Bringing beasts back into the meta..

Loyalist

I feel like beasts deserve more credit for what they can do so here is my attempt at bringing it into the meta.
With this deck getting cards like shock master are easy by doing things like "banish rabbit, ss chain dog from grave then xyz" which can lockdown the opponent.

Monsters -
x3 mad dog of darkness (1900 atk level 4 normal monster for rabbit)
x3 soul tiger (2100 def level 4 for rabbit)
x3 chain dog
x3 dark desertapir
x2 egoistical ape (allows for synchro summons)
x2 rescue rabbit
x3 ryko, lightsworn hunter

Spells-
x3 DDR - different dimension reincarnation (discarding is actually useful for putting chain dog or tapier in grave)
x1 dark hole
x1 foolish burial
x1 heavy storm
x1 monster reborn
x2 gold sarcofagus
x2 spiritual forest
x2 disorderly march
x1 mystical space typhoon

Traps-
x2 Horn of the phantom beast
x2 solemn warning
x1 solemn judgement
x2 torrential tribute

Extra deck is pretty simple (Only difference is there are alot of level 9/5 synchros for ape and mainly only rank 4 xyzs)

I'd do this:

-3 Dark Desertapier
-1 Egotistical Ape

+2 Tour Guide
+1 Sangan
+1 Night Assailant

That way you have an easier way to summon Leviair the Sea Dragon, which can recycle Rabbit much better than DDR.

I'd also go with the following:

-1 Necroface
-1 Burial from a Different Dimension
-2 DDR
-2 Soul Release
-2 Spiritual Forest

+3 Mystical Space Typhoon
+2 Pot of Duality
+2 Torrential Tribute
+1 Horn of the Phantom Beast

A third Horn and Duality increase consistency; Torrential and MST are staples. At least include MST, since I don't see much in the way of Spell/Trap destruction other than Heavy Storm.

[quote name='jabber2033' timestamp='1355154441' post='6089845']
I'd do this:

-3 Dark Desertapier
-1 Egotistical Ape

+2 Tour Guide
+1 Sangan
+1 Night Assailant

That way you have an easier way to summon Leviair the Sea Dragon, which can recycle Rabbit much better than DDR.

I'd also go with the following:

-1 Necroface
-1 Burial from a Different Dimension
-2 DDR
-2 Soul Release
-2 Spiritual Forest

+3 Mystical Space Typhoon
+2 Pot of Duality
+2 Torrential Tribute
+1 Horn of the Phantom Beast

A third Horn and Duality increase consistency; Torrential and MST are staples. At least include MST, since I don't see much in the way of Spell/Trap destruction other than Heavy Storm.
[/quote]

I guess I could add the leviar since it shouldn't clash too much and sangan could search for rabbit too although I'm not so comfortable with the pots as i have been special summoning almost every turn with this deck on DN (unless i get a bad hand which doesn't happen too much).
As for the MSTs I'll see what I think can go. Also if the tapirs are going then so are the soul releases because without any suitable targets to banish they are useless.

Desertapir, honestly, will [i]ONLY[/i] net you an advantage with:
[img]http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100814235934/yugioh/images/thumb/e/e5/UnicornBeaconDREV-EN-SR-1E.jpg/300px-UnicornBeaconDREV-EN-SR-1E.jpg[/img]

Also if your taking a slight Macro approach to this, maindeck 3 Gold Sarcophagus.
Sets off desertapir and gives you targets for DDR.

Interesting idea. One of you says lay off the tapirs and go for staples but you want me to rely MORE on them. However I like the idea and think that sarcophagus is easier then soul release (since they don't have to reach grave).
These are all go ideas and once I perfect my beast deck it should stand against the meta quite well..

[quote name='Loyalist' timestamp='1355221761' post='6090559']
Interesting idea. One of you says lay off the tapirs and go for staples but you want me to rely MORE on them. However I like the idea and think that sarcophagus is easier then soul release (since they don't have to reach grave).
These are all go ideas and once I perfect my beast deck it should stand against the meta quite well..
[/quote]

Go on DN and build the two different versions of the deck and see which one wins more. That'll be the best way to see what works.

Both decks are effective but as much as staples help I feel the second idea has worked best however I have made appropriate changes.
Lowered on the apes a bit and have taken out the soul releases for gold sarcophagus.
Also replaced BDD and necroface with 2 torrential tributes.

[quote name='Loyalist' timestamp='1355584803' post='6093800']
Both decks are effective but as much as staples help I feel the second idea has worked best however I have made appropriate changes.
Lowered on the apes a bit and have taken out the soul releases for gold sarcophagus.
Also replaced BDD and necroface with 2 torrential tributes.
[/quote]

Might want to edit the first post in the thread with your new changes. Just click the Edit buttion in the bottom right corner of the post.

Archived