RWBY

I'm thinking the same thing as Shradow in terms of Yellow weapon. I don't think they'd go with all these unique weapons and then just limit one character to pistols. Seriously, you got sniper scythe, magical revolver style rapier, and then a machine pistol kusaragami. To just give Yellow some pistol would be...weird...

And Weiss is clearly Sleeping Beauty. Who the hell is saying otherwise? :I 

I could only really get interested in this because of the third trailer. At least it had dialogue, and considering they are trailers, the first 2 gave me the impression there would be none at all. The action looks really cool, but I wouldn't personally be interested in it if that's all I've seen.

It's been stated many times that the whole show isn't going to be just action. I should look for that post on the sit made by Miles (I think that's who it was) but that was months ago. Well it was basically him stating that the show isn't about action but more about people.

The first trailer was action because they had yet to gather up the voice actors or get the whole plot constructed yet. So when it was greenlighted Mounty pretty much started doing Mounty stuff right away and made the first trailer. I'm not too sure about the Weiss trailer though. Quite frankly, you could look at that as giving some sort of dialogue if the singer also turns out to be the voice actor. It's already implied it's her singing. The black trailer is only special in these regards because it's some minor interaction between two characters.

I dunno, I think Black is my least favorite trailer so far because of the dialogue. Not at the quality of the dialogue, just that it was there.

Oh, I agree completely. The music and how well it fit with the action were what made the other two trailers simply amazing. The music was pretty forgettable in this or at least for me at least.

Who wouldn't be xD

Though I've heard from people that Adam and Ruby may have something (mainly cause of the rose petals in their attacks). From my POV, I'd say they MAAAAAAY be brother and sister...mainly cause Adam's hair does hold some brown to it...but I've been known to be wrong about things ^^;

I was wondering if any sort of connection whatsoever would be from the person whose grave Ruby was at in the beginning of the trailer.

And a lot of people have brown hair. Hey, if there was a white haired guy then there'd probably be pretty good speculation to think there's some relation to Weiss.

WHAAAAAA?!

DANG YOU RWBY WIKI!!! YOU LIED TO ME!!! ;_________;

That's only speculation from other viewers so don't be surprised.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been stated many times that the whole show isn't going to be just action. I should look for that post on the sit made by Miles (I think that's who it was) but that was months ago. Well it was basically him stating that the show isn't about action but more about people.

The first trailer was action because they had yet to gather up the voice actors or get the whole plot constructed yet. So when it was greenlighted Mounty pretty much started doing Mounty stuff right away and made the first trailer. I'm not too sure about the Weiss trailer though. Quite frankly, you could look at that as giving some sort of dialogue if the singer also turns out to be the voice actor. It's already implied it's her singing. The black trailer is only special in these regards because it's some minor interaction between two characters.

I didn't really look into it because the first two trailers didn't interest me, so that's good to know. Mostly going off of what I saw. I'm sure I'll read more on TvTropes if I need some extra information, that seems to be pretty good for things like that for some reason. I will abmit those trailers looked cool, but I kind of remember forgetting more about things without dialogue, so like I said, good to know.

Seems good, Monty Oum is a genius. Yadda yadda yadda, I have said it already. White's trailer gives the idea of a rich bureaucrat, Black's trailer *Given the same insignia* would lead me to suggest that they are robbing a train belonging to White. I got nothing on Red Riding hood. As for the guns, I wonder if they are distinct based on the character.

*Red Riding Hood contains a Scythe and a Sniper Rifle. The Scythe being a signature of death, a Sniper rifle usually being a one hit kill.

*White having a Revolver and a Stiletto. The Revolver being a signature of power and limit. The same belonging to the Stiletto, as it is quite limited to the point but very deadly when used correctly.

*Black having a pistol and a side-back-blade. A pistol emphasizing agility and accommodation, and a side blade as a "For the moment" type of weapon.

That is all I got on all of this as I am still trying to piece things together myself.

Seems good, Monty Oum is a genius. Yadda yadda yadda, I have said it already. White's trailer gives the idea of a rich bureaucrat, Black's trailer *Given the same insignia* would lead me to suggest that they are robbing a train belonging to White. I got nothing on Red Riding hood. As for the guns, I wonder if they are distinct based on the character.

*Red Riding Hood contains a Scythe and a Sniper Rifle. The Scythe being a signature of death, a Sniper rifle usually being a one hit kill.

*White having a Revolver and a Stiletto. The Revolver being a signature of power and limit. The same belonging to the Stiletto, as it is quite limited to the point but very deadly when used correctly.

*Black having a pistol and a side-back-blade. A pistol emphasizing agility and accommodation, and a side blade as a "For the moment" type of weapon.

That is all I got on all of this as I am still trying to piece things together myself.

"Yellow beauty burns gold."

Looking more into it I realize I'm getting my fairly tales mixed up. I thought Snow White and the sleeping beauty were the same thing. Woops. Never actually seen Sleeping Beauty or looked into the tale so I guess I can't really discredit that possibility. Although, what does sleeping beauty have to do with gold? Question of curiosity mostly since that word, gold, MIGHT be more important. It does make me think of the tale of Kind Midas and how he turned his daughter into gold. And "gold" is in the name "Goldilocks."

I was kinda disappointed Black didn't end up with a giant, oversized arm cannon and a katana. 

Anyway, I thought I'd just say that even though the animation is damn outstanding and the music's pretty great, I have to say, people are glorifying it way too much sometimes. To be honest, I've seen several 3-D animations on Youtube on par with these. Or maybe I'm just ultra jealous that Touhou Movie MMD thing got way less views than RWBY. 

Really fluid action is my favorite aspect of the whole thing. It's on up there with Champloo and Bebop in that department.

:\ Not exactly. It's good. But it's not THAT good.

I could only really get interested in this because of the third trailer. At least it had dialogue, and considering they are trailers, the first 2 gave me the impression there would be none at all. The action looks really cool, but I wouldn't personally be interested in it if that's all I've seen.

I dunno, I think Black is my least favorite trailer so far because of the dialogue. Not at the quality of the dialogue, just that it was there.

I'm actually quite happy that there's dialogue.

Who wouldn't be xD

Me. That dialogue was okay and the VA job was exceedingly mediocre.

WHAAAAAA?!

DANG YOU RWBY WIKI!!! YOU LIED TO ME!!! ;_________;

I read what I just said off the RWBY Wiki just yesterday.

You do realize that part was only speculation, right?

Shouldn't the majority of stuff on that Wiki be speculation? How is there enough information to create a wikia for it?

The voice job could be a bit better, but it's not as bad as YouTubers are making it out as. They just expected a bit too much just cause it's RT, who had a history of good stuff. Does it really have to be perfect every time? >_> I actually thought Adam's voice was decent somewhat. Blake's even more so.

Except the VA job could be a lot better. Adam's was the worse of the two by far. Blake was still very mediocre.

Me. That dialogue was okay and the VA job was exceedingly mediocre.

They're just glad that it's there. Not that it's good. That's been stated. We all know this already from having watched it. They don't want just fight scenes though.

Shouldn't the majority of stuff on that Wiki be speculation? How is there enough information to create a wikia for it?

Of course it is. Didn't I already say that? Hell, didn't some guy say they changed something completely over night?

Except the VA job could be a lot better. Adam's was the worse of the two by far. Blake was still very mediocre.

I'm still sure that it's going to end up getting better simply over time.

Well, I am easy to impress.

Still, it's better stuff than I've seen in a while.

Why didn't they just hire you to be Adam? I'd be swooning all over.

• 2 months later...

Probably because no one was around to steal the spotlight from the main character.

Anyone else notice that her final three opponents had their colors based on the other three girls, and she took them down in their respective order?

I loved how the "yellow beauty burns gold" was shot to resemble that same moment from the Red trailer. In fact, I just loved how the majority of the song was a techno remix of the first three songs, plus a nice unique section at the end for Yang herself.

I honestly didn't like the Black trailer much at all. I thought at first it was the voice acting, but I liked the voice acting in Yellow. And I'm not talking about the quality of the voice acting, but the presence of it. But since that wasn't the reason for my dislike I guess I just didn't like it period.

Archived