[Striker] Super Extravagant Christmas Contest

Nathanael D. Striker

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Envoy of the Striker

For those who are wondering, I'm taking the average score from the two cards. If it the score ends up with a X.Y5, then it rounds up to X.Y+1 Anyway, here we go! Just a note, I only gave a detailed review for the Spell Card. Also, ties are broken by who had the highest scoring card.

[spoiler=Bahamut Shark]

[spoiler=Card A]

BHSH-062 Natural Cycle of Water

SPELL

Normal Spell Card

Return 1 WATER monster from your Graveyard to your Deck: Then add 1 WATER monster with 1500 ATK or less from your Deck to your hand. If there is a face-up 'Umi' on the field, you can Special Summon a WATER monster with 1500 ATK or less from your Deck instead.

Interesting. Well, it gives WATER some consistency. Though if you have "Umi" out, you can literally just Special Summon a monster from your Graveyard. This would probably be used in Mermails, which may not need more consistency with their swarming and allows the reuse of Atlanteans and a second chance to use their effects. Somethings that are mehish to me, but it is a great card nonetheless.

[spoiler=Score]

Creativity: 3.3/4

Balance: 3.4/4

Viability: 1.8/2

Total: 8.5/10

[spoiler=Card B]

BHSH-078 Relentless Pressure of Water

TRAP

Continuous Trap Card

Once per turn: When (exactly) 1 WATER monster is sent to your Graveyard: Place 1 'Pressure Counter' on this card (max 3). When this card is destroyed: Add a number of WATER monsters with 1000 ATK or less from your Deck to your hand equal to the number of Pressure Counters when this card is destroyed, then skip your next Draw Phase. You can only control 1 'Relentless Pressure of Water'.

[spoiler=Score]

Balance: 3/4

Viability: 2/2

Total: 8.3/10

[spoiler=Average Score]

8.4/10

[spoiler=Renegade]

[spoiler=Card A]

1hblh2.jpg

All WATER monsters with a Level lower than their original Level are counted as having both their original Level and their lowered Level. If a WATER monster is Xyz Summoned; You can attach this card to the Xyz Summoned monster as an Xyz Material Monster.

Cue ensuing drama! I assume this is to work in tandem with "Umi". Well, this gives Mermails and other WATER monsters more access to certain Ranks for Xyz Summons. I don't know if they have the deck space for a card like this though, since they would be more wiling to swarm. Though, this card gives them an extra advantage if you do use this. However the added Material is situational since a WATER Xyz is needed. Eh, this is okay.

[spoiler=Score]

Creativity: 3.7/4

Viability: 1.4/2

Total: 8.1/10

[spoiler=Card B]

33b05ja.jpg

Can only be activated if a face-up Attack Position WATER monster you control is selected as an attack target; Equip this card to the attack target. The equipped monster gains 1000 DEF points and is switched to Defense Position. The equipped monster cannot be destroyed by card effects the turn this card is activated.

[spoiler=Score]

Creativity: 2.8/4

Viability: 1.2/2

Total: 7.4/10

[spoiler=Average Score]

7.8/10

[spoiler=D.A. Sigfried]

[spoiler=Card A]

156718.jpg

Target 2 WATER monsters in your Graveyard; Banish 1 of them and send the other to the Deck: Special Summon 1 WATER monster from the Deck who's level is less then or equal to the combined total of the targets. You can only activate 1 "Ascending in the Deep Sea" per turn.

Dump a useless WATER and recycle an Atlantean for more shenanigans while Special Summoning a Mermail? Okay, that sounds like a good idea. Let's go try it. Serious though, this gives WATER some needed consistency, though I keep stressing Merlanteans cause they are relevant in WATER now. The card looks okay, but it can see some good use if not great.

[spoiler=Score]

Balance: 3.5/4

Viability: 1.7/2

[spoiler=Card B]

156726.jpg

Send all cards you control except this card to the Graveyard: Special Summon WATER Sea-Serpent type monsters from your Deck equal to the number of cards sent. You cannot attack the turn you activate this effect and any monster Special Summoned by this effect are banished when they leave the field. While this card is in your Graveyard; You can banish it and 1 level 4 or higher WATER monster in your Graveyard to destroy 1 card your opponent controls.

[spoiler=Score]

Creativity: 3.6/4

Balance: 2.8/4

Viability: 1.6/2

Total: 8/10

[spoiler=Average Score]

8.3/10

[spoiler=johnhabib25]

[spoiler=Card A]

156828.jpg

Only 1 "Sea Staff of the Howling Wolf" can be equipped at a time. You can only equip this card to a face-up WATER Monster you control to activate one of the following effect:

●Have the equipped monster gain 500 ATK.

●Destroy the equipped monster to add 1 level 3 or lower WATER monster from your deck to your hand.

●Destroy the equipped monster and discard 1 WATER monster in your hand; send 1 face-up Spell or Trap card on the field to the owner's hand.

I expect the second effect to be used the most, giving Merlanteans some needed fuel. The third effect is meh cause Continuous Cards don't last long. The first effect may only be used to push for game. With that said, this card isn't that great since only 1 effect will be used out of the three, though that effect is godly imo.

[spoiler=Score]

Creativity: 3.5/4

Balance: 3.3/4

Viability: 1.5/2

Total: 8.3/10

[spoiler=Card B]

156793.jpg

You can activate the effect of "Typhoon Revenge" once during your opponent's Draw Phase. Draw 1 card and reveal it to your opponent. If it is a WATER Monster-Type card, you can remove it from play to have your opponent remove from play the card he/she drew. If you activate the effect of this card, skip your next Draw Phase.

