[VOTE NOW!] [Leaderboard] Zero vs. Dante

Synchronized

Guest - Zero -

It's been about two years since I've done any sort of competitive contest, but I've done some practicing to get less rusty cause I'm interested in this whole Leaderboard thing. First person to answer the challenge will get it, obviously.

Rules.

1. First to 3 Votes Wins, or contest ends January 6, 2012 at 11:59 PM EST.

2. All Votes must have a Reason(s)

These rules are determined by Desu's Leaderboard standings. Obviously all other YCM rules do apply.

Challenge

I'd rather keep it simple for the first one;

Each person must design 1 Monster Card that DOES NOT support an archetype of any kind. Basically, a generic monster that while it could be played in other Decks, is not direct support for anything.

PM me your card once it's finished and I'll post them both here. Go!

[spoiler=Card A]

mo1Ps.jpg

If you control no Special Summoned monsters: You can Normal Summon this card without Tributing. Once per turn: You can target 1 face-up monster on the field and pay Life Points equal to its original ATK; if you do, destroy it. The effect(s) of Effect Monsters cannot be activated in response to this card's effect. If you control another monster, this card cannot declare an attack.

[spoiler=Card B]

145381.jpg

Guest - Zero -

Alright Dante's got it this time. Just PM me the card once you're all good and I'll try and get them posted up. I've got work in an hour so it might be later tonight that I actually post 'em.

Guest Devil's Advocate

Better luck next time, Sora.

Actually, I might have something in mind for tonight's competition. It says you can do 5 1v1s in a week, so doing one every day sounds like a fair deal.

Guest - Zero -

You need a date where this ends if neither person gets 3 votes.

Oh, my bad. I misread it because I thought it said either or, not both. I'll fix that.

Card sent.

lol Desu's Leaderboard.

Lmao i didn't know what to go with and that seemed easiest, #HateOnIt

Guest - Zero -

Just so you know, it's Striker's Leaderboard not Desu's Leaderboard. A Mod thought it would be funny to switch my username and avi to Desu's.

Oh...well, that would explain that. Lmfao.

Whatever, I'll get around to changing it.

Anyway, cards are up!

I suppose Paladios is a quick monster removal, but the fact that it requires no Special Summoned monsters and eats up your Normal Summon is too much. Maybe if it could be Special Summoned if you controlled no Special Summoned monsters, but otherwise, its not very good. I don't really like it.

Saber is a pretty nice card. It's principle use, I can see, would be in Chaos as it dumps into your Graveyard. I probably really wouldn't use this in another Deck, but I like it better and it has more viability than Paladios.

+1 for Dante.

CARD A Get's my vote.

If you control no Special Summoned monsters: You can Normal Summon this card without Tributing. Once per turn: You can target 1 face-up monster on the field and pay Life Points equal to its original ATK; if you do, destroy it. The effect(s) of Effect Monsters cannot be activated in response to this card's effect. If you control another monster, this card cannot declare an attack.

The parts in "bold" got my vote why in the response to the other card.

145381.jpg

*Please add lore next time*

This card is op'd, E-Hero wild heart to the 10th power, it's nothing can kill it's effect lone not even a monster's effect, nor spell or trap and on top of that it's attack is 1700! Battle is the only why to take it down seemly hope to summon one 19oo beater. -_-

Card A has a decent effect, but it has a larger drawback than necessary. If you choose a monster with high enough ATK points, it may just get you down to 0 LP if used by accident. Plus, with an inability to to attack if any other guys are on the field, then you are leaving yourself in for a dead card space that loses life points, much like Samsara Lotus, only useful.

Having said that, Card B is way to overpowered. Jinzo on steroids is the decent term for this card. However, I like the last bit of the effect, as that can help summon out some other cards from your deck; Chaos Sorcerer leaps to my mind. But, it is too broken in that respect.

I'm voting for Card A; even with massive drawbacks, it is still quite a competitive card. Plus, if you have got other cards, you can do terrible combos with this one.

Wow really 2-2

Okay I give the vote to card B

Reason: WHO IS GOING TO USE CARD A? Not to be mean but there are so many drawbacks that I would rather say its unusable. So many monsters can eat up your normal summon and destroy something and can still attack. I understand that lifepoints mean nothing this format but wow.

As for card B you still wouldn't really use this either except for a deck dedicated to it. The same reason why people think its broken is kinda why its bad. Its 1700 ATK and with no traps you can't really guarantee its survival. Meaning the 18 or 19 beaters (which are vast and numerous actually) will just steam roll over this thing. The reason why Jinzo was deadly was because he had stats to back him up and keep his survival. Outside of lance, Orichalcos, and solidarity I can't think of many ways to make sure this monster would even life long enough to be a really threat. So with all that considered its actually pretty balanced.

Guest - Zero -

I AM VICTORIOUS ONCE AGAIN!

HOORAH!

I honestly feel as if I've been the victim of poor judgment. :|

Congrats brah.

Now that the contest is over I can honestly say your card was better, but broken as hell xD

Guest Devil's Advocate

I don't get why. :( It's extremely susceptible to 1-4-1 destruction and other 1800-1900 beaters. And yeah, it's not really that great, aside from being Machine. And DARK. If you took out the whole Chaos/DAD factor, it wouldn't be nearly as broken as everyone made it out to be.

Guest - Zero -

The problem comes from the fact that the summon isn't negate-able and it completely shuts down all sorts of things. Being Machine does offer some boosts, too. I feel like if you made it so that the Normal Summon could be negated, it'd be perfectly fine. It's just a bit much in one card, imo.

Archived