[CFV] The banlist expansion

Love of Ghibli

So I just checked out this new thing on [url="http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cardfight-Vanguard/184811811554725"]facebook[/url] and it said this:

[color=#333333]"Terrible news for you all...[/color]

[color=#333333]Bushiroad is expanding their banlist. Effective January 1st, 2013 in Japan, the following cards will be restricted to two copies collectively per deck:[/color]

[color=#333333]<Royal Paladin>[/color]
[color=#333333]King of Knights, Alfred[/color]
[color=#333333]Majesty Lord Blaster[/color]
[color=#333333]Wingal Brave[/color]

[color=#333333]<Kagero>[/color]
[color=#333333]
Lizard Soldier, Conroe
Dragonic Overlord The End

<Oracle Think Tank>
Silent Tom
Godhawk, Ichibyoshi
Goddess of the Full Moon, Tsukuyomi

[Example]
OK: King of Knights, Alfred x 2
OK: Majesty Lord Blaster x 1, Wingal Brave x 1
- Total of 2 in a deck, so it’s fine.

Not OK: Majesty Lord Blaster x 2, Wingal Brave x 1
Not OK: Dragonic Overlord The End x 2, Lizard Soldier, Conroe x 1

This has not yet been confirmed for the English version of the game, but I have a feeling that it will be eventually. These rulings effectively mean that decks based on Dragonic Overlord The End and Goddess of the Full Moon, Tsukuyomi will become all but unplayable.

Fight for your clans, my friends. Send your mails to Bushiroad and demand that they repeal this outlandish ruling at once. Limits are being placed, and if we want to break them, we'll need a lot of help.

This isn't just for me, or for all of you. It's for the sake of the Planet Cray.

- Kai"[/color]

[color=#333333]
Now personally I'm all for it though I may have to write in about OTT being effected at all but this does mean the hopeful death of DOTE and MLB. So how does the rest of the world feel?

Discuss?[/color]

At the point we are now in this game, with all the sh*t that's been released far, DOTE and MLB aren't real "Big Threats" like they were initially. There are a surplus of both newer and older decks that combat it with ease (Limit Breaks being the essential "Counter" to DOTE and MLB), such as the two newer Narukami builds (THE BLOOD and Eradicator/TBD), Golds (Duke and Platezel), OTTs (Amaterasu and Koko), and of course, Aqua Force with Glory Maelstrom.
Bushiroad seems to be forgetting that luck is a thing in thisgame. A [i]big[/i] thing. The only advantage that DOTE and MLB have over other decks is just a constant 13k and 12k/2 Crit respectively, and that advantage is all but removed with the fact that a lot of other clans picked up Crossrides of their own. With about every competitively-played clan having a Crossride (8 currently existing, no clan having more than one) DOTE and MLB become "Just another deck", as other decks come up to par with the power that they bring to the table.
Even when DOTE and MLB first came out, they only had a very slight advantage over other decks because their Vanguards would have slightly higher power than others (MLB having an extra crit) at all times. They're not a threat at all anymore, at least not any more than Platezel, either new Narukami build, or Glory Maelstrom.
Oh, and Tsuku OTTs are outclassed by Ama and Koko at this point so Tsuku isn't doing jack sh*t in the game at all, so hitting it was completely unnecessary.

DOTE was bad forever and ever. Even if we get A Crossriding beetle, mermaid, and dinosaur it will always be bad. The thing is that in Japan where they're at BT09 the ONLY decks that are topping are still DOTE and MLB it makes sense just to force people to innovate nowadays. Still lost on the Tsukuyomi though...I guess there might be some OTT support in Return of the King and Knights that just puts her over the top or something.

I think BTO9 will prove the value of this list. Since everything up there except for Goddess of the Full Moon makes some decent sense to me. I always thought that Koko builds were the ones doing well not full moon?

At the moment, I am mildly annoyed with it, but I can't moan to badly. Being 9 sets in before a banlist is implimented properly is good credit for Bushi IMO.

Changes are based off of tournament results, just saying.

It definitely isn't a bad thing. DOTE demanded massive power creep to be balanced and so did MLB to an extent. The new crossrides are nowhere near as good as the original bosses from BT05 which is something to note. Tsukuyomi is still viable, you're just using alternative g3s for your vanguard to thin your deck like Ammy and Cookie.

The problem is that everyone is hitting Amaterasu and Cookie for 20k, and alot of VGs are swinging for 25k. That's horrible for a deck trying to drag the match out until the stack. Instead of running 6G3s because of the consistency of Full Moon, you now have to run 8. Silent Tom is a small hit, but still a noticable one, as Tsuku doesn't really have any power lines outside the soul dependent Priestess. Another small hit is the fact that Ammy and Cookie absolutely NEEDS Gemini to hit 18k in the RG slot, while Full Moon can hit 18k with Crescent and Dark Cat. Finally, unlike Ammy and Cookie, Full Moon can generate consistent advantage [i]while[/i] going 2 deep. Tsuku is still viable, but it's alot worse then it was before. I'm not sure if it's still viable on a tournament level though.

I think my major problem with this move is that it doesn't feel the same as the Barcgal ban. Barcgal was hit immediately because it was a major problem, but they let these guys ride out a bit in order to push product. I understand that business portion of the decision and respect it, however, I can't help but feel...cheated, somehow.

This move does give me hope though. Maybe this means season 3 cards will not be as broke as we had initially expected.

[quote name='Expelsword - 黎明' timestamp='1355207901' post='6090494']
I hope they move back to RP and Kagero in Season 3.
I mean, all this effort to get them back...
[/quote]

They do, its the beginning of dual clans...and I even think BT10 is named return of the King of Knights

Anywho the most consistent OTT build was Koko and is now even more consistent with the advent of Cookie. Now the only thing that deck has to do is ride a grade 3 and pretty much everything falls into place. Tsuku was a ride chain meaning on sheer principle its not that consistent and its one of the few ride chains that punishes you for not actually achieving the full ride. Sun Goddess is great because her presence puts pressure on the opponent the second you're 4 damage, Battle Sisters are just OTT proving that they can be aggro if they want to. Finally after looking at the new OTT support from BT09 we finally see Silent Tom's relatives but I don't understand why they with that hand discarding route but still no reason to really ban Tsuku like that.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived