Wisdom of Chaos [single]

Sleepy

[center]Support for this card:[/center]
[center][url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Tainted_Wisdom"]Tainted Wisdom[/url][/center]

[center][img]http://i47.tinypic.com/2463v3r.jpg[/img][/center]
[center][quote=Effect][/center]

[center]"Tainted Wisdom"[/center]
[center]Can be Fusion Summoned by sending the above card you control to the Graveyard when your deck is shuffled. Once per turn: You can equip it to a Fiend-Type monster OR unequip it and Special Summon it in Attack Position. The equipped monster gains this card's ATK and DEF. (A monster can only be equiped with 1 Union Monster at a time. If the equipped monster would be destroyed, destroy this card instead).[/center]

[center][/quote][/center]

[center]EDIT:[/center]
[center][spoiler=Some uses for this card][/center]
[center]"Tour Guide from the Underworld" Special Summons Tainted Wisdom and then shuffles the Deck. Making a 3000 ATK monster that will not be destroyed completely, OR your usual Rank 3 Xyz, OR a Rank 9 with "Galaxy Queen's Light".[/center]

[center]Crash a "Madolche" monster against a stronger one when you have "Tainted Wisdom" out. It'll get your Deck shuffled by the "Madolche" monster's effect.[/center]

[center]Summon your "Tainted Wisdom" and activate "Pot of Avarice", "Transmigration Prophecy", or any searching card like "E- Emergency Call".[/center]

[center]It has Union support, so you can activate "Roll Out!" for maximised fun.[/center]

[center]You can use "Zero Gravity" to make this during either player's turn.[/center]

[center]"Djinn" Xyz Monsters can all get a pretty decent boost from it, and those are all decently splashable.[/center]

[center]You can use "Creature Swap" + "Super Polymerization" for whatever reason.[/center]

[center]Is Summonable by "Dark Fusion" or can use any Fusion Material substitute if you dislike Tainted Wisdom too much. Though those Fusion substitutes don't work if you are Summoning this card by it's own effect.[/center]
[center][/spoiler][/center]

I like the idea of the card :) however i personally think it is slightly over powered. yes you can only equip it to a level 4 or lower fiend type monster, that could have a maximimum of 1900 base atk points add another 3000 onto that thats 4900 for a level 4 card. i reall y like the picture and i like the effect but just personlly think it is slightly oped

7.1 / 10

zero0

[quote name='X-ZERO0' timestamp='1356979346' post='6107316']
I like the idea of the card :) however i personally think it is slightly over powered. yes you can only equip it to a level 4 or lower fiend type monster, that could have a maximimum of 1900 base atk points add another 3000 onto that thats 4900 for a level 4 card. i reall y like the picture and i like the effect but just personlly think it is slightly oped

7.1 / 10

zero0
[/quote]

I'll make a confession: The card "Tour Guide from the Underworld" can pretty much Special Summon this card from the Extra Deck for an instant 4000 ATK monster, which I only realized after making this. xD
Thanks for that review =D

Do you think it'd be good if I lowered it to 2000?

It's kinda bad... Tainted Wisdom is worthless, and I don't think something like this would make it playable. The boost gaining is nice, and it's a decent card by design, but the fact remains that its fusion material is really awkward. If I went for a TGU play, I'd rather make zenmaines than turn TGU into a big beater.

[quote name='Archlord Sora' timestamp='1356983501' post='6107365']
It's kinda bad... Tainted Wisdom is worthless, and I don't think something like this would make it playable. The boost gaining is nice, and it's a decent card by design, but the fact remains that its fusion material is really awkward. If I went for a TGU play, I'd rather make zenmaines than turn TGU into a big beater.
[/quote]

Though there are times when you'd rather do Number 17 for the cheer ATK, in which case this card can outclass it in certain plays.
Not to mention that the only condition for this card to appear is to shuffle your deck in any way. With so much search in the game how hard is that? and it's not something rare at all, how bad would "Tainted Wisdom" still be after this? I know it's bad in a vacuum, but now it can turn into this at any time.

