Firebat DZ

Hey guys! Today I bring you a very interesting story and take on the monster cards of Yu Gi Oh! Many of you are familiar with popular comic series like Superman and Batman as well as the Justice League and the Avengers. Well I took that universe or at least the concept of it and implemented it on our own Yu Gi Oh HEROes.

Yu Gi Oh! HERO is the story about the Elemental Heroes and their fight for justice against many enemies like the Destiny Heroes, Evil Heroes and forces from the beyond. During the first couple of chapters you will see how different men and a woman meet their destinies to become the members of the legendary team. But it won't take long till the villains themselves surface as well.

The first chapter explains it pretty well and serves as a solid pilot to introduce the story but to reinforce what the chapter says here's a small synopsis of the setting:

[quote]In a fictional earth, in the near future. Chat Martin, CEO and Chairman of Martin Corporation (and the future Elemental Hero Bubbleman) gives the approval to initiate a complex experiment dubbed Project Destiny. Project Destiny has as it's final goal, the creation of superhumans for military use and beyond. He has appointed Doctor Leon Dietrich (future Destiny Hero Malicious) in charge of the experiment as the head administrator. Through Project Destiny, eventually the Destiny Heroes would be created, starting with Test Subject Plasma (or Destiny Hero Plasma) and the superhumans would quickly become a menace to the world. But at the same time, all around the globe, strange things are going on to specific individuals, individuals that would help shape the future of the earth and save it from the perils of beyond, the Elemental Heroes.[/quote]

So without further due, here is the first Chapter, Ignite the Spark. The tale of the Genesis of one of the most iconic HERO figures outthere; Elemental Hero Sparkman!

[spoiler='Chapter One']
Chapter One

San Francisco, USA. Some time in the nearby future.

The private jet of Martin Corp. arrives at the San Francisco airport precisely at 9: 12 am. It has been a long 8 hour flight from Tokyo, Japan to the United States of America but systems engineer Atsushi Fuguyuma couldn't be more excited to meet with the executives of his new workplace. Dr. Fuguyama is a brilliant young engineer in the field of electricity and magnetism and his recent works in renewable magnoelectric power plants caught the attention of one of the biggest energy corporations in the world, Martincorp. They now plan to implement the technology in all their facilities with almost immediate plans to transcend it for commercial and residential use. As the very nerd looking asian scientist steps off the plane, a black SUV opens it's doors and from it comes two men in suits ready to greet the doctor. Atsushi is nervous and his hands shake as he raises his hand to meet with the executives.

"Dr. Fuguyama, in behalf of our CEO Chet Martin and the rest of Martin Corporation, I would like to welcome you to the United States of America. I apologize for the absence of our chairman, Chet Martin, he is currently busy on vacation in England. My name is Dwight Stitt, vice president of the company, and I must say we are very happy to have you here with us doctor. If you may, please take a seat on the vehicle, the corporation building is not far from here."

The vice president then faces the other suited man in his company, it was an aged man, on his fourties, but Atsushi could recognize that he was also a scientist and not a businessman.

"I believe you two haven't met before, Dr. Fuguyama, this is Dr. Leon Dietrich. Rocket Systems Engineer for Martin Corporation. He is one of our brightest minds in the company, and we are very excited to see that both of you work together in our latest projects. Now gentlemen if we may, let's take a seat on the van and head to the corporation building."

Inside the SUV, Atsushi takes a moment to know his work partners, nervously he tries to start some small talk with Leon:

"Dr. Dietrich, I have read many articles about your work with rocket science and I must say im marveled at your creations. I have never seen such precise weapons in my entire career."

Leon detects the feelings around the young doctor and lets out a smile, he admitted though he had not seen someone so young at the same position as him. He took his time to answer his comment:

"Ah yes, you must be referring to the XM-31. It's a solid piece of my work but im currently finishing another project, the XM-32B missile." As he finishes this sentence he takes out his notepad and searches for a detailed image of the weapon. "We are attempting to create a smart missile that detects the most imminent threat to the split second. The result would be missiles that are more than precise but think on their own and have the biggest knowledge on prioritization, precision and accuracy." He skims through the pictures as Atsushi looks with wonder at Leon's creations.

"But Im confused, what's the difference between this and the missiles you have created so far?" Atsushi asks filled with curiosity.

"First of all a missile today is given coordinates and hits where the coordinates are given. Heat Seeking missiles are easily disoriented by flares and other heat producing devices. Other missiles that use computer targeting are able to be hacked and disabled. The XM-32B has it's own defense program that can block hack attempts, and it's smart program enables it to follow it's target even when flares and other devices were used against it. The XM-32B can even change target priority in the middle of a battle. Say one craft is being targeted by the missile and it changes it's course dramatically while another target is still on the priority range, the missile's smart program will make the missile stop it's course on the current target and change it towards a new more important target in the battlefield. Very interesting rocket science Dr. Fuguyama. But that's not why you were called." Leon ends with a stern look at the young Atsushi. Atsushi ignoring the look on the doctor's face continues with his own answer, still with a nervous tone to it:

"Ah yes of course, my purpose is to help the company with the electromagnetic power plants, hehe, but thank you for sharing that information Dr. Dietrich. It is very interesting indeed, heh."

"Do you really think that was the reason you were called Dr. Fuguyama?" Leon asks still with the same eyes on Atsushi.

"Umm... well I thought it was. Am I missing something on the opportunity that was given to me?" Atsushi asks now even more nervous than before.

"Dr. Fuguyama, are you familiar with Project Destiny?" Leon asks once again, releasing his stern look on the doctor.

"Project Destiny? I don't remember reading that in the opportunity explanation. Or even being mentioned on the meeting I had with the executives over at Tokyo."

"It doesn't surprise me that they didn't mention it, after all it is a very sensitive subject. I am currently the head administrator of the project, my team and I are trying to find the way to create. How can I say this.... superhumans."

"Superhumans, you mean like... superheroes? Like in the comics back home?"

"Yes, like that... it sounds like a child's dream but we have discovered that a massive amount of energy transfered to a human host could ignite some kind of inner power inside of them and transform them into greater beings. This could become the greatest breakthrough since Electricity."

Atsushi is puzzled but at the same time his curiosity is rising through the roof, he wants to know more about these super humans, about this "Project Destiny". "And how exactly you plan to do that, Dr. Dietrich?"

"That's where you come in. We need energy in it's purest form, light. And there is no bigger expert in light than you Dr. Fuguyama. We Theorize that your works in Electromagnetism are just what we need to create these superhumans and change the world." Leon pauses as the SUV approaches the corporation building's entrance. "We can talk more about this inside the laboratory, follow me when we get off the vehicle."

Atsushi nods as the doors to the SUV open and they are greeted by more men in suits. The building for Martin Corp was huge, bigger than anything Atsushi has ever seen in Tokyo. Glass windows cover the building from top to bottom and a fountain with the statue of Chet Martin stands right in front of him, greeting the doctor into the corporation. Atsushi did as Leon told him and follows him into the building. The newest member to Martin Corp is quickly introduced to the rest of the executives and it didn't take long for him and Leon to make their ascention into the laboratory floor. The Martin Corp laboratory appears by far the finest in the world. Hundreds of experienced staff walk up and down the grounds checking up on ongoing experiments. Some of them notice the presence of Dr. Dietrich and take a moment to greet the engineer. Leon wastes no time taking Atsushi straight to the Project Destiny laboratory grounds. Inside, one of the models theorized and produced by Atsushi himself is completed and fully functional. Leon looks at Atsushi expecting an rhetorical answer.

"So what do you think? We have been able to implement your theories and practices on Electromagnetic power and created a successful working model here in the laboratory. But we need you to take it to it's full potential, the potential we need to start Project Destiny."

Atsushi couldn't believe the fruits of his work produced right in front of him. His theories and thoughts were true all this time. He feels a sense of inner pride as he looks upon Leon and can't wait to start working.

"Of course, I would have to check up on the power metrics used in this machine and see how high I can get them too. Once that's done a few more tweaks and fixes should do it. It could take me as little as a day. If you let me I can work on this overnight."

Leon nods in agreement with Atsushi: "Of course, you are welcome to stay in the laboratory for the night. Tell me the results tommorow afternoon after you get some good sleep. You have a lot of work to do Dr. Fuguyama. Good luck."

Atsushi bows as Leon makes his way out of the Laboratory. Atsushi is then left alone to work with the generator with a couple of assistants. As night falls, the assistants are forced to leave due to their work shifts ending but Atsushi prepares to pull off an all nighter in the machine. Hours pass and little progress is made to make the machine work like Atsushi intends. He reviews the blueprints over and over again, finding whatever flaws he could in the machine and how to fix them. He finds several and works hard on fixing them but to no avail. The machine simply didn't want to get to his expectations. Giving it some more thought, and reviewing the entire blueprints once again he realizes he missed an error on the power outlets at the bottom of the generator. Filled with Excitement that his task is almost done, Atsushi races to the bottom of the Generator and looks for the fault. Tweaking with several panels he finally finds it. He spots a loose cable in the very end, carefully he tries to place it back into order. But as soon as the cable is fixed into place, an alarm signaling the ignition of the machine goes off. Atsushi is startled by the sudden noise and let's go of his tools. He races for the exit but the stairs are long and ardous. The alarm keeps blaring as the time is running out and the machine is about to start on full capacity.

As Atsushi almost nears the exit door into the laboratory. The alarm stops blaring and the door locks tight, leaving him inside the machine. The botton to open the door from the inside shuts down and Atsushi is now helpless inside the generator. Massive amounts of electricity start to go off and Sparks head into different directions as Atsushi covers his head. But the generator keeps spinning and spinning producing more electricity and in moments, Atsushi is struck with a massive electrical blast. The doctor screams in pain as his body is infused with large amounts of energy that flow through every vain of his body. He feels every organ being filled with pure energy and finally his eyes lit up bright as he makes a final scream into the air, drowned by the soundproof construction of the generator room.

As the cycle ends, a burned Atsushi opens his eyes. He feels different, but he can't tell what it is. He looks around him and notices the Generator completed it's cycle and the door is able to be opened again. But as he touches the door panel to open it, a bright spark comes out of his hand and produces a Short Circuit on the panel, exploding it. Atsushi screams from the sudden surprise, he looks at his hand and couldn't believe what just happened. He emanated electricity. Strangely, Atsushi let's out a big smile, for Leon was right, Project Destiny had just affected him and became a reality. He then closes his eyes and starts to feel what is pure energy flowing through his body, his heart rate is through the roof yet he doesn't feel any symptoms of heart failure or cardiac arrest. He opens his eyes once again and decides to call it a day, but he couldn't wait till tommorow to tell Leon the news.

The next morning, Atsushi wakes up after a long night. It was almost 1 pm in the afternoon and he has to head for Martin Corp. to meet with Leon. This however wasn't without a bunch of electrical accidents in his apartment involving countless short circuits to the room's lighting, his cellphone and other electrical devices. Such was the amount of accidents with inanimate and animated objects that Atsushi was forced to enter a convinience store and buy a pair of rubber gloves. As he enters the laboratory of Martin Corp. Leon couldn't help but ask the need for rubber gloves.

"Is that part of your lab equipment now Dr. Fuguyama?" Leon asked with a puzzled face.

"Good Afternoon Dr. Dietrich, ah yes the gloves... um yes, I decided to bring these to work after I found out that I had not brought them with me to America. I am working with electricity after all and I don't want to get shocked eh? heh..." Atsushi says with a forced convincing tone. Leon simply dismisses the detail but as soon as he makes his way past Atsushi he is met with a shocking blast emanating from Atsushi's shoulder. He screams in pain before falling unconscious on the floor. Hundreds of scientists watch this in horror and one of them immediately calls security. In minutes guards are surrounding Atsushi but their attempts to capture him are futile as each guard is repelled by electric emanations. In all this Atsushi is confused and panicked, trying to explain to them that he is not doing it on purpose:

"Stop, please stop! I didn't do this on purpose, I swear, I seem to have some exagerated amount of static in me, just don't get close to me. I... I... I even have gloves look!!! Rubber gloves! I can explain this, please just stop!"

