Please review my first chapter and rate it...I'm going to appreciate it :D
and it's really fun making stuffs like this :DD

Chapter 1[spoiler='First Encounter']

I opened my sleepy eyes after hearing a familiar sound of wind slashing up through my ears. The eerie sound of mechanical blades beating up the cold air and the smell of salt water lingered around me as I steadily firmed up my sight to the direction of the morning light, which was passing through my eyelids. As my gaze ended up in a wide blue ocean, a sudden shock startled my heart. Even though it really looked like it, I blinked again my eyes just to reassure myself that we were really flying above it.[i] Is it the Arctic or the Pacific?[/i] I asked myself. No matter what the answer was, I really didn't care at first for my whole body ached like hell and I couldn't move any muscle. And the next question that popped out off my head was,[i] Where am I?[/i]

A noisy minute of thinking had passed and an explanation appeared. Though my eyes were a little blurry, the weird tingling sensation of my stomach wherever I am at a high place triggered and the deafening sound of blades rotating fast above were enough to inform me that I was in a helicopter.

But, [i]why am I in a helicopter?[/i]

My lips formed a frown involuntarily. The reason was, I didn't know it myself. The only reason that I could think of was this day will be the[i] last[/i] day of my life.

You heard that right. This day might be the gloomiest day in my life where in a distance, I could hear the sounds of bells jingling for the sound of my body being ripped into two. You were like thinking that I was exaggerating my death but it's still considered as a way of being killed though. Killed for a crime that I'd never committed, that is.

"I followed your case, Kid," The soldier in front of me said. I raised my head up to face him and I caught his stare. His dark eyes were like literally glued onto me, full of disgust. "You'd done a really, terrible thing."

After those words were spoken, I looked down to my feet. My eyes were watery, like it's started crying on its own. My heart and mind were full of mixed emotions: regret, fear, anxiety and plenty of other emotions that I couldn't describe at all. Then, I was really trying to control those feelings alone but, getting involved in a crime committed by others and I was the one paying the compensation was like...I couldn't describe the word but it was freaking ridiculous!!!

I wanted to jump off from this helicopter down to the deep blue ocean, if that's the only way to escape the death waiting for me wherever they're taking me to. Wait, there's two soldiers armed with guns in front of me and the helicopter was crowded with [i]real [/i]prisoners. Attempting to escape here was a useless trick.

[i]Why are you still trying to escape if you're in the dead end, huh? Are you afraid to die? You don't have to be afraid because you're not the real criminal after all. You're just being suspected since they don't have anyone to suspect to. We've been brothers for years, Yusuke, and I really know you. You're such a good boy and you lived your teenage years just like everyone did. [/i]

[i]"What are you trying to tell me?" [/i]

[i]I'm trying to tell you that you don't have to worry to die. Dying is easy, depending on how you die. But, Yusuke-san, what type of death penalty did they give you, huh?[/i]

[i]"I don't know and It doesn't matter now."[/i]

[i]Oh, so you're the type of a guy who doesn't care even they kill you without a freaking solid reason? If I was a real person then, I'd killed you many times now.[/i]

[i]"You did know that I tried all my best to win the case, no, I mean, we all tried our very best to win..but.."[/i]

[i]That rapist guy, Shidou Murasaki, is the real suspect, right? It's just that he has the advantage. His parents are all politicians, they have the powers and they are really rich. Oh, poor me and poor Yusuke. It seems that It'll be our last day on this earth but somehow, it feels so good since I'm just your inner self and I never die, but you're actually going to die, Yusuke-san. Because you know, I'm actually tired of your sh*t.[/i]

[i]"You don't really make sense at all, jerk. I have no parents and relatives at all so I got to live by myself, alone. But I lived my life up to the fullest. I have many friends that are really worried about me whenever I am in doubts and in problems. I even got a girlfriend that really loves me for who I am so I'm contented that even in my last days, I got to enjoy this short life of mine."[/i]

[i]You're still talking about that Mikuru girl, aren't you? Isn't she the reason that you got into this mess?[/i]

[i]"Just shut the heck up. She will never do that to me and I know that. I would never suspect her. But for the meantime, even in the last minute, I have to prove that I'm not guilty."[/i]

[i]Oh, about that? But the only way to prove yourself innocent is to pay it with your precious life though.[/i]

My eyes were soaked wet, my chest felt tightened like It was going to explode. [i]Damn it! Damn it! If I can only turn up this situation into my favor. [/i]I closed my eyes, enduring all these feelings and pain striking me at once, for it was the last fight that an innocent person must fight and survive[i]. [/i]

I wiped all the tears in my eyes using my both arms and I fixed myself up. The thing I had to worry about now was what type of execution they'll use to end my very life. Are they going to use an electric chair? Or by lethal injection? Are they going to cut my head and label it as "The Rapist" and will dance around like homophobic seals? And if yes, is it by an ax or by guillotine or they'll just simply hang me up? Just thinking those methods just sent some weird sensations around my heart.

For the second time, I looked up again to the guy infront of me, the soldier in this camouflage suit. His eyes were still glued on me, like he was planning to do something unexpected.

[i]Staring game, huh? You want to play it, little soldier-guy? But I'm telling you that Yusuke used to play this game with Mikuru and just after five second, she'll have this weird unexpected nosebleed and will run around like a Sadako wearing some yoga pants during her period. [/i]

My inner self butted in. I clasped my both hands.[i] "Get lost, you're not being helpful!" [/i]

The reflection of my inner self cursing me disappeared inside my mind like stardust blown by a sudden wind. I just rolled my eyes and let out a deep sigh.

