Gaea's Will [Started/Accepting/PG-13/IC]

Aix

[center]Hosted by AixDivadis and greedx[/center]
[center][img]http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a491/AixDivadis/GaeasWillLogo.png[/img][/center]
[center][url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/293695-gaeas-will-not-startedacceptingpg-13ooc/"]OoC[/url][/center]

It was a brilliant, cloudless summer morning. Though the sun beat down on them relentlessly, it would not matter as they were entering the rainforest. Dr. Drake Franzelos took the brightness of the morning as a good sign. He wasn't a superstitious man, in fact, he was a downright atheist who rejected all that was supernatural, but all of his values, everything he believed about the world was turned upside-down when the Gate opened and the Gods flew into the world. Humanity was in a desperate situation, but Drake was determined that it would all change. Today, Team Codex would depart towards the North Pole, trekking thousands of miles through rainforest, through desert and through mountains and Arctic, travelling more than [i]half the world[/i] to reach the Gate of the Gods and close it with the Key he recreated using the recorded holo-document blueprints from the Codex. It was unfortunate that they could not use planes. The few private jets that they located and found that actually worked were shot down before they got very far from the city, resulting in many casualties. But they were fortunate that Gaea’s Will was busy right now, or they could have came in and destroyed them all, taken them as sacrifices and offerings for their goddess.

A massive crowd had gathered to see them off. They were roaring and cheering as the ragtag Team appeared. There were twenty of them, excluding Drake, as only twenty could be really spared from their duties. Rio, once known as Cidade Maravilhosa, the Marvelous City, was not so marvelous anymore. The people were only barely surviving, everyone, child and adult alike were needed for something, from cleaning and sewing to foraging and defending the city. Attacks from the jungle were getting worst. The beasts of Gaea were evolving still and they were getting bolder as well as smarter. In the last attack, they had travelled in a pack and attacked from multiple different points. This was one of the reasons why the expedition had been pushed back so.

Drake looked around at his twenty companions. It was an odd group, but he had chosen them personally. One man was a technology expert which Drake would grudgingly admit was even smarter than he was. There was a child of seventeen with great supernatural power and inside info on the cult, in case they encountered them, as well as Trinity, one of the youngest ever members of the UNSC Special Forces. Also included in the group was a traveller and a survivor, a kid who survived on his own even in the apocalypse, a twenty-one-year-old assassin with an impeccable reputation of getting the job done and fifteen of the best soldiers they had. Some of them looked worried, anxious, some licked their lips in anticipation. Others simply did not display any emotion. Drake smiled at them all anyway, reassuring them.

Then, he took a megaphone from a bystander and shouted out at the people who had come to see them off. They were standing and sitting everywhere around the team, atop fallen buildings and skyscrapers which piled up upon each other as well as hovercars so to avoid contact with the ground. “This is it, my friends, this is the day... that we reclaim the earth! We will push Gaea back! We will return the gods to their prison! The earth is ours! We trample on Gaea every day and we will trample her down once more!” cried Drake. “Humanity must survive! We will not back down! Bid us farewell and good luck! We will return victorious!!!”

[hr]The people cheered, punching their fists in the air... but, cheers soon turned to screams...[i] as the beasts attacked[/i]. They seemed to have came out of nowhere, materializing at the edge of the jungle. Drake looked around in alarm. There were giant jaguars that were 25 feet long and ten feet tall, they were dangerous on all sides as they each wielded a powerful flail-like barbed tail that lashed out with deadly precision. Above the jaguars flew eagles, Drake supposed they were more like rocs now, with a wingspan of 30 feet, who swooped down to pick people up and drop them. But, what horrified Drake even more were the howler monkeys mounted atop the eagles, they threw makeshift spears and projectiles and dropped stones on the people below. Such organization was unlike the beasts.

“What is this?” gasped Drake. He looked around at the chaos. The guards were fighting, but they were disorganised and were being pushed back.

[i][b]“Foolish mortals!! Surrender now!” [/b][/i]A booming female voice seemed to come out of nowhere. But the owner of the voice materialized a thousand feet away in the rainforest. It was a gigantic woman crouched on a tree, wearing strange robes and carrying a staff, Drake estimated that she was one hundred feet tall should she stand up, but most noticeable was the fact that she had a lioness’s head. [i][b]“I am Sekhmet, the goddess of the hunt and you do not stand a chance against me!”[/b][/i]

A goddess... a bona fide idol of the ancients had appeared and declared herself their enemy. Drake narrowed his eyes. They had to get away, if they stood and fought now they may not even survive and they would have to regroup. Plus, there was the key to consider, it could get lost in a struggle. Of course, Drake had left more detailed blueprints so his associates that stayed behind should still be able to reproduce them, but time was running out. The Gate took two years to fully open, there was only a year left and should it fully open, all hope would be lost.

