We don't have a official Infernity topic so I dub this thread le official Infernity topic.

|Introduction to Infernity|

Infernity are a archetype of (mostly) DARK Fiend-type Monsters first released in World Championship 2009: Stardust Accelerator's promo cards, with Archfiend, Guardian and Dwarf. Out of these 3 cards, only Archfiend would continue to see play on a massive scale, however, Guardian is still a fun tech card in the sideboard if wanted, and it has a few niche uses. Later, in Stardust Overdrive and The Shining Darkness, they would recieve a massive amount of support, turning them into a tier 1 deck in turn, and within a single format, their key go to spell card, Infernity Launcher was limited. It has not moved since. However, Infernity is still a very viable deck besides this. In the 5D's anime, they are played by Kiryu(Kalin). Their playstyle is very unique, being extremely risk and reward. Much like the rest of the archetype, it draws from wild west themes, and is a shoot-out-esque style of playing, revolving around having no hand(that's what it reminds me of, atleast). The deck recieved many indirect supports after The Shining Darkness, and a few direct support cards, however none of them have really changed the ideals of the deck as much as the indirect support have. The deck has extreme offense, combined with a good ability to play backrow, which when it gets started makes it extremely hard to stop. The deck is also famous for it's loop-esque combos(amongst other things).

Infernity decks are built on two ideals: How fast can I empty my hand? and How consistently can I go off on my combos? The first ideal is easily satisfied by playing a low monster count, generally below, or close to below 15, and filling in the other 25 cards with backrow cards. The second ideal is a variable really depending on which build you are playing, and really, how well you actually know the deck. Because you can test how consistent your combos are alone, solitare test every so often.

|Infernity: The Core|

300px-InfernityArchfiend-DT07-EN-DRPR-DT

When you draw this card (except during the Damage Step), if you have no other cards in your hand: You can reveal this card; Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card is Special Summoned: You can add 1 "Infernity" card from your Deck to your hand. You must have no cards in your hand to activate and to resolve this effect.

Hello there. Infernity Archfiend, better known as Infernity "Archfiend" AddYourWholeGodDamnDeckToHand, is the primary search card for the deck. Because, this works when special summoned by anything. Enjoy your nightmares. The stupidest thing about Archfiend is the fact that the more you use it, the easier it is to hit your other fiends. You will be summoning him from the Graveyard a lot through cards like Launcher, Necromancer, Reborn, CoTH and so on. For new Infernity players, remember this card is capable of searching both Infernity Barrier, and Infernity Launcher. Overall, the main searcher and consistency peice. The big monster of infernity that isn't a Synchro. Always run 3.

300px-InfernityNecromancer-DT04-EN-DNPR-

When this card is Normal Summoned, it is changed to Defense Position. If you have no cards in your hand, this card gains the following effect: Once per turn, you can select 1 "Infernity" monster in your Graveyard, except "Infernity Necromancer", and Special Summon it.

The second biggest monster in the deck and Archfiend's Partner in Crime. It may even be better than archfiend. Really, I shouldn't have to explain much. It's Monster effing Reborn on a Monster. What more do you want than a Searchable Monster Reborn? Run 3 always.

300px-InfernityLauncherTSHD-EN-SR-1E.png

Once per turn, you can send 1 "Infernity" monster from your hand to the Graveyard. If there are no cards in your hand, you can send this card to the Graveyard to select up to 2 "Infernity" monster(s) in your Graveyard and Special Summon them.

A double searchable Monster Reborn, perhaps? Yeah, it's Infernity Launcher. I shouldn't even need to talk about this card. Run the max number of allowed copies, all day, every day, all month, all year, until the end of time.

300px-InfernityBarrier-CT09-EN-SR-LE.png

When your opponent activates a Spell/Trap Card, or monster effect, while you control a face-up Attack Position "Infernity" monster and have no cards in your hand: Negate the activation, and if you do, destroy that card.

The last of the core cards that make Infernity what they are. This is quite arguably, the best Trap Card in YGO. Ever. While it's not generic and yes, it has an activation condition. Look at how good Solemn Judgment is. Then add support from one of the best archetypes ever, and being searchable, with no life point cost, and you have Barrier. As for how many you should run, I would jump in and say you should run 3 immediately, but I've seen many successful builds run 2. Some people like 2, others like 3. I like 3, you may like 2, but I'd say test 3 first.

|Infernity: The Other stuff|

300px-ArmageddonKnight-TU01-EN-R-UE.jpg

When this card is Summoned, you can send 1 DARK monster from your Deck to the Graveyard.

First of the two Monsters that assist you in getting Graveyard setup. Which one you play is dependant on your build and once again your preferences. AMK is seen more in Avenger than Beetle, while Grepher is seen in Beetle, I have seen Avengers running 1 of each, though. It's also used 1/1 with Grepher in the Xyz build.

300px-DarkGrepher-LCYW-EN-C-1E.jpg

You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by discarding 1 Level 5 or higher DARK monster. Once per turn: You can discard 1 DARK monster; send 1 DARK monster from your Deck to the Graveyard.

The other of the two. Take your pick. Run RoTA with them no matter how many copies you run, though.

300px-StygianStreetPatrol-CT08-EN-SR-LE.

When this card destroys a monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard; Inflict damage to your opponent equal to the Level of the destroyed monster in the Graveyard x 100. You can banish this card from your Graveyard; Special Summon 1 Fiend-Type monster with 2000 or less ATK from your hand.

A nice combo peice to extend combos, and start them without using your normal summon. Quite an intresting card if I do say. Run 1-2, you can always recycle it with leviair, by the way. I like 2 better now.

300px-TourGuideFromtheUnderworld-CT09-EN

Tour Guide has always been amazing, but in this deck it's a foolish burial for necromancer and a instant leviair, really stellar card, if I do say. However, I would only suggest running 1 because of Monster count, really.

300px-LeviairtheSeaDragon-CT09-EN-SR-LE.

Recurring banished monsters is cool, especially in combination with Infernity Break.

300px-LavalvalChain-DT07-EN-DUPR-DT.png

setup your graveyard or set up a archfiend top deck. Really what else could you want.

I'm aware the ending of that is lazy, I'll add more later but already this is really long for merely a deck discussion.

• 2 months later...

Does Infernity Fabled warrant a mention? I use Fabled Catsith with Snipe Hunter and Inferno to add some extra removal and allow BLS.

I want to rip out your jugular

Also, the Xyz Variant abuses Diawolf, Chain, and Key Beetle sooo well.

So I haven't played in a while. Sue me. It's better than getting charged for homicide.

Not playing in a while and suggesting a decktype that's made from two archetypes that work on exact OPPOSITE concepts are far and apart.

And I didn't mean literally, that much should've been obvious.

Archived