I turned to my left, and saw a guy with thick brown beard covering his whole chin. His body was buff and full of muscles, like those of a wrestler would normally have. He wore the same gray long sleeved polo like me, with the number 10 printed on the right side of its arm. Prison number maybe? I got the number 7 but I didn't know what's the meaning of that. His nose was long and pointy, with brown mustache running above his upper lips. His short military-cut hair was darker than his beard, and weird scratches were visible on his cheeks. Even though he's asleep, he looked rude and merciless, like a fierce lion hiding on a tall grass, waiting for its unfortunate victim.

I closed my eyes, ignoring him. It's really imaginable what he might do to me if I got his sleep disturbed. It'll be like he'll clench his fist and snap my neck like a twig if that happens.

My eyes were heavy, dizziness conquering my head. And it's just a matter of time that I gathered my thoughts and fell into my deep slumber, for the second time.

"Hey kid, wake up! We are already here."

I felt this rough hand, continuously shaking my left shoulder. I opened my eyes and saw a huge black figure infront of me who's supposed to be that muscle guy awhile ago. I flinched off.

"The heck!" I scowled. "Don't scare me like that!"

He glared at me with those scary blue eyes, blazing like hell. [i]Did I make him angry? Is he going to kill me or something? [/i]I got a bad feeling about this. But if he's going to snap my neck like a twig right now, then I didn't have to suffer later thinking how will I die. But the problem was: I'm not ready.

I nuzzled my forehead and managed to stand up inside the helicopter's cabin. "Where are we?"

He ignored me and went outside. I followed him but it took a lot of effort since it's hard to move inside. As I stepped outside the huge flying vehicle, my right foot landed on a wrong platform and I stumbled down into the metal pavement with a loud thud. Pain suddenly hurried inside my foot as I let out a short not-so-manly scream.

"Oww!"

I raised up my head and saw unfamiliar faces staring at me. [i]Humiliated before I die? Good! [/i]I avoided their eyes and started standing up, but a sudden electricity passed through my right foot which sent me falling back to the grounds.[i] Oh, man. This is not good.[/i]

After a loud thud was heard and pain accumulating in my body, all of them didn't resisted the urge and they laughed simultaneously. My cheeks were totally red and my eyes getting watery. I was never been embarrassed like this before. [i]If I can only disappear right now on this very moment.[/i]

"Are you alright, kid?"

I raised up my head and saw the muscle guy awhile ago kneeling beside me. What does he think he's doing? He's just ignoring me a while ago and now, he's being cool.

"Y-yes." I said as I avoided those eyes of him.

"Are you still worried that you're going to die?"

I looked at him again, little bit shocked. [i]Duh, like there's someone out there who's not afraid to die. But does it matter if I tell it to you? [/i]I still wanted to live, that's the matter of fact. But if this would be really my dead end, even for the last time, I wanted to see Mikuru and bid goodbye.

I just simply nodded.

He just sighed and he started grabbing my arm and I would have flinched in an instant if he didn't speak.

"Let me help you," He said with tone of calmness on his voice, which was weird for a brute-looking man. "There's no time for crying."

He managed to help me stand up, ignoring all of the insults the other inmates were throwing at us. I started feeling okay and I didn't know why. Maybe because he reminded me of someone? He seems to be a nice person if you look into his heart and attitude and not by the looks and physical features alone. He might be one of those 'kawaii' guys from his adolescence, since he really looks cool if you want to ask me.

"Where are we, Mister?" I asked as soon as I maintained my balance.

"It seems that they brought us into an island." He answered but it took him five seconds to respond.

"An island?"

He nodded.

I raised an eyebrow.[i] An Island? [/i]I looked at my surroundings. It's really an island, a [i]huge [/i]island with tall trees dotting up almost every parts of it. The blue waves were splashing against the rocky shores behind us continuously, and the smell of the salt water lingering around makes you feel enlightened. In front of us, there's a huge gathering of the prisoners, maybe a hundred, facing a 20-foot tall and 45-foot long silver gate made up of steel with both of its sides buried in bigger rocks. On the middle of it, just in the part where the gate should open, DON'T ENTER, GOVERNMENT PROPERTY was painted in bold red paint. Ten soldiers with rifles on their hands were guarding it, with their backs leaning against the flat walls.

"But I thought they're going to take us into a secret underground facility and, " I searched for the right word. "we're getting toasted."

"So now you know that you're wrong?"

"No, it's only ridiculous. Are they just going to shoot us inside of that gate and leave our dead body as food for the animals?"

He smirked which looked frightening. "You're too noisy for a teenager."

"I'm sorry, Mister." My face started to gloom.

I heard a deep sigh. "I'm Masaki Yakamura." said the muscle guy beside me.

I turned to him. Why he's telling his name all of a sudden? Is it just he's trying to comfort me because he felt pity? No, it didn't look like it. Maybe he's trying to get along with his fellow inmates before he die? I didn't have any exact guess but---Wait, Masaki? I thought I heard that name before.

"Thanks awhile ago, Masaki-san." I held out my right hand to him. "I'm Yusuke Ishikara."

He looked to my hand and back to me. His brute face wearing a smile just sent my spine trembling.

"You don't have to thank me." He said.

"Okay."

"But why are you here?" asked Masaki.

I took back my hand and raised an eyebrow. [i]That question again? [/i]But normally, I would answer with a big 'NO' since I didn't really know the real answer to that one. But the only thing that was clear in my mind was I'd been declared as guilty of a crime that I'd never committed.

"I followed your case and you seem to be innocent." He said which sent me blushing. "But I'm wondering why you have to be executed, death penalty is too heavy for a minor crime."

I just felt happy that time when he told me that he thinks I'm innocent but, that's the problem. Many people believed in me and supported me until the end but justice didn't prevail. It's just the influence of money and power that won that case, which really annoyed me. Although I can still stand and face the fight, there's something inside my heart telling me to just give up, surrender and let them have my head.

