Best Rank 4 Xyz Monster

Aix

Seriously, this guy is the most generic but best Xyz Monster ever. Rank 4, two effects, two ways to use him. Who doesn't use this card (besides in a Deck without/with barely any Level 4 monsters)? He's a wall combined with Book of Moon!
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120417233945/yugioh/images/thumb/6/6f/MaestroketheSymphonyDjinn-YS12-EN-SR-1E.jpg/300px-MaestroketheSymphonyDjinn-YS12-EN-SR-1E.jpg[/img]
[spoiler='If you seriously don't know his effect...']2 Level 4 monsters
Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to target 1 face-up Attack Position monster your opponent controls; change it to face-down Defense Position. If a face-up "Djinn" Xyz Monster you control would be destroyed, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from that monster instead.[/spoiler]

I don't suppose there is much to discuss but w/e.

Honestly, I have to agree. At least, in terms of generic Rank 4s, this is one of, if not the, best. Utopia has lost its luster over time with all the easy destruction running around, and not many monsters have 1800 or more DEF these days, making Maestroke all the better. Plus, Maestroke has his own protection, making him even more appealing to use.

[quote name='Devil's Advocate' timestamp='1356296574' post='6100285']
There's a lot of debating going on about what the Best Rank 4 is at the moment, but I will say that this is one of the greater Rank 4s. Utopia is slightly falling out of favor, and Black Corn has a pretty cool effect. Papilloperative still sucks.
[/quote]

A surprisingly low number of people use Black Corn. I have a Maestroke out and they only bring out... Utopia. And I'm just thinking "Thank God, they didn't use Black Corn".

[quote name='AixDivadis' timestamp='1356297525' post='6100300']
A surprisingly low number of people use Black Corn. I have a Maestroke out and they only bring out... Utopia. And I'm just thinking "Thank God, they didn't use Black Corn".
[/quote]

Other people don't see the versatility of Black Corn, but when you have both Black Corn and Gachi out on the field with full materials, it's funny to be able to send Stardust with absolutely no effort. :D

[quote name='Overlord Barty' timestamp='1356298380' post='6100318']
OT: The card is amazing, and is the best Rank 4 to go into if in doubt. It deserves a place in anydeck that runs Rank 4's
[/quote]

This card is great even in decks that rarely make 4s like merlanteans. It's too good to pass up.

I play Agents therefore don't play a rank 4, but if I was ever to need just one then this would be it. It is pretty much the best rank 4 just because you can go into it in most situations and it will at least provide you with a good defence or an attack over something.

Also I was in a really awkward situation when my opponent had this and Temtempo out and I forgot Temtempo increased all Djinns... 2800 ATK Maestroke was not nice to deal with.

[quote name='Devil's Advocate' timestamp='1356301473' post='6100350']
The T.G. variant can run 2 Rhino, therefore giving you access to Corn. Also, my Deck runs TKRO, so it can actually easily make Corn.

But I've recently made room for Black Mist instead of Corn and got rid of the 1 Rhino.
[/quote]

I don't play the T.G. variant. I play the Trooper one. The only Level 4s I run are Rai-oh and Honest, and I don't ever want to make an Xyz with those. If I played Dim Alchs/Rush Rhinos etc then I would play Maestroke, not Corn,

Also Papilloperative does not suck by any means, It creates a Wind-up OTK and also wins games on its own.

Everyone, just accept that Dante doesn't know what he's talking about.

Also, reading the OP killed brain cells. It gets all the information right, but I still lost brain cells. Maybe it was the fact that the title didn't name the monster being discussed. Or perhaps that there was so much written that explained so little that was all stuff we already know. Maybe it just can't be explained.

OT: Card is great.

It's Book of Moon effect alone would already make it a decent card, but when you add a good DEF, a self-protection effect, and support from other Djinns (if you run the theme), this is amazing.

The Papilloperative helps if your opponent is playing defensive, if you want to FLIP up something, or if you want to OTK with Wind Ups. Different uses.

Hope not only auto-dies when it runs out of materials, but there's always a small possibility that a trolling opponent manages to make Chaos Hope out of it.

"Confession Bear meme" I actually don't have a Maestroke :/

By which I don't mean to say that the card is bad or that I don't like it (since I think it is definitely the best among the rank 4s), but I just don't/never had one, I just play Papiloperative and Utopia. It's actually quite a shame since I play Six Samurai, considering that they bring out rank 4s in a manner that is just broken.

But, not to interrupt the discussion on him, in short, yes, he is he best rank 4 I've ever seen, with the only competition being Shock Master.

Archived