What do you think is in the next banlist?

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see Konami thinking that's an issue anymore.

Anyone with half an idea of theory knows that it's an issue at anything more than 1.

This isn't like E-Tele where it's a design point, it's a +1 Reborn that likes being used as a cost/milled/sent to the grave. The only direction that it should go is to 0, but it has no power to do so at this time.

Anyone with half an idea of theory knows that it's an issue at anything more than 1.

This isn't like E-Tele where it's a design point, it's a +1 Reborn that likes being used as a cost/milled/sent to the grave. The only direction that it should go is to 0, but it has no power to do so at this time.

Konami brought BLS back. It's bad design but I highly doubt Konami thinks it will break the game.

Konami brought BLS back. It's bad design but I highly doubt Konami thinks it will break the game.

Thank you for reading what I said in my post.

"This isn't like E-Tele where it's a design point"

Care to fix your reply to actually adress the point, now?

Well fine.

After thinking about it, it's a lot like Spore. Which is also @1. So it'll probably stay where it is.

Though, as I've said, they've made bad decisions before. BLS as an example. As well as Mezuki itself, which was brought back to 2 for a format in 2009 when Plague was still @1.

Forbidden
Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
Inzektor Hornet
Card Destruction

Limited
Atlantean Dragoons
Wind-Up Magician
Evilswarm Ophion

SemiLimited
Blackwing - Gale the Whirlwind
Chaos Sorcerer

Unlimited
Inzektor Dragonfly
Scapegoat

I'm trying to be as brief as possible. I think Fire Fists are good for the game and none of their cards really need limitations except maybe Chicken.

Mezuki at 2 would be bad, but Zombies are still slow as all hell.  The only reliable ways of getting it into the grave are Foolish (which is a -1 to balance the +1), Pyramid Turtle (which has to be destroyed by battle), or Zombie Master (which requires having it in your hand).  So while I think it should be at 0, I can see why Konami might put it to 2.  I doubt Zombies would even rise to tier 2 with that.  Maybe when Chain and Emeral become TCG-legal.

As for Sphere - it's not a problem by itself, seeing as how it's a +0 at best (if the monster you summon destroys another monster).  It's Linde that causes it to generate so much advantage.

If they want to hit Water past Dragoons, then Linde to 1 or 2 would be the best decision.

Though there are certainly other cards that are problematic in themselves.

EDIT: What do people think they're gonna hit as far as machines go?

Can't even imagine how Gadgets are doing so well in the OCG.  I mean... what are they going to do, limit them?  Ban Gigant?  Unless they're Machina builds, in which case they can hit either Gearframe or Fortress (I'd hit Gearframe for basically being Stratos).

Agro, what did I tell you? Stop generalizing the fuck out of everything; that's my job.

OT: Tinplate Goldfish is the least of our worries right now. There are about a hundred things, give or take, that deserve attention first and foremost before Tinplate gets any attention. What's broken about a "-2 from hand" Gear Gigant X?

Agro, what did I tell you? Stop generalizing the fuck out of everything; that's my job.

OT: Tinplate Goldfish is the least of our worries right now. There are about a hundred things, give or take, that deserve attention first and foremost before Tinplate gets any attention. What's broken about a "-2 from hand" Gear Gigant X?

Technically, Goldfish into Gigant is a +0.

From a design point of view, I can see Warning's flaws. The most common big plays are obviously Extra Deck Monsters, which are semi-nomi in nature, which means they are gone forever once you hit them with Warning. It negates anything Summon-related, from cards that Special Summon, to Normal/Tribute Summons, and ranging all stat values without a natural hole to get around it. It's also a Counter, so whenever it activates, it's final. Very rarely does someone respond to it.

I mean it's more efficient when getting rid of the threat, but your opponent mostly has to accept it without the possibility of the cool combacks like chaining the bottomlessed monster for Enemy Controller's cost or Book of Moon to save it. 

Do I think it should be hit right now? No. With the current state of the game it is absolutely needed, and from what I see in the upcoming packs, the creep will just go up.

Let's see...

I believe everyone agrees that Dragoons should go to 1 at least, but If WATER decks need another hit, I can see Linde or Sphere being limited/semi'd. Magician to 1 will fix any Wind-Up related problem. Gadgets deserve no hit at all. I don't think they will touch Geargia, but I'd prefer a hit on Accel if they do. Rabbit should really go to 1, but there's the Evilswar issue, so I'm not sure if they'll do it. This might be the format when Dark Worlds FINALLY get list attention, and if that's the case, Snoww will probably be the card to hit. I think HEROs are fine as they are, but Konami might think otherwise. Tenki won't go to a number lower than 2, and I don't think they'll hit Fire Fists in any other way. And alt. win conditions won't be hit like in the bazillionth format in a row. Then they'll probably unlimit some previously limited/semi'd cards, but I'm too lazy to take a random guess.

Archived