Leon wakes up and takes his distance from Atsushi, he calms the guards and the rest of the commotion."Lead him to my office, I will meet him there." He says as he places a hand on his forehead which lies in massive pain. Inside the office, Atsushi tries to remain distant from Leon to avoid shocking him again, the laboratory staff had also given him a rubber suit to further reduce the chance of random static emanations from his body. Atsushi is frightened at what Leon would say to him, this was not the way he wanted to start his day.

"What happened there... explain to me." Leon says in a serious tone.

"Sir... I... I think I have become your first successful Project Destiny subject." Atsushi says in a quiet, nervous tone. But as soon as Leon hears those words a massive smile grows on his face and he spins, giving his back to Atsushi, whispering out loud "Yes!". Leon couldn't be happier for the news, the Project was real and although crude on Atsushi it could be perfected.

"I can't believe it... you, Atsushi have super human powers! You can control electricity!! Do you even know the possibilities of such a gift? You are your own electrical power plant! This is astounding! We did it Atsushi! Wow... the feeling.... it's making my blood rush to my cerebellum. I... I should calm down. Congratulations Atsushi, you are the first human to change the world since the creation of electricity and how Ironic that you have the power of such a tool inside your body! So... tell me how did it happen?!"

Atsushi feels uneasy, Leon is too excited for this success, but he couldn't think of that now. "It.. was an accident at the generator. I fixed one of the power outlets that was damaged and as soon as it was fixed the Generator initiated on full capacity. I was locked in the room and a massive volt hit me, transforming me into what you see today. But all I know is im one massive electrical ball that short circuits any electrical appliance I touch."

"That's normal Atsushi, you are simply releasing an excess of your powers, they in time will develop into a more refined state and you won't have the problems you are suffering right now. For now, celebrate on this marvelous discovery and Martin Corp will help you go through these tough times. I will talk with the men at R&D to see if they can develop a suit that helps channel your electrical emanations and keep them at bay in your body. Give me a week for that though okay?" Leon says in a reassuring tone, Atsushi smiles back but in reality he now felt like an outcast, he couldn't touch anyone, he couldn't use cellphones or tablets or even his favorite computer, which he also short circuited.

Later that week at the Martin Corp. Building. Atsushi and Leon pace the laboratory grounds overseeing the experiments and refining the generator for it's next use. Leon's cellphone rings and the doctor is forced to interrupt his work to attend it, for it was none other than Chet Martin himself.

"They are doing what?!! Of course sir... we will be there right away!" Leon says before hanging up. He then faces Atsushi: "We have an emergency on the computer room, they are hacking the Generator system in an attempt to disable it and place it on meltdown. Stay here I will get this solved right away. And if the alarm blares, leave the building!" Leon finishes, racing to the computer lab with a pair of other scientists. Atsushi is puzzled, wondering how exactly all of this happened. He walks slowly towards to computer lab to see what's going on from afar. He could see the computer technicians struggling to control the virus that was spreading on the Generator's mainframe. But by the looks of it, the team appears to be having no success. Atsushi proceeds to sit near a computer far in the back of the room. He taps his feet on the floor simply being patient but as he runs his fingers on the nearby keyboard the strangest thing occurs. His hands start to become pure electricity, the keyboard surprisingly doesn't Short Circuit and more and more of his body starts lighting up as pure energy.

Then what really catches Atsushi by surprise happens, his entire body is sucked into the keyboard's electrical wiring. In moments he becomes an electric current traveling through the hardware of the machine. Atsushi is marveled at what he thinks is the virtual world, he sees streams of data running through the massive drivers at lightining speed. It's a whole new world, and Atsushi just became part of it. It didn't take long for him to discover what appeared to be the ethernet port on the machine, and once he entered, his body fused once again as he now saw the world of the internet. Atsushi looks all around him as countless ports to all the computers in the world were now surrounding him like some sort of bottomless stadium. Data goes up and down, in and out through the different ports as it is being shared all around the world. He can see all kinds of data, video, text, pictures flying through him.

"Woah..... this... this must be the internet! AMAZING! Look! Youtube! Facebook! And.... ohhh.... um... yeah... better not look that direction." Atsushi said as his eyes were set on the adult section of the net. "Now... where did we have to go... " Atsushi starts scouting the different ports when he notices a weird yellow looking virus go into one of the ports near him. He then flies towards it in blazing speed and follows it into the port. Inside, he knows he is now in another computer in the lab room. He sees the virus traveling through the hardware of the computer, looking for a place to strike. He then proceeds to follow it once again, but as he gets near the Virus senses a presence and turns around to meet with Atsushi. A group of pockets in the Virus' body made up a menacing and twisted face that now stares at Atsushi. One of the pockets that made up the Virus' face opened up as it roars at Atsushi with a digital tone.

"Uh oh... um... hey look Im just here to check this.... UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP!" Atsushi screams as the Virus charges him with a gaping mouth. He flies through the mainframe super fast but the Virus catches up. Atsushi then stops to turn towards the virus.

"Who am I kidding... I can shoot electricity out of my hands! TAKE THIS!" Atsushi shouts as an electric blast shoots from his hand and into the Virus. The effects however are not how Atsushi predicted and the Virus grows bigger! "Of course Atsushi... he's made of electricity..." He says to himself. The virus let's out a digital laughter and resumes his chase on the young doctor. Time is running out and the virus is tailing Atsushi ready to consume his energy and resume it's duty on the computer. Flying through the mainframe though, Atsushi notices the Firewall system on the computer and notices that it's off. He looks at his hands and back to the Firewall, his face let's out a big smile as he knows exactly what to do.

"Alright little guy... if electricity won't kill you, let's see if fire will!" Atsushi then swoops down to the Firewall system and with a huge electrical blast, ignites the system. In seconds he could see the floor lit up, it was time for him to go. "I hope you brought sunscreen!" Atsushi screams at the virus as he leaps out of the Firewall's range at the speed of light. The virus, unaware of the Firewall, crashes into it and is desintegrated immediately.

"And that's what you call an Anti-Virus..." Atsushi says, but immediately realizes the cheesiness of the sentence. His job here done, he travels his way back to the computer where his body entered. As he rejoins his physical self on the lab, he could see the laboratory personnel celebrating their triumph over the virus. Their generator was safe. Leon notices that Atsushi had joined them in the room and goes to him. He keeps his distance to avoid any sudden shocks.

"We did it Atsushi, the generator is safe. Glad you are here to join us."

"Yes of course... that was a very close call."

"Indeed, hey, that reminds me, the R&D finished up something for you, come with me to check it out." Leon says as he directs Atsushi to another room. Inside, a glass tinted window stood between them and a rubber compound blue suit. It had several wirings on it and Atsushi wondered if this was the suit that Leon was talking about. Leon proceeds to remove the Glass window between them with a switch and takes the suit out of it's resting place. He hands it over to Atsushi with a smile.

"This suit should help you control your electrical emanations. It's wiring is also designed so that you can channel your electricity and harness it to whatever form you want. The rubber around it should help you with contact with other people, I suggest you wear it at all times under your work garments. The rubber is also made to specifications so that you don't suffer of heat under it, in fact it's rather cool when you wear it and stays that way at all times. Try it"

Atsushi then puts on the suit, just like Leon said, it was cool to the touch and he felt very comfortable with it. To test it, he shakes Leon's hand, and just like the doctor said, his electricity didn't shock him. He then feels control over his energy as he sees the electricity run through the suit's wiring. He also notices some protrutions on the suit that look like lightning bolts. He looks at Leon ready with a question:

"Is there any way that we can paint these protruitions yellow? I feel they would look nice on the suit." Atsushi asks. Leon chuckles for a second, knowning exactly what Atsushi wants.

"You want to look like a super hero?" Leon Asked.

"Actually yeah... I have powers after all, so why not be one?"

"And what would be your name? You know... your super hero alias?"

Atsushi gave the question some thought... he starts to think on old super hero names from the comics he read back in his childhood. But none of them appease him, a minute passes and finally a very good one comes to his mind.

"I think I will go with.... Sparkman."

To be continued...[/spoiler]

Btw, im still doing my other Fan Fic which is also posted here, Invasion of Chaos, in fact I did three chapters which I haven't added to the thread on this forum. I'll be updating the thread shortly for your enjoyment!

Archived