Legacy of the Crystal Beast (New Xyz Added! Please Comment!)

Darkneptune

My absolute favorite Deck of all time is the Crystal Beast Deck. As anyone who has ever played the deck, we all know that an Epic win involves summoning Rainbow Dragon. However, imagine this...

You have 2 Amber Mammoth in your hand, the recipe youre using right now only involves 2 Amber Mammot in the entire deck. You summon 1 Mammoth, but the opponent had a face down Bottomless trap hole. So now your mammoth is out of game. You dont worry because you have another one. But when you summon it, they use a second Bottomless... so now both of your Mammoth are banished, which means you cant summon Rainbow Dragon unless you can bring Amber Mammoth back. That's where this little guy comes in!

[img]http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/536055_4589132640598_1934828393_n.jpg[/img]

2 Equal Level "Crystal Beast" Monsters
Once per turn you can Detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to activate 1of the following effects:
*Place 1 "Crystal Beast" Monster from your deck in your Spell/Trap Card Zone, face-up as a Continuous Spell Card.
*Special Summon 1 "Crystal Beast" Monster from your deck.
If this face-up card is destroyed while it is in a Monster Card Zone, you can place it face-up in your Spell/Trap Card Zone as a Continuous Spell Card, instead of sending it to the Graveyard.

This Xyz monster is a legit Crystal beast. which means he counts as 1 of the 7 Crystals required for the summoning of Rainbow Dragon. I chose the wolf just because i like wolves. However the crystal i chose has a purpose. His gem is a special type of quartz known as Rainbow Quartz. If at any moment 1 of the crystals is missing, he can adapt to cover the color of the missing crystal beast.

He is also a different kind of Xyz. He can be summoned with 2 lv 3 Crystals or 2 lv4 Crystals, which makes him an easy summon. He has low ATK and DEF just like the other Crystals, but his effects allow you to bring out the rest of the beasts.

Since i couldnt find an image that fit exactly what i wanted, i found the wolf and the quartz crystal online and then added photoshop effects to both to make it look as close to the actual cards as possible. Sadly since we still dont have an Xyz option in our card maker i had to use another site. This image is impotant to me please leave comments! Thank you!

EDIT:

Heres some Crystal Beast Spell Support! Just some things that might help out at a random tricky situation!

[img]http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/184457_4574185506929_2078988599_n.jpg[/img][img]http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/16534_4574184746910_169581282_n.jpg[/img][img]http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/538625_4574185066918_1935924103_n.jpg[/img]

EDIT: A friend asked me to make another Crystal Beast Monster, so i gave it a shot. The image was made just like Quartz Wolf, but i wasnt able to find a bettr representation of the animal i chose, so its not that good.

[img]http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/58243_4589060598797_1381399529_n.jpg[/img]
2 level 3 “Crystal Beast” Monsters
Once per turn you can Detach 1 Xyz material from this card to Select 1 face-up “Crystal Beast” Monster on the field. Until the End Phase the selected Monster gains 800 ATK and if it Destroys an opponent’s Monster by battle, you can Draw 1 Card. If this face-up Card is Destroyed while it is in a Monster Card Zone you can place it face-up in your Spell/Trap Card Zone as a Continuous Spell card instead of Sending it to the Graveyard.

To be honest; I know nothing about XYZ monsters, but I think I know how they work. The summoning seems easily to do, and the effect is good although you might want to limit the Level of the monster this card can Special Summon. If not, then you could Summon a Level 10 monster easily. So I would say like "Special Summon 1 Level 5 or lower "Crystal Beast" monster from your deck." You don't have to change it, but it's a suggestion. Good card though. I like the picture.

Actually Crystal Beast monsters are only levels 3 and 4. Ill introduce you to them

Ruby Carbuncle – lv3
Amethyst Cat – lv3
Emerald Turtle – lv3
Amber Mammoth – lv4
Cobalt Eagle – lv4
Topaz Tiger – lv4
Sapphire Pegasus – lv4

There are 7 crystals, and when they all leave the deck they can use their powers to summon the mighty Rainbow Dragon! But there has to be 7 differently named Crystal Beasts, what why I made Quartz Wolf, to help speed up the process!

Also, thank you, I made that image almost from scratch. The only pieces I had were the actual wolf and the quartz, which were found online. Everything else I made myself. that image means a lot to me as a graphic designer.

Thank you, and yes I am super happy with how the image effects turned out.

And yes, Rainbow Dragon is worth it. He’s level 10, LIGHT Dragon. ATK/4000 DEF/0
They made his DEF 0 to balance out his effects.

First, the turn after he is summoned, during any players turn, you can send Crystal Beasts in your monster zone to the graveyard to have Rainbow dragon gain 1000 ATK for each monster sent, Permanently.

Plus, you can make a combo with crystal blessing to send the crystals to your spell zone, then Crystal Promise send them to the monster zone, you can use the effect again to give him even more power.

His second effect is that you can banish all Crystal Beasts in your grave to return all cards on the field to their owners decks. A total field wipe. Im not a big fan of this effect, since I don’t play well with removed crystals, but its still pretty strong. The crystal beasts were my favorite set of all time.

It's actually not so bad. It definitely gives crystal beasts some more muscle, and the flavor is pretty nice, I'd say. The art is great, and the effect complements the archetype well. In most cases, extra deck monsters paying for themselves via cards from the deck is poor design (see wind-up carrier zenmaity and hieratic dragon king of atum), but in this case it's not so bad because Crystal Beasts are such an under-supported archetype anyways. My only bone to pick with it is that its materials clause is really weird... I'd personally just make it a gosh darn rank 4 and be done with it, then allow you to choose which effect you acquire from the detach.

Edit: Just saw the other support cards that you made. Alright, let's give them a go:

1. The Crystal Heart is pretty much worthless, as it is a -3 for little benefit. I don't think they would run this, ever.
2. Crystal Mind is kinda 'eh'. I you wanted to SS a certain card, why not just grab that one instead of going minus with a mediocre spell card? Maybe you could do something like: "Target 1 'Crustal Beast' monster in your spell/trap zones; special summon that target.". Now that card is most certainly useful.
3. Crystal Soul is probably just what they need; a reliable way to get crystal beasts on the field to start beating down your opponent. It's pretty cool, and I like it. Also, dem combos with carbuncle. 8D
4. It's not so bad. Being a +0 Xyz that can become a 25 is pretty nice, although I'd usually rather go for other extra deck options due to the fact that the boost is temporary.

Thank you so much for your thoughts, i really like it when people leave me comments.

The reason i made Quartz Wolf that way was becase i wanted to make an Xyz that worked differently from the rest of them. Although your idea is great too, I might end up changing it on the long run.

The spell were made for those circumstancial little episodes in which you wish you could instantly create a card to get you out of a tight spot.

The dolphin was for a little bit of other options, just so i wouldnt let Wolf be alone in te extra deck, though personally i prefer wolf than dolphin. Still you do get an extra draw if you destroy something, not to mention you could choose to boost a monter that has already been boosted. (Like Topaz Tigers +400 boost when he attacks, equipped with +800 from crystal release and +800 from dolphin)

Still youre right about both monsters, thank you so much for your opinions :D

I will be searching for a better dolphin picture, the others were even lamer that that one. Also to Sora, Crystal Promise is a Normal Spell Card that Special Summons 1 of the Crystals in the Spell Zone. The creators went way ahead of us on that one :D

Dolphin does the same thing every other Crytal Beast does, he waits in his crystallized form until he is reborn! bwahahaha!!

All Crystal Beasts become crystals (continuous spells) when they are destroyed (unless i choose to send them to the grave.) There is an amazing number of cards that take effects while they are in the Spell zone. Draw, destruction, extra summoning, among others. Their field spell has 5 effects depending on the number of crystals in the spell zone, which are damage reduction, spell/trap negation, draw and special summoning!

Some people use the crystals to summon powerful monsters like Hamon, Lord of striking thunder, or Dragon Queen of tragic endings, which both require 3 continuous spells cards to be in play.

UPDATE!!!!

I changed Quartz Wolfs effect, now he can activate either of the effects, regardless of Xyz material.

AND!

I removed the Dolphin and replaced him with Diamond Fox. I added another girl to the team, but kept the effect and draw plus power. They are both Legit Crystals so they count for the Rainbow Dragon Summoning clause

PLUS!!

Im going to make a Chaos Xyz Change Spell just for them, to evolve them into another form, just like the protagotists have in the anime. I wont take it overboard though, im going to keep it with the originality of the anime :D woohoo!!

Archived