[PKMN]Tournament of Legends [PG-13/Started/Always Accepting]

Ren✧

15ho4ea.png

2qa44ko.png

GM Post: The Legend Begins

King Aurelius watched the coast of Archanum Island from his balcony. He realized it was really quite amazing that he could see the edge of the island from the peak of his home. Although not surprising, the castle was enormous and could probably be seen for miles. Boats began to pile up on the banks of the island and he even spotted a few trainers arriving by Pokemon. 

Turning, the king returned inside. Sleeping lazily by his throne was a rather large Absol, the intense training it had been through evident by its size. That, along with the scar across its right eye, was proof to the many battles it had seen. "Come, Absol." Upon hearing its master's voice, Absol instantly awoke, padding quickly to his master and falling in step right behind him. 

The king grabbed a large, white, royal cape that lay draped over the throne and his scepter that balanced against the large chair. He donned the accessories and with the large crown on his head he fit the part of 'king' perfectly. Too bad he didn't feel like one. Instead, he felt like a puppet. But, he learned that it didn't matter what he felt. He had to carry out orders, even if he couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel. 

The tournament was beginning.

[hr]

[spoiler=OOC]

Alright guys, we are kicking things off! :D

For Guardians/Trainers:

You are arriving on the island, either by boat, helicopter, Pokemon, etc. You are to make your way through the city of Archanum and to the castle courtyard. Flyers are posted all over the city with directions as well as instruction to be in the courtyard by noon, else the doors will close and you will be eliminated from the tournament before you even start.

Team Purity Members:

Giving you some freedom here. You can be safe in your laboratory or base, which by the way is found at the base of Mt. Coronet, or you can be infiltrating the tournament and looking for your prey. Just don't reveal yourself! Remember, if you don't decide to infiltrate the tournament now, you won't be able to become a participant in it later. 

[/spoiler]

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"We are now arriving on Archanum Island. Thank you for using 'Wailord Ferries'."

The captain's voice boomed from the intercoms. Most of the people were still trying to wake up from the sleep...but one passenger was awake, as he got himself ready for the arrival. Blake Aston fixed his fingerless gloves as he smirked, seeing the island from the porthole in his room.

Pokemon Re:Orchestrated ~ Red's Journey

So the time has arrived, Blake. Are you prepared for this great challenge? a voice from behind Blake said, as he turned seeing Cobalion, speaking to him telepathically.

"You wouldn't have chosen me if I wasn't, Cobalion." Blake said with a smirk, as he grabbed a Master Ball from his bed. "So...you'll just inform me on the presence of the Swords of Justice on the island?"

Cobalion gave a simple nod at Blake's question. That is correct. You see...we have a sort of bond that is easy to find. At least, between the four of us. When the time comes, I'll tell you that they are near.

"Alright then Cobalion. Anyway, for the time being, I'll put you back in here." With that, Cobalion was recalled into the Master Ball, putting it on his belt along with his other five Poke-balls. He grabbed his bag and looked into it, seeing it having four more Poke-balls in it. "Time to win this tourney and find the other three 'Swords of Justice' to make the group 'The Blades of Four'." Blake said to himself, as he began walking off the ferry, looking around the island. Truly, this trainer's new journey started on this island.

Clement smiled to himself as he stared out at the churning waters of the great lake Archanum, watching young Azurill bounce up from the water's surface, only to dive back in, while the parent Marill merely watched on, wary of the passing boats and watching for any injuries to their Azurill. Quagsire and Wooper lazed about on the rippling surface, lightly floating out of the way as the small boat pierced the water ahead of them. The lake's waters were so clear, Clement could see down to the bottom of the depths, at least at this point. He watched the occasionally flashing light of Chinchou & Lanturn, as the battled Lumineon for their food. The occasional Krabby wandered past the fight, not daring to take part.

As they approached the Island of Archanum, the variety in pokémon increased, as trainers from across Torus let their pokémon loose into the waters. Mantine, Dewgong & Lapras made up a large majority of the pokémon, though there were the occasional Kingdra or Vaporeon scattered about. Even his own Lumineon was among the crowd, floating besides his private boat.

Yes, a private boat. He's wealthy enough for it. Having his own boat meant it was a lot more peaceful, even as they approached the bustling island and its city. There was very little movement, for there were only three people on board; himself, the captain, and the firstmate. They approached the island slowly, allowing time for pokémon & trainers to move out of the way. The motor of the boat slowly started to die down, and as they drifted into the docks, Quilava approached Michael from behind, followed soon after by the first mate.

"We'll be docking in a few minutes." He said, rather monotone. Clement merely shrugged and waved him away, exclaiming that he "could tell that already." This resulted in the firstmate being slightly insulted, though he knew not to make a snappy retort, and merely wandered off steaming to himself. Clement sighed at this, and returned Lumineon to her pokéball. He then lowered himself enough so that he could place his arm on the deck, up which his Quilava ran so as to curl itself around Clement's neck. Clement himself then stood up straight and moved to disembark, jumping off the side of the boat and landing neatly onto the wooden docks, too impatient to wait for the gang plank.

Although he had alerted most of the people wandering about on the docks, at least the ones near his boat - in particular a young couple who he had landed in the middle of, resulting in a series of angry remarks from both - compared to the multitude of people arriving on exotic and powerful pokémon, he was rather inconspicuous.

