So my friend used this to top at locals...

Agro

[quote name='Kettleblack' timestamp='1355687679' post='6095115']
Win condition? Deckout?
[/quote]
[quote name='Spike the Bloody' timestamp='1355688885' post='6095134']
I think it's a Stallburn....

<_<

Good god. Why the triple upstart?
[/quote]I told him not to run it. It'll probably be replaced soon though.

And yeah, the win condition is deck out. You just set 5 and stall for game. Apparently it burns for game 30% of the time.

Alright.
R1: Lost 0-2 vs Rabbit. He apparently opened Rabbit & TGU both times and just Shock Master'd him to death.
R2: Won 2-0 vs Geargia.
R3: Won 2-0 vs Geargia
R4: Won 2-1 vs Merlanteans
R5: Won 2-1 vs Merlanteans
R6: Won 2-1 vs lsworns
R7: Won 2-1 vs Merlanteans

He says that for Merlanteans, that Moulinglacia is a b****, and the most sided card against him was Royal Decree, which caused the majority of the ones in the loss column. Which is why he loves Twister.

Top 8: Won 2-0 vs Chaos Dragons
Top 4: Won 2-1 vs Inzektors
Top 2: Won 2-1 vs Wind-Ups

[quote name='Remnants' timestamp='1355691751' post='6095176']
Boooooo. This is nothing new. No monsters is interesting only when it's NOT STALL/BURN!! Otherwise it's just same-old same-old.
[/quote]It's just stall for the sake of stall. It just tries to 141 every play until the opponent runs out of options.

And by the results of games all versus the meta, I'd say it worked out well.

[quote name='Agro' timestamp='1355694910' post='6095222']
It's just stall for the sake of stall. It just tries to 141 every play until the opponent runs out of options.

And by the results of games all versus the meta, I'd say it worked out well.
[/quote]

I'm sure it does work well, but it's still derivative of a whole lot of other decks that essentially do the same thing but better. It lacks originality, and doesn't inspire any sense of fun or excitement. Those are my favorite kinds of decks, so I'm definitely biased.

[quote name='Remnants' timestamp='1355699181' post='6095296']
I'm sure it does work well, but it's still derivative of a whole lot of other decks that essentially do the same thing but better. It lacks originality, and doesn't inspire any sense of fun or excitement. Those are my favorite kinds of decks, so I'm definitely biased.
[/quote]It's original in its simplicity. And how well it worked by doing so.

[quote name='Agro' timestamp='1355699536' post='6095298']
It's original in its simplicity. And how well it worked by doing so.
[/quote]

^This is a lie. It's not original. I've seen dozens of decks just like it. And doing well does not make it original. If anything, it's the opposite. In a game where broken cards are pumped out all the time, making an original deck work well is unlikely. Not like it matters here, because as I said, it's not original. Anyways, this is my last post on my opinion because I don't want this to break out into a fight or anything.

[quote name='Remnants' timestamp='1355700835' post='6095313']
^This is a lie. It's not original. I've seen dozens of decks just like it. And doing well does not make it original. If anything, it's the opposite. In a game where broken cards are pumped out all the time, making an original deck work well is unlikely. Not like it matters here, because as I said, it's not original. Anyways, this is my last post on my opinion because I don't want this to break out into a fight or anything.
[/quote]You're a bit late for that.

Even if it's not "original" persay, it's certainly not attempted in today's game, and it CERTAINLY doesn't win like he managed to win like. The absolute control this deck can give you was what made it fun. I mean, the deck basically punishes someone for plussing and deck thinning over and over again to the point of absurdity.

The wonder of the deck isn't that it's original. It's that it worked. That no one really thought about playing a deck meant for keeping the opponent at bay. I mean look at the stall/burn decks that topped the last YCSs. Chain Burn. That's all anyone worries about. Chain Burn, Exodia, Final Countdown. This isn't any of these. It just lays cards on the field and challenges the opponent to take it on. There's no tricks, no second guessing. It just plays the game. Even though I'm sure many of you will disagree, it's essentially a deck based around player interaction. The whole point of the deck is to counter what the opponent puts out on the field.

It's not "original" in the sense that no one's ever thought of it before, it's original because no one's done it recently, and certainly not as well as he pulled it off.

[quote name='Spike the Bloody' timestamp='1355701929' post='6095339']
Whooooah. Agro made an epic win that I agree with. +1 rep.

But yeah, I might have to netdeck this and go troll on DN with it. Getting rid of the upstarts obviously.
[/quote]Find room for Macros in the side. Good for Atlanteans and Dark Worlds.

I've heard of people playing Upstart to create spaces for siding. One guy on YouTube, speedy steve, mains 3 Upstart in his Junk Doppel deck for a total of 43 cards, because he then can side out the Upstarts without ruining the many important cards in his deck, while also maintaining the same number of cards in his main deck because Upstart is a +0. I don't know if that's why your friend did that, but yeah.

[quote name='slayer_supreme' timestamp='1355715438' post='6095513']
I've heard of people playing Upstart to create spaces for siding. One guy on YouTube, speedy steve, mains 3 Upstart in his Junk Doppel deck for a total of 43 cards, because he then can side out the Upstarts without ruining the many important cards in his deck, while also maintaining the same number of cards in his main deck because Upstart is a +0. I don't know if that's why your friend did that, but yeah.
[/quote]No, he did it because he's not that smart.

Anyway, apparently he topped locals AGAIN today, so here's his report and I've updated the decklist in the OP.

R1 - lost 0-2 exodia ftk. "f*** exodia" [b]Agro: It should be pretty obvious that this deck loses to Exodia, which is why I suggest siding or maining Mind Crush.[/b]
R2 - won 2-1 vs Mermails. "f*** moulinglacia"
R3 - won 2-0 vs Blackwings
R4 - won 2-1 vs Dark Worlds
R5 - won 2-1 vs Mermails
R6 - lost 1-2 Heroes. "i just cant beat heroes" [b]Agro: Seriously, he can't. With anything. It's funny, really.[/b]
R7 - won 2-1 vs Laval Quasar
Top 8 - won 2-0 Chaos Dragons again
Top 4 - won 2-0 X-sabers
Top 2 - 1-1 won in extra time vs Mermails. [b]Agro: And of course this is how it ends[/b]

He's decided that he probably shouldn't show up there for a while.

Archived