Code Geass: Black Knights [IC/PG-13/Started/Accepting]

Aix

"This can't be happening!"

Maria's Dermal Armor began to vibrate, deflecting many of the blows and shots being fired at her.  Unfortunately, her armor was rapidly breaking apart itself.  Maria knew she was in deep trouble when a slash harken took off a large plate of Dermal Armor with it as it clipped her knightmare.  Maria thought of the other frame with her (which seemed oddly familiar for some reason), and hoped that it was better prepared to deal with this than she was.

The Vincent's control panel read "DA: 34%".  Maria needed to escape.  The two frames had progressed pretty deeply into the room; going back would be suicide for Maria.  Going forward, however....

"I can't fight here!"  Maria said, opening a communication line to the other pilot,  "I'm going into the next room!"

As she said that, the rest of the Dermal Armor detached itself from the Vincent's body.  Before most of it hit the ground, the knightmare dashed forward.  Most of the frames were off to the sides, though there were a few that blocked her path.  Approaching one unfinished behemoth, Maria shifted the Acceleration Drive's vector upward, towards the ceiling.  The machine somersaulted in the air and landed upside down on the ceiling.

"Alright."

With the landspinners now on the ceiling, Maria had only a few moments before she would start falling again.  To stop that from happening, Maria used the Acceleration Drive again.  And again.  And again.  Her knightmare blazed forward along the ceiling, leaving noticable treadmarks and dents in the locations she travelled along.  Once near the door, she pointed the Drive's vector back downward, rotating herself in the air once again, and slid through the doorway, allowing her to take cover along the wall next to it.  She used this reprieve to draw her rifle, and waited a few moments for the Silvam Venator to come through.

Arcturus ran back to his Knightmare as soon as he heard the gears in the machines start whuring to life. The moment that he got back into the cockpit the semi completed Knightmares began jumping off from their holdings and began targeting their weapons as they prepared to fire.

"Well this is an unfortunate twist." Arcturus heard the other Knightmare pilot tell him how she was going to move to the other side of the room to get out of the line of fire however he never responded. As the bullets were flying toward him Arcturus began making the minor adjustments to the position of the Knightmare, dodging most of the bullets and causing a few to ricochet to some of the other mechanized Knightmares.

Arcturus flipped on his com system and spoke to Maria. "Any time you want to fire let me know and I will move." As he said this Maria got out her rifle and pointed it right for the massing group of automated Knightmares.

"I suppose now would be that time." The Silvam Venator vaulted into the air with ease and released its bow. While floating the Silvam Venator fired three shots at the three biggest Knightmares and watched as they crumpled to the ground disabled. While Arcturus was watching the handy work he had done one of the automated Knightmares appeared behind him. Arcturus' eyes went wide for a moment.

But that is not possible, their weren't any Knightmares above me when I jumped.

Releasing another arrow from its holding, Arcturus slashed the other Knightmare across the main power core. Just as his arrow landed the Knightmare vanished from sight, it did not use the same technique as the Silvam Venator though. With the Silvam Venator the light around it was manipulated, but it still left a wavy pattern in the air around the Silvam Venator. This Knightmare vanished without a trace.

I must discover what that ability is.

"By your orders."  X.Y. calmly stated as he was ordered to scout ahead.  He left the Azrael running, so as to get back on the move quickly, and made his exit from it.  He had since replaced his visor and grabbed a set of weapons.  The first was a simple standard-issue sidearm, a handgun, and the second was what looked to be a heavy combat knife.  As he made his way forward from the Knightmare frames, he kept the pistol in his left hand and the knife in his right.  Part of the advantage of being genetically engineered was being ambidextrous.  In mere moments he had entered what looked to be a control room.  Neither his senses nor the sensory equipment contained in his visor could detect any traps in the room.

"All clear," he said aloud once he was certain that it was safe.  "Strange, this place is...familiar."  While Kongming and Dante were busy doing, well, whatever they were doing he set about walking about and examining things.  It reminded him so of the room in which the scientists had conducted examinations of him while he was with K.K.'s organization.  Of course that room had been more open and there'd been fewer computers, but the comparison was drawn all the same. 

Of course then his attention was drawn to the exploding computers, and from where he had been standing he moved to where Dante and Kongming were.  He'd been ordered to protect the boy who would be king, in addition to making sure he didn't cause trouble, and had no intention of failing those orders.  "What is your status?"

Something appeared on his radar where Arcturus and Maria are last seen, it appeared to be a multiple Knightmare Frames. "Finally, a welcoming party eh? Be careful Kongming, we still don't know what that woman is up to. I'm gonna help Arcturus and Maria, you take care and don't get yourself killed alright?" Dante said to Kongming as his Aigis accelerated to Arcturus and Maria's place. When Aigis arrived at that place, the duo are under attack of  many knightmare frames, although some of them are unfinished.

"What the ... Hey you both are you guys alright?" asked Dante while Aigis is shooting some enemy with his Hadron Cannon. "Damn, she's this prepared huh ... This is a major pain in the *ss ..." Aigis accelerated and begin to slash some of the knightmare frames. "Uh ... this is a bit ... I hate to say this guys, but we're seriously outnumbered .... we better retreat! You guys get outta here first, I'll buy you some time!" said Dante to Maria and Arcturus.

Kongming had been knocked back by the explosion and was fortunately not too badly hurt, luckily he had taken a step away before the explosion occurred. Getting up, he was rather confused when Dante rushed off in his Knightmare. "I'm fine... and so is Dante, I suppose... shit, they were ready, it seems..." said Kongming. "Dammit, like Arcturus said, there really must be a spy in the Black Knights... but how did they get in?" He sighed, slightly perplexed, but mostly unperturbed, and brushed himself off. "Let's get back, it seems there's something urgent. Maybe the others are in trouble? I'm sure there were more traps than just this..."

Getting back on the Knightmare, he found that the others had all converged at one general area and there seemed to be some solid mass that showed up on the radar. He turned on the radio connection and heard the sounds of battle, the clanking of Knightmares, the clatter of bullets and the clash of close combat. "What's going on?!" he cried into his microphone. It was Kallen who responded, reporting the assault of automated, incomplete Knightmare Frames. "Automated Knightmares... godammit, they won't be lacking in manpower." Kongming grimaced, he revved up his Knightmare and sped off to join the battle.

The automatons seemed, at first, to have the upper hand, in addition to superior numbers, they were each equipped with experimental technology and Kongming viewed a variety of abilities including invisibility, extremely versatile morphing and explosive weapons and just then, an explosion rocked the entire floor as an arrow pierced an automaton, short circuiting it and messing with its missile turret, causing all the bombs to explode. Unfazed by the explosion, a legless, spear wielding Knightmare charged at the group at an almost impossible speed. Two Slash Harkens fired from it's shoulders, aimed at Zero and Kallen, but its spear, enhanced with extreme heat technology, was headed straight towards Maria.

"I wouldn't mind escaping but..."

Dante had the right idea, but Maria was stuck on the other side of the automated frames.  Her only way out was deeper into the base, and that wasn't something she was keen on doing.

"Looks like I'll have to brave the Room of Death," Maria said under her breath.  Dodging a concussive bomb as soon as she entered the room again, she quickly found herself facing down a spear aimed directly at her.  After turning her frame's landspinners a little to the side, Maria triggered the Acceleration Drive once again, dashing off to the side to dodge the automated knightmare.  A few shots from her rifle easily took down her enemy, though due to the cramped quarters, Maria ended up crashing into a nearby wall.

Maria glanced at her dashboard.  Her knightmare was starting to sustain damage; she really couldn't afford to take any more direct hits.  Fortunately, while still outnumbered, the appearance of the others gave Maria the opening she needed to rejoin the group.

"I'm through," Maria said over the comm line.  She had just passed the Silvam Venator's position, but though she's back with the group, she wasn't out of danger yet.  Turning back around, she fired off her Slash Harkens aimed at an armless frame the was firing its harkens at her, slashing it in half.

"I have a clear escape route, now!"

The Silvam Venator moved with the grace of a cat through the morass of automated Knightmares. While everyone else made an attempt at the door Arcturus kept running through the room in search of the Knightmare that had vanished right before his eyes. Drawing his sword, he eliminated any Knightmares that got in his way. Noticing that most everyone who was in the room had gotten back to the exit Arcturus ceased concerning himself with them and took to one of the few pleasures he got in life, fighting.

"The rest of you should leave. I have business here, I will be fine just get out now." As Arcturus made a move to turn the vanishing Knightmare appeared directly in front of him. Got you. Arcturus thought as he brought the blade up towards the torso of the Knightmare. Just as his blade was about to land the Knighmare vanished once more and reappeared behind him.

Oh no you don't, not this time. Spinning Slivam Venator around he lodged the blade inside the Knightmare's armor. Much to Arcturus' surprise the blade did not cut through the Knightmare but rather got stuck only a quarter of the way in. What the hell is this thing made of? No sooner had he finished that thought then both he and the vanishing Knightmare disappeared.  

• 2 weeks later...

X.Y. meant to follow Kongming immediately, but again he was held back by...something.  He couldn't explain it and certainly couldn't understand it.  The only real thing he understood was combat, and that he needed to follow orders.  The thought of one particular order he'd been given, to keep an eye on Kongming and make certain he didn't get up to any funny business with his Geass power (odd choice of words now that he thought about it), banished whatever it was that had kept him in the control room.  He launched himself out the doors and was in his frame shortly thereafter.  Of course the others were since well ahead of him, and it would take him some time to reach the room in which they were.

Despite lacking landspinners, the Azrael had been designed to reach speeds equal to and greater than those of Knightmares with that particular system accounted for.  Of course the trade off was a louder approach, and so it was probable that the others would hear as he entered the fray on foot.  As soon as the room filled with enemies was in sight, he charged like some medieval knight into the heart of the battle with a jump propelling him further into the fray.

One automated Knightmare was unfortunate enough to be caught beneath X.Y.'s dynamic entry, and thus be crushed beneath the metaphorical boots of the Azrael.  Now in the heart of the action, and with the nearest ally safely out of range of his swing as far as his sensors could detect, Y sent his Knightmare spinning with the arcing blade of God Breaker held out so as to bring down as many foes as he could.  Of course whether this would work or not was subject to the intelligence of the A.I. and how one defines working.

"Make your escape, I will cover you," was spoken over the communications link between those present while X.Y. brought the Azrael into a stance which readied him to defend against any incoming attack.

Archived