He made his way through the bustling docks rather quickly, making his way towards the even thicker crowds of the marketplace. Luckily, he didn't really need anything, but he did feel like grabbing a pair of apples from a fruit stand, tossing one in the air to be caught by Quilava. As he filled his own stomach, he made his way through the crowds, barging his way through until he made it to the front of the crowd, finding himself a few metres away from the grand doors to the courtyard.

You ready for this? A voice echoed in his head, rather watery and grand. You should be prepared for anything; these aren't your regular trainers.

Clement chuckled at the voice of Suicune, waving away the concern. Dont worry, I'm not gonna let my guard down. But neither am I gonna be worried about every trainer. I can take care of myself. You just be on the look out for other Legendaries. Who knows, maybe your brothers are here. He didn't get a reply to that, but felt a mild growl in his mind. Seemed like Suicune wasn't quite in the mood for a family reunion.

Meanwhile, approximately 2,000 feet above the main cruise liners, a lone airplane was flying towards Archanum Island at a relatively fast pace. Inside, it seemed rather quiet; apart from the sound of the motor running on the plane itself. The pilot was merely focusing on keeping a steady path, but the girl inside, Terra Montana, had completely different issues in mind. She'd been fighting Team Purity for the past 5 years now, as well as the odd arrogant trainer that thought he'd always have the upper hand, and now all of a sudden, she was suggested to enter this brand spanking new tournament. Terra didn't know what to make of it; all she was thinking about right now was how long this flight was going to take. She could worry about everything else later... or so she supposed.

"Um... excuse me, sir?" Terra asked the pilot, "How much further do we have to go?"

"Approximately 16 miles," answered the pilot, "Of course, we still need to find the runway and ensure it's free, but... should be no longer than 5 minutes altogether."

"OK, thank you," replied Terra, before she looked down at one of the cruise liners. Terra would've loved to be able to travel on one of them, but that meant that Dugtrio would be bored out of its skull in waiting for her to arrive, whilst she had all the fun; and Terra couldn't live with herself being responsible for that sort of thing. Still, she couldn't wait for the plane to finally land, so that she could be reunited with her loveable Mole Pokemon.

2cnck20.png

Serena Finch

Serena started up the motor to her bike. The motor purred like a dangerous tiger, it made Serena's hair stand on end. She loved that sound, she loved the way her bike felt under her. It made her feel powerful, strong, and confident. As soon as the large ferry docked, she revved the engines and shot off. She weaved through startled passengers and angry crewmen. Before the unloading platform could even be completely lowered Serena gunned her engines and got some serious air time leaving the boat. "Heads up!" She called down, her bike quickly approaching some unsuspecting trainers from above. With a few startled screams, everyone cleared out of the way and Serena stuck the landing, definitely making the largest appearance thus far. "Hello everyone. Your champion has arrived!" Serena called to everyone around her. She got a few laughs, but mostly dark stares. She turned her attention to one gentlemen dressed only in a pair of swim trunks and what seemed to be a Sharpedo tooth necklace. Truth be told he was actually quite attractive, especially with his shirt off. Serena's face grew red with infatuation for a moment but she was quickly reminded as to why she had singled him out.

The young man was muttering to the girl beside him, undoubtedly saying something about Serena. Serena called him out, "Hey, yo pretty boy. You got something to say? Why don't you say it to everybody." Serena turned her engine off and threw down her kick stand. Dismounting, she stomped her way over to the boy, sticking her finger in his face. "Look, I don't want any trouble." He said, raising his arms to show he meant no harm, his face turning crimson as all the attention of the nearby people were suddenly turned to him. "That's too bad. Because trouble is my middle name...well actually its Anne, but you get the point. I challenge you to a Pokemon battle, let's settle this here and now." 

"Look, chick. You're crazy. I'm not having a battle with you right now. The tournament hasn't even started." Serena sneered at him. After a moment's pause she slapped him across the face, causing the crowd to gasp, and then quickly got back on her motorcycle and sped off. "I think that went nicely."

Kaeden stepped off the ferry taking in the sights and the smells. He was finally here. On the island of Archanum. It had taken a lot of work, but he was well on his way to achieving his dream. To be a master. He was still admiring the scene when he heard the gun of an engine and a shadow passed overhead. A motorcycle had literally just flown over him. He watched it arc downwards, hitting the ground and skidding to the stop. "Woah!" He exclaimed, obviously impressed by the daring display. 

He watched the scene unfold as a dangerous looking girl stepped off the motorcycle and began to attack some guy. After slapping him, she sped off. "So...cool..." A smile spread across his face as he ran after the girl on the motorcycle, eager to find out more about her. After a few steps, he realized he would never catch up with the fiery girl on foot. Grabbing a Pokeball from his belt, he threw it up in the air. "Let's go! Keldeo!" In a flash of white light a blue and red, horse-like Pokemon appeared before him. "Let's go get her!" Keldeo encouraged. Kaeden flashed a smile and hopped on the Pokemon's back. The two set off in a speedy gallop, eager to reach the courtyard as well as make some new friends.

As Lukas flew over the lake, he patted on His Togekiss on the back. He was excited and apprehensive. On top of that, he was extremely happy. He thought that he had found his first lead to finding Rebecca, and he was ready to find her. He would do whatever it took, at any cost, to find her. Land started to come into view. "Tog, toge." He said to Togekiss, telling her to land on clearing I. He trees. Togekiss swooped down at high speeds, then landed. He was about a quarter mile away from the entry facilities. He let his Pokemon go, and they all started to run towards the facility. He got some looks on the way there, looks that told him to contain his Pokemon, but he ignored them. He ran up to the lady at the desk, panting. "I would, like to, check in, for the tournament." He said breathing heavily. The woman went into the facility, then came back out, holding a license, with his face already on the card. The face had its mouth half open. "Wah..... okay, thank you." He said to the woman, walking back into the forest.

