[Aix's Archetypes] Guardian Angel Archetype - Invincible Monsters? *Reps for Reviews*

Aix

So what if I made some invincible monsters? Support was added, but the main cards are the monsters.

[hr][spoiler='Monsters']191368.jpg191865.jpg191873.jpg191880.jpg[/spoiler]

[hr][spoiler='Spells/Traps']193511.jpg193542.jpg

193541.jpg193525.jpg[/spoiler]

[hr][spoiler='Extra Deck']If you can get out 2 monsters of an Archetype that doesn't involve Special Summoning, then you certainly deserve a reward... right? This card is for breaking through those pesky meat shields and back row.

[hr]191888.jpg[/spoiler]

[hr]

Didn't think that I would be doing a review here... but I know saying something like "I really like these cards and the idea they have", while true, isn't following the Advanced Clause (unless that only applies to single cards... I don't know, the advanced clause given in this sub-forum doesn't have anything in the orgional post).

So what if I made some invincible monsters? 5 cards only.

[hr][spoiler='Guardian Angel - Divine Spear']191368.jpg[/spoiler]

The card seems nice to me, doesn't mix up its effects and follows the overall theme of the set. (20 words...)

[hr][spoiler='Guardian Angel - Valiant Blader']191865.jpg[/spoiler]

Not sure what the banished Spell/Trap card would do when it's the End phase (set,re-activated, or put back as if it never left). (was that considered OCG editing?)

I'm going to take it as the 3rd option.

Card has more "effective strength" to me then the last, but it has similar revealing effect to its revealed effect and seeing as the removed card is returned at the end of the turn, I think its not too strong. (60 total...)

[hr][spoiler='Guardian Angel - Faithful Protector']191873.jpg[/spoiler]

Modifing the reveal effect to either player's turn is what make this card a great defensive card for the set, I can't help but say that the art is beautiful.(80 total...)

[hr][spoiler='Guardian Angel - High Witch']191880.jpg[/spoiler]

This would have to be a Key card for the set and its not a great challenge to get rid of on its own. Its reveal and revealed effects are a bit different though which so-far goes aganist the unity of the preivous cards, but allows for greater veratility of the card. I aslo like that you changed its Atribute to Dark instead of keeping with the Light as the art does look more like a dark monster. (159 total...)

[hr][spoiler='Guardian Angel - Grand Champion']191888.jpg[/spoiler]

This card is like High Witch in that it searchs for the others, but it does it in another way. I do like the card, but it's a shame it doesn't have a reveal effect (not that I would change it to have one). (205 total...)

As I said before, I really like these cards and the idea they share and would love to see you add more (if not just for that artwork...),  did you do the artwork yourself or did you get it off someone else? (215 total)

If anyone thinks I could of done a better job on the reveiw, plz tell me I would like to get better.

As I said before, I really like these cards and the idea they share and would love to see you add more (if not just for that artwork...),  did you do the artwork yourself or did you get it of someone else? (215 total)

If anyone thinks I could of done a better job on the reveiw, plz tell me I would like to get better.

Haha, you didn't have to count your words like that. Thanks for the review, for a more effective review you'd have to talk about how it compares with cards in the meta right now.

The art comes from jazinkay's Angel gallery, he didn't draw the pictures either, no one really knows where he got his art, though some of it comes from deviantArt.

Haha, you didn't have to count your words like that. Thanks for the review, for a more effective review you'd have to talk about how it compares with cards in the meta right now.

The art comes from jazinkay's Angel gallery, he didn't draw the pictures either, no one really knows where he got his art, though some of it comes from deviantArt.

ahh ok.

yeah I don't really have any idea of what the meta is current at... so I can't compare it to the meta.

I think I like your cards too much...

