Zextra's New-Style Series 8 Card Layout Templates [Final Version Complete!] Now available for Photoshop and GIMP!

I'm currently working on an update for the template. The new version will include:

• Anniversary Pack style card frames (no image border)

• Tokens (Standard and Custom)

For right now, here's a prototype for the anniversary-style frame:

blueeyeswhitedragonprox.png

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name="Daetime Playboy" post="6183405" timestamp="1366253382"]The Blue Eye's image should be stretched 1 more pixel downwards and 2 pixels, one on the right and the other on the left side of the art. So it covers the whole art box under it.[/quote] I've actually already stretched the image past the borders of the image box - the way that that the card is designed is that there's a shred on the edges to give it a shadow that makes it look like the image is "inside" the border.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wowie! Those look good. Could I ask you if you could put everything into 1 download file? My internet connection doesn't seem to like me downloading them all at once, and I don't want to have to wait for all of them to be done, because my connection can get pretty slow at times :/

[quote name=".codex" post="6206387" timestamp="1369240550"]Wowie! Those look good. Could I ask you if you could put everything into 1 download file? My internet connection doesn't seem to like me downloading them all at once, and I don't want to have to wait for all of them to be done, because my connection can get pretty slow at times :/[/quote] I am glad you like it, and I will see what I can do with combining the templates into a single file when I get home tonight.

I am glad you like it, and I will see what I can do with combining the templates into a single file when I get home tonight.

Thank you! I will start using this when I can, it looks good! I have Photoshop 6, does it matter which version I have?

[quote name=".codex" post="6206607" timestamp="1369252327"]Thank you! I will start using this when I can, it looks good! I have Photoshop 6, does it matter which version I have?[/quote] I would assume it does work on all versions, I use CS6 myself, and I have previously used it with CS4 and CS5.

I don't know if anybody would really be interested, but recently I have been working on a Token template, which is now in its finishing stages. I plan to release it sometime next week if nothing unexpected comes along. Below I have included some examples of the template.

Normal:

riotokenproxy.png

Token With Stats:
mechaphantombeasttokenp.png

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question: is there a way to make synchros, fusions, or rituals using the GIMP templates?  Cuz I don't have photoshop and don't intend on getting it.

Yes, the monster template includes the frames for Synchros, Fusions, and Rituals, so you can make those cards.

Can you show me how to do that? Lol

It's just a matter of checking and unchecking the layers you want. For example, if you want to make a Synchro monster, open the folder entitled "Card Frames" and enable the Synchro frame, then turn off the Effect monster layer.

[spoiler=Like This]

YoTeTvB.png

[/spoiler]

• 3 weeks later...

My apologies for the long wait - the token templates have been added for both Photoshop and GIMP.

I have also added an additional section in the opening post labeled "Template Add-ons", which I will periodically update to include various features that you can add to your template file. To start off, I have posted one of my custom templates, which you are free to use if you wish (I have also included it below in this post).

Hope you all enjoy! :3

Sample Template - "Advance Template V1":

dmfz.png

Thank you really much! This is really helpful temple. btw What is font for "[ Warrior/Effect/Tuner ]" thingy? Matrix ExtraBold is way too big for it...

Mine says "Stone Serif Sem SC ITC TT" and it looks ind of like this:
SnakeBandit.png
Oh, and don't use both Effect and Tuner, Tuner is suppose to overwrite Effect in normal cards.

Thank you really much! This is really helpful temple. btw What is font for "[ Warrior/Effect/Tuner ]" thingy? Matrix ExtraBold is way too big for it...

No problem; and yes, as Zazu says, the font is a Stone Serif variant.

On another note, I have added another template under template add-ons, so feel free to use it as well. This one's a bit simpler, but nonetheless, hope you all enjoy!

Sample Template - "Unity Template V1"

6pe4.png

You are really spectacular and have improved greatly on these. I love the simplicity of your custom templates, they really look clean and the composition of colors and texture is fantastic.

It's very kind of you to say so. I appreciate your feedback very much. :3

Archived