Drake swore as he realized the most urgent issue, the fact that the goddess stood directly in their way. He turned to his companions

“We make a break for it. The more agile of us will attack [i]her[/i] directly to stall her, even defeat her if we can, while the rest of us make a run for it,” said Drake. “There is no longer any time to spare. We cannot stay behind to defend the city. We most go [i]now[/i]. Full speed ahead!” They turned their vehicles on full throttle and charged forwards.

Seeing that everyone was good to go, Drake unslung his sniper from his back, raised it and put his eye to the scope. He pulled the trigger and a thin black and purple beam jetted out, instantly shooting through the goddess’s eye. The goddess screamed, but she was already regenerating. She swung her staff, it grew at her will and Drake’s pilot barely managed to dodge. Drake took aim again, but the goddess was already swinging again, deeming him a threat and Drake missed as the hovercar swerved to leap out of the way. He swore, he could only shoot ten shots, which was the maximum capacity for the incredibly powerful gun. This was going to be a tough fight, though Drake. The goddess started shooting flames from her staff and Drake gulped. His previous thought was an understatement.

Sam stood and looked at the gathering crowd. The crowd that wanted this mission to be as successful as everyone hoped. The crowd that had the honor to see off the team that would close the Gate. He enjoyed the attention while it lasted; enthusiastically waving to the crowd and flexing for the women. One lady in particular, young and black hair bouncing behind her, boldly ran up to him, gave him a rather tight hug, and whispered into his ear, "[color=#0000ff]Please try not to die[/color]."

Sam disengaged from her - with a slight amount of difficulty - and smiled. "[color=#008000]I promise, Lara. I will make sure you and my mother are forever safe from the beasts[/color]." Apparently satisfied with this, she squeezed Sam once again before retreating into the crowd.

Drake was making his farewell speech. Of course, being in the UNSC, and his father being in the team before him, Sam well knew of Drake's speeches, and how long they would last. So, he made the best of it.

It was a while before he stopped. He paused for a time to turn to the motley group he had assembled, looking them over, sizing them up, before smiling and turning back to the crowd. He grabbed a megaphone from one of the crowd members and shouted more encouragement to the assembled people. The megaphone-less person looked fairly sullen. As Drake ended his speech with the words "[color=#ff0000]We will be victorious![/color]", Sam raised his own fist and roared along with the crowd for a good fifteen seconds or so.

Then, the animals came.

Giant cats appeared at the jungle. Eagles flew and carried people, while monkeys - [i]monkeys[/i], of all things - pelted makeshift spears and rocks at the assembled crowd. A woman's voice identified a faraway, yet perfectly visible, figure in the rainforest as Sekhmet. [i][color=#2f4f4f]Egyptian, eh[/color]?[/i] Sam thought with a grin. His hopes were dashed as panic broke loose and Drake began issuing orders. Only the most agile were to attack her, he said. Sam immediately classified that as himself, despite there definately being people sneakier than him. However, nature took over sense as he launched himself onto the hover bike that Drake had lent him, gunned it, and took off towards the supposed Sekhmet. Quick acceleration and deft steering prevented the beasts from tearing him off the bike.

As he made it closer, Sam could tell why he could see her clearly from the city. She was [i]massive[/i], somehow crouched on a tree, and menacing. Her staff periodically shot fireballs at the approaching team, hoping to score a lucky shot.

Sam maneuvered his bike around the trees and overgrown bushes of the Brazilian rainforest as he made his way across to the left of Sekmet, taking a wide path that should - theoretically - not let him be seen. He hoped the heavy brush would do the rest.

Coming to nearly a hundred feet away from Sekhmet, Sam jerked his bike sideways and 'slid' for a dozen or so feet and hurriedly jumped off it. Since the hover bike obviously rarely touches the ground, sliding just involved slamming the ride sideways, braking hard, and coasting. Looking around, he couldn't see many other people currently with him, but there were shadows and shapes of other vehicles in the distance. He did know some members of the team would join him eventually, so he tried to be evasive while he had the time.

Sekhmet seemed not to have noticed Sam coming from her side. As such, she also didn't notice Sam stow his bike out of her vision behind a large tree and fade into a bush himself, biding his time for other members of the team to reinforce him.

The morning wind blew gently upon Sakuya and the other 19 people selected to go to the Arctic and close The Gate Of The Gods. The people cheering can be heard clearly in everyone's ears. After Drake finished his speech, everyone's cheers became louder. But Sakuya didn't feel anything. To her, this is all just another mission that needs to be done. End of the world or not, she could not care less. She merely stood there in silence, waiting until the people who are to send them off leave.

Of course, there just had to be something to ruin it. In this case, animals.

Tigers, jaguars, eagles and other assorted horrors created by mother nature all emerged from the woods to massacre the group. [color=#000000]But before she could ready her scythe and leap into battle, she heard a loud booming voice in the background, which came from a gigantic woman crouched on a tree. [/color][i][color=#b22222]"Hm. This could prove to be a good warm-up." [/color][/i][color=#000000]She thought to herself. [/color][color=#000000]She then heard Drake issuing orders, saying that only the most agile are allowed to take Sekhmet on. Being an assassin, Sakuya prided her speed in combat above everything else, and jumped into action. [/color]

[color=#000000]She ran towards the large group of animals, effortlessly slicing through them one by one. She also noticed a bike speeding off in front of her, but she didn't care about that. There are lots of enemies she needed to focus on, so a bike wasn't on her priority list. After a good 30 seconds of animal slaughter, Sakuya realized that simply killing everything in sight isn't going to work and that she needed to take down the so-called Sekhmet in order to advance the journey. Unlike the others though, she didn't have a vehicle with her- Or rather, refused to use a vehicle, despite the UNSC offering her a bike to use during her mission, so she would have to find another way to get close to Sekhmet.[/color]

[i]"An eagle is swooping down fast towards me... Perhaps..." [/i][color=#000000]A giant eagle with a monkey on top of it is going down on Sakuya, ready to lift her and drop her to her doom. [/color][color=#b22222]"...Now!" [/color][color=#000000]Just a few seconds before the eagle can lift her, Sakuya hopped onto the head of a jaguar and then jumped high up in the air, landing on the eagle's back. Of course, she took out the monkey riding it in one shot of her finger bullet.[/color]

[color="#000000"]The eagle did not respond well to the unexpected guest and tried to shake Sakuya off it's back, but she subdued the animal and managed to control it. Sekhmet looks particularly enraged at the spectacle and fired a blizzard of fireballs at her, but either through the eagle's instincts or sheer luck, none of the fireballs hit her. But amidst the hail of fire, the goddess suddenly shouted in agony and directed her attention to a nearby hovercar. Sakuya used this small window of opportunity and directed the eagle towards Sekhmet. With Sekhmet just a few feet away from her, Sakuya was ready for the kill. [/color][color=#b22222]"No hard feelings." [/color][color=#000000]She said as she jumped off the eagle and slashed Sekhmet with her scythe. The goddess screamed in agony for several seconds, but she regenerated in an instant, showing no signs of pain whatsoever. [/color][i][color=#b22222]"Immortality, huh? I can't imagine having to spend an eternity in this world. Anyway, this is going to be a though fight."[/color][/i]

Trinity stood among nineteen soldiers that Drake had hand picked, making sure she kept her distance from the opposite gender. The crowd cheered as Drake preached to them, raising their hopes and ensuring their victory. Though Trinity wanted to go and find her partner, Huey, she knew this was more important. As she heard Drake give his speech to the crowd their cheers grew louder and louder, fist were raised in the air. The speech ended with the words "We will be victorious!" The cheers grew even louder.

But the cheers soon became screams for help as Jaguars and monkeys on birds attacked. Trinity drew her guns from the holsters on each side of her hips and started to unload on the beast. Dropping the Jaguars with head shots and shooting monkeys off birds Trinity started reloading. Then she heard a female voice that could of put feared the fiercest of soldiers. She turned and saw a giant women in robes wielding a staff, she announced herself as Sekhmet, the goddess of the hunt. Moments later she saw Drake retreating hopefully to develop a plan to bring her down and other soldiers went into battle with the Goddess.

Trinity jumped on her hover-bike and started thinking to herself. "Should I run?...or Fight?" She turned to look at the Goddess again, she saw that some soldiers had already engaged in the fight. "They'll do fine without me I have my own personal mission to attend to." She started to accelerate, retreating from the battle, she soon found herself behind the hover car Drake was in.

[i]Meanwhile....[/i]

"What shall we do with him sir?" A voice entered Huey's head. "Leave him. He's no use to us. Make sure you've packed everything that'll we'll need and burn the Rio hideout to the ground. We mustn't leave anything for the UNSC to find" "Yes, sir!" Huey opened his eyes but his vision was blurred. He looked around and tried to figure out where he was but, then he remembered. He was captured by Gaea's Will and was being tortured for UNSC secrets but he didn't speak a word. He wanted to move but he couldn't feel a thing, his body went numb from so much pain. He kept trying to move but his actions were useless. He knew his hands and feet were chained to something some if he could move it would still be useless. "Make sure everything is packed! We leave now!" Huey heard someone yell.

"We're leaving the prisoner. Now get on the ship we're leaving" Huey heard loud noises then nothing it became silent. After a moment of silence the temperature rose and a cracking sound followed the strange rise of temperature. Huey started to sweat but there was nothing he could do. "So this is how it ends?" Huey laughed , something he hasn't done in years. "I was a fool to think someone would rescue me." The flames grew bigger, knowing there was nothing he could do Huey awaited his fate.

[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4][b][i][background=transparent]Vance[/background][/i][/b][/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4][background=transparent]:[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4][background=transparent]As the rest of the group had begun to gather outside to be ready for Drakes speech, vance had actually been inside modifying his armor one last time, because who knows when they would be near any tech qualified to render most of the software implemented in his armor. Then he hears Drake begin his speech, and rushes to put his armor on. “Damn, I thought I’d have more time” He mutters to himself as he begins to run up to the stage where everyone else is, barely making it before he is introduced to the crowd. “You know I’m not late, you started your speech ten minutes early”, Vance says trying to make up an excuse for being several minutes too late. “So, this is it huh? We’re mankind's last chance for survival, I wouldn't get our hopes up too high. I mean look at all those trigger happy morons”[/background][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4][background=transparent]As the crowd became more rowdy with cheer Vance became somewhat bored, so he checked in on his AI (no one knows what he named it, or if its a male or female), to see if she was done with all the final initial programs to be installed in the helmets computer. “So we almost set, after the speech I’ll head back down to pick you up, then we’ll catch up with the rest” It remained silent for a brief moment until telling him that it had just finished the downloads and was ready. When vance heard that he decided to sneak back and get his AI. But by the time he had picked it up he began to hear screaming come from outside, so he ran back out only to see people getting killed left and right from the animals of the jungle. [/background][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4][background=transparent]Quickly he sprinted to his hover car and rushed to the rest of the group hoping to pick up a couple. Two soldiers entered and yelled at him to hurry it up. “Would you two shut up, this thing only goes so fast. By the way I hope you two have some amazing shooting skills.” The two just looked at him, “You have to weaken it by shooting its joints. It cant regenerate them”[/background][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4][b][i][background=transparent]Mickey[/background][/i][/b][/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4][background=transparent]:[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4][background=transparent]Mickey had no desire to be praised for what they were about to do, there was no need. He understood the moral boost the people of the city needed, but why must they all be there. So Mickey waited in the back for the time to come where they would leave. Just then he heard a couple people scream, he turned around to see scores of huge animals gathered around the city. He shoved a couple of the group members out of the way as he saw one of the monkeys throw a spear towards center stage nearly missing several members. [/background][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4][background=transparent]Mickey ripped his hover board from his side and darted at the vehicles to get into his tank along with one other member, who became his guidance tech. Seeing as how he had no top gunner he realized he had only a limited amount of ammunition, since the rest of the supplies were not yet delivered. The two in the tank had began to head around the front of the crowd and firing of shots at oncoming enemies, not only to protect the civilians but also to assure the supplies would make it to the cargo holders. Cause lets face it, without the proper supplies we couldn't do much.[/background][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4][background=transparent]By the time everything was set, the tank was one of the only things out in eye sight for allies and enemies could see. So unfortunately he had to flee, seeing two things, one, it was an order for anyone who was not agile to fight and two, the tank had taken too much damage to really take on any more without becoming somewhat useless. So Mickey decided to take a different approach to taking on the enemy, he took time to flank the Sekhmet. He went around began shooting at her back hoping to draw some attention for the others to take her down, while also making an attempt to strike at her staff to hopefully take away her powers.[/background][/size][/font][/color]

Sekhmet was very much annoyed by these humans who have been hitting her with bullets and one of them had been attacking with a tank! Her extreme hearing had picked up upon what the human said and widened her eyes as she realized that her weakness had already been analysed, she had not known that the simple humans outside of the cult were capable of such. She released an ear-shattering roar and flames burst out of her, roasting one of the soldiers who had been flying by. The flames encircled her, creating a massive tornado around her, burning the surrounding rainforest to crisp. The members of Team Codex were buffeted by waves of hot air that stung their skin. The flames became so bright that they had to shield their eyes.

