The Grand Spellbook Shrine <<Prophecy>>

Synchronized

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/7ugTc.jpg[/IMG]

[quote]Can only be activated by banishing 1 "Spellbook" card from your Graveyard. Once per turn, during your Standby Phase: You can place 1 Spell Counter on this card. Spellcaster-Type monsters you control gain 300 ATK for each Spell Counter on this card. If this card leaves the field: You can banish 1 "Spellbook" card from your hand or Graveyard, and if you do; add 1 "Spellbook" Spell Card from your Deck to your hand.[/quote]

Been trying to get back on the card making grind a bit, so I'm not sure how good this is, or isn't. I still haven't had the chance to play Spellbooks much at all, but I will admit the design for this was inspired by The Grand Spellbook Tower. Basically, it functions as an effective way to give the "Prophecy" monsters some extra power, while at the same time, if it's MST'd, you can search a Spellbook at the same time.

So yeah, I don't think it's broken, but we'll see what you guys have to say.

I quite like it. It complements the archetype well and addresses the big problem that is heavy storm. The boost effect is quite fair. Really, there's nothing wrong with this card, it's just about standard. Maybe some players might choose to run star hall over it, others would like this.

So yeah, not bad really.

archlord sora has pretty much summed up the card really well :) the picture matches the card very well and the effect is really balenced. I also like the fact that there is no limit of spell counters that can be put onto this card, which means the effect is very continuous ratehr than being cut short with 900 atk points(3or 4 is usually the max counters you can put on a card)

i quite like it :)

7.7/ 10

zero0

[quote name='X-ZERO0' timestamp='1356980613' post='6107331']
archlord sora has pretty much summed up the card really well :) the picture matches the card very well and the effect is really balenced. I also like the fact that there is no limit of spell counters that can be put onto this card, which means the effect is very continuous ratehr than being cut short with 900 atk points(3or 4 is usually the max counters you can put on a card)

i quite like it :)

7.7/ 10

zero0
[/quote]

Thanks for the feedback; I don't see a point in limiting the counters since all they do is boost ATK. Once it gets to a point where the card would be damaging to the opponent, the opponent will have to remove it from the field, at which point you're able to grab a 'Spellbook' of your choosing, so it's a win-win. But the fact that it's slow is what makes it balanced.

I do have a "Prophecy" monster in the works, but it's in the very early stages since I'm not exactly skilled when it comes to "Prophecies" and I don't want to stray too far away from the Deck's general theme.

Archived