Rebecca walked up to the lady at the desk, watching as a boy with tons of Pokemon with him walked away. She spoke into her mike. "Major, I'm about to infiltrate the tournament." She walked up to the woman grim faced, and had her photo taken. She then took her card, and walked out of hearing range. "I'm in."

Ice lay in her bed on the cruise ship sleeping, it was obvious from the fact that the blue girl tossed and turned that it was anything but peaceful. In her dream Ice saw a younger version of herself, and the boy, whose face she couldn’t see, she could never see it when she had these dreams. They were curled together in what Ice remembered to be her Academy dorm room. Yes, she remembered this vividly; this is when she’d admitted her love for him.

“****-kun, please don’t let me go. I want to be with you,” the younger Ice said. Meanwhile the older Ice squeezed her eyes shut, wanting to cry out. It caused her physical pain that she couldn’t hear his name. Whenever she had this dream it was like watching a video, and whenever her younger self said his name it was like the volume was muted. In her frustration Ice pressed her nail against her skin; it drew blood.

“It’s okay Ice-chan. You know you’re safe with me,” the boy replied sweetly.

“Yes,” her younger self smiled up at him leaning her head against his chest.

That’s when the dream took a turn for the worst, the room went black, and cold metal clamped down on her wrists. When she able to see again Ice was clamped to an operating table Dr. Elias standing in front of her.

“Shaela, it’s time for you to get to work. Don’t fail daddy,” the doctor said chuckling. The clamps released dropping Ice into a trap door and another dark room, which also brightened to reveal a Kangaskhan. The Pokemon roared, and Ice could sense its agitation as it charged, but could do nothing to sooth it. As it neared her the Kangaskhan swung it arm and socked Ice in the stomach sending her flying across the room.

Sensing her charges uneasy dream Cresselia popped out of its Pokeball, and floated over to Ice’s bedside. Using her power Cresselia slowly pulled Ice of the nightmare.

Gasping Ice put her head to sweaty forehead and began crying bringing herself to fetal position. “Oh god, Cresselia it was horrible! H-h-he had me again, a-a-a-and he he tried torturing me again-” before finishing her sentence Ice broke down into hysterics.

“Dear, calm yourself, or you’ll pass out,” Cresselia spoke soothingly, “don’t worry I’ll make sure he can’t hurt you again.” As she spoke the words, she could sense her charge slowly calming, the flow of tears slowing. “Look at the bright side, maybe the boy you’ve been searching for will be here.”

“We have now docked at Archanum Island. We have hoped you enjoyed your time with us at ‘Lapras Cruises’ and hope to see you again,” the captain said over the intercom before Ice could respond. Placing her bag over shoulder Ice picked her bags up before returning Cresselia to her Pokeball.

