Photo

Sanctification through ritual - the Seraph archetype

- - - - - bleaknight full defense dwarves retribution hellspawn variabili ambush tribe riposte seraph

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Bleaknight

Bleaknight

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
    Last Visit Nov 21 2016 09:20 PM

Seraph

This is the Seraph archetype, an archetype that mixes Ritual Monsters with Continuous Spell/Trap Cards, inspired by the "Fire Formation" real cards.
Any constructive feedback is greatly accepted, please leave your opinion!

Monsters

Hallowed Chants

This is still in progress, which means new cards are still being added, so check back after a while to see new cards, or suggest new ones. smile.png

Check out my custom created archetypes - all of them have images and are very nicely-done and original.
Full Defense / Variabili / Ambush Tribe / Strife / Dwarves / Riposte /

Hellspawn / Retribution

Ren✧

Ren✧

Vintage

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,479 posts
    Last Visit

I love the idea. Ritual monsters don't see too much play and sets like these make me smile in the sheer fact that they are original and support a section of the game that is not overly and constantly abused. I am not too good at reviewing sets, for my attention span just doesn't last that long, but I can tell you right off what I like.

• You kept with a theme. That is incredibly important when making a set, because otherwise you are just making a bunch of cards that Special Summon monsters with a similar name. I love the theme here, for not only did you stick with it, but it keeps the feel of Ritual Monsters.
  • You did something original. Too my knowledge, there hasn't been a card in print that can be Ritual Summoned by a Trap Card...although I don't exactly keep up with the Ritual end of the game. But the fact that these 'Ritual' cards actually have a use outside of just Ritual summoning makes me like the set that much more.
  • The pictures seem to share a the same tone. It is hard to find pictures that sync up the way that you have them pictured in your mind, so creating a set with pictures that seem to relate is always a bonus.

I can't wait to see some more, especially more ritual monsters!

Posted Image

Bleaknight

Bleaknight

Advanced Member

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
    Last Visit Nov 21 2016 09:20 PM

I love the idea. Ritual monsters don't see too much play and sets like these make me smile in the sheer fact that they are original and support a section of the game that is not overly and constantly abused. I am not too good at reviewing sets, for my attention span just doesn't last that long, but I can tell you right off what I like.

• You kept with a theme. That is incredibly important when making a set, because otherwise you are just making a bunch of cards that Special Summon monsters with a similar name. I love the theme here, for not only did you stick with it, but it keeps the feel of Ritual Monsters.
  • You did something original. Too my knowledge, there hasn't been a card in print that can be Ritual Summoned by a Trap Card...although I don't exactly keep up with the Ritual end of the game. But the fact that these 'Ritual' cards actually have a use outside of just Ritual summoning makes me like the set that much more.
  • The pictures seem to share a the same tone. It is hard to find pictures that sync up the way that you have them pictured in your mind, so creating a set with pictures that seem to relate is always a bonus.

Thanks for that bunch of compliments! lol I'm glad you like it and also thank you for the review. And check back later, new cards will come.

Check out my custom created archetypes - all of them have images and are very nicely-done and original.
Full Defense / Variabili / Ambush Tribe / Strife / Dwarves / Riposte /

Hellspawn / Retribution

Veniet

Veniet

White Wind

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
    Last Visit Jun 08 2014 07:41 PM

I will be following this too, Bleak, and half-heartedly agree with Renegade here. I may be back for a more detailed review later on, but Ritual monsters are often not played anymore simply due to the fact it costs a lot to bring them out. This set doesn't really do that, and that makes it loved by far for me. Will check back!

"Those who are skilled in fighting do not become angered. Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win."

- Master Sleeping Dragon Zhuge Liang

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users