A minute of awkward silence passed between of us before he talked again.

"So, you're innocent after all." He said, putting his right arm around my shoulders. "Your face and actions tell it all."

My lips formed a warm smile on its own. "Really?" I asked.

"I never lie, kid. To prove it, do you remember the Kibahara incident? I'm the one who did that if there's an instance you didn't know."

[i]Kibahara incident? [/i]I remembered that accident that had been covered in the news last month. It's about the brutal murder done near the Kibahara Station where the killer randomly picked three people on the spot and decapitated them in an instant with a katana. When the police arrived to arrest the criminal, he was seen playing with one of the severed heads. I wanted to continue the story but imagining what happened when he played the head just make my stomach go wild.

So his name did reminded me of him, the infamous murderer "Yakamura Masaki".

"So you are that...killer?" I stuttered, fear blanketing me. My forehead started to perspire which left some of my black hair strands sticking against it. Masaki-san was a little dumbfounded seeing me shivering in fear. He let out a deep sigh.

"Are you afraid of me?" He asked. I almost nodded but I stopped at the middle. Staying silent and collected would be the best actions to take in this kind of situation. He took off his arm around my shoulder and he studied my face for awhile with those scary eyes, which could make me piss my grey pants anytime.

After studying my face after four seconds or less, he took out a very annoying laugh from his smelly mouth, leaving me confused. "So you're afraid of me after all, little kid. I thought you would have your balls straightened up and punch me straight to my face and run like a immature teenage boy, but you didn't! But don't worry little kid, I won't bite you."

I snapped. "You're too idiotic for a killer! Who would behead three people simultaneously without any sense of guilt? This is not even a video game at all!"

He looked at me with his face unreadable.[i] Oh man, what the heck did I say?! Did I just called him an idiot? If I did, then...is he going to kill me now? [/i]I looked at him but, then, it somehow felt weird. He wasn't angry, his expression was different. His face was blank, which informed me he's depressed. [i]But why?[/i]

"That's what all of you might think of me, Yusuke," He said as he walked towards the other inmates. "But I would never do such an unforgivable sin. I might have done that but,[i] It wasn't me.[/i]"

I watched him as he disappeared in the thick crowd. He might look like that scary but I know he's a good person, that's for sure. He might even have a reason why did he do that, which I hoped he really did have. I looked behind me, staring at the wide sky. "[i]We will meet again, Mikuru."[/i] I murmured as I joined up with the other inmates, ignoring the pain in my right foot.

As long as I got to join with the other inmates, I bumped against someone. I heard a soft groan but in the same split second, I thought I felt something soft and squishy. I followed that and I caught myself staring at a chest, which has 'them'!

"Are they breasts?" I murmured as I brought up my eyes observing it.

[i]Slap![/i]

A soft palm which belonged to a girl slapped my right cheek which sent me screaming.

"Pervert!" A brown-haired girl scowled, her red eyes glaring at me. If it's just my instinct, I thought her eyes were telling me this: [i]I'm going to crack up your nuts! [/i]She raised up her right hand, clenched, which sent me shaking.

"It's not like that, miss!" I raised up my hand to calm her. If this commotion got heard, these prisoners will have an anime cute girl-shouting-pervert-to-not-a-pervert guy scene infront of them and I didn't want that to happen.

But it's too late. The commotion attracted almost all of the inmates around. [i]Damn! [/i]I tried to walk away quietly but the brown-haired girl caught the sleeve of my polo.

"Are you going to turn your back from me without any sorry, pervert?" She growled. Her red eyes blazing with anger.

"Okay, I'm sorry! Now let go off me!" I sounded like a kid trying to get away but it was the least that I can do to avoid attracting more audience. I looked to the sleeve she's holding to and she flinched. She took back her hand blushing.

"It's not yet enough, pervert!" She grumbled. "If it isn't only my last day and there's no soldiers around, I could've killed you already!"

My eyes widened because of that. [i]She could've killed me? Are you joking me, you're just a girl! Yes, a girl, a harmless girl! [/i]A sudden clarity struck my head from out of nowhere. [i]Wait, a girl?! [/i]

"Wait, you're a girl?" I asked her with my eyes studying her.

Her face started to become redder. "Are you stupid or just blind?!"

I just stayed in silence.

"Oh." She hissed. She studied me for a second and the blushing on her face was changed by an annoying expression. "You're wondering why there's a girl here, huh?"

"Yeah." I answered.

I admitted this one huge mistake, that I responded to her question.

"All of us here are the same, we are all murderers." She placed her hand onto her hips, her pink lips forming a murderous smirk. "That's why I'm here b'cause I killed people just like everyone here did. But the weird thing is---"

"The weird thing is, I enjoyed it!" She let out a short devilish laugh, her eyes blazing, and her fingers wriggling."The feeling of ending a life is exhilarating!"

This girl was probably my age, maybe a couple of inches shorter and a whole lot more athletic-looking . With her fair skin and curly brown hair, she was almost exactly what I thought a stereotypical 'tsundere' girl would look like, except her attitude ruined the image.

Correction: She's more likely a yandere girl.

"Hey, pervert!" She pointed to me. "I guess you got sentenced because you raped many girls, aren't you? But that's too predictable for a guy who just harassed a girl off-guard anyway. But you're getting killed later, so it serves you right!"

So technically, this cute girl is a killer. But I didn't understand why would a girl murder someone? Can she brought herself in doing those things? I thought she's just a typical teenage girl but the way she acted, that changed my expectation. She's only a psycho girl who turns on herself just by killing people.

"Hello my precious inmates!"

Our heads moved on their own and followed where that voice came from. The huge gate opened, revealing two military truck and a humvee driving towards us. Since the gate was opened, I was expecting another huge mechanized prison walls where they are going to execute us but instead, a thick forest filled with tall trees was there, with huge chain of mountains visible from the distance.

The vehicles stopped infront of the crowd. After that, soldiers in camouflage suits jumped outside the trucks and gathered around the humvee, with M16s on their hands.

"Welcome my prisoners!" A voice inside the humvee said. [i]It's a fat guy[/i], I guessed since the voice was low and not-so-sexy.

The right door swung open, revealing (my guess was right) a fat guy uniformed in a general suit: the usual camouflage suit, the badges pinned in the left side and a brown 'Obey' cap on his head, covering his short brown hair. The soldiers around him formed a two line, one on the fat's left side and one on the other. They took a deep breath and saluted him, where he saluted back. He didn't look any significant for a general. For me, he's like one of those fat-obsessed otakus who loves to eat pizza and fantasized to their idols. But nothing personal.

"It's your execution day, remember?" He said as he took out a cellphone, probably the first iPhone and dialed something. "Wait a minute, guys." He murmured as he talked to the phone.

A minute passed and the call ended.

"Okay, let's get started. I'm General Carlson Monroe." He started, turning to us. "So this day is a special day for everyone, am I right?"

Everyone grumbled as they felt offended by that statement. Some prisoners shouted some swearing words but they stopped when the soldiers raised their guns. I turned to my right and the pyscho girl was already gone. [i]Good riddance.[/i]

"So I'm wrong." He nuzzled his hand at his right cheek, with his eyes closed, smiling like a freak. [i]A fat guy portraying a cat and he thinks he's kawaii?[/i] Ugh, don't make me puke. He stopped nuzzling and opened his round grey eyes. "But all of you are getting killed inside so that doesn't matter."

As he finished talking those words, one of us snapped out of furiosity and ran towards him with both hands clenched.

"You damn ba*****d!" He screamed as he leapt into the air. But before he landed to the fat general, loud gunshots were heard for about three seconds, which sent all of the prisoners including me lying into the ground.

My heart started to beat fast, my head got stung by the loud noise created by the gunshots. [i]Am I dead? [/i]I questioned to myself. I ran my hands across my body and I found no wounds in it. [i]So they didn't shoot us.[/i] I looked back again to the general and his face was dripping with blood.

"Oh my---" He said as he took out a blue handkerchief from his pocket and started wiping the blood out from his chubby face. "Sarah will get angry with me again. But it's already tainted by a blood of a lowlife so it's already useless. Tsk, I have to buy again a new handkerchief."

General Monroe kneeled down, poking a dead body on the ground with his index finger wrapped by the blue handkerchief he used awhile ago.

"You're pathetic..." He cracked up his head for something. He turned to a soldier near him and asked, "What's the name of this guy, again?"

"Kousaka Mibuwohiro, 37 years old, sir!" The soldier answered confidently

"Stupid trash." He hissed which happened that I heard. Kousaka's body was there, lying on the metal pavement, which sent shivers into my spine. This was the second time that I saw a dead body in person. I looked back to the general who's busy poking the body with his finger. [i]Is he a General or a Devil?[/i]

[i]"Help me, Yusuke-kun! Help me!" [/i]A familiar female voice screaming inside my head turned my ears deaf. I turned around if someone else heard the screaming but they were all busy watching the fat guy playing a corpse. The screaming repeated again but with more emphasis and intensity, like it was the last time that she can do that.

I contemplated. [i]A girl asking for help? Akiko? [/i]No, it's not her. She's already dead and it's all my fault why she died.

The screaming voice stopped eventually.

I turned back to the General and he's still busy poking to that poor man's body. [i]Why is he doing that? Why? And for all the other people on this planet, why do we have to kill each other? Is it for money? For fame? For satisfaction? Damn that, I'm tired of this s***! [/i]My eyes started to blur with anger. [i]Is it that easy to throw a life of a person just like that? Are they going to murder us like they did to that guy? [/i]The flame of furiosity inside me bursted. I couldn't stand this madness anymore.

"General Monroe, please stop that or else--" I raised up, my eyes blazing with anger. "I'm going to break your fat neck!"

He heard it of course, the word 'fat' was just enough to attract his attention. He turned to me with a raised eyebrow.

"Oh, Yusuke-kun!" He exclaimed. [i]He knew my name, but how? [/i]He raised up, reaching for his gun from his belt. "The kid who raped her girlfriend's bestfriend and brutally killed her after, isn't it?"

My blood started boiling. I clenched my fist and gritted my teeth. I didn't know what happened but my sight went black. The next thing that I knew was I attacked him, which turned out bad. A loud gunshot was heard.

I opened my eyes and saw the fat guy pointing at me with his revolver, with the end smoking. [i]Did I get shot? [/i]I backed off, searching my body for a hole.

"Don't worry." He said as he put the revolver back to his belt. "I didn't shoot you. The game won't be exciting if there are lesser players playing it than the required number."

I raised an eyebrow.

"You mentioned 'game', didn't you?" I asked as I put down both of my hands. The prisoners behind me raised up from the pavement.

"Okay," He took a deep sigh. "All of you won't get killed today but rather, you're going to play a wonderful game."

[i]What the---? We're going to play a game? Is it a joke? [/i]I looked at General Monroe. This guy surely knows his stuffs, making us play a game and sh*t. But he mentioned that we won't get killed today if we play this game. [i]What does that mean?[/i]

"We have decided to cancel all execution for today so you can play this game seriously." He added. "The game is called 'Dead Island'."

"Why the heck we're playing a game?!" One of the prisoners asked.

"If you want to escape the death penalty, you don't have any choice but to play this game." General Monroe raised his right hand with its index and middle finger forming a V. "I'm giving you two good reasons why this game is worth playing to: first, if you play this game and you survived, we are willing to dismiss all the cases filed onto you. Second, by playing this game, you can change your own fate and destiny."