Keeping her head down Ice was startled as a girl on a motorbike drove past her, and jumped back a little. “I-I should probably get registered first before checking in at the hotel,” Ice murmured to herself.

~~~

At the registration office Ice was just leaving when a man and his Pokemon charged through. All the action made the blue haired girl increasingly nervous, and wanting to avoid attention she quickly walked out of the registration office in the direction of her hotel.

-----

Meanwhile Dr. Elias positioned one of Moira’s drones to watch Ice, “Oh my little ice queen, did you really think you could escape me?” The doctor chuckled maliciously thinking of the all the tortures he would put the girl through once he got a hold of her.  The girl had evaded him for the last time, and if she wasn’t so important to his research he would have killed her by now.

Elias chuckled; when he his New Order came about she would be of no use anymore. Not with all the other psychics around. No, then he would very much enjoy killing her.

Moira looked up from the console she sat behind at Elias’ monitor. “You’re using one of my drones,” Moira said monotone.

“Yes, in here your my subordinate, and your toys are mine,” Elias said in an offhanded manner, “Now what do you want, a cookie?” Moira just rolled her eyes, and returned to her console working a program to locate the Legendary Pokemon.  

Silver:

Riding through the turbulating winds on top of his Salamence, Silver was closing in on Archanum Island. There are a couple of reasons Silver chose Air-Salamence, that he named himself as his means of travel, for example he missed the ferry to Archanum and that if he went on his Feraligatr, he might not have known what was lurking in the lake as he had not properly explored or researched that part of Totus, thus he chose his primary source of transport, Salamence as he thought that it might be the safest and speedy option.

"We'll soon be there Salamence, the elimination rounds of the tournament of legends." Silver said to his Salamence as a group of Finneon leapt from the waters, only to recede back into the waters a few seconds later. He then checked his Pokegear to see how far away he was from Archanum Island. "Almost there, we'll start our descent very shortly."

Before starting to descend, Silver leaned forward to grasp onto Salamence's neck as he could run the risk of having an accident. He visualised how he was to make his entrance upon reaching land. Whilst descending, Celebi spoke to Silver through telepathy,

"Please be careful, my protector."

Silver sensed this, and reassured Celebi, "Don't worry, I've done this many times, I know what I am doing." Once he had reached the optimum altitude, Silver noticed land on the horizon, he then prepared to get up, ready to get off Salamence. A few moments later, Silver had reached a safe distance to jump off, and this was the entrance he had visualised. "KIIYAHHH!!!" Silver jumped off and as he hit land, he performed a somersalt and got off, rubbing the dirt off, and recalling Salamence to his pokeball.

On the way to the castle courtyard that the invitation said he needed to go, Silver started to see other trainers also walking up to the Castle, but he didn't concern himself with them at this moment in time. Stopping for a brief moment, Silver got out Feraligatr's pokeball and he said. "It's time my old friend, let's do this thing." He then looked to the skies before continuing walking towards to the courtyard.

Alex:

Also up in the skies was Alex Fubushi, riding on his Hydreigon which is his preferred method of transport given the fact that he was not a big fan of ferries as he has sea-sickness from time to time. "Ok Hydreigon, we're nearly there. I'll give you the signal to descend when the time is right." As the island was slowly coming into view, a group of Remoraid surfaced from the water and prepared to create a pair of Water Gun arches to welcome the competitors. "Now that is a beautiful sight." Alex thought as he was about to give the signal to his Hydreigon.

When he was about 200m away from the island, Alex gave the signal for descent. "Descend Hydreigon!" Hydreigon turned to Alex, gave a resounding nod and started to make a slow but safe descent and when they hit land, Alex congratulated Hydreigon and returned him to his pokeball. "The tournament of legends is here, and I'm in it to win it." Alex looked up to the castle courtyard and started to make his way over there.

Steve:

Steve made his way to the R&D department to finish work on his super strength smoke bomb which is said to be as powerful as many Weezing's Smokescreens combined with the power of Vileplume's Stun Spore. The sign on the door to his lab warns everyone to not disturb him otherwise it would end up as a disaster. "Whoever ends up on the receiving end won't know what hit them." Steve chuckled as he sat at his desk to complete the work.

Jackson (Trainer):

"Hey, this guy... is he actually in the tournament?"

"No way, man! Look how old he is!"

"He should be in a clinic, not a ship!"

These murmurs from a group of young passengers, thankfully, too low for the retired captain's ears to catch. Jackson was leaning back on a reclining chair on the deck, stroking the Wingull which was perched on his lap while grumbling to himself.

"They call this plastic heap a ship! Pah! In my day, this wouldn't even have passed for a fishing boat!"

In truth, there was nothing wrong with the modern cruiser, which was designed for luxury transportation, providing many facilities for humans and Pokemon alike. Jackson just didn't like travelling in it. He would have much preferred to ride on the back of one of his Pokemon... much as he didn't like to admit it, though, his back wasn't what it used to be. As he was making his way into the ship, one of the female attendants had politely asked him if he needed help. Him! Help! He was scaling masts in the middle of storms since he could remember himself, and now he had a girl asking him if he needed help!

The ship slowly drew into the harbor, settling in besides the other transportation vehicles. Jackson stared at the various Trainers who had arrived on top of their Pokemon, a sense of longing tugging at his heart. He had considered not coming. His time had come and gone, and he knew as well as anyone that there was only so much you could beat a dead horse. But something had drawn him here.

Being old had its perks - a few of them. People made way for him to pass, so he was actually one of the first to climb down onto Archanum island. The city had a decent feel to it. Somehow quaint, even though it was younger than he was. He didn't feel the need to go sightseeing - it was unlikely that this place had anything to offer for someone who had practically

travelled the whole world, before and after the Merge. He wove his way through the gawking crowds, reaching the courtyard gates long before the appointed time. His Wingull, which had now nestled on top of his right shoulder, gave a soft cry.Jackson frowned. Wingull would usually keep quiet, unless she felt threatened, or something was amiss. He had that feeling too. The same, foreboding sense of travelling in unexplored waters, where any sort of danger might lurk in the black, murky depths...