[spoiler=Guardian Angel - Angels of a Feather]gDNZfKG.jpg

Text: Activate only when a "Guardian Angel" card you control would be destroyed or removed from the field; Reveal a "Guardian Angel" monster in your hand; Negate the effect that would destroy/remove the card from the field and Special Summon the monster revealed by this effect.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Guardian Angel - Bound Release]lTxNbj6.jpg

Text:During either Player's Battle Phase you can reveal another 4 "Guardian Angel" cards and this card in your hand until your Standby Phase. If this card in your hand is revealed; Draw 1 and increase the ATK/DEF of all "Guardian Angel" monsters you control by 100. Shuffle this revealed card into your Deck during your Draw Phase.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Guardian Angel - Brilliant Pegasus]IjwZMY5.jpg

Text:You can reveal a "Guardian Angel" monster in your hand until your Standby Phase; Target 1 monster on the field; The targeted card Is treated to have the same name and Level as the revealed card until the End Phase. If this card in your hand is revealed; Target 1 monster on the field; it is treated as a Level 4 "Guardian Angel" until the End Phase. Shuffle this revealed card into your Deck during your Draw Phase.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Guardian Angel - Cyber Galient]TByYf3b.jpg

Text: You can reveal a non-DARK/LIGHT "Guardian Angel" monster in your hand until your Standby Phase; Add a "Guardian Angel" Spell/Trap Card from your deck to your hand. When this card in your hand is revealed; send 1 "Guardian Angel" Spell/Trap in your graveyard to your deck. Shuffle this revealed card into your Deck during your Draw Phase.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Guardian Angel - Dark Converter]OMtI2g3.jpg

Text:1 Tuner "Guardian Angel" + 1 DARK Non-Tuner "Guardian Angel"
Once per turn you can reveal a "Guardian Angel" card in your hand until your Standby Phase; All "Guardian Angel" monsters you control are treated as DARK Monsters until the End Phase.
This card gains 200 ATK for every DARK "Guardian Angel" on your side of the field.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Guardian Angel - Devil's Seductress]pQMJ1Xc.jpg

Text:Once per turn you can reveal 2 "Guardian Angel" cards in your hand until the Standby Phase; Your opponent cannot attack another "Guardian Angel" you control while at least one is revealed. When this card in your hand is revealed; You can reveal another "Guardian Angel" card in your hand; Your opponent Discards a card at random. Shuffle this revealed card into your Deck during your Draw Phase.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Guardian Angel - Fiery Phoenix]gblyKkp.jpg

Text:Once per turn you can reveal a "Guardian Angel" card in your hand; You can attach a Level 4 "Guardian Angel" in you Graveyard to a XYZ "Guardian Angel" monster you control. When this card in your hand is revealed; send 1 "Guardian Angel" card in your graveyard to your deck. Shuffle this revealed card into your Deck during your Draw Phase.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Guardian Angel - Flow Rider]rQU1StI.jpg

Text:During your opponents Battle Phase, you can reveal another 3 "Guardian Angel" cards and this card in your hand until your Standby Phase. When this card in your hand is revealed; End the current Phase. Shuffle this revealed card into your Deck during your Draw Phase.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Guardian Angel - Light Striker]0sofWZt.jpg

Text:You can reveal a "Guardian Angel" monster in your hand until your Standby Phase; Inflict 500 damage to your opponent. If this card in your hand is revealed; You can target 1 "Guardian Angel" monster on the field; It can attack your opponent directly this turn. Shuffle this revealed card into your Deck during your Draw Phase.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Guardian Angel - Lustrous Director]nynnY1C.jpg

Text:You can reveal a "Guardian Angel" monster in your hand; This card cannot be destroyed by battle until after your next Draw Phase. If this card in your hand is revealed; You can target 1 "Guardian Angel" monster on the field; It cannot be destroyed by battle with a monster of a ATK higher then its DEF until your opponent's next End Phase. Shuffle this revealed card into your Deck during your Draw Phase.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Guardian Angel - Sacred Goddess]X9XgvMS.jpg

Text: 1 Tuner "Guardian Angel" + 1 Non-Tuner "Guardian Angel"
Once per turn you can shuffle a card from your hand into your deck; Draw 1 card, if you draw a "Guardian Angel" card you can reveal it to send a "Guardian Angel" card in your Graveyard to your Deck.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Guardian Angel - Sealed Armour]9jfNuKY.jpg

Text:Reveal a "Guardian Angel" monster in your hand until your Standby Phase; increase this card's DEF by that card's DEF while it is revealed. While this card in your hand is revealed; Target 1 monster; It is unaffected by effects that would destroy it. Shuffle this revealed card into your Deck during your Draw Phase.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Guardian Angel - Storm Fighter]R4gW3Of.jpg

Text:You can reveal a "Guardian Angel" Spell/Trap in your hand until your Standby Phase; This card is unaffected by the effects of Spell/Traps while it is revealed. When this card in your hand is revealed; Return a Spell/Trap card on the field to the owner's hand. Shuffle this revealed card into your Deck during your Draw Phase.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Guardian Angel Chaos Theory]bOVLL8O.jpg

Text:When activated; Equip only to a DARK "Guardian Angel" monster.
If the equipped monster reveals a LIGHT monster by its effect; Target 2 cards on the field; your opponent selects and destroys one, return the other to the owner's Deck.
If the equipped monster would be destroyed; you can reveal 1 non-DARK/LIGHT "Guardian Angel" monster in your hand until your Standby Phase instead.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Guardian Angel Homeland]QE3uOUd.jpg

Text:While this card is face up on the field; "Guardian Angel" monsters you control gain 200 ATK/DEF for each revealed "Guardian Angel" card in your hand.
If this card in your hand is revealed; Target 1 card on the field; return that card to the owner's Deck. During your Draw Phase, if this card in your hand is revealed; You can Activate this card, if you do not, Shuffle it into your Deck.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Guardian Angel Wormhole]G6cGqur.jpg

Text: When a "Guardian Angel" card(s) is removed from your hand, other then during a turn when this card was activated; Draw 1 for each "Guardian Angel" card that was removed from your hand.
If this card in your hand is revealed; Target 1 card on the field; return that card to the owner's Deck. During your Draw Phase, if this card in your hand is revealed; You can Activate this card, if you do not, Shuffle it into your Deck.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Guardian Angels Calling]tJffLAi.jpg

Text:Activate only when a "Guardian Angel" card in your hand is revealed, Target a "Guardian Angel" card in your Graveyard or 2 "Guardian Angel" cards in your Banish Pile; Send that Target(s) to your deck, then Draw 1.
If this card in your hand is revealed by the effect of a "Guardian Angel" card; Draw 1. Shuffle this revealed card into your Deck during your Draw Phase.[/spoiler]

Overall, I like this archetype. They abuse a very original game mechanic (I value that a lot), I really like how you worked around revealing and also how you balanced it by making them shuffle themselves into the deck. It seems you've put some big thought into their effects as well since none of them is obviously abusable, at least at first sight. Their artwork is nice, their OCG is near perfect and basically the only nitpick I have against them is that maybe some of their effects may be a tad bit much. Anyway onto the review.

Divine Spear: I think this is probably not intended, but as is, you can reveal as many Guardian Angels as you'd like to and this makes it very overpowered in the sense that it could reach insane ATK provided you have multiple Guardian Angels in your hand. Yet it on the field is pretty much only a beatstick. I'd still limit it to only reveal up to 2 at a time though, and that is already making it pretty powerful. Also its first effect should use a semi-colon, not a colon.

Valiant Blader: Its effect while revealed in the hand is contradictory - it makes the card that reveals it unaffected by card effects that don't destroy it, meaning that card becomes immune to this very effect, lol. Make it not affected by other card effects and it's fixed. Also, nice card.

Faithful Protector: Its effect to change battle positions only reveals momentaniously, meaning it won't trigger any of the archetype's effect. You do realize that, don't you? And also that that makes the effect usable infinitely at any time? There probably is a way to abuse this, but I don't know how. Still, I'd make changes to it. I'd also give it a different effect when revealed, since it's the same as Valiant Blader's and I don't like repeated effects.

High Witch: The archetype's best card, huh? I'd nerf it a bit to make it only work against monsters since you've already gotten a nice effect that rids you of a spell/trap card.

