Legendary Castle Of Eldorado

yugiohmakermasta

[img]http://i.imgur.com/YjdV6.jpg[/img]
Lore: You can only activate this card when your lifepoints are lower than your opponents, gain 2000 life points and draw 2 cards from your deck. You cannot special summon any monsters during the you activate this card, and skip your next battle phase. Spells, Traps, and card effects cannot be activated in response to this card's activation. You cannot activate other spell cards during the turn you activate this card "You can only activate 1 'Legendary Castle of Eldorado' per turn'.

The Effect Needs some work, however I am still working on getting yugioh card grammar down T_T
I always add 1996 Kazuki Takahashi in the bottom corner for realizticness

WAYYYY TOOOOOO OVERPOWERED!!!!!!!! AAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! ALSO GIVES EXODIA DECKS ANOTHER TOOOOOOL!!!!!!!

First of all, the "You cannot special summon the turn you activate this effect, you also cannot conduct your battle phase the turn this effect was activated." is irrelevant cuz you can just activate this card during your opponent's turn, [i]or[/i] if you are running exodia, it doesn't matter anyway, cuz you don't need to summon or attack. Second of all, the fact that it cannot be negated is really OP. And thirdly, the Life Point gain is irrelevant. I think you should LOSE Life Points for it.

But really, the fact that Exodia Decks can abuse this thing makes it REALLY bad. No offense. Actually, it's pretty bad no matter what, it's a Pot of Greed combined with two Dian Keto the Cure Masters and also a Quickplay that cannot be negated in one.

[quote name='AixDivadis' timestamp='1355597848' post='6094126']
WAYYYY TOOOOOO OVERPOWERED!!!!!!!! AAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! ALSO GIVES EXODIA DECKS ANOTHER TOOOOOOL!!!!!!!

First of all, the "You cannot special summon the turn you activate this effect, you also cannot conduct your battle phase the turn this effect was activated." is irrelevant cuz you can just activate this card during your opponent's turn, [i]or[/i] if you are running exodia, it doesn't matter anyway, cuz you don't need to summon or attack. Second of all, the fact that it cannot be negated is really OP. And thirdly, the Life Point gain is irrelevant. I think you should LOSE Life Points for it.

But really, the fact that Exodia Decks can abuse this thing makes it REALLY bad. No offense. Actually, it's pretty bad no matter what, it's a Pot of Greed combined with two Dian Keto the Cure Masters and also a Quickplay that cannot be negated in one.
[/quote]

I know, however it is missunderstood, I need to fix that loop hole being able to use it on their turn. I meant it to only be used on your turn.

Cleaned it up a little bit, this is what it was indented to be. Hope The Edit Fixed it.

Really, Not much feed back on this card?

Yeah, it's basically a pot of greed. Having less life than your opponent is barely situational, and gaining life to collect a +1 is just bad. The drawbacks mean nothing because you can use it during your opponents turn or as MST bait. If I were you, I'd make it a normal spell, which makes the drawbacks actually relevant. At that point, it's actually not too bad because it's a more situational cardcar-d that doesn't eat up normal summon. And anyone who bribes or solemns this is stupid.

Fixes:
1. Make it a normal spell.
2. Change the wording of the drawbacks accordingly.
3. Add in "You can only activate 1 'Legendary Castle of Eldorado' per turn'.

[quote name='Archlord Sora' timestamp='1355602315' post='6094204']
Yeah, it's basically a pot of greed. Having less life than your opponent is barely situational, and gaining life to collect a +1 is just bad. The drawbacks mean nothing because you can use it during your opponents turn or as MST bait. If I were you, I'd make it a normal spell, which makes the drawbacks actually relevant. At that point, it's actually not too bad because it's a more situational cardcar-d that doesn't eat up normal summon. And anyone who bribes or solemns this is stupid.

