Apparently Pokemon is EVIL! O:

Dwarven King

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably just a troll trying to get attention by posting this dum thing. But it is a discussing worth having. If you really think so, why do we have cows and pigs? Arn't they not just slaves to use, only there to use for food? We even KILL them! In Pokémon they just get knocked out, which is quite clear. The only exception is the Manga, which I personally think is quite hardcore for a children's franchise, but it was cut out overseas, so I guess they figured that it wasn't something that we should experience. But again, it's Japanese culture, they're probably okay with violence over there.

This is kind of old news that religious people hate Pokemon...and everything kids like...and everything.

Though, I do sort of see her point in the first paragraph about using animals to fight for entertainment being a bad thing.

Then again, I like cockfighting, and would gladly buy a Pokemon game if I could strap blades to Bulbasaur's feet or equip knives to a lobster Pokemon so it can blade-fight with that mantis thing from the first game.

[quote name='Machismo H. Crouton!!!!!' timestamp='1357753810' post='6116317']
This is kind of old news that religious people hate Pokemon...and everything kids like...and everything.

Though, I do sort of see her point in the first paragraph about using animals to fight for entertainment being a bad thing.

Then again, I like cockfighting, and would gladly buy a Pokemon game if I could strap blades to Bulbasaur's feet or equip knives to a lobster Pokemon so it can blade-fight with that mantis thing from the first game.
[/quote]I personally dislike cockfighting. It's dumb and people shouldn't waste their life on it. That said, this is a video game, why does that person complain about fictional stuff when there's very real animal abuse going on in the world?

And the mother is wondering why the kid is being cold to her? Oh, of course she's wondering that because it's always Satan and it couldn't be that her son is embarrassed or getting tired of her stopping him from doing stuff that he finds interesting. No, everything he likes = evil. He should only concentrate on loving God AND NOTHING ELSE.

But seriously, the Bible is full of slavery, violence and abuse too, but I doubt we would hear her complaining about her son reading about violence from the Bible.

This reminds me of when my principal got fired for having The Kite Runner in the curriculum of a private Christian academy.

HOW DARE YOU EXPOSE OUR KIDS TO THE REAL WORLD?!

Or it could be because she was a woman and that was a quick way to get rid of her. Or both.

These arguments always make me laugh. It's a very naive few of the world, I wonder if any of the children who played Pokemon (excluding me) ever turned out like she said? Probably none and those that did had additional reasons for ending so.

It reminds me of the whole Yu-Gi-Oh = Witchcraft thing. Which is another entertaining argument.

[quote name='Suigintou' timestamp='1357758045' post='6116365']
These arguments always make me laugh. It's a very naive few of the world, I wonder if any of the children who played Pokemon (excluding me) ever turned out like she said? Probably none and those that did had additional reasons for ending so.

It reminds me of the whole Yu-Gi-Oh = Witchcraft thing. Which is another entertaining argument.
[/quote]The thing is, why is this a problem? It's just a media! Like books films and music. And all of those things have even worse things in them then "abuse towards "animals"" which they are not, they are creatures with power to make thunder and fire etc., they are most def not animals.

Also, Witchcraft? Why do you let your kids dress up as Witches at halloween then you f***ing hypocrite? (not saying that she would do that, but some probably do)

Either this woman is stupid or this is just somebody making up a story on the internet
If this is true then this is what I have to say:
You've embarrassed you're own child with your highly religious beliefs and you ask oh why is my son being so distant and cold from me. Oh yeah let's blame it on this game about cute fictional animals that use attacks such as water squirting and leaf throwing. Yeah sure that is completely the reason.
Or maybe your son sees that fictional animals using water and leaves to attack each other is just a work of fiction.

I agree with Zaziuma in the retrospect that the person IS a troll (why else would someone put so much effort into a comment that would most likely be flamed upon?).

Second of all, I'm a Christian, and I love Pokemon. I do aknowledge that there are a few nutters out there (really, every single group has an extremist bunch of people, right?), but I tolerate them nonetheless.

"Judging by what I've sen on TV"
Pokemon Battles?!?!
[img]http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/indigo/010/EP10374.jpg[/img]
Pokemon.... Battles?
[img]http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/indigo/028/I306.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/indigo/048/I272.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/indigo/082/I239.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/orange/106/O342.jpg[/img]
Pokemon Battles.

(Yea yea yea, season 1, but that's irrelevant. Not every episode is battle-centric)

I didn't realise that believing in religion meant that you had to fear everything being evil?

That Satan is a persistent bastard isn't he?

The comment that baffled me, because rather than a spoof I can see this being a genuine thing and this mother and people like her really exist (I've seen worse examples of human stupidity in the news), was 'my son is 11 and ever since I said no he's been playing up. It must be the work of the devil'.

THAT'S WHAT CHILDREN DO WHEN YOU DON'T GIVE THEM THEIR WAY YOU ****ING MORON!!!

I don't follow any religion and wtf is this.

In all seriousness, what. I mean, the woman has a point that [i]parts[/i] of Pokemon focus on slavery and abuse and the like. But theres the opposite side, which is those who work as friends with their pokemon and fight alongside them instead of using them.
This lady needs to see how many times Ash and co kick bad guy ass. Said bad guys abuse their pokemon. Ash and co don't. That's the message of Pokemon, not abuse and stuff.

And it's not evolution, its change. It's showing that, if you try hard enough, you can change things. It's hardly a anti-christian message.

Also if this is actually a true story and not a troll fake tale, this woman shouldn't be allowed to care for her child. I mean, sure, you can be a devout Christian or *insert religion here* and that's absolutely fine. But you have to realize that not everyone follows the same religion as you. Also it's fiction. FICTION. Not. True.

Sometimes, the people in this world make me facepalm. Combo.

I think the only legit queries I've seen on Yahoo Answers were Merciful Idiot's from that crazy killer incident and people posting homework questions.

Anyways, I never understood why people put so much blame on the media for feelings/acts of violence in society.
There's over 20 million people (or something) in the world that play GTA, Call of Duty, Halo, and other "violent" stuff.
Are they all corrupted and acting under their influence?
No.
The ones that are, it's due to a [i]combination[/i] of [i]other factors[/i] that center as the root of their problems. Most likely bad upbringing with their parents, broken homes, low self-esteem and other things that would suggest their eventual crazed behavior.

The guy that killed John Lennon said he got the inspiration to do it from [i]Catcher in the Rye[/i].
Must be the book's fault for turning him into a killer, right?
No, it's the guy's fault for acting like a loony.

When people make Pokemon out to be one of these aggregators, I just laugh.

[quote name='Hatcher' timestamp='1357760576' post='6116393']
[url="http://www.nypost.com/p/news/item_yLiXQvBZbH7rk6UcsN91gL"]http://www.nypost.co...ZbH7rk6UcsN91gL[/url]
[/quote]I love you, Pika.

[quote name='Sarabande' timestamp='1357788978' post='6116934']
In all seriousness, what. I mean, the woman has a point that [i]parts[/i] of Pokemon focus on slavery and abuse and the like. But theres the opposite side, which is those who work as friends with their pokemon and fight alongside them instead of using them.
This lady needs to see how many times Ash and co kick bad guy ass. Said bad guys abuse their pokemon. Ash and co don't. That's the message of Pokemon, not abuse and stuff.
[/quote]That's the key difference. The BAD guys are the ones who abuse and force pokemon to battle. The good guys work with their pokemon to compete with other trainers.

[quote name='Agro' timestamp='1357800992' post='6117078']
That's the key difference. The BAD guys are the ones who abuse and force pokemon to battle. The good guys work with their pokemon to compete with other trainers.
[/quote]
Yet most trainers stand to the side and watch as their pet turtle gets blasted by a fireball.

Archived