"How do we play this 'Dead Island' game?" Another prisoner asked.

"How to play this game?" He answered. "It's simple. You just have to survive in this island for a year."

Everyone was surprised, including me. My eyes could've lock if I didn't shrug off my head. [i]We just have to survive in this island for one year? Is it for real? [/i]I read a lot of books about survival and I played a lot of DayZ and WarZ games so It might be easy for me to play this game.

"There are no rules," He added. "You can use any means necessary to survive, even if you have to [i]kill [/i]someone[i].[/i]"

Everyone exchanged looks, examining the capacity of each other. General Monroe clapped his hands which attracted all of the attentions to him.

"Another important information. This island is located in the middle of Pacific Ocean. That's why it might suffer a lot of storms every month, " He said. "and since it's near in the equatorial line, the sea's temperature is just fair enough to become a sanctuary for many fishes out there. And especially, for [i]sharks.[/i]"

"What's the point of telling us that?" asked by a prisoner in my left.

"To discourage any escape plans you have there!" He exclaimed. "There are no plans that work in this island. The only way out is to finish this game."

He's right. He just made any escape plans out there that involves with those travelling through the sea worthless. So this fat guy was not dumb at all. He knew exactly what he's doing.

"It doesn't make any sense." A familiar voice stated, which belonged to Masaki. "As far as I know, you need to inform the government first before doing this kind of joke."

"You don't need to worry about. This game is one-hundred percent legal." One of the soldiers handed the General a piece of paper. "If you don't still believe me, you can read this and satisfy yourself."

He showed us the piece of paper. I couldn't make out the words printed on it but I knew it was something like a document or a contract.

"One-hundred and twenty one countries agreed and signed this form." He took back the paper away from our sight. "We [i]do [/i]have the reason why we organized this game. You're lucky to take a part on it because this game might save our world."

[i]This game might save our world?[/i]

He raised his left hand and pointed it straight into the deep forest.

"So we will start the game in ten seconds. After that, run as fast as you can straight into this forest and try your very best to survive." He smiled. "Another thing is, you have to pay more attention if you meet another player approaching you. See to it that he's alive and whole. If it's dead, then you're unfortunately will be [i]doomed.[/i]"

[i]If it's dead, then you're unfortunately will be doomed? [/i]Who would be that one, Slendy?

"Is it all clear?" He asked. Everybody seemed to be confused first. If this sounded too ridiculous for you, just stop reading because I kinda felt the same way. But all of us didn't have any choice but to participate on it after all. [i]What [/i][i]could[/i][i] possibly go wrong?[/i]

"So ccc-come on!!"

A loud yell was heard. Five guys behind me with these annoying faces and mohawks started going in to the gate while singing One Direction's What Makes you Beautiful. After that homophobic performance of them, we all gathered in to the gate, waiting for the game's signal.

"Ten!!" General Monroe shouted using a megaphone. "My folks, just get all your a** ready!!"

"I'm going to survive this game, pervert."

[i](Nine!!)[/i]

I turned around and saw that annoying girl again staring at me. She looked very competitive but I won't lose to her either.

"And if we met inside this island, I'll make it sure that I'll get you killed." She said with a tone of excitement on her voice.

I remembered General Monroe saying [i]"There are no rules. You can use any means necessary to survive, even if you have to kill someone" ,[/i]but does killing just for entertainment count? I don't think so.

I smiled back which made her flinch. "That will never happen."

I focused my mind. This game isn't the virtual ones, [i]it's the reality. [/i]If I die here, I die for sure. I took a deep breath and I closed my eyes. I'm not playing this game for myself alone, I'm playing and betting my life on this game for my loved ones. I'll survive this game and we'll be reunited back again.

"Three!!" General Monroe continued.

[i]For My friends who assisted me...[/i]

"Two!!"

[i]For Mikuru who loves me until the end...[/i]

"One!!"

[i]And lastly, for Akiko who thinks that I'm too annoying for her bestfriend...[/i]

I picked up on my running pace, facing the dark forest. The other prisoners did the same thing and started gathering momentum. General Monroe brought out his revolver and he pointed it into the sky.

"Let's do this."

NEXT CHAPTER: Survival Tactics

[spoiler='Author's Note'] It's really hard to compose this chapter for me. I forgot something but I'm going to put it into the next chapter....The last part of this chapter was a little bit rushed so it didn't turn out well but I hope you like it.

[spoiler='Characters introduced in this chapter:']
7# Yusuke Ishikara
10# Masaki Yakamura
Shidou Murasaki(generic character)
39# Kousaka Mibuwohiro(dead)
General Carlson Monroe

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]
[url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/294913-dead-island-pg-13/#entry6111821"]Chapter 2[/url]
[url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/294913-dead-island-pg-13/#entry6118824"]Chapter 3[/url]

[quote name='Hatcher' timestamp='1356822766' post='6105452']
Is this based on the video game of the same name?
[/quote]Nope..I never heard of that except this one :D....wait, there's a 'Dead Island' video game? o.O...btw, the original title that I made for this story was 'I will Survive' but I just laughed my ass out....so that's why I changed the title into 'Dead Island'

edit: Is this going to be banned because its title, unfortunately, is unoriginal one? I wanted to change the name because I want an original title but I already like this...What I'm going to do then?

Updating the second chapter:

Chapter 2[spoiler='Survival Tactics']

BAAAANNNG!!

A loud gunshot blared the tensed air, as the prisoners sprinted straight to the dark forest. I hesitated to move a muscle but Gen. Monroe cursed me like he's going to castrate my scared-y balls if I didn't leave. First, I looked to what direction the other players were heading to and after that, I headed to the opposite way. I was still aware that they were convicted murderers, so as long as I stay away from them, I'm safe.

