[Leaderboard] Striker vs Sarah

Nathanael D. Striker

Guest Striker

A nice friendly 1v1 with a friend of mine. Hope you guys enjoy this one.

[spoiler=Contest Rules]

1. First to 3 votes or person with the most votes by 12pm PT on the 5th wins.

2. Winner gets 1 Rep from the loser.

3. Voters must have a valid reason to their votes.

4. I have the right to add rules.

[spoiler=Card Requirements]

Make a Level 5 DARK monster.

[spoiler=Card A]

Oogato the Summoner

DARK

Fiend/Effect

2000/1400

Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must first be Special Summoned by banishing 1 DARK monster from your Graveyard. During your Main Phase 1: You can target 1 monster in your and your opponent's Graveyard; banish those targets, then Special Summon 1 monster from your hand or Deck with a Level equal to or less than the combined Level of the banished monsters. Destroy it during the End Phase. You can only use the effect of "Oogato the Summoner" once per turn.

[spoiler=Card B]

359fl2h.jpg

You can Special Summon this card from your hand by Tributing 1 DARK type monster from your hand. Once per turn you can change this card from Attack Position to Defense Position, if this effect is used the controller of this card must pay 500 Life Points during his/her or Standby Phase. This card cannot be selected as an attack target.

Guest Devil's Advocate

Both are pretty terrible, but they're terrible for different reasons. As stated before, Card A is more broken, searching out monsters and bigger monsters, as already stated, and fuels way for DAD. I mean, it's just so versatile in the fact that you can make Synchro Plays, Xyz plays, Tribute plays, basically anything, for a +1 from the Graveyard. Card B is terrible because of the fact that it's just too dayum slow. 1-4-1 cards exist so you can easily get around this card's effect of not being able to select it as an attack target.

My money's on Card B, but only because I have to choose one or the other from a list of shitty cards.

Archived