Fixes:
1. Make it a normal spell.
2. Change the wording of the drawbacks accordingly.
3. Add in "You can only activate 1 'Legendary Castle of Eldorado' per turn'.
[/quote]

Thanks for the feed back, I will try and edit this.

edit: I made some edits, per as archlord sora suggested. I hope its a moar balanced.

[quote name='wyang4862' timestamp='1355612211' post='6094348']
forgive me if i'm mistaken but shouldn't this be in the pop culture section?
[/quote]

If you're asking this due to the animated movie some time ago, then no, it doesn't go to pop culture. This is based on the myth, not the movie, and it's only related by name.

OT: With the changes to this card, it's looking a little less broken, but I still think you can do some more for it. Mainly:
1. The effect pretty much means that ANY of your turns that you have less than your opponent in Life Points, and haven't played three of this, that you can overcome the difference (maybe) AND +1. this could even mean that you took 200 damage and it's 8000 to 7800... you now have 9800 and an extra card. What.
2. No special summons and can't attack, can't activate another spell. This is a reasonable balance, especially because it knocks off playing more draw effects for a whole turn, and kind of makes it a "should I or not" in Exodia decks. Other decks, though, like... beast stun. They can still bring out Barb and Skill Drain him because his no-tribute effect summon is a normal. That's kind of scary.

I think I'd suggest changing the condition of when you can activate and when you gain Life Points. Maybe only being able to activate this the turn after taking a certain amount of damage, and then deciding from there whether you gain 2000 or not based on if you have less than your opponent. Also, make the draw effect inherent, but give it a drawback, like having to discard/banish a card after drawing 2.

[quote name='DarkFenrir119' timestamp='1355615142' post='6094384']
If you're asking this due to the animated movie some time ago, then no, it doesn't go to pop culture. This is based on the myth, not the movie, and it's only related by name.

OT: With the changes to this card, it's looking a little less broken, but I still think you can do some more for it. Mainly:
1. The effect pretty much means that ANY of your turns that you have less than your opponent in Life Points, and haven't played three of this, that you can overcome the difference (maybe) AND +1. this could even mean that you took 200 damage and it's 8000 to 7800... you now have 9800 and an extra card. What.
[b]Life points are pretty much useless, just saying. If you've taken a miniscule number of damage like 200, it usually means that your opponent summoned a bigger level 4 than yours[/b],[b] and so your field is empty and you need to make a comeback[/b] [b]before your opponent secures field advantage. This is definitely not the card you'd want to play in this situation, so I don't think that you acquire over-the-top advantage from this.[/b]
2. No special summons and can't attack, can't activate another spell. This is a reasonable balance, especially because it knocks off playing more draw effects for a whole turn, and kind of makes it a "should I or not" in Exodia decks. Other decks, though, like... beast stun. They can still bring out Barb and Skill Drain him because his no-tribute effect summon is a normal. That's kind of scary.
[b]Your scenario involves a sub-meta deck and a 3-card combo[/b][b], so I don't think we really need to worry about that too much.[/b]
I think I'd suggest changing the condition of when you can activate and when you gain Life Points. Maybe only being able to activate this the turn after taking a certain amount of damage, and then deciding from there whether you gain 2000 or not based on if you have less than your opponent. Also, make the draw effect inherent, but give it a drawback, like having to discard/banish a card after drawing 2.
[b]Jeez, don't nerf it to oblivion. It's already turns your turn into a dud, like cardcar. That's why nobody runs him, because you're just sitting there waiting for your opponent to game you. I'll admit, the card doesn't have the best design in the world, but I don't think it needs any more drawbacks.[/b]
[/quote]

thanks for all the support, I do need to edit the Cannot activate other spells. It currently applies to the next turn and not the current one, then I think it will be complete

[quote name='Archlord Sora' timestamp='1355615018' post='6094383']
Just realized that the "You can only activate 1 (card name) per turn" clause is redundant, lol. You can take it out. XD
[/quote]

How is it redundent.

Archived