Pokemon Scrambler Challenge! WOO!

Chiri Tsukikawa

If you're reading this, chances are that you have played a Pokemon game on the Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, DS, etc. And I'm sure that you would have decided which Pokemon you wanted to raise yourself. Right? Well, either way, I propose a challenge. The challenge? The Pokemon you will be raising during the game will each be picked by another challenger!!! All you need is the pokemon game corresponding to the region you wish to beat. Example: Kanto - Red version

Interested in taking the challenge? Well then, let's take a look at the rules.

[spoiler=Rules!]#1: YCM Rules clearly apply.
#2: You must ONLY raise the Pokemon picked for you. You also cannot begin your journey until there are at least 7 participators. Other participators will pick one Pokemon for you to raise each (except in the case there are more than enough participators, then not everyone will pick 1 for you, just 6 people EDIT: We will be starting with 5 challengers, so for these first 5 challenges, Nags, DaWeirdGuy, British Soul and Kio will be the first to pick teams for others). Also, you must post which game you are taking the challenge in so that other participators pick fairly, and when picking someone's Pokemon consider which game they are playing and do not pick something that is hard to get (example: Milotic) or something that cannot be gotten until a lot farther in the game (unless you are the last person to pick, in which case it is alright if someone ends up with ONE that cannot be gotten early.
#3: All games require that you use Cut, Surf, Rock Smash, etc. Now I am aware there are Pokemon that canNOT learn all the needed HM moves. So you are allowed to catch any Pokemon to use as an HM slave.
#4: If a Pokemon chosen for you can evolve, you are allowed to evolve it if you wish. However, it is unnecessary if you prefer a greater challenge.

[quote name='Dwarven King' timestamp='1306789473' post='5242504']
#5: You must update your progress in this thread! You can do that by simply saying, "I caught this pokemon. This pokemon evolved. I beat the Gym Leader. Heading to next town." Or you could give a detailed story of your adventures. Totally up to you.
[/quote]

#6: Your challenge is complete once you beat the game's Champion. You may continue if you wish, but it is not required to complete a challenge.
#7: I reserve the right to add more rules.

1st rule break - 1st warning
2nd rule break - 2nd warning
3rd rule break - Your current challenge becomes invalid and you must start again.
4th rule break - You are no longer allowed to attempt the challenge.[/spoiler]

Now I suppose you're wondering if you get a prize? Actually, yes you do!!!! When you complete a challenge, I will give you one rep. Also, the first one to post a screenshot (if playing on an emulator or website, actually, I've got quite a great website, though it only has Gens 1-3, that all you need is the plugin and an account here: [url="http://www.vizzed.com/boards/thread.php?id=8676"]Plugin link[/url] [url="http://www.vizzed.com/playonlinegames/index.php?search=pokemon"]Link to Pokemon games on that great website[/url]) or camera picture (if you're playing on an actual video game system) of their Hall of Fame (using only the Pokemon that were picked for you, of course) will be awarded 1000 points as the Grand Prize!

I will be taking the challenge. However, because I cannot give myself a prize, if I complete it first, the Grand Prize will go to the second person to post their Hall of Fame.

Below is a list of spoilers with the regions and who is attempting which team in which region.

[spoiler=Kanto]
[spoiler=Haruka Saigusa]
FireRed

Team:
Ekans
Jigglypuff
Squirtle
Caterpie
Doduo
Hitmonchan

[img]http://i.imgur.com/ayVEx.png[/img]
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Johto]
[spoiler=~British Soul~]
Silver

Team:
Hoothoot
Bellsprout
Sentret
Cyndaquil
Sunkern
Remoraid

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Hoenn]
[spoiler=Nags~]
Ruby

Team:
Skitty
Wingull
Torchic
Slakoth
Shroomish
Whismur

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Sinnoh]
[spoiler=DaWeirdGuy]
Platinum

Team:
Turtwig
Bidoof
Shinx
Riolu
Ponyta
Zubat

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Unova]
[spoiler=Kio-kun]
White

Team:
Lillipup
Blitzle
Oshawott
Solosis
Tympole
Sewaddle

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Any challengers?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup [size=1](and Black 2) [/size]but you can't pick your own Pokemon until you beat the challenge (unless, of course, you're playing another game as well).

Also, I'm not gonna have the time when I said I would (Wednesday) so even if we don't get 2 more by the weekend, we'll start on Saturday (or as soon as everyone has their teams, since we're picking those on Friday).

Actually both Caterpie and Weedle can be found in both versions. I think the reason you thought they were version exclusives (if you did) was because in the originals (Gen I), one had a much lower rate of being found than the other in one game and it was the other way around in the other. But in the remakes it was changed, so I shouldn't have any trouble using either.

Haruka: Doduo, Hitmonchan
British: Sunkern, Remoraid
Nags: Torchic, Slakoth
Kio: Oshawott, Solosis

Why does everyone have a problem with Bidoof. I dont mind it. It's a bit useless, but I dont mind it.

And we seem to just be waiting on British now. He needs to give me, Kio and Nags our last pokémon. You've got your team Haruka: Doduo, Hitmonchan, Caterpie, Squirtle, Ekans, Jigglypuff. Not a bad team.

Mine so far is Shinx, Riolu, Turtwig and Bidoof. Not too bad. I can have a Grotle, Luxio and Bibarel by the second Gym, I reckon.

Oh, it's easy. If you need to know how, [you must have a keyboard (obviously) or not (if you have a laptop; which you do) you press the Print Screen button, paste it into something like paint or any other program you can save images in, then save. The Print Screen button would usually say something like "PrtSc".

So my team consists of Hoothoot, Bellsprout, Sentret, Hoppip, Sunkern and Remoraid. I'll see how far I'll get with that team, it'll be tough though.

Nags: Shroomish and Whismur
DWG: Ponyta and Zubat
Kio: Tympole and Sewaddle

Sugar...I just realised, I'm gonna have to use a Surf Slave since I wouldn't be able to get Remoraid until after badge 7. [size=2]Yeah, I must choose Totodile and only use it for surfing purposes until Remoraid is caught. [size=1]Enjoy using your starters guys.[/size][/size]

Archived