[Leaderboard] Kyng Vs Striker [Finished: Kyng Wins]

Kyng's Old Account

The Rules:

1 - First to 3 votes wins (each vote with a justified reasoning.)

2 - Both Written and non-Written cards are permitted (however, no vote may be based on a card's image in contrast to a written card.)

3 - Cards are to be PMed to the contest's host in order for mutual establishment of the cards competing.

The Challenge:

To create a card that requires physical interaction between the two duelists for its effect. It must be a general card, in that it cannot support a particular archetype directly (such as listing the Archetype's name/quality (FIRE DEF 200 would be one of theses.) Attributes, Types, Levels/Ranks, etc. are not treated as Archetypes for this contest.

The Cards:

[spoiler=CARD A]

High Five, Low Five

SPELL

[ Quick Play ]

Offer your opponent either a High or Low Five. If your opponent accepts a High Five; both players can Special Summon 1 Level 6 or higher monster (max. level 8 ) from their respective Graveyard during their next turn after this card's activation. If your opponent accepts a Low Five; both players must Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower monster from their respective hands or Decks. If you reveal a Level 5 monster in your hand, your opponent must accept either a High or Low Five.

[spoiler=CARD B]

Activate Arm Strength

Quick-Play

Challenge your opponent to an arm wrestling match. If your opponent refuses the challenge: Destroy 1 card on the field. If your opponent accepts the challenge: Activate 1 of the following effects based on the result:

*If you win; add 1 Level 4 or lower monster from your Graveyard to your hand. It cannot be Summoned the turn you activated this effect.

*If your opponent wins; discard 1 card. It cannot be removed from the Graveyard the turn you activated this effect.

You can only activate 1 "Activate Arm Strength" per turn.

I must say, I don't approve of the arm-wrestling match. While High Five and Low Five merely another way of choosing which effect you want, the arm-wrestling actually depends on things that are not really relevant to the game. I will... go with High Five, Low Five.

Aix pegged it. While I don't necessarily like Card A's effect in itself, and would definitely prefer Card B's effect overall, placing an effect's outcome on another game in which choice isn't an outcome, but rather strength (this is a card game), places the stronger player in the position to decide the outcome. Had Card B used something reasonable, like a Bro-Fist or elbow touching, I would have picked Card B.

In short, likely to sound like the next vote, Card A fulfills the challenge of incorporating physical interaction much more reasonably, so Card A gets my vote.

Just wish these cards had better names xP

Woah, the first cards I actually understand!

But I'm going with the first one, even though the second is kind of creative. But yeah, outside factors that put some people into a no-chance situation from the start.

I prefer the effect of Activate Arm Strength though because from my vague looks into the game, the first one sounds a bit overpowered, no?:<

But still High Five, Low Five for me.

Contest Finished! Thanks for voting!

Final Standings:

Card A (Kyng) - 3 votes

Card B (Striker) - 0 votes

Better luck next time, Striker, but I've taken this one hands down! Good game!

Archived