This is what happens when I watch Yugioh GX on one monitor while 100%ing Sonic 3 & Knuckles on the other.

I THINK I took this upstep from Super Polymerization and made it sane, but I may need input. There is a chance I overcompensated.

VuP7ExB.jpg

You can only activate "Hyper Polymerization" once per Match. The activation and effect of this card cannot be negated. Cards and effects cannot be activated in response to this card's activation. Banish, from either side of the field,  your hand, or your Graveyard, monsters listed as Fusion Material on a Fusion Monster in your Extra Deck. Special Summon that Fusion Monster and equip it with this card. (This Special Summon is treated as a Fusion Summon.) While this card is an Equip card, the equipped monster cannot be targetted or destroyed by card effects.

Why would you try to one-up super poly? Super poly is broken and awful design, and this isn't any better. In fact, it's much worse due to it also functioning as a generic chain able miracle fusion. On top of that, since this card wasn't already broken enough, the summoned monster dodges card effects. Seriously? This card is piled on with design flaws, and should probably be scrapped altogether if not reconsidered from the principle.

It really makes no sense to be a Counter Trap. I understand it's to be Spell Speed 3, but the nature of Counter Traps is to respond to an action, not just to be Spell Speed 3 for the sake of being Spell Speed 3.

The fact nothing can chain to it, and it can't be negated makes its Counter Trap status even more meaningless. The only reason I can see it being a Counter Trap is so that you can activate it even in response to other Counter Traps like Solemn Judgment, or during the Damage Step (neither of which is logical for a card with this type of effect).

Being limited to once per match is pointless. Once per Duel, I could understand, but once per match is...just why?

Okay, no issue with the banishing of Fusion Materials. And then you make it an Equip Card that makes the Fusion untargetable and indestructible by card effects. Okay, but that makes it being a Counter Trap seem even WEIRDER than if it was a Normal Trap.

Revision 1:

[Continuous Trap]

You can only activate "Hyper Polymerization" once per Duel. The activation and effect of this card cannot be negated. Cards and effects cannot be activated in response to this card's activation. Pay half your Life Points: Banish, from either side of the field,  your hand, or your Graveyard, monsters listed as Fusion Material on a Fusion Monster in your Extra Deck. Those monsters cannot be removed from the Banish Zone for the rest of the Duel. Special Summon that Fusion Monster (This Special SUmmon is considered a Fusion Summon). If that monster leaves the field, banish this card. If this card leaves the field, banish the Fusion Monster Special Summoned by this card. You may not Summon other monsters the turn this card is activated.

EDIT: I love when the forum glitches and doesn't show the Quick Replies.

So you've added onto a badly designed card in a limited manner, to little improvement or effect. I understand that you're attempting to compensate for the fusion with the myriad of negative effects, but there is too much going on here. It pulls from too many places, the fact it's a trap is just irritating.

The fact it stays on the field = an easy MST. It's a mixture of Op'd and weak, which doesn't equate to a good card. It equates to a bad card that has been given a cheap balance. Halve life points, take from anywhere, banish, summon monster. That isn't a recipe for success.

First of all, edit your original post with new lore, not just make a new one.

CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable GoPhoto.it

I can't say I see much I like. MST negate it, and the art is painful on the eyes. Make it a Normal Trap card that kills the monster at the end of the turn or something.

• 4 weeks later...

This is what happens when I watch Yugioh GX on one monitor while 100%ing Sonic 3 & Knuckles on the other.

I THINK I took this upstep from Super Polymerization and made it sane, but I may need input. There is a chance I overcompensated.

VuP7ExB.jpg

You can only activate "Hyper Polymerization" once per Match. The activation and effect of this card cannot be negated. Cards and effects cannot be activated in response to this card's activation. Banish, from either side of the field,  your hand, or your Graveyard, monsters listed as Fusion Material on a Fusion Monster in your Extra Deck. Special Summon that Fusion Monster and equip it with this card. (This Special Summon is treated as a Fusion Summon.) While this card is an Equip card, the equipped monster cannot be targetted or destroyed by card effects.

1. Counter Traps ARE Spell Speed 3, but they are only used as negating or responding things.  Don`t make a card Spell Speed 3 just so it can be Spell Speed 3.

2. Fail fusioning. It can basically reach anywhere except from the Deck, making it already more broken that Super Poly.

3. The Fusion monster dodges all effects. That`s a +10000 to the broken-scale of this card (more points, more broken it is)

4. Once per Match is perfect, because of how broken it is.

If I could use your rating scale, I`d rate this -10 or even -11 (which might be Chaos Knickle, but idk.)

This is NOT the kind of thing we want in RC. I might get an admin to:

Move (to AoC.) Lock. Maybe ban.

1. Counter Traps ARE Spell Speed 3, but they are only used as negating or responding things.  Don`t make a card Spell Speed 3 just so it can be Spell Speed 3.

2. Fail fusioning. It can basically reach anywhere except from the Deck, making it already more broken that Super Poly.

3. The Fusion monster dodges all effects. That`s a +10000 to the broken-scale of this card (more points, more broken it is)

4. Once per Match is perfect, because of how broken it is.

If I could use your rating scale, I`d rate this -10 or even -11 (which might be Chaos Knickle, but idk.)

This is NOT the kind of thing we want in RC. I might get an admin to:

Move (to AoC.) Lock. Maybe ban.

Why did you bump a near month-old topic to say this? It was long dead anyway.

Archived