Without looking back, I sprinted straight into the forest. The woods were dark and covered with thick mosses, with bugs popping in and out of view. Players running from the distance were screaming their lungs out, celebrating their short freedom.[i] There's no turning back now. [/i]

My first day survival tactics were these: Find a weapon, search for food and water, and locate any viable place to take shelter in before the night falls. Food, water and shelter made a lot of sense since it's the basic things you must have in order to survive but finding a weapon wasn't my plan. It's just what my gaming instincts were telling me.

[i]I have only few hours to do these things before it gets dark.[/i]

It was a hot, sticky afternoon and I could feel my sweat trickling down my cheeks. After a few minutes of non-stop running, I reached the middle of the maze-like forest, with the center shining in mystic lights. My eyes were sparkling, simply amazed by the mysterious glowing of the leaves. The chirping sounds of birds resting above the trees sounded good to my ears, like they're singing hymns of gratitude for the wonderful weather.

Wait, the weather wasn't beautiful at all, it'd even annoyed me.

The wind was blowing against me as I kept on running. [i]I have to survive this hell, I have to survive this hell! [/i]My thoughts kept on telling me. The loud screaming of the players died slowly as I pushed further into the depths. I'd never ran for a long period of time, but the fear and the game were like boosting my energy, my capacity, urging me to do these crazy things on my own. I'd never thought that I could ran for 20 minutes non-stop, without fainting on the process. For simpler words, I beat my own record.

But this sudden blast of energy didn't last for long when great fatigue hit my body. My mouth felt dried inside, my feet shivering like they were made up of jelly. My vision started to blur like they were fish scales around my eyes. [i]"Water, I need water," [/i]My body pleaded. I felt dehydrated so I stopped on the middle of the thick forest, searching for any source of water.

I found a little creek that gurgled over some pebbles, just near where I stopped. The sound of trickling water was mischievous and weird but I just ignored it completely. As I scooped down the clear water with my hands, my tears flowed down.

"Why do I have to play this game?" I grumbled as I sipped the water on my hand. The water seemed to wake up my senses, as if I'd just had a gallon of a hot-brewed cappuccino. I gulped down the last drip and I ended up kneeling down, my head over the creek, sipping like a dog.

Then I heard a sound that sent a chill up my spine, a soft crispy sound of leaves being stepped on, somewhere close by. I stayed away from the creek and raised up my arms instinctively; I had the feeling someone was stalking me.

[i]There was no way someone would actually attack me without any reason, would they?[/i]

On the other side of the creek, the underbrush exploded. Another player came out of the dark, begging for water.

"Water, I need water!" He managed to say before he stumbled down into the ground filled with leaves.

Being the good guy, I didn't hesitate to help a person in need. As I reached the other side of the creek, he raised his head unconsciously and his beady black eyes met mine. He studied me for awhile, which made me raise an eyebrow, and he got startled like he just saw a ghost.

"Please don't kill me!" He begged as he tried to crawl away from me. "Don't kill me, please, I'm friendly!"

"No," I followed him as he nearly reached the way he came. "I won't kill you."

"Please, don't kill me!" He screamed, like begging his life to be pardoned. "I won't bother you anymore just please, don't kill me!"

I stopped following him eventually. The guy was really afraid of me like I was a sort of a monster going to eat him alive. [i]Am I that scary? [/i]I asked myself.

"Believe me, I'm not going to harm you or anything--" I said, trying to make my voice calmer as ever. "I heard you begging for water so I followed you."

He turned his head to me.

"There's a creek nearby." I said. "You can drink on that. It's safe."

I sounded like an endorser and I felt weird. The guy in these gray clothes started to pick up his stance slowly. I approached him but he didn't care. He managed to stand but he lose again his balance, his body heading towards again back to the ground. I caught him mid-air but he was kinda too heavy for me.

"Thank you but," He murmured. "..You can just leave me here. I can't walk and my body hurts too much."

I just closed my eyes. "Don't worry, I'll carry you."

I managed to brought him into the creek but it took a lot of my willpower. He was drinking like a dog, gulping all the water that he could drink. I just sat down under a huge tree, watching him from behind, thinking if I could trust him or not.

"The water tastes so good!" He said as he submerged again his mouth under the clear water.

"What's your name, mister?" I finally asked.

He raised up his head, looking at me with those speculating eyes. "Why do you want to know my name?"

"So I can trust you." I answered boldly, trying to make my face look serious. "We are all prisoners here. In other words: We are all murderers. And I can't trust someone who I just met."

He took out a smirk and turned away from me. "I don't know what you're talking about, but you just helped me awhile ago and that's enough for me to know that you trust me."

I was confused at first but why did he know that? My lips formed a smile involuntarily. Did I save him only to have a company? Do I still believe that all of them aren't all bad? I clenched my fist, wondering if I need someone to survive.

"Just call me Shouta." He said, staying away from the creek. His black hair was wet, water trickling down to his wrinkled cheeks. He looked like a middle-aged man.

I looked at him, my doubts disappearing. "Shouta-san, my name is Yusuke."

He cracked up his back and turned to me. "Okay, are you staying with me?"

I looked down but he offered me his right hand. "I'm not going to do weird things so you can trust me like how I trust you." He said.

"Okay, count me on!" I grabbed his hand without any fear and he helped me to stand up.

From the horizon, the sun started to fade behind those tall mountains, making the sky red-orange in color. The forest were quiet, the singing of birds were gone. The wind blowing a colder breeze and the crickets making this weird [i]kerek-kerek-kerek[/i] sound started to begin. It's almost night.

"We have to find a place to sleep for the rest of the night." said Shouta.