Alas the fire subsided and standing before them was Sekhmet, again, but wearing shining gold armor with plates to cover her joints. Her staff had been replaced by a wicked-looking halberd and in her other hand she held a gleaming shield. For once, she moved, and she leaped forward with astonishing speed, snapping a soldier out of the air with her teeth and crunching down, chewing the metal hovercraft as if it were a mere cookie. Suddenly disgusted, she spat it out. The rest of the team seemed stunned and the goddess smiled viciously at her adversaries' fear.

[hr]Drake had taken the respite to aim again, this time directed at the goddess's plate armored joints. The flash of Dark Matter seemed to have been deflected, leaving only a big dent on the goddess's pad. [i]"s***,"[/i] thought Drake. [i]"In this case, I don't have enough ammo to fully pierce it! I'll have to strike from behind."[/i] He directed his driver to fly past and behind the goddess, but Sekhmet turned and moved with him. She swung her halberd. Drake's extreme reflexes realized that the goddess had timed it perfectly with the speed of the hovercar and there was no way to dodge as there was too much momentum and the halberd was simply too big. He grabbed his pilot and leaped backwards, opposite to the direction they were previously going, he used the air jets on his boots to get extra force.

Drake and the pilot came crashing down on the burnt skeleton of a tree. The pilot, Major Cornwell was his name, was knocked unconscious from the fall, as Drake had fortunately landed on top of the guy. Knowing that he should join the fray, he rested the limp body carefully between some branches and the drunk and analysed the structure of the tree to make sure that it was sturdy enough to hold the one-hundred-and-eighty-pound man.

Drake turned back to the action. Fortunately for him, the rest of the guys had distracted the goddess so that she was no longer paying as much attention to him. He got out his sniper again and took aim, but the goddess seemed to have sensed the attack coming beforehand and moved her shield in place without looking. The shield was, in fact, hard enough to take the shot without a single mark on it.

Using his radio, he called one of the soldiers to come pick him up, without the major as he was too eager to return to the fight. Major Cornwell could stay there for now. He proceeded to turn on the radio for everyone and spoke to them all. "Each deity has a power core on their body, that is the center for sustaining their physical form, their avatar. They may be immortal, but they can be defeaten. The power core is shielded by almost all their energy and power and, thus, almost inaccessible... but it is still reachable."

[b]"Human, you intend to enter not just the lion's den, but the lion's mouth?"[/b] thundered Sekhmet, listening in. She seemed incredibly confident. [b]"Haha, foolish human. I will eat whoever dares to try!"[/b] She roared again, spewing flame and very nearly catching one of the soldiers.

Drake got into his hovercar's driver's seat, pushing the soldier aside. His extreme reflexes and ability to read Sekhmet's movements allowed him to maneuver around them and he was careful enough to gather too much momentum to brake or change direction. He flew up to Sakuya's eagle. [color=#008080]"Sakuya-san... if that is the correct honorific," [/color]he said in a low voice so to not allow Sekhmet to hear. [color=#008080]"I need you to leap into her mouth when the opening is made. Fly above her and drop down. Go inside and just attack like crazy." [/color]Drake then flew around and proceeded to radio everyone again. [color=#008080]"I want everyone, on the count of three, to all center your fire on her face or more specifically her mouth!" [/color]he cried. [color=#008080]"On three! One... two... [b]THREE!!!![/b]"[/color] He fired his sniper, almost completely overheating it.

Trinity:

Trinity saw Drake turn back to the action not wanting to seem like a coward she did the same. Driving towards the goddess she drew one of her guns and starting shooting at the golden plates that covered the Goddess's joints but they only deflected off the armour. "How do we defeat someone like this?" Trinity thought to herself. She started circling the goddess with her hover bike making sure to dodge her attacks, while do so she starting shooting everywhere from the knee caps to the Goddess's shoulder but nothing seemed to effect this immortal being.

After minutes of random shooting she found herself low on ammo. "What now?....I can run out of ammo now and become defenseless later." She thought. Only moments later she heard Drake yelling for everyone to aim their fire at her mouth. She did as he asked and starting shooting the jaw of the Goddess waiting to see the results.

Huey:

On a surgery table laid ashes. A mysterious wind blew the ashes, they traveled along with the wind hitting Huey's face. He awoke confused and started looking around for a answer. "What happened to the fire?....The chains? my scars?" He asked himself. Huey jumped on the table he was tortured on, when he landed he fell to his knees. "The hell?" He struggled to get back up his muscles were soar but he didn't know why after walking around her heard a beautiful voice. "You shouldn't rush so quickly I couldn't completely heal you." Huey looked up and saw a lady about 5'4 with an hourglass figure covered in black fire. "Who....who are you?" He asked. She replied in a sweet voice "I am the goddess of the sun, Amaterasu."

Archived