Gladiator Beast Seleucus

Stargenx

ZaENWal.jpg

Text reads:

3 "Gladiator Beast" monsters
This card can only be Special Summoned from your Extra Deck by returning the above cards you control to the Deck. (You do not use "Polymerization".)
If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing Battle Damage to your opponent.
At the end of the Battle Phase, if this card attacked or was attacked: You can shuffle it into the Extra Deck; Special Summon 2 "Gladiator Beast" monsters with different names from your Deck.

I've mained Gladiator Beasts for a long time now, and I am in love with the fluidity of the deck. However, one thing has always irked me: the lack of viable fusions that can tag out. We all know that Gyzarus can do it and is arguably the best Gladiator Beast fusion monster, however the other one, Gaiodiaz, is generally hard to summon and worthless.

So I made this card.

Gladiator Beast Seleucus, the sea snake. I wanted to give him reasonable attack so that he can run over typical beaters, but not so high that there is no use for Heraklinos anymore. One of the effects I originally considered was an attack boost for each Gladiator Beast monster on the field or graveyard, but I decided instead that he would gain his damage by piercing defense.

A key balance for me was that he tags out for only two Gladiator Beast monsters, and not three, which are required to make him. Also, they must have different names. The 'different names' restriction is to prevent things like double Darius while at the same time, it allows one to summon Gyzarus on the same turn if desired.

Any feedback is appreciated and I'd like to know what people think in terms of balance and viability.

The card image is something I found on Google Images, not sure where it comes from.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived