The Enlightened Sorcerers: A COMPLETELY New Spellcaster-type Deck of Complete Devestation

magemeek22

A Brief Overview: The Enlightened Sorcerers!

Before I even begin showing you this custom-made archetype, I want to make one thing clear: This Deck is like none you've ever seen before. It doesn't use Spell Counters, it doesn't summon Dark Magician, it doesn't use Spellbooks, it doesn't use Fortune Ladies - none of that here. What it DOES use, however, is a unique tactic that I like to call "Defense Abilities." Essentially, when any monster is switched from face-up Attack Position to face-up Defense Position, their effect activates, allowing the controller to destroy, damage, and control the field. I admit that other cards do use this tactic to some extent, but upsofar there has been no Deck to use the strategy like my "Enlightened Sorcerers" Deck. As you look through the cards, I hope you pick up on some of the key strategies, and even if you don't, I have a quick "Cheat-sheet" at the end that'll sum up all the cards and their powers.

So, without further ado...

Meet the Cards: The Enlightened Sorcerers

The Apprentice (Every Archetype Needs One):

Apprentice Sorcerer:

BSU6Rbp.jpg

The Level 4 Sorcerers (the staples):

Sorcerer Acrymnon:

Sgc6BTm.jpg

Sorcerer Esperion:

lhIaOYX.jpg

Sorcerer Fleur:

MhZb7Rf.jpg

Sorcerer Fuchsia:

VSgFcNE.jpg

Sorcerer Myraia:

I78dBNm.jpg

The Level 6 Sorcerers (The Creator, the Protector, and the Destroyer):

Creator Sorcerer Ryzia:

6FBxjip.jpg

Protector Sorcerer Aieza:

6phmZlJ.jpg

Destroyer Sorcerer Eradicatum:

r69ucuI.jpg

The Level 4 XYZ Sorcerers (The Elite Sorcerers):

Elite Sorcerer of Summoning:

178842.jpg

Elite Sorcerer of Incantation:

178837.jpg

Elite Sorcerer of Power:

178847.jpg

The Level 8 Fusion Sorcerers (The Legendary Sorcerers):

Legendary Sorcerer of Sanctity:

rnc5Ywr.jpg

[spoiler='Lore']"Enlightened Sorcerer Boulder" + "Enlightened Sorcerer Glimmer"
Must first be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by shuffling the above cards you control into the Deck. (You do not use "Polymerization".) When a "Sorcerer" monster is changed from face-up Attack Position to face-up Defense Position, target 1 card your opponent controls: It cannot be used while it is on the field.[/spoiler]

Legendary Sorcerer of the Apocalypse:

iOCTRTW.jpg

[spoiler='Lore']Must first be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by shuffling the above cards you control into the Deck. (You do not use "Polymerization".) When a "Sorcerer" monster is changed from face-up Attack Position to face-up Defense Position, target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls: Inflict damage to your opponent equal to its ATK and gain life points equal to its ATK.[/spoiler]

Legendary Sorcerer of Cryoflame:

dxpbYG3.jpg

[spoiler='Lore']"Enlightened Sorcerer Pyromion" + "Enlightened Sorcerer Frostum"
Must first be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by shuffling the above cards you control into the Deck. (You do not use "Polymerization".) When a "Sorcerer" monster is changed from face-up Attack Position to face-up Defense Position, inflict 900 points of damage to your opponent and return 1 card from the field to its controller's hand. If that card was a monster, inflict damage to your opponent equal to its ATK.[/spoiler]

Legendary Sorcerer of Permafrost:

t5o5tli.jpg

[spoiler='Lore']"Enlightened Sorcerer Boulder" + "Enlightened Sorcerer Frostum"
Must first be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by shuffling the above cards you control into the Deck. (You do not use "Polymerization".) When a "Sorcerer" monster is changed from face-up Attack Position to face-up Defense Position, target 1 empty Spell/Trap card or monster zone on your opponent's side of the field. As long as this card is face-up, all zones targeted by this card's effect cannot be used.[/spoiler]

So now we're done with the monsters, but i guarantee you're wondering how you can make the Fusion monsters. After all, the Fusion Materials don't exactly exist, right? WRONG. Here are the Spell cards that make this Deck feasible, the cards that bring everything together and actually inflict damage to your opponent!

The Equip Spell Cards (The Staffs of Enlightenment):

Staff of Enlightenment: Boulder:

LPBpKlg.jpg

Staff of Enlightenment: Pyre:

djc0uab.jpg

Staff of Enlightenment: Froste:

GQOcOY8.jpg

Staff of Enlightenment: Glimmer:

YnuRZVb.jpg

Staff of Enlightenment: Zephyr:

UMVwZFI.jpg

Staff of Ignorance: Bliss

PAaKZLc.jpg

The Field Spell:

Enlightened Sanctuary:

A5nOOoW.jpg 

The Purpose of this Deck (Strategy, Plays, and More):

So this Deck isn't, as you can tell, the most complex Deck of all time, but it is quirky. There are many complicated plays that can be made, especially due to the "Defense Abilities" of the various monsters. As you can tell, the main goal is to inflict effect damage and, most importantly, limit your opponent's field. Instead of focusing on destruction and banishing like other DARK monsters, the Sorcerers in this Deck have a primary goal of rendering the opponent's cards useless and preventing them from filling up/using a majority of their field. The Sorcerers are all defensive for the most part and have no ATK, meaning that the only way to win the duel is through effect damage, and fortunately, the field spell and "Staff of Enlightenment" cards allow for the player to "dish the hurt."

In order to make the complexity of this Deck clearer, I have devised this table to sum up the various monsters' abilities and the multitude of "Defense Ability" modifiers/spells. Just take a look:

12131036.png

12131051.png

12131056.png

12131058.png

Archived