"Ah, well." He shrugged, displaying his invitation. "Whatever comes, it won't be the first storm we've weathered."

-----

Rivere (Guardian):

Are you sure you want to come? I don't think there's any need for you to be here.

No, I think it's important that I come with you this time. Virizion whispered in Rivere's mind. Rather than take one of the many ships that led to the island, Rivere had opted to ride her Tropius, preferring the relative solitude of the skies. Virizion had insisted on travelling with her. The legendary Pokemon had said that, even though it could join Rivere at any time, they would attract less attention if it were to tag along sealed in its Pokeball, which was a fair point. However, Rivere didn't understand why Virizion felt the need to be here. This was a tournament, which Rivere had not had much interest in originally, but some of her more battle-ready Pokemon had coaxed her into entering, which resulted in her making it to the final rounds. There didn't seem to be anything to warrant Virizion's attention here, and Rivere would not, of course, use the powerful Pokemon in a tournament battle.

Don't let your guard down. Virizion, like, allegedly, many of Pokemon of legends, had the ability to speak telepathetically, which was very convenient in times like this. It might be nothing... but I don't want to take any chances. This world is unstable, perilous - anything that might threaten the safety of humans or Pokemon needs to be dealt with immediately. This tournament is the perfect setup for such a scheme.

"Got it." Rivere muttered out loud. Tropius purred in agreement. The trainer absently stroked the floral Pokemon's neck as it soared across the sky. From that height, the view was magnificent - the tranquil blue of the ocean coalescing into the island-city's shores. Rivere could see a swarm of ships and smaller boats making their way to the harbor, framed by dozens of aquatic Pokemon, either carrying their trainers or accompanying the ships. Occasionally a trainer on a flying Pokemon would sweep by, sometimes waving a greeting. It was wondrous how many different kinds of Pokemon had gathered. Trainers from all over the world had assembled to compete.

"Land there." Rivere pointed at an area that seemed to have been designated for flying Pokemon to land in, a little outside the city. Tropius spread its wings, reducing its speed and lowering its altitude, gracefully touching the ground. Rivere hopped off, thanking the loyal Pokemon by stroking its head before recalling it into its Pokeball.

"Now then, let's see." She looked around. Just by looking, she could tell that there were a lot of strong trainers here. She didn't recognize any, but then again she had never had much interest in competitions. The Pokemon that surrounded her also looked impressive - most were larger than average, and they all seemed quite ferocious and determined.

Tugging her scarf tightly around her neck, Rivere began walking towards the designated area. She felt Virizion shift inside its Pokeball, as if something had attracted its attention, but the Pokemon did not talk to her. Following the crowd, she soon found herself near the courtyard that had been mentioned in the invitation.

Blake had gotten a good distance from the ferry to where he was now, just a few more miles from the courtyard and the registration. He paused, as he grabbed a Pokeball, and tossing it into the air. "Arcanine! Time to go!" he said, as the Pokeball opened, releasing his Arcanine with a loud howl. Blake hopped onto Arcanine and rubbed his ears. "Arcanine, need Extreme Speed. Gotta get to the courtyard quickly!" he said, petting Arcanine's head as he was given a small nod. He quickly held on, as Arcanine...WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!!!

A blur of orange, black, and white rushed through most of the island....until it stopped at the courtyard. Blake jumped off, a bit shaken up from the quick run. He shook his head and smiled at Arcanine. "Good work Arcanine! Now get some rest." he said, recalling his Arcanine to the Pokeball. Now...time to hurry up and register... Blake thought, as he walked toward the register's office.

The airplane finally came to land on the runway, which was thankfully close to the registration office. All Terra needed to do was make a brisk walk, or a run as Terra preferred to do, and she'd be the first to register... or so she'd thought. Regardless, the pilot shut the engine off on the plane.

"Well, here we are," the pilot announced, "Registration office should be half a mile to the East,"

"OK, thanks for that," Terra stated, "Well, I better get going. I'll see you soon, OK?"

The pilot nodded before taking off again, and Terra set off with a jog, before suddenly making a full-on sprint. At her side, Dugtrio had popped up, and was now travelling with her, easily keeping up with her despite her running as fast as she possibly could.

"Oh, hey Dugtrio!" Terra greeted warmly, "Did you enjoy waiting for me?"

"Dugtrio."

"Good, now we'll both be the first to..." Terra stopped, only to see that someone was already there at the registration office, "Awe, come on!"

However, Dugtrio wasn't the only one of Terra's Pokemon to reveal itself to her. Terrakion, who had been residing inside her lone Ultra Ball, had materialized out of his own accord. Normally this meant he wanted to fight or conserve with Terra, but first he decided to study this other person.

"This young man..." the Rock-type Musketeer mused, "I sense he could be one of them,"

'One of who?' Terra wondered.

"The Blades of Justice that I was telling you about," Terrakion told her, "Though I suspect we need all four of us if we are to thwart Team Purity in its entirety."

'Hmm, true,' Terra sighed, and approached the young man, "Hi, I suppose you're here for the tournament, right?"

2cnck20.png

Serena Finch

Serena sped through the hoards of people, swerving and skidding. She earned herself quite a few ugly looks and more than few hand gestures. She didn't care though. Speed was her friend, tearing her away from any confrontation that might get her into trouble. Still, she made sure to mentally cuss out anyone that dare raise the finger at her. Reaching registration, Serena pulled to a stop. Despite her speed, it would appear that she was not the first one there. "Better luck next time," She muttered to herself.

Making her way to the registration desk, she handed over her PokeDex and invitation, verifying that she had in fact progressed to this round in the tournament. Having been officially accepted, she continued on her way into the large courtyard that welcomed her. Serena looked up at the large castle the stood proud and tall in front of her. She whistled. "Nice place! Be a shame if something happened to it." She said mischievously, chuckling to herself.

2qia1zk.png

Rook Tacitus

Rook sat lazily atop Aerodactyl as she gently coasted in circles around the large castle. Rook couldn't help but laugh a little. He tried to imagine himself as the hero in a fairytale, riding atop his majestic dragon as he flew into battle against the forces of evil. The idea was laughable...but somehow fitting. It is more true than you think. There it was. The voice. The voice of the past. Of the future. Of the present. Of the voice that echoed throughout all of time and Rook was forced to keep it to himself. "What do you mean?" Rook asked, but as usual, there was no response. Muttering grumpily to himself, Rook sat up. "Let's go register, girl." Rook said to Aerodactyl, who responded with a high pitch screech. 

The two quickly landed, Aerodactyl clearing the ground with her massive wing beats. Jumping off the prehistoric Pokemon, Rook returned her to her Pokeball. Walking up to the registration desk, Rook felt something stir in his mind. He thought at first it might be Dialga again, offering another cryptic statement, but the feeling passed. "What was that?" Rook thought to himself. "Sir, can I help you?" Having been distracted, Rook hadn't realized he had made it to the front of the line. "Yeah, I'm here to regi-," A sudden pain ripped through Rook's head. He let out a strangled gasp. Images flashed before his eyes. Fire. Lightning. Screaming. And then it was over. "Sir, are you alright?" The woman at the registration desk asked, concern evident on her face. "Yeah, sorry. Just a...headache." 

29enmtt.png

Kallen Colverson

Kallen nimbly weaved his way through the throngs of people exiting the ferry. After bumping into somebody he would offer a quick 'I'm sorry' and scurry away. He hadn't expected so many people to be here. This was just crazy. Maybe he should just go home. It was impressive that he had made it this far, no one would make fun of him for backing out now right? "Mew." The single word appeared in his mind, reminding him why he was truly there. "Right, sorry." Kallen whispered. 

Continuing his way off the boat, he caught sight of a girl with bright blue hair. He felt a connection to her. Kallen was slightly taken aback. Never before had he felt this connection with anyone besides Mew. Could this woman have psychic powers as well? Kallen followed the girl, keeping his distance but still keeping her in sight. After registering, he built up his courage and walked over to the girl. "Hi, I'm Kallen." 

Ice yelped when she heard the voice behind her, and nearly passed out because her heart was beating so fast. Turning around she realized it was only a boy who’d come up behind her. Ice blinked several times, assessing the boy looking him up and down. Could he be the one I’m looking for, she thought, no he can’t be wouldn’t he recognize me… and besides he’s too young.

“Oh, umm… m-my name is, well, uhh… Ice,” she offered realizing that she had been staring at the boy. “So, have you registered yet?” Ice asked trying to make some sort of effort at starting some kind of conversation.

If Kallen look closely he could see that Ice was actually shaking just a little, but it wasn’t a reaction she could control. The reaction was natural to her, as she could hardly ever keep still for fear someone might catch her and take her away. It gave her the look of a scared rabbit, which if you thought about it she kind of was… a rabbit running from the world.  

29enmtt.png

Kallen Colverson

"Yeah, just did." Kallen said. He felt strangely at calm with this girl. Ever since he had started his journey he had been afraid of his own shadow, but this girl was different. She seemed to be more afraid than he was. "Ice? That's a cool name. Never heard of anyone being named Ice. Your hair is really cool." Kallen said, holding out his hand. An image flashed through his mind. An image of a swan-like Pokemon with crescent moons on the sides of its head. The image quickly faded, a gift from Mew no doubt. "I know this is kinda presumptuous, but have you ever met a Legendary Pokemon?" 

Kaeden galloped into the castle's courtyard, letting out a whoop of excitement as Keldeo reared up on his hind legs as he came to a stop. "Woah!" Kaeden said, hopping off the Pokemon's back. "Too fast for you?" Keldeo teased. "You kidding, I could barely tell we were moving." Kaeden shot back. The two laughed, admiring their own wit. "So where do you think that biker girl sped off to?" "Do it matter? You wouldn't talk to her anyway." Kaeden's face grew red at Keldeo's comment.

"I would too!" Kaeden protested, his face turning a bright crimson. "Nu-uh." A smile appeared on Keldeo's face as his friend's face turned the color of an apple. "Whatever." Kaeden said in a huff. He turned his back on Keldeo, searching the crowd for the biker girl. But, she was unfortunately unfound. "Wonder where she got off to." Before he had a chance to wonder any longer, his pocket began to vibrate. Grabbing his Portal PokeStation from his pocket, Kaeden looked at the screen. It read:

You have been challenged by Techno-King

Accept / Decline

Kaeden bit the inside of his lip, thinking. He had heard of this guy. Techno-King was supposed to be pretty good at Pocket Monsters, an online virtual Pokemon Battling game, and the fact that Kaeden had attracted his attention made him proud, but he doubted that this was the time to be accepting a challenging. Instead of choosing one or the other, he sent a message to his potential opponent. Simply saying: Later.

Alex:

Noticing the hoardes of people arriving on the island, Alex didn't want to hang around just in case he misses the deadline, thus he got out a pokeball containing Houndoom. "Ok girl, I need you to come out." The pokeball had released the Dark pokemon and Alex proceeded to get on top of her. "Ok girl, to the registration office! ...Excuse me coming through."

Racing like a blur, he eventually reached the registration office where many trainers have gathered to register for the tournament. As he walked up to the attendant, he got out his pokedex and invitation as confirmation of entry. "I'm here to register for the tournament." The attendant typed the details onto her computer after receiving Alex's pokedex, and after all that was done, Alex was accepted and he made his way to the courtyard.

Silver:
As he made his way towards the registration office to register for the tournament, Silver was feeling a bit uneasy. Having the burden of protecting a legendary pokemon meant that he extra responsibilities, but he knew that he wasn't to worry about it at the moment or broadcast it to everyone.

"My protector is something troubling you?" Celebi said through telepathy sensing concern. "It's nothing, I'm just overreacting without making a scene about it." Silver replied hiding in the alleyway trying to be careful.

As he got to the registration office, Silver had been waiting in line for several minutes, so to pass the time, he wanted to eye his competition, but even that sounded boring as he figured it'd be pointless to do so. Several minutes later, Silver was at the front of the queue and he walked over to the attendee to register for the tournament, handing her his pokedex and invitation as proof of entry. "Everything seems to be in order, good luck Mr. Yuja." The attendant said as she awaited the next entrant and Silver started to make his way to the courtyard, debating whether he should do so in style.

