What do you think is in the next banlist?

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, it isn't remotely close to "fake" banlist season.

Well we're less than a month away from the banlist being revealed and we'll probably see the fake banlists pop up in like a week and a half.

I'm not exactly sure how long people describe "seasons" as, but I'd say we're within the range. Certainly at least remotely close.

if they even look at the TCG at all, I see mermail taking a hit somewhere, wind ups likely lose their magical hats of magician, cause sharks not that bad really, he just free drops and changes level, he's a tool.. magician being able to trigger on both it's summon and ability is what is broke. the next thing I see possibly getting hit is maybe grapha to 2 so they can't herp a derp otk at any moment, and maybe, maybe, MAYBE acstism of the six samurai cause it auto drops their boss turn one. (not likely, but when samurai get a god hand, they go off like wind ups in how much field flooding they can do.)

Well we're less than a month away from the banlist being revealed and we'll probably see the fake banlists pop up in like a week and a half.

I'm not exactly sure how long people describe "seasons" as, but I'd say we're within the range. Certainly at least remotely close.

Yeah I'm sure we'll see a fake list(s) pop up around this time next week or next weekend, but I think we'd see a banlist topic pop up here eventually.

I also don't know how long people describe "seasons" as either, though I reckon "period" would be more accurate.

Banned:

Arguably broken 1-of staple in a few problem decks

Themed card that had it coming for a while

Quickly banned broken card that Konami well-realized they fucked up on

A "The power creep isn't that bad, we swear!" card.

Limited:

Random broken card that'll certainly become a staple

The searcher of a popular archetype instead of the actual problem card

A card that didn't have it coming that was banned solely to promote a new archetype or two

Overpowered archetype card that Konami doesn't want to kill outright for the sake or profit

Semi-Limited

Themed card that had being banned coming for a while but is so irrelevant at the time that it won't affect the format at all

Limited card that shouldn't have been limited in the first place

Baby steps towards fixing a huge problem

Book of Moon/Mystical Space Typhoon

Unlimited:

Shit nobody cares about from Semi-Limited

Spirit Reaper to 1. This format it's incredible hard to get over and once one is gone it's often even more difficult to deal with another, plus you can sit behind 2 then Xyz whenever you wish.

What are you talking about? It's incredibly easy to deal with. Destruction is adored in the format, and those that don't run destruction generally have stuff like Forbidden Lance to just nuke it.

What are you talking about? It's incredibly easy to deal with. Destruction is adored in the format, and those that don't run destruction generally have stuff like Forbidden Lance to just nuke it.

Destruction is adored but yet pretty much every meta Deck except Atlanteans and Agents plays very little destruction, plus using a Lance on it is still wasting a turn as well as wasting a Lance.

Well what they SHOULD do is ban Envoy, as well as ban solemn warning and black horn for good measure. Why you ask? Well Envoy is overpowered as all hell, is a walking otk if you use honest, and lets be honest the only reason it was brought back was to sell more of the gold series packs.

Solemn Warning as well as Black Horn (which I realize isn't widely used) are both cards whose summon negation puts them as far too powerful with little to no ways of countering. Black Horn has no cost, and solemn warning is far too flexible with too little of a cost, and when you can just pay 2000 life points to get rid of a quasar, something is definently wrong.

This is especially made true considering the over abundance of staples running around. I've seen top tier meta lose to decks running gen 1 monsters just by getting trap spammed to death. Hell it's gotten to the point where I can't even care about new cards being released because really what's the point when you're just gonna get hit with  a thousand traps? I know I'm not the only one too.

As for the rest of the staples. I say cut the number clean in half. Put Bottomless and Torrential at one. Take out the Heavy, but keep the Dark Hole since honestly you guys would complain if they did both.

^above Do you WANT this game to go to stupid levels? We NEED warning and BTH in order to control the spread of OTKs and to make people think "Do i really want to make that move?", especially now that power creep is going out the fucking wazoo. And heavy is a necessary evil considering how laggia + set 4 = gg

Archived