I nodded. We continued running further into the depths of the dark forest together as we left the lone creek behind. The forest started to become weirder and weirder as we pass through it. It looked like it holds a deep secret that we shouldn't know. Or rather, humankind shouldn't know.

After we reached the end, a white windowless house the size of a bus greeted us. It was full of cobwebs and dirt like it was abandoned for years by the owners.

"A house?!" Shouta exclaimed as he approached the house.

A house in a middle of an inhabitable place?...My brain acted in a split-second. I knew this kind of trick before. In online games, most likely for RPGs, traps were often scattered everywhere to lure another player out and when someone---

"No, don't get near. It can be dangerous." I alarmed him, pulling his right hand towards me. "It might be a trap from other players."

"Okay, you're right." He said as he backed off away from it. "I'm just excited that---."

Suddenly, an arrow whizzed Shouta's left arm and he stumbled down into the ground like a log. Fresh blood was trickling down from the wound as he screamed a painful shriek. I tried to locate where the arrow came from but I started to notice that I'm too exposed. [i]I'm an easy target.[/i]

"Who's there?!" I shouted my voice off. "Don't shoot us, we aren't harmful!"

At the right side of the forest infront of me, a familiar person came out, carrying a rusty crossbow.

"We met again, pervert," The annoying brown-haired girl hissed. Her scary red eyes staring at me, blazing like a fire from hell. "Now, like I promised, I'm going to kill you."

Next Chapter: The Forbidden Secret
[spoiler='Note']
Whew...this chapter is too short but we have a new character: Shouta! #35
Please comment or review this one or whatsoever...I will really appreciate it!
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Updating:

[spoiler='Chapter 3']

The atmosphere tensed. My heart skipped a bit when Shouta let out another loud scream full of agony and pain. There's a fresh blood trickling down from the wound, with the arrow pierced through his left arm. The brown-haired girl was pointing her crossbow at me, ready to unleash its sharp bolt straight to my skull.

"Are you okay, Shouta-san?" I asked as I knelt beside him. "Shouta-san!"

"Freaking no!" He answered back. "It hurts a lot!"

"Just hold it for a minute, Shouta-san and don't touch the arrow or you might hit a vital part." I looked back to her, my eyes blazing with anger. "I have to finish this unfinished business with our guest here."

"....."

And as fast as a blink of an eye, he grabbed the arrow and pulled it out from his wound. He took out another ear-shattering shriek as a pint of fresh blood poured down, but with a little force. [i]What the heck he was thinking--[/i]

"Aaaaaaaackk!"

He wriggled like a worm down on the ground, screaming out his heart off. I ripped a portion of my sleeve and covered his wound immediately. Warm blood oozed down into my palms, the wet sensation I felt whenever I pressed the cloth against his arm kinda tickled me. He screamed again as I started to wrap up his wound gently.

[i]I don't have any idea what I am doing...[/i]

"Don't move a lot." I managed to say as I finished tying up the cloth around his arm. "It might stop the bleeding but we'll never know if it can still protect your wound from getting infected."

He moaned like a dog as he stayed still, his face perspiring a lot. Now back to the girl. After I managed to calm Shouta, I stood up, facing a demon. I clenched my fist out of anger. [i]This girl crossed the line already, so it's time to get serious.[/i]

"Why did you do that?" I said, trying to hide the fear inside me. "He's not of your business!"

She adjusted her crossbow, the tip of the arrow was nicely aimed to me. I swallowed my fear and tried to maintain my coolness, waiting for her to make the first move. I was definitely sure she's going to aim for my head but I doubted she can hit a bulls-eye though: Her arms were shaking.

"You two looked like the same from the distance," She answered, her right eye on the hollow tube near the handle, which I assumed was a telescopic sight. "..both ugly and disgusting."

I raised an eyebrow. Her eyes turned into devil mode again, blazing with fire of murderous intent. [i]She promised that she's going to kill me if we met once again but why did she have to shoot someone? [/i]I flashed my mind, thinking for a possible reason. [i]There's something wrong here, [/i]My senses told me. She was staring at me, her index finger itching to hit the trigger.

"It looks like you found yourself a team mate here in this crazy island, huh? Surviving alone in this island is really difficult so having a partner is the best choice to pick," She added, flexing her neck. "But the guy you found anyway is another wimp. Two wimps are worse than---"

"You were aiming at me!" I snapped. "But you didn't know how to use a crossbow, so there's a possibility that you missed me and hit Shouta instead."

Her cheeks reddened, her lips forming a pout. "Why did you say so?"

"Only my deduction skills. Look at your arms, they are shaking." I took out a mean smirk, trying to look like a detective. "I read a lot of things such as how to use a simple gun. Instances are, you couldn't kill a person or you're not really experienced on holding those stuffs."

"Shut up already!" She blurted out, shaking her head. "I know how to use one and I can kill you!"

A plan popped out off my head. I have to snatch the crossbow away from her first and after that, I'll deal her with my strength alone. This plan has a high percent success rate though any second counted is crucial and every move has to be flawless or it'll be my dead end. This time, my gaming skills have to take my agility, speed and especially, my timing into the next level.

"Prove it." I said, trying to invoke her.

"You're asking for it." She muttered as she hit the trigger, making a bright spark around the shaft of the arrow as it left the flight groove. I jumped into my left side, dodging the first round. As I floated in mid-air, the arrow whizzed above me, making a swooshing sound, which slashed off a little portion of my right cheek. I landed with my feet on the hard ground, blood started to trickle down my wound. I survived that attack but she didn't stop on reloading another bolt.