[spoiler=Score]

Balance: 3.6/4

Viability: 1.5/2

Total: 8.7/10

[spoiler=Average Score]

8.5/10

[spoiler=Thar]

[spoiler=Card A]

Frosty Fir

Spell Card - Continuous

During your or your opponent's Main Phase 1: You may target one WATER monster you control; that Monster cannot be the target of an attack or a Spell, Trap, or Monster card effect until the next respective Main Phase 1. When this card is destroyed while a Monster is still affected by it: Increase that Monster's ATK by 1000.

Okay? Um, looks like a WATER-specific version of the Forbidden Quick Spells in Continuous form. TBH, I don't think I would dedicate deck space to this card. I would rather use a Forbidden Quick Spell and bait my opponent then give them a chance to react.

[spoiler=Score]

Creativity: 2.8/4

Balance: 3.6/4

Viability: 1.1/2

Total: 7.5/10

[spoiler=Card B]

Bluefire Blast Furnace

Trap Card

The ATK and DEF of all WATER monsters on the field become 0. Destroy all Spell cards and non-WATER monsters on the field.

[spoiler=Score]

Creativity: 3/4

Balance: 1.9/4

Total: 6.7/10

[spoiler=Average Score]

7.1/10

[spoiler=AznKvn]

[spoiler=Card A]

34t5201.jpg

Oh look, a new play toy for Merlanteans! Let's get the combo pieces we need and start some shenanigans. Seriously though, that is how this card will most likely be used. Grab an Atlantean/Mermail and reuse an Atlantean. This card will see some use, but at what cost?

[spoiler=Score]

Creativity: 3.5/4

Balance: 3.3/4

Total: 8.6/10

[spoiler=Card B]

nv9lye.jpg

[spoiler=Score]

Creativity: 3.4/4

Total: 8.2/10

[spoiler=Average Score]

8.4/10

[spoiler=Champion Iris]

[spoiler=Card A]

105abzo.jpg

When this card is activated: Send 1 "Fishborg" monster from your Deck to the Graveyard. While this card is on the field; all monsters in your Graveyard are treated as WATER monsters.

Fishborg, huh? Thank goodness "Fishborg Blaster" is banned or this card would be broken. The main "Fishborg" monster I see used with this is "Fishborg Launcher", essentially making it a "Fishborg Blaster" for all tense and purposes since the all-WATER monsters in Graveyard requirement will be instantly met. TBH, this gives Fishborg some needed consistency, but it has a price since "Fishborg Launcher" can and will look like another "Fishborg Blaster".

[spoiler=Score]

Balance: 3.2/4

[spoiler=Card B]

windqd.jpg

You must banish 1 "Fishborg" card in your Graveyard to activate this card. All monsters on the field are treated as WATER monsters. When this card is destroyed: Add up to 2 of your banished "Fishborg" cards to your hand.

[spoiler=Score]

Total: 8.8/10

[spoiler=Average Score]

8.7/10

[spoiler=AixDivadis]

[spoiler=Card A]

156285.jpg

I would have liked this to be a Quick Play Spell, though it can help reuse Leviathan which is nice. This can also help Merlanteans, but you are doing something wrong if you can't finish your opponent with their Xyzs. Though, it can be a nice recycler if you need it. Like I said, you are probably doing something wrong if you can't push for game without this.

[spoiler=Score]

Viability: 1.6/2

Total: 8/10

[spoiler=Card B]

156273.jpg

[spoiler=Score]

Balance: 3.1/4

[spoiler=Average Score]

8.3/10

[spoiler=Missingno]

[spoiler=Card A]

Waterfalling Power

Quick-Play Spell

Target 1 WATER Monster you control, an send, from the top of your deck to the graveyard, cards equal to it's level; apply the following effects based on what kind of cards were sent to the graveyard:

Monster: For each WATER Monster sent to the graveyard by this effect, the target gains 300 ATK.

Spell: The target cannot be sent to the graveyard or banished this turn.

Trap: If the target destroys a monster by battle this turn: Draw 1 card.

Hmm, Graveyard set-up with added benefits. "Fishborg Launcher" will love something like this and Merlanteans as well. I can see at least two of these effects being used in tandem, creating a powerful WATER monster. Maybe too powerful if you ask me.

[spoiler=Score]

Balance: 3.1/4

[spoiler=Card B]

Ice Spear

Normal Trap

If this face-down card would be destroyed: you may activate it (regardless of any card effects); it is not destroyed. Target 1 WATER Monster; it gains 500 ATK. It cannot attack during the turn this card is activated. When it destroys a monster by battle: Banish 1 WATER Monster from your Graveyard, and discard 1 card; You opponent discards 1 card, and sends 1 card from the top of their deck to the graveyard.

[spoiler=Score]

Viability: 1.4/2

Total: 7.9/10

[spoiler=Average Score]

8.2/10

1st: Champion Iris

2nd: johnabib25

3rd (by tie-breaker): AznKvn

Thank you everyone for participating, and Remo wins the 22,500 points for being the only person to correctly guess the winner of the contest! Prizes will be sent out today and tomorrow! Once again, thank you!

Guest Envoy of the Striker

Ah shucks, well I at least got tied for 4th technically.

If tie-breakers are taken into consideration, you would have gotten 6th.

Archived