ONE PAINFUL WAITING FOR REGISTRATION LATER!

Well...that took longer than expected...wouldn't you agree, Blake? Cobalion's voice rang in Blake's ears as he finished registration.

Yeah it did...just glad we're finally out of there. THAT and that we're in the courtyard, which means once they start this thing off...we can relax in the little suite they got for us. Blake thought, with a chuckle, as he walked out with his hands in his pocket. The biggest tournament that was ever thought up, even bigger than the Pokemon Leagues...this was truly the big times. If Blake wasn't really on a mission, he be acting like a kid in a Pokemon Daycare. Don't worry though, Cobalion...I've still got the mission in mind.

Cobalion could be heard scoffing a bit, as he chuckled some. Really? Let's just hope so...cause the fate of all Legendary Pokemon will rely on finding the other Swords of Justice...as well as making sure no one tries to obtain the Legendaries...

After this, the two remained silent, as Blake stood underneath a tree and just waited for the tournament to officially begin.

Ice instinctually moved back from Kallen when he extended his hand she felt bad about, but she just couldn’t let people near her it was a physical impossibility. She’d only let one person willingly touch her, and he was long since gone from her life. Even now talking to him like two normal people would she felt uncomfortable. Shifting her right bangs, which were longer than the bangs on her left side, over so it now completely covered her right eye. It was her form of defense much like how animals use camouflage.

“T-thank you,” Ice replied, “most people think I’m weird.” She had a wistful smile on her face. She was a freak accepted and wanted by nobody, not even her parents. Then she registered what the boy had just asked about a legendary Pokemon, and Ice’s eyes widened for just a moment.

“No.” The sentence was simple, final, emotionless; maybe a little cold. Immediately she regretted it, “Oh I’m sorry. That was mean it’s just well… I uhhh… well I don’t want to talk about it. Anyway we should probably get to the courtyard, or we’ll be disqualified.” Ice decided she could drop her bags off later.

Darkness. Doom. Hopelessness. Despair.

Everything collapsing, the whole continent breaking apart once more and the sounds of people screaming as a bright light in the sky enveloped the world. But the hope it gave was misleading, as instead of salvation, what it gave was utter destruction. Cracks formed in the very core of the world, and the only survivor watched from the sky as everything around him was being destroyed by Judgment, pure Judgment. The screams of Pokemon and humanity alike blended together and filled the air, even though they had already died. Souls. Death. But then he realized that there was still one other survivor, somewhere on the ground. He commanded his Charizard to dive down, regardless of the consequences, and tried his best to reach her- wait, he recognized her, though she looked a little older. It was Ice. Screaming out her name, he reached out an arm, but was too late. A beam of light destroyed the entire island she stood upon. And that was when he realized - there had never been any hope for humanity. The only thing left was to perish-

A gust of wind from Swellow's wing threw Areo out of his bed, and he hit the floor head-on. He woke up.

"T- thank you." He said, shaking his head. Another nightmare. They were only getting worse.

-A few hours later-

M83 - We Own The Sky

Areo soared over the skies on top of a Charizard, fearlessly. Having adventured for the past many years, it was hard to imagine moving across the globe without Pokemon. He had no idea why anyone would choose airplanes or boats over the thrill of riding Pokemon. Since he was too far up, he doubted anyone would see him as anything other than a little red cloud - but that would quickly change once they dived down at an incredible velocity. A thousand times better than a rollercoaster, and he held onto the dragon tightly as they approached the ground. Right as they were about to land, Charizard halted mid-flight above Archanum Island.

Even though they were still several stories above, he fearlessly jumped off. Maybe some others were staring up at him like he was crazy, since he would kill himself from that height, but he revealed a Pokeball by his hand and in a flash of light, a Swellow had materialized right above his falling body, and its claws gripped onto his hands- no, the angle was too wrong, so it grabbed his right foot instead.

Despite this awkward final descent, he didn't care, and just as Swellow dropped him from a safer distance, he performed a backflip in midair and landed on the ground, on his feet. He certainly appeared to be aerobatic.

If ever there was a challenge greater than the Pokemon League, this was it.

Throwing both of his Pokeballs up into the air, both Charizard and Swellow returned back into them, and he calmly strode towards the castle itself, as the invitation was directing him to. His nightmares had been more numerous, many of them now involving Ice, but he couldn't let it hinder him. If anything, maybe this was a clue to finding her... Arriving at the registration office, he smiled as he took out his Pokedex and invitation as confirmation of his participation.

"Hi. My name is Areo Skyterae."

Once everything was done, and hopefully they didn't suddenly decide to disqualify him for his past, he made his way to the courtyard. Everything seemed to be absolutely alright.

----

N.N. calmly strode through everyone, going so far as to push others out of the way.

He had a blank expression on his face, and didn't seem to care that he was wearing a black crown and the outfit of a prince in front of everyone. The first impression one would get is that he was probably some distant ruler, as he didn't really bother to disguise himself among these inferior humans. To them, maybe he was just insane, or maybe he was a serious cosplayer-actor. Whatever the case, he was acting like a jerk to the rest.

In direct contrast to his attitude, a Pikachu stood on top of his shoulder and happily waved at all the trainers. Somehow, these two beings managed to coexist in harmony.

He stopped just as he saw two humans chat together, one of them with a strange hair color - purple. It was probably just dyed, but something about her intrigued him. Maybe it was the familiar presence of an old acquiantance - but whoever it was, they refused to show themselves in front of him. He listened in on their conversation for a bit while disregarding everyone else, and raised his eyebrows at the mention of a Legendary Pokemon. How strange to pick that as a topic.

"The girl is right." N.N said sternly as Ice finished, interrupting their conversation. Then he turned to walk away. "There isn't much time left on the clock."

"Pika!" His Pikachu greeted them, waving, and not minding its trainer's attitude at all. It was saying 'hello'.

Clement Calvinson