[i]This is what I was waiting for--[/i]

I picked a round stone under my feet and leapt towards her. She grabbed an arrow from a holster slung into her back while trying to back away from me. She moved gracefully yet it's a little bit late. I already launched the stone, whizzing its way towards her forehead. Bam! The stone hit her, leaving a red mark on her forehead. She got stunned but it didn't stopped me on withdrawing. I grabbed her shoulder and pushed her into the ground. We got knocked down together and I locked her limbs using mine, like what the wrestlers usually do.

"You're defeated." I said while catching up my breath. "It's over."

"Let me go!" She pleaded as she struggled against my body. "Let me go!"

I looked at her eyes. "I'm letting you go if---"

She suddenly stopped from struggling, her face turning to red. "if you let me f*** you." She added, her eyes started to sparkle off because of tears flowing down. She was actually crying.

"All guys like you think of the same, aren't you?" She started muttering, her eyes daring to tick up my exposure. "You're going to rape me here, right? That's why I hate men. They are disgusting creatures that do nothing but talk about s**. I couldn't even stand their smell for a second."

"I don't give a f*** if you hate guys but---"

"Do you want to know why I hate guys?" She asked, the struggling was gone, totally surrendering to me.

"I want to know." I looked at her eyes and simply nodded. I would really want to know why she despised men, that murdering me was just like a simple thing for her.

She closed her eyes, "My parents died when I was 13. I cried a lot until my eyes ached but the sorrow inside my heart won't disappear, it was even increasing day by day. My little sister was too young for her age to truly accept that but she encouraged me, trying to make the atmosphere happy as long as she can. Our relatives adopted us so we still go to school normally. And when she grew up enough to understand such complicated things, I didn't expect that she was able to fully grasped the truth that we will never see our parents anymore. She's a strong girl, gifted with love and strong determination, continuing to live her glorious life as a teenager. She told me she's going to be a singer, her eyes flickering in gold whenever she smiles. I'm proud that I have a sister like her. I [i]love[/i] her."

"And what happened?"

"I decided to go home with her after school. I waited for her near the gate for a very long time but she never came. My senses kept on telling me there's something suspicious so I eventually decided to follow her on her classroom..." She gasped on a little air. Her eyes started to cry even more, her breathing became heavier. "and her classmates were raping her like an animal!"

My eyes widened, surprised to what've just heard. A nice girl, carrying a huge potential to succeed on this life, ended up being screwed by a group of monkeys. [i]That would be really tough for her. [/i]She shrugged off her head, her eyes were red because of the tears flowing out endlessly. I kinda felt sorry for her.

"At that time, I was totally furious but I couldn't help myself. I was stunned, my body won't move. I felt like a motionless object floating inside a room full of nasty objects. But I thought if I was on that kind situation, my sister would definitely save me." She stopped, her eyes returning to its original form: demon-form. "She helped me on everything, she changed my point of view in life, she filled the empty void in my heart with her love...She changed me as a new person! So it was the time to return those favors back."

I gasped, anticipating to what would she say.

"I killed them for deluding my sister. And up for now, she's on a trauma, wondering if her future would be still clear on her sight." She ended, her voice flickering like fire. The intensity in her eyes were murderous, giving me shivers up to my spine. "I told you my story, are you happy now?"

"I felt sorry for her but---" I grabbed her crossbow from her arms. "I'm taking this one."

"Why won't you just kill me here?" She asked. "If you killed me now, you won't have any problems again."

I took her crossbow and the black holster on her back which was carrying 16 more additional arrows. I thought stealing from someone would be that sinful but, in this game, you won't make out alive without doing this kind of thing. After I got what I wanted, I let go off her.

"You're not going to kill me?" She uttered.

I slung the holster in my back and hanged up the crossbow in my shoulder. "You need to survive in this island, your little sister's definitely waiting for you to come home. And I'm not a killer so take note of that before you judge me."

She was dumbfounded but her face was definitely blushing. I approached Shouta who was busy trying to resist the pain accumulating on his left arm.

"Shouta-san, can you stand up?" I knelt, rubbing up his back. "if you can, please do so since I need to bring you inside that house."

"Are you crazy or not?" The girl asked as she stood up from the ground, caressing the big red mark on her forehead. "That's house is dangerous, it's full of zo--"

I turned to her. "Zo?"

"Zo...Zo...Zo..whatever!" She took out a bottle filled with water. "Since it's my fault your friend is injured, you can have this. Wash his wound later to avoid infection but the most important thing is: don't open that door unless you want to die."

She threw the bottle and I caught it in mid-air. When I turned back to her, she's already walking away straight into the path where she came from, her long brown hair swaying.

"What's your name?" My mouth involuntarily asked. [i]A gamer mannerisms. [/i]She stopped, her figure made a curve shape between her polo.

"It's none of your b---uhm, I mean, just call me 'Akari'."

"I'm Yusuke, nice to meet you."

"I'm not aski--No! I would like to say..." She blushed. "Yusuke-kun, we will meet again sometime."

She smiled as she disappeared behind those bushes. I smiled, gripping the bottle harder. Akari wasn't that scary, she's just worried about her little sister.

[i]She kinda reminded me of Mikuru.[/i]

[i]*******************************[/i]

We avoided that house, as what Akari ordered us, leaving me no choice but to wander again inside that mischievous forest, with Shouta clinging on my shoulders. The bleeding on his arm stopped but it still looked horrible. After a hour of searching for a place to sleep for the night, I found a small cave near the base of a mountain. It was occupied though, with a man in shredded shirt, wounds covering his body, eating something suspicious. I brought up my eyes to see it clearer. His eye-sockets bore no eyes, his teeth rotting like a spoiled apple, filled with meat chunks.

[i]Don't tell me it's a zombie![/i]

[spoiler='Author's note'] Since this fanfic didn't work out well, I'm thinking of ending it in chapter 5...but I might change my decision...
[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Archived