Pistons: A Decopunk RP [Accepting/Not Started] (PG-16)

cAmXoov.png

Thanks to my bruddah Renji for the logo.

[spoiler='What is Decopunk?']In short, Decopunk is a retro-futuristic genre set in the era of the 1920s to the 1950s. It's a spin-off of Dieselpunk(essentially just Steampunk set in the 20s and 50s), but everything is shiny, smooth, and metallic in contrast to the grit of Dieselpunk. The idea is futuristic concepts all powered by diesel fuel done in the style that the society at the time would do so. That's the short answer, but Wikipedia explains it better than I, so go check it out.[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Plot']The year is 1947. This universe is very similar to ours. Same nations, same calendar system, and mostly the same turn of events. Mostly. Back in the mid 1800s, Steam-powered fuel became obsolete when the brilliant minds of their era focused on a technology that was long overdue for its time in the spotlight. Oil. Black gold. Texas Tea. No matter the name it donned, its influence spread like wildfire. Soon, all technology was powered by Diesel fuels. Segregation was still in effect in the USA, radios and televisions conquered households, and Jazz is becoming quite popular. The world was happy.

That was until the first true war with such technology came. They called it the war to end all wars. The nonsense of the saying and situation stuck for a few years, but soon the world broke into yet another war-ending war, per say. But the minds of this generation decided to go beyond the power that diesel held. No, they found a way to do something far more than the capabilities of oil. They created the Atomic Bomb. And as suddenly as the second World War started, it was finished. However, this time, the peace that should have come was replaced with burning curiosity.

What could this power do in the hands of someone else?

Every country considered it, especially the United States and the United Kingdom. If such a weapon was to be produced by others, what would the outcome hold? That was a chance they were not willing to take. Thus, the ASO(Allied Security Organization) was created. However, even with such precautions, one group of spies stole the coveted blueprints for the Atom Bomb. The problem was that no one knew which country had done such excluded the one that had committed the crime.

Was it the USSR wanting the very power that the USA controlled? Did Japan finally receive its formula for revenge? Did Germany want another shot at world domination? Or could it have been someone else, a country hiding in the shadows? It mattered not to the USA and UK. Once the news had been intercepted, the two countries had the ASO working on such a case, but there weren't enough operatives there to get such a case done. Desperate, criminals and other proven killers have also been recruited for the sole purpose of finding the weapon's plans. 50 crews complete with their own aircraft were created and split across the world, searching for the stolen blueprints.

You are apart of Crew 47. Whether you're a spy looking to intercept the stolen plans more so, a criminal allowed to be here, or an actual member of the ASO or USA and UK armies, you're on a search for the weapon to destroy all weapons. This is your story.[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Rules']

1. Advanced Clause obviously.

This goes without saying, but I'm required to explain it to you nonetheless. In short, no powerplaying, godmodding, and metagaming. All IC posts require roughly 100 words at standard formatting or four lines of text. No posting in script format. Also, no copy and pasting characters AKA expying characters without tailoring them to this RP. Lastly, just don't use chat speak or smilies and make sure to use good grammar in IC, at least.

2. Be active.

If you won't or cannot post at least once every five days, please don't make an app to begin with.

3. I have final say.

4. Contact me about using non-enemy NPCs before you do so.(Don't worry, shouldn't have to be done too much.)

This shouldn't be too worried about as the real important ones like big bads will be controlled by me, but if you want to have a small interaction with some NPC, that's when you contact me.

5. Only one character per person.

This being due to limited character slots.[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Additional Information']Because this is a Decopunk RP, you're allowed to experiment with futuristic technology. Just make sure it fits with the style of the RP.(I'll decide on that ultimately, but I'll usually try and work with you on fitting it into the style.)

Also, accepting periods will consist of the following:

• Two weeks to get your app in.
  • Six open character slots.

Once the two weeks are over, I'll choose the best six apps and they will be accepted. This stays true for the first accepting period. You know, right now.[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Application'](Remove all parenthesis and all contents of parenthesis.)

Name: 

Age: (Make sure it's a reasonable age to be chosen by the government to go on an espionage mission.)

Appearance: (No pictures. A paragraph or more. Please include height and weight of your character.)

Personality: (A paragraph or more.)

Biography: (A paragraph or more. You can keep some stuff out of here, we don't want to ruin all mystery of your character, of course.)

Equipment: (What's your character bringing with them? This includes weapons.)

Other: (Self explanatory. If there's anything else you feel is necessary to put in your app, but don't have a place to put it, place it here.)[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Accepted Applications']None so far.

Mine is still in the works. Give me until tomorrow or Friday.[/spoiler]

The Accepting Period is from now until March 21st. On the 22nd, results shall be posted.

Archived