RP&D: Roleplay and Development

Aix

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many people are going to be in this group to find the king, and what lead do they have to find him? I think accepting for that RP should be limited, seeing as a group of 10 people to find him would probably become to much for such a storyline. Of course if other positions were open, that would be a different story.

Sounds sound enough.

So what about the lead? Do they have any idea where this 'king' might be?

Yeah, Merlin would point them in the general direction and give some cryptic words for them to follow

I'm assuming the king would be whoever can pull the sword from the stone.

Definitely. But, this is supposed to take place after King Arthur had already disappeared a thousand years ago and we are trying to find a new king to go against the undead King Mordred who has risen to usurp the throne.

I'm trying to create a capital city at the moment; Camelot but corrupt (Tolemac is the name; Camelot backwards) I just dont have much time on the computer, and I'm struggling with the writing. I know what I want from it, but not how to write it. >.>

And are we not going to have people who want to kill this new king? Y'know, to keep the Morganian/Mordredian line going?

Yeah, Merlin would point them in the general direction and give some cryptic words for them to follow

Definitely. But, this is supposed to take place after King Arthur had already disappeared a thousand years ago and we are trying to find a new king to go against the undead King Mordred who has risen to usurp the throne.

And then I am guessing this sword is the only thing that can kill this undead king?

Excalibur is the sword in the stone >.> It was in the stone initially, then thrown to Nimue(the lady of the lake) for keeping. That could always be a key plot point.

A cool thing to happen would be to not necessarily be in search of the Arthurian descendant, but more of the sword. Suppose that Merlin said something of the next king being drawn to the sword at a specific time, so the group is in search of the sword. Then it turns out that one of the group is the nextking (which would be especially good if they're supposed to kill the next king).

So then we all end up at this special lake and sh*t kicks off there.

and stuff....yeah.

Actually, in most versions of the legend, Excalibur is completely different from the sword in the stone. How is this: Merlin merely glimpses into the future and sees the future king, which he cannot see the face or gender of holding the lost Excalibur?

Ooh, ooh

How about this

they search for the Future King Arthur, but the truth is one of them is destined to become the future king, they only know it after he/she get that sword XD

You psychic bastard.

Wait, what about everyone being a reincarnation of a previous knight of the Round? One is the next Arthur, one is Lancelot, another one is Gawain, etc.

That's possible, but it'd really be up to the participants. I'm not going to consider that as a bonus when accepting apps either.

That's possible, but it'd really be up to the participants. I'm not going to consider that as a bonus when accepting apps either.

Or you could make it mandatory. I know for the RPs of certain members, like Blu or Kyng, they have you sign up for specific parts. You could have the descendents that you can have, only 1 participant per descendent. I like this idea of one of the members of the group being the future king. 

Archived