Grand Champion: This one is hella powerful. I would nerf its ATK gain via its own effect, or rather replace this whole effect. I don't see why not give it an effect to reveal a Guardian Angel in your hand like the other cards in the archetype. However, one thing this archetype definitely needs is a way to maintain hand presence since you'll probably be minusing often, the only real plus in the archetype besides current Grand Champion is High Witch. And that is what I think should be made for this card's effect instead. 

Faithful Protector: Its effect to change battle positions only reveals momentaniously, meaning it won't trigger any of the archetype's effect. You do realize that, don't you? And also that that makes the effect usable infinitely at any time? There probably is a way to abuse this, but I don't know how. Still, I'd make changes to it. I'd also give it a different effect when revealed, since it's the same as Valiant Blader's and I don't like repeated effects.

the morfatronic cards with the field spell, gain counter for every battle possition change and that in turn increases morfatronic atk/def

Overall, I like this archetype. They abuse a very original game mechanic (I value that a lot), I really like how you worked around revealing and also how you balanced it by making them shuffle themselves into the deck. It seems you've put some big thought into their effects as well since none of them is obviously abusable, at least at first sight. Their artwork is nice, their OCG is near perfect and basically the only nitpick I have against them is that maybe some of their effects may be a tad bit much. Anyway onto the review.

Divine Spear: I think this is probably not intended, but as is, you can reveal as many Guardian Angels as you'd like to and this makes it very overpowered in the sense that it could reach insane ATK provided you have multiple Guardian Angels in your hand. Yet it on the field is pretty much only a beatstick. I'd still limit it to only reveal up to 2 at a time though, and that is already making it pretty powerful. Also its first effect should use a semi-colon, not a colon.

Valiant Blader: Its effect while revealed in the hand is contradictory - it makes the card that reveals it unaffected by card effects that don't destroy it, meaning that card becomes immune to this very effect, lol. Make it not affected by other card effects and it's fixed. Also, nice card.

High Witch: The archetype's best card, huh? I'd nerf it a bit to make it only work against monsters since you've already gotten a nice effect that rids you of a spell/trap card.

Grand Champion: This one is hella powerful. I would nerf its ATK gain via its own effect, or rather replace this whole effect. I don't see why not give it an effect to reveal a Guardian Angel in your hand like the other cards in the archetype. However, one thing this archetype definitely needs is a way to maintain hand presence since you'll probably be minusing often, the only real plus in the archetype besides current Grand Champion is High Witch. And that is what I think should be made for this card's effect instead. 

The point with Divine Spear is that she can run anything over if you have enough "Guardian Angels" in hand. You probably don't want to reveal too many and keep your Guardian Angels cuz you'll be massively minusing yourself if you do.

Blader was supposed to only stop opponent's effects, I gotta go correct that.

Faithful Protector is supposed to keep stuff revealed, I gotta fix that.

High Witch, I think I will keep it with any card, because very easily, they could just Bottomless, Torrential or Solemn when you go to Summon Blader and you don't always have Blader on you.

Huh, Grand Champion does seem a little much, but I didn't know what else to do with her. I personally thought a reveal to destroy effect, but that's really bland.

Thanks for the review :D

• 6 months later...

i have a question no one else seems to wonder. How the hell do you reveal something until the End Phase? its a good idea... but in practice i dont get it

Serious necrobump.  I don't really mind, but the mods might...

Revealing something means you put it down or turn it over and let your opponent see it. Something that is being revealed cannot be revealed again at the same time by a card effect that reveals a card.

The revealing mechanic is simple. In a real duel, you simply turn said card so your opponent can see it. Then during your next draw, place the revealed card back into your deck and shuffle. It's a very simple mechanic that activates the effect in your hand. I honestly like it. Abusive but to the point of being broken. I give you a 10/10.

• 1 month later...

necrobumping is necrobumping, and i'm sorry.

Tethys would make these gals insane to go against as you reveal to draw again, then reveal again later for an angels effect.

Essentially you get their effects twice a turn in theory unless i misunderstood something.

not a review i know, but its just an abusable combo i just noticed.

Archived