Magi: Labyrinth of Magic

Aix

It appears that there is no discussion yet on this forum about this manga/anime, so here we are. I quite like this series, I've been following the manga for more than a year and I've recently watched the anime. What do you guys think of it?

[quote name='Chaos Sonic' timestamp='1356960067' post='6107083']
Its opening: V.I.P by SID....awesome!
[/quote]Yeah. I quite like the ending too.

I think Morgiana <3

I don't like that Judal.

I like Nana Mizuki, so I like Hakuei Ren. Actually I like her anyway. BUT, that fart I heard in episode 4 may have just been a chair moving, since I went back and it didn't sound too much like one, but I don't really know. I've so far only really been watching the anime. So yeah, I've been really liking it.

A manga podcast I listen to recommended it so I spend most of the Thanksgiving weekend reading it. Think it took me 3 days to read the whole thing.

I personally love it. Just sucks that I picked it up around the time manga goes on break so I have to wait another week before new chapters start coming on out a regular bases again.

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1357542179' post='6113968']
Yeah, I was afraid I'd fall asleep watching the latest episode this late since that's usually what happens when I watch anime late at night, but it kept me wide awake.
I think Alibaba's my favorite character, just above Sin.
[/quote]

Definitely agree. They did a good job of putting the pressure on Alibaba, carrying the weight of the people on his shoulders as it were.

• 2 months later...

BUMPITY BECAUSE I WATCHITIED.

RUNDOWN GO:

Alibaba is a human. I'm very VERY happy about that. No matter how much he frustrates me sometimes. I can relate to him... perhaps a bit too much for my liking.

Morgiana x Alibaba... has to happen ;~;

Aladdin is absolutely adorable.

Sinbad is cool.

I really feel bad for Hakuryuu but he's also basically Sasuke.

Judar is insane, but I like him a bit... okay, not really, they did a great job of making him the villain.

Kougyoku is the best Tsundere.

And Jafar is TOTALLY bipolar.

I REALLY like the magician's country and the philosophical arguments arising from it. They're great and really make you think. That's something I've only seen in a few anime, such a Ki-ba, and it can really get me interested in what's going on.

When it comes to anime based on alternate worlds using religion and mythology from different parts of the world, I can get hooked pretty easily, and this is no exception. I absolutely love this series.

It's the only series I know of which has ever separated the main protagonists for an extended amount of time, and I found that different. I like different things, I dunno why.

But, didn't Aladdin said that he would never see Alibaba again wayyyyy back? At least in the manga he did, I forget about the anime.

It's the only series I know of which has ever separated the main protagonists for an extended amount of time, and I found that different. I like different things, I dunno why.

You do know One Piece had Luffy by himself for almost 100 chapters right?

But on the note of the different ideology the manga presents the fact that it shows both sides in a relatively fair way is something I really enjoy. This past arc has been especially good in that regard. 

You do know One Piece had Luffy by himself for almost 100 chapters right?

But on the note of the different ideology the manga presents the fact that it shows both sides in a relatively fair way is something I really enjoy. This past arc has been especially good in that regard. 

Don't remember much of One Piece. It's kinda blurry to me, though I still follow it... okay, then... it's the only one where they willingly part ways for many chapters?

Yeah, the past arc was good, I got confused though, because they did it like that, I didn't know which side to cheer for. I'm used to bias in these things.

Don't remember much of One Piece. It's kinda blurry to me, though I still follow it... okay, then... it's the only one where they willingly part ways for many chapters?

Yeah, the past arc was good, I got confused though, because they did it like that, I didn't know which side to cheer for. I'm used to bias in these things.

Well they did end up spending the 2 years apart willingly, but I guess you can say that.

Yea, it was strange. I did enjoy it though.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=578457

Woh, woh, woh, woh... wow, clearly this was planned from the beginning... but planned 25 episodes and then more at a later time? I haven't heard of that before, and the anime has been kinda dropping in quality imo. I doubt the end makes it worth wanting more, I'm gonna need to read the manga sometime soon instead. Though I might just watch more anyway.

My general rule is that its always better to read the manga. After that if you really enjoy it you can then go and watch the anime.

Well, somethings can have a good enough anime to make the reverse happen, but I'm not thinking that's the case with this. That said, I'm still gonna read the manga since it's probably better and I'd like to see how the chapters are not so crammed together.

So they divert the anime from the manga... then they decide to continue following the manga...

This is why I'm not watching episode 25 and got caught up with the manga.

See, when I started reading this it put me off from watching the anime.

Well, somethings can have a good enough anime to make the reverse happen, but I'm not thinking that's the case with this. That said, I'm still gonna read the manga since it's probably better and I'd like to see how the chapters are not so crammed together.

Yea, but even then if the anime gets me into the manga I normally just end up preferring the manga. Happened with most anime I've watched.

Archived