Sanctification through ritual - the Seraph archetype

Bleaknight

Seraph

This is the Seraph archetype, an archetype that mixes Ritual Monsters with Continuous Spell/Trap Cards, inspired by the "Fire Formation" real cards.
Any constructive feedback is greatly accepted, please leave your opinion!

[spoiler='Monsters']
[spoiler='Non-Ritual Monsters']
seraph%20elias.jpg
Once per turn, if a "Hallowed" card you control is sent to the Graveyard: You can Set 1 "Hallowed" Spell/Trap Card directly from your Deck. Once per turn: You can send 1 face-up "Hallowed" Spell/Trap Card you control to the Graveyard to target 1 monster on the field; destroy it.

seraph%20spritemaul.jpg
When this card is Normal Summoned: You can Set 1 "Hallowed" Trap Card directly from your Deck. You can send 1 face-up "Hallowed" Spell/Trap Card  you control to the Graveyard to target 1 Spell/Trap Card your opponent controls; destroy it.

seraph%20raiser.jpg
If a "Hallowed" Spell/Trap Card or card effect is activated: You can Special Summon 1 "Seraph" monster from your Graveyard, but it cannot be used as an Xyz Material. You can Tribute 1 "Seraph" monster; Set 1 "Hallowed" Spell/Trap Card directly from your Deck. Each effect of "Seraph Raiser" can only be used once per turn.

the%20humble%20seraph.jpg
If you Ritual Summon a "Seraph" Ritual Monster, this card can be used as the entire Tribute. If you Ritual Summon a "Seraph" Ritual Monster using this card: You can Set a number of "Hallowed" Spell/Trap Cards directly from the Deck equal to the number of other monsters you Tributed for the Ritual Summon.[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Ritual Monsters']

seraph%20armor.jpg
You can Ritual Summon this card with any "Hallowed" card. This card cannot be destroyed while you control 2 or more "Hallowed" Spell/Trap  Cards. Once per turn, while you control no other monsters, if you Ritual Summon a monster, you can send 1 "Hallowed" Spell/Trap Card you control to the Graveyard instead of Tributing.

burning%20one%2C%20supreme%20seraph.jpg
You can Ritual Summon this card with any "Hallowed" card. When you do: Tribute any number of "Hallowed" cards from your hand or field; this card cannot leave the field by your opponent's card effects for a number of your turns equal to the number of cards Tributed. When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can Set 1 "Hallowed" Spell/Trap Card directly from your Graveyard.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler='Hallowed Chants']
hallowed%20chant%20paling.jpg
When this card is activated: Add 1 "Seraph" Ritual Monster from your Deck to the hand. "Seraph" monsters you control cannot be destroyed during the turn they are Summoned. You can send this card you control to the Graveyard; Tribute monsters from your field or hand whose total Levels equal or exceed the Level of a "Seraph" Ritual Monster in your hand and Ritual Summon that monster. You can only activate 1 "Hallowed Chant - Paling" per turn.

hallowed%20chant%20surge.jpg
When this card is activated: Add 1 "Seraph" non-Ritual Monster from your Deck to the hand. When a "Seraph" monster is Ritual Summoned: You can target 1 card your opponent controls; destroy it. You can send this card you control to the Graveyard; Tribute monsters from your field or hand whose total Levels equal or exceed the Level of a "Seraph" Ritual Monster in your hand and Ritual Summon that monster. Each effect of "Hallowed Chant - Surge" can only be used once per turn.

hallowed%20chant%20blessing.jpg
When this card is activated: You can target 1 "Seraph" monster you control; while this card is face-up on the field, that target cannot be destroyed. "Hallowed Chant" cards you control cannot be destroyed, except "Hallowed Chant - Blessing". You can send this card you control to the Graveyard; Tribute monsters from your field or hand whose total Levels equal or exceed the Level of a "Seraphic" Ritual Monster in your hand and Ritual Summon that monster.

hallowed%20chant%20curse.jpg
When this card is activated: Target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; that target cannot attack or activate its effects this turn, also Set 1 "Hallowed" Spell/Trap Card directly from your Graveyard. You can send this card you control to the Graveyard; Tribute monsters from your field or hand whose total Levels equal or exceed the Level of a "Seraph" Ritual Monster in your hand and Ritual Summon that monster.

hallowed%20chant%20rebirth.jpg
When this card is activated: You can target 1 "Seraph" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target, but its effects on the field are negated. You can send this card you control to the Graveyard; Tribute monsters from your field or hand whose total Levels equal or exceed the Level of a "Seraph" Ritual Monster in your hand and Ritual Summon that monster.

hallowed%20chant%20brigade.jpg
When this card is activated: Special Summon 3 "Brigade Tokens" (Beast-Type/LIGHT/Level 2/ATK 0/DEF 0). While you control a "Brigade Token", cards and effects cannot be activated when a "Seraph" monster is Ritual Summoned. You can send this card you control to the Graveyard; Tribute monsters from your field or hand whose total Levels equal or exceed the Level of a "Seraph" Ritual Monster in your hand and Ritual Summon that monster.[/spoiler]

This is still in progress, which means new cards are still being added, so check back after a while to see new cards, or suggest new ones. smile.png

I love the idea. Ritual monsters don't see too much play and sets like these make me smile in the sheer fact that they are original and support a section of the game that is not overly and constantly abused. I am not too good at reviewing sets, for my attention span just doesn't last that long, but I can tell you right off what I like.

• You kept with a theme. That is incredibly important when making a set, because otherwise you are just making a bunch of cards that Special Summon monsters with a similar name. I love the theme here, for not only did you stick with it, but it keeps the feel of Ritual Monsters.
  • You did something original. Too my knowledge, there hasn't been a card in print that can be Ritual Summoned by a Trap Card...although I don't exactly keep up with the Ritual end of the game. But the fact that these 'Ritual' cards actually have a use outside of just Ritual summoning makes me like the set that much more.
  • The pictures seem to share a the same tone. It is hard to find pictures that sync up the way that you have them pictured in your mind, so creating a set with pictures that seem to relate is always a bonus.

I can't wait to see some more, especially more ritual monsters!

I love the idea. Ritual monsters don't see too much play and sets like these make me smile in the sheer fact that they are original and support a section of the game that is not overly and constantly abused. I am not too good at reviewing sets, for my attention span just doesn't last that long, but I can tell you right off what I like.

• You kept with a theme. That is incredibly important when making a set, because otherwise you are just making a bunch of cards that Special Summon monsters with a similar name. I love the theme here, for not only did you stick with it, but it keeps the feel of Ritual Monsters.
  • You did something original. Too my knowledge, there hasn't been a card in print that can be Ritual Summoned by a Trap Card...although I don't exactly keep up with the Ritual end of the game. But the fact that these 'Ritual' cards actually have a use outside of just Ritual summoning makes me like the set that much more.
  • The pictures seem to share a the same tone. It is hard to find pictures that sync up the way that you have them pictured in your mind, so creating a set with pictures that seem to relate is always a bonus.

Thanks for that bunch of compliments! lol I'm glad you like it and also thank you for the review. And check back later, new cards will come.

I will be following this too, Bleak, and half-heartedly agree with Renegade here. I may be back for a more detailed review later on, but Ritual monsters are often not played anymore simply due to the fact it costs a lot to bring them out. This set doesn't really do that, and that makes it loved by far for me. Will check back!

Archived