So, what did you guys think of this year's winners? It was a pretty varied Oscar year, which meant it was fairly entertaining to watch.

My personal favourite was Lincoln, as I really enjoyed the subject matter, the rich and intimate direction and production design, and the flawless acting. I thought DDL definitely deserved his third Oscar win. His performance was impeccable, and monumental, the best of the decade so far.

Life of Pi was a worthy Best Director winner for Ang Lee, it was visually stunning, although it's narrative wasn't really up to much.

Argo was a strong film, but I never felt like I was watching an Academy Award winner. It was taught and intense, but seemed to lack soul. 

Tell me what you thought of the winners and nominees, and on Seth Macfarlane's hosting ability.

After seeing all the awards it won, I really want to see Life of Pi at some point.

And I'm curious to see Silver Linings and Hunger Games after all the Jennifer Lawrence hype I've been seeing lately.

As for Seth, I love the guy and I thought the opening part was pretty good, though I didn't see the rest of the show, so can't comment there.

Probably overdid a few things though, hence the controversy.

After seeing all the awards it won, I really want to see Life of Pi at some point.

And I'm curious to see Silver Linings and Hunger Games after all the Jennifer Lawrence hype I've been seeing lately.

As for Seth, I love the guy and I thought the opening part was pretty good, though I didn't see the rest of the show, so can't comment there.

Probably overdid a few things though, hence the controversy.

Life of Pi is worth the watch, as the directing is pretty astounding; and more than a bit technical. I enjoyed Silver Linings more than I thought, as it sort of pans out as a rom-com with intelligence, drama, and superb acting. Jennifer Lawrence is suitably impressive. 

The show was nowhere near as controversial as people were making out. Slightly distasteful maybe, but not controversial. There was a nice little number about boobs, too.

Argo probably shouldn't have won best picture.

Best actor and actress were fine, especially actor, which was a basic definite coming in.

Best supporting actress and actor were great, exactly whom I wanted to win.

Life of Pi won all the visual arts stuff, which wasn't much of a surprise.

Seth McFarland was funny, and anything distasteful was just old people being stupid. He was being himself and using his comedy. I've seen so much worse things on Family Guy. If anything was too distasteful, it was Mark Wahlburg and Ted's conversations, which I still thought were hilarious.

Pixar won the Pixar Award, Anne Hathaway won the Anne Hathaway award, not many surprises. Jennifer Lawrence had some amusing responses for interviewers after that trip she had.

Seth was fine. I didnt find the un-jokes funny (It's funny b/c it's not supposed to be funny! Get It?!) especially the boob song. Probably the biggest laugh i got was at "Cocaine trees as far as the eye could see"

I like Jennifer Lawrence, she's very entertaining. I once heard, "Jennifer Lawrence is like a Tumblr user who somehow went outside and got famous and now she’s just confused." and it made me chuckle.

Omg I've hear that as well. But I think it's because she knows how to be true to her self. She's only 22 so she's bound to be silly. And If Jennifer was a tumblr user she'd have one of those rad, yet adventurous blogs. Everyone set's off a vibe with the stuff they post. I'm not sure what type of vibe I set off but I hope it's a positive one! 

Wow, that was entertaining. My friend said apparently he heard she's a b*tch IRL, but I dunno, a lot of people have been loving her lately and I can see why.

Dude she's not a bitch. My band teachers wife was a director or something like that for catching fire (tbh I'm not sure what she was but she was working with the cast on set). She said that Jennifer was a kind, nice, and ambitious young woman. 

It makes me laugh that people actually criticized Seth MacFarlane's hosting when the show drew its highest ratings in three years.  The people that took it 'sensitively' for lack of a better word are just those kind of people that don't know how to laugh.  Nothing he said was harmful and considering the fact that it could've been a lot worse if you see some of the stuff they say on Family Guy, I don't understand why anyone's complaining.

I didn't make it through the whole show because I got bored with that lengthy period of time they devoted to the 'behind the scenes' people, but I'm somewhat surprised that Argo won 'Film of the Year', maybe only because I haven't had the chance to see it.

I find Jennifer Lawrence annoying for an uxexplainable reason, so whenever I see her I create a weird feedback loop wherein she irritates me, I get angry, I get angry at myself for hating her for no rational reason and then vent that anger by looking for someone nearby to hate. Oh, look, there's Jennifer Lawrence. That's convenient. I really can't understand the hype behind the Hunger Games. Someone just westernized the far cleverer and funnier "Battle Royale", possibly my favourite foreign language film (look it up).

It was, however, very nice to see someone in a COMEDY finally win a Best Actor/Actress.

I find Jennifer Lawrence annoying for an uxexplainable reason, so whenever I see her I create a weird feedback loop wherein she irritates me, I get angry, I get angry at myself for hating her for no rational reason and then vent that anger by looking for someone nearby to hate. Oh, look, there's Jennifer Lawrence. That's convenient. I really can't understand the hype behind the Hunger Games. Someone just westernized the far cleverer and funnier "Battle Royale", possibly my favourite foreign language film (look it up).

It was, however, very nice to see someone in a COMEDY finally win a Best Actor/Actress.

I've heard of Battle royale, but haven't seen it yet. I'll give it a look. My favourite foreign language film is something entirely different - Downfall. I agree that it was nice for a comedy to win some acting awards. The last time that happened was 'As Good As It Gets' in 1997.

And then there's the violent manga and novel that that was based on…

Saw the movie and loved it. It's as good as Old Boys.

As for the oscar itself, it was pretty standard. Was not hoping for Brave or Jennifer Lawrence or Argo to win but they won anyway. Was surprise to see Life Of Pi to win the Best Picture because I was hoping for Beast Of The Southern Wild to win that category. 

Saw the movie and loved it. It's as good as Old Boys.

As for the oscar itself, it was pretty standard. Was not hoping for Brave or Jennifer Lawrence or Argo to win but they won anyway. Was surprise to see Life Of Pi to win the Best Picture because I was hoping for Beast Of The Southern Wild to win that category. 

Life of Pi didn't win best picture. I assume you meant Best Director. 'fraid to say I haven't seen Beast of the Southern Wild yet. Didn't really look like my type of film.

Archived