Zextra's New-Style Series 8 Card Layout Templates [Final Version Complete!] Now available for Photoshop and GIMP!

Like Judas, I have also been working on a template which follows the somewhat new Series 8 card layout, though mine is most likely far inferior to his.

The template is complete with everything you need, and it includes card frames for:

• Normal Monsters

• Effect Monsters

• Ritual Monsters

• Fusion Monsters

• Synchro Monsters

• Dark Synchro Monsters

• Xyz Monsters

• Spell Cards

• Trap Cards

• Token Cards

However, due to recently losing everything on my old hard-drive, I no longer have the Spell/Trap template, and my Xyz template still has things that need to be worked out.

Everything is now included!

Credits for this template:

• Monster Attributes - J u d a s

• Level and Negative Level - J u d a s

Rules:

• Credit is not required but is greatly, greatly appreciated.

• Please do not rip!

• Do not re-distribute; if someone asks, link them here.

• If you would like to use the template as a base for your own or something of the sort, please notify me first.

Fonts Needed:

I am not allowed to post download links for the fonts, but to make things a bit easier, here is a list of fonts necessary to fully use the template:

• Matrix Regular Small Caps

• Matrix Bold Small Caps

• MatrixBook

• Matrix Fractions

• Stone Serif Sem SC ITC TT Semi

• Stone Serif ITC Medium (for Normal Monster text)

Download Links:

* Photoshop - PSD Downloads *

Basic Monster Template

Xyz Template

Spell and Trap Template

Token Template

Combined Template (File includes all of the above templates)

* GIMP - XCF Downloads *

Basic Monster Template

Xyz Template

Spell and Trap Template

Token Template

Examples:

Normal Monster

Effect Monster

Ritual Monster

Fusion Monster

Synchro Monster

Dark Synchro Monster

Xyz Monster

Spell Card

Trap Card

Normal Token

Token with Stats

Template Add-ons:

[spoiler=Advance Template V1]

dmfz.png

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Unity Template V1]

6pe4.png

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Asteroid Template V1]

5onl.png

[/spoiler]

Hope you all enjoy! :3

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like Judas, I have also been working on a template which follows the somewhat new Series 8 card layout, though mine is most likely far inferior to his.

As of right now, the template includes card frames for:

• Normal Monsters

• Effect Monsters

• Ritual Monsters

• Fusion Monsters

• Synchro Monsters

• Dark Synchro Monsters

However, due to recently losing everything on my old hard-drive, I no longer have the Spell/Trap template, and my Xyz template still has things that need to be worked out.

Credits for this template:

• Attributes - J u d a s

• Level and Negative Level - J u d a s

Download Link

Examples:

Normal Monster

Effect Monster

Ritual Monster

Fusion Monster

Synchro Monster

Dark Synchro Monster

Enjoy! :3

Always keep a backup of your most important stuff dude, it really sucks to lose your hard work like that :/
 hy'
They look pretty good, I'll be testing this as well, might as well you know. I'll post a card when I'm done with the testing :D

EDIT: How does one change the levels from others than just 11 and 12?

Always keep a backup of your most important stuff dude, it really sucks to lose your hard work like that :/
 hy'
They look pretty good, I'll be testing this as well, might as well you know. I'll post a card when I'm done with the testing :D

EDIT: How does one change the levels from others than just 11 and 12?

That was a backup...I now have to get the data recovered from my backup portable hard-drive...

To change the levels - just erase the ones you don't need.

That was a backup...I now have to get the data recovered from my backup portable hard-drive...

To change the levels - just erase the ones you don't need.

how? When I try to delete it, it just deletes all of the starts. I tried to find other ways, but I can't figure it out.

how? When I try to delete it, it just deletes all of the starts. I tried to find other ways, but I can't figure it out.

Erase, not delete - as in use the eraser tool. Drag a box around the stars you don't want, then use the eraser tool to get rid of them.

Erase, not delete - as in use the eraser tool. Drag a box around the stars you don't want, then use the eraser tool to get rid of them.

That's really annoying to have to do that each and every time. I wish you could simply turn it off and on. But I guess that will do for now, it's not that hard, but it's kind of annoying.

Okay, here's my card now:
FiendishBeatofTrouble-1.png
I have two problems with this, 1 I have already explained, the other is that you have to move the ] each time, which will not make it totaly accurate, also it seems to be the wrong font for it, but maybe that's just me. But other than that, it seems to work fine.

I find it a lot easier, actually - and all the templates on YCM before Judas' used that format instead. It takes me half the time to erase seven levels that it does to disable seven layers. Also, it saves memory having them all on one layer.

I don't ever mind the the "]" issue, really. All my cards don't have a problem once they're done, and neither does your example. I mean, honestly, the main reason I do that is because that particular bracket is perfectly proportional to the type/subtype text. However, the font used for that does not support the brackets, and turns ] into ), which is why I prefer to keep them in separate layers.

I find it a lot easier, actually - and all the templates on YCM before Judas' used that format instead. It takes me half the time to erase seven levels that it does to disable seven layers. Also, it saves memory having them all on one layer.

I don't ever mind the the "]" issue, really. All my cards don't have a problem once they're done, and neither does your example. I mean, honestly, the main reason I do that is because that particular bracket is perfectly proportional to the type/subtype text. However, the font used for that does not support the brackets, and turns ] into ).