[quote name='Sleepy' timestamp='1356984707' post='6107390']
Though there are times when you'd rather do Number 17 for the cheer ATK, in which case this card can outclass it in certain plays.
Not to mention that the only condition for this card to appear is to shuffle your deck in any way. With so much search in the game how hard is that? and it's not something rare at all, how bad would "Tainted Wisdom" still be after this? I know it's bad in a vacuum, but now it can turn into this at any time.
[/quote]
But is it worth the extra deck space? Is it worth using up a TGU, which is the only decent means of getting it out? Is it worth risking drawing into the bad card? I doubt it.

[quote name='Archlord Sora' timestamp='1356984868' post='6107392']
But is it worth the extra deck space? Is it worth using up a TGU, which is the only decent means of getting it out? Is it worth risking drawing into the bad card? I doubt it.
[/quote]

It's still a better target than Tour Bus much of the time, and although Tour Guide is the best use, it's not dependant on Tour Guide since any searcher will fullfill this Fusion's conditions.
EDIT:
Well, I must admit, it's not gonna be top tier material, but I'm trying to make this a fun choice.

EDITED: Now it supports Fiend-Types regardless of Level/Rank (there really are no broken combos with higher Levels right now sooo....)
Now it can have fun with all Djinn Xyzs.
EDITED 2: Now I made it's Fusion Summoning conditions optional instead of the only way. For random Polymerization/ Dark Fusion/ Super Polymerization combos (for whatever reason)

I.......

Is a Fusion of 1 monster even a thing?

O.o

That aside...I still wouldn't use it, because it's liek the ONE possible use for a card like Tainted Wisdom

Well, one possible GOOD use.

This is made by TW

But if you can summon this with TW's effect....well,. I don't see why you'd be able to or want to

And if you equip this to TW........well, there are better monsters to equip it to. MUCH better monsters.

So rather than supporting it enough for me to want to use it, I'd rather hate this card, because it's pretty good, but it has such a stupid monster as a material x.x

If it has a decent material tho, it'd be a pretty kewl card.

[quote name='Fluttershy401' timestamp='1356985980' post='6107421']
I.......

Is a Fusion of 1 monster even a thing?
[color=blue]Now it is.
Of course, all the NEX monsters and Metamorphosis donot count.[/color]

O.o

That aside...I still wouldn't use it, because it's liek the ONE possible use for a card like Tainted Wisdom

Well, one possible GOOD use.
[color=blue]Tainted Wisdom can be an Xyz Material though, which is another use. Plus, I thought I had allowed enough freedom of usage (written under the card in a spoiler). So no, it's no "one trick pony".[/color]

This is made by TW

But if you can summon this with TW's effect....well,. I don't see why you'd be able to or want to

And if you equip this to TW........well, there are better monsters to equip it to. MUCH better monsters.
[color=blue]You should be making a second copy of this card if you have another Tainted Wisdom out [/obv.] which would let you make a "Dyson Sphere" if 4000 ATK is bad to you.[/color]

So rather than supporting it enough for me to want to use it, I'd rather hate this card, because it's pretty good, but it has such a stupid monster as a material x.x

If it has a decent material tho, it'd be a pretty kewl card.
[/quote]

With the latest trolly update on the card, you can actually use Polymerization with any Fusion substitute if you really don't want to use Tainted Wisdom.

You can also use "Zero Gravity" to Fusion Summon it during your opponent's turn while preventing an attack =P

The point is to support a seemingly bad card, not make already good cards more good xD

DL and Sora, thanks for the reviews xD

[quote name='DeathWielder' timestamp='1356991252' post='6107501']
Is that a picture of living spaggetti?? Lol. I have no complaints about the card except for the weird Fusion condition. Fusing means bringing together 2+ Monsters to create a new one. This card just kills a Monster and shuffles the deck for its summon.

Other than that, no complaints.
[/quote]

It's more like a sort of self-growth. Kind of like the "NEX" Neo Spatians.

Yes, yes it is Spagetti for that matter xD
Thanks for the comment.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived