Ancient Faerie Dragon

[quote name="evilfusion" post="6152273" timestamp="1362000156"]Isn't "Faerie" a really old word for "fairy"? Like you see it in older settings?   It doesn't really matter to me. Card looks decent enough, it just depends on whether you run enough Fields to make it worthwhile.[/quote] Yeah, faerie's just another word for fairy.

Whoever named it "Faerie"? Aren't the japanese names same?

Ancient Fairy Dragon: エンシェント・フェアリー・ドラゴン

Fairy Dragon - Ancient: 妖精竜 エンシェント

Although I know nothing about Japanese, I'm just going off what was written on the card. So no, their names aren't the same. Anyway, I like this, as well as MDPT, both of them have their niche uses although FDA is definately the better of the two. Also, the primary reason I run Dragunity Darkspear in my Harpies. It provides a good out to a lot of stuff, can draw you cards, and is level 7 for Exceed plays with Harpie's Pet Dragon.

The original one wasn't a DARK, was it?

Either way, the effect is too good for a generic Synchro imo

The reason for this is because this is the manga counterpart. You see in Manga, instead of "Signer Dragons" there are "Duel Dragons", which on a whole are basically meant for destruction. Even though Yusei's new Radiance is Light, it still was made to even have a darker, or rather more aggressive, appeal to it. Even their effects reflect this, where Stardust Dragon was about taking one for the team and sacrificing itself, Radiance was about protecting itself from both battle and card effect, especially with the Manga effect being permanently lasting throughout the turn (wish it had that in real life).

Isn't "Faerie" a really old word for "fairy"? Like you see it in older settings?

It doesn't really matter to me. Card looks decent enough, it just depends on whether you run enough Fields to make it worthwhile.

This too I can answer, and the answer is basically the same reason. You see, while they are pretty much tied together they are often portrayed in a different way. Fairies were portrayed as being innocent or helpful being, often associated with light. Faeries were another counterpart that exists in the same vein but portrayed in a much more darker sense, such as things like changelings who kidnap babies in their sleep and replace the babies.

The differences are also reflected in the cards. Fairy Dragon being of light and protection, while Faerie Dragon basically being brutal and aggressive.

Hoped you guys enjoyed the fun facts :D

Archived