What ever works for you, but still wish there was the option though. As for the bracket, cant you just add the incorrect fonted bracket into the layer, or is that not possible? Judas' seems to do that, so it should be possible right?

What ever works for you, but still wish there was the option though. As for the bracket, cant you just add the incorrect fonted bracket into the layer, or is that not possible? Judas' seems to do that, so it should be possible right?

I can, but adjusting the size to fit the top and bottom of the word evenly is a pain, and if you're using the mixture of fonts that I'm using, it's impossible. As for Judas' template - while we're on the topic of extremely nit-picky things, the font he uses for the bracket: Matrix ExtraBold, makes the bracket too thick for my liking (when I'm comparing to a real card).

Also, don't feel limited to how Judas or I made our templates - if you're dissatisfied with any features of the template, feel free to do what you want with it. Since you're not a fan of the way I use it, then by all means go ahead and split the Levels into 11/12 separate layers if it will make things easier for you.

[quote name="Zextra" post="6158018" timestamp="1362695441"]I can, but adjusting the size to fit the top and bottom of the word evenly is a pain, and if you're using the mixture of fonts that I'm using, it's impossible. As for Judas' template - while we're on the topic of extremely nit-picky things, the font he uses for the bracket: Matrix ExtraBold, makes the bracket too thick for my liking (when I'm comparing to a real card).   Also, don't feel limited to how Judas or I made our templates - if you're dissatisfied with any features of the template, feel free to do what you want with it. Since you're not a fan of the way I use it, then by all means go ahead and split the Levels into 11/12 separate layers if it will make things easier for you.[/quote] It's the little things that makes the user experience better, but yes I could just split em up (if I knew how, I awful at anything Photoshop related). As for the fontfor the brackets, I compaired the font to an Xyz Monster, and it's quite thick and has the little pointy parts a bit different. It's surprisingly quote noticable, but really, it's not a big deal as you said, it's quite nit-picky but if you want me to prefer yours over Judas' you will have to make it as precise and userfriendly as possible, at least thats how I go about it, others might not care at all, but for the last feed days, all I have done is this whole template stuff so I get OCD about this.

The idea of user-friendliness differs from person to person; therefore, you have to understand that it's impossible to satisfy everyone's personal preferences - what seems stupid or difficult for you to use may be easier or more simplistic for other people, and vice versa. Also, some of your opinions may simply derive from the fact that you haven't had enough experience with Photoshop yet - when I first started using Photoshop, I also preferred individual layers for each level; but after a while, that got to be tedious, and simply erasing unneeded levels became far easier, less time-consuming, and overall far more preferable.

As for whether you use mine or Judas' templates - that's completely up to you, and I won't mind which one you decide to use. Also, keep in mind that both our templates are in the beta stage, so there are some fixes that will have to be dealt with. Furthermore, I'm sure that I can speak for both Judas and myself here when I say that we've spent many, many hours creating the templates, testing them, fixing details, etc. We know that not everything can be perfect, but we do the best we can...

Also, if you're OCD about these things, then you can help with adjusting such problems. I, however, won't always be able to get to everything, since I have much to do outside of YCM, such as exams, essays, concerts, competitions, and a job; with that said, I don't always have the time nor patience to work on such things. If you find a font for the brackets that works for you better, then feel free to let me know, and I will adjust the file accordingly.

I'm gonna look stupid asking this, but oh well.

How exactly do these templates work?  I haven't done GFX stuff in a while, but do you download it and then use something like Photoshop to edit the cards and stuff?  I love the template I'm just not sure how to go about the process and which font to use.

I'm gonna look stupid asking this, but oh well.

How exactly do these templates work?  I haven't done GFX stuff in a while, but do you download it and then use something like Photoshop to edit the cards and stuff?  I love the template I'm just not sure how to go about the process and which font to use.

That's pretty much the gist of it. The template by itself is useless, but using it with Photoshop allows you to edit each aspect however you want, which includes things such as the card stats, effect text, image etc.

That's pretty much the gist of it. The template by itself is useless, but using it with Photoshop allows you to edit each aspect however you want, which includes things such as the card stats, effect text, image etc.

I'm just getting back into it, but basically what I'm guessing is that the text is already pre-set if you go in and edit it?

Ah, nevermind.  I tried to get it to work but I couldn't even figure out how to make my new card image appear -_-

It's cool though!

Oh, you just have to copy and paste the image you want to use from elsewhere - just open your desired image in Photoshop (which will open a new prompt), then transfer it over to the template file. Then all you have to do is make size readjustments and everything should be fine.

Sorry it didn't work out for you, though :(

• 2 weeks later...

I've added the download link to my Xyz template for those of you who are interested. Unfortunately, I don't think I will be able to make a Spell/Trap template anytime soon due to exams and essays, but I will try to get to those eventually - I would recommend Judas' template for that (and for everything else, really :P).

[quote name="Zazubat" post="6167058" timestamp="1364020388"]It's funny seeing both you can Judas update about the same time. I'll be testing this new Xyz Template as well.[/quote] Actually, I just forgot to update mine for a while - seeing Judas update his reminded me to do so.

And at last, I was able to find the time to recreate the Spell and Trap template from scratch; and honestly, these new ones actually look much nicer and more realistic than the old ones I made that were lost with my hard-drive.

And with that, the template is complete.

Hope you all enjoy! :3

Archived