great. I personally love 'em, and it works well with the dynamic you're going for. So yeah, definitely keep the 50s.

Following this thread, it seems like it could be an interesting one to watch.

[quote name='BawmeELO' timestamp='1355420714' post='6092120']
Probably not, actually. I was probably being a little over-cautious.

Welp, To be fair, it was late last night I made that post, so I guess I just forgot. But good point. Guess your Extra Deck won't be seeing much use unless you run something like Starlight Road, which could work, I guess? Probably wouldn't advise it, though, especially not with cards like Armor there.

I should probably point out that I haven't seen Wreck-It Ralph yet either. It's not out 'til February here, I think. So yeah, i'm judging these purely from a playing perspective, though I do wonder if these belong in the Pop Culture section? And yeah, Maxxion has a lot of experience and good ideas from what i've seen during my (admittedly limited) experience of these fora. He gave me a bit of feedback on my thread, too, so i'm guessing he's fairly active hereabouts?

Oh, don't get me wrong, 50s are great. I personally love 'em, and it works well with the dynamic you're going for. So yeah, definitely keep the 50s.

Following this thread, it seems like it could be an interesting one to watch.
[/quote]

Honestly, I had the idea for this before I watched Ralph, but when I watched it the movie gave this idea fuel to grow

I have a weird boss idea, but the name I have for it might spoil the movie for those that haven't seen it yet.

Archived