Clement sighed and stared up at the grand doors to the courtyard once more, before turning to his left, where the majority of trainers seemed to be heading. Apparently, the massive doors before him were just for show, an exaggeration of the castle's grandeur; the real registration offices were behind the throng of trainers awaiting entry, milling around in crowds and friendship groups, or otherwise being rather reclusive, huddling close to themselves and their pokémon, awaiting their chance to get out of the crowd. Clement himself had to admit, despite his many talents and such, minor claustrophobia occasionally took hold, and he found himself groaning at the challenge of getting inside among the large crowd.

Shaking his head, he tapped the Quilava wrapped around his head, muttering "You want to help a bit?" The Quilava rolled its eyes, but appeared to oblige, raising its head up so it faced above the large crowd and opening it's jaws, showing a ball of fire forming in the beasts throat. The inferno that was released from the Quilava's mouth certainly caught the attention of the crowd; the massive display causing many to jump, and a pretty neat gap to form in the bulging throng, an aisle for him to pass through. He nodded towards the members of the crowd politely, as if he had not just caused a large inconvenience for most of them, and showed his invitation to the registration officer, who allowed him to pass, albeit with a rather distasteful glare. Not that he minded, he merely shrugged her off and continued on his way into the courtyard, wondering what kind of interesting trainers would care to show their face.

Richard Samson & Aya Minatoshi

"C'mon Aya! One drink. Just one. We'll find a nice bar when we land and-"

The woman being addressed - Aya Minatoshi - held up a hand to silence the man, showing rather a bit of influence over him, despite his higher rank. She sighed and shook her head, letting out a simple "No." To crush his hopes, and then turned around to a Laptop on the desk next to her.

"Once we're on the ground, we've got a job to do. Infiltrate the competition, find clues to the location of the Legendaries and - if any are present - destroy them. You should remember these." She complained, her face slightly piteous as she turned to face the man behind her. "After all, you ordered them. If only you weren't so drunk..." The last sentence came out as merely a mutter as she turned back to face the Laptop, typing furiously on the keypad.

Her Superior - a tall, white haired man wearing a neat suit, unbuttoned at the top - merely laughed, and tipped a glass of wine in her direction, coming incredibly close to spilling it, but somehow losing not a drop. "Too true, too true." He chuckled, gulping down the last of his glass, before placing it on a counter next to him. The counter opened up and dropped the cup inside, before revealing another one, in the same place the previous had been removed from. "But you know what happens if I get sober. We cant be having murder inquiries while we're on this mission." He retorted, downing the refilled glass of wine in one gulp.

Sighing, Aya turned her chair back around, shutting the Laptop as she did so. "You wont remember the mission if you carry on." She stated, before pushing herself from the desk and moving over to a door at the end of the finely furnished room. She knocked on it three times before opening it, to reveal a rather luxurious cabin to an aircraft, the one that they were currently flying on, though it was hardly noticable in the previous room.
"You could probably start the descent now. We should be close enough to the island, and if we wait any longer we'll probably end up injuring some flying trainers." She advised, closing the door quickly after giving her orders.

Richard chuckled to himself again before placing the empty glass back onto the counter, though no third glass came up to replace it. Despite having had a significant amount of alcohol during the course of the trip, when he pushed himself up from his chair, he showed no signs of woosiness or loss of control. In fact, he appeared perfectly sober as he moved himself to a second chair, one with a seatbelt attached. Aya made a similar move to her own seat, and both awaited their descent down onto Archanum Island.

~~

They landed within minutes, their large private jet being rather conspicuous among the multitude of flying pokémon and trainers that seemed to be accumulating within the City Airport. Richard and Aya disembarked quickly and efficiently, with the air of military training  as they moved towards their hired Car and sped off into the City, aiming for the Registration offices. Richard managed to use his wealth accumulated from Team Purity to get them through the registration process extremely quickly, giving off the impression of a wealthy businessman or similar for the both of them; far from their true personas.

Aya and Richard moved towards the back of the growing crowd in the courtyard as they awaited what would most likely be a speech from the King, listening carefully for any information they could gather about anything in particular of interest.

Jackson (Trainer):

"One moment, please... there. Your registration is complete."

Jackson gruffly thanked the administrative employee. He had been rather irritated by the long wait - the fact that some had taken it upon themselves to draw as much attention to themselves as possible by causing a commotion didn't help. With the technicalities out of the way, he found a place to sit and rest until the tournament proper would actually begin. He chose a magnificent, ornate marble bench framed by a pair of tall, magnificent Berry trees. He frowned - the Berries that grew on those trees were quite rare, not usually seen in these parts of the world.

"Better not, girl." He whispered to his Wingull, which had already made to snatch one with its beak. The seabird Pokemon complained with a soft mumble, before settling back on his lap. Wingull was one of his oldest Pokemon, over fifty years old now. Despite its age and experience, it had chosen not to evolve - however, underestimating its battle strength and resilience could be a bad mistake.

Jackson watched as people walked back and forth, busily bustling around. He made note of a few Trainers he had seen. He was older than all of them, perhaps the oldest contestant in the tournament - but if they thought he was easy pickings just because of his age, they had another thing coming.

-----

Rivere (Guardian):

"Here you go, miss Rivere." The girl at the registration counter handed her back her identifier, smiling. "I had heard you would be coming here... I'm a big admirer of your work! Your dedication to protecting Pokemon is a true inspiration!"

"Err... thanks." Rivere mumbled, blushing slightly. Contrary to her rather confident exterior, she was actually pretty shy when it came to compliments.

"Let's take a walk." Virizion suggested. "We might find something of interest." Rivere nodded, and, randomly choosing a direction, began tracking the perimeter of the courtyard.

The castle was enormous, almost a city in itself. The area around it was filled to the brim with Trainers and their Pokemon, so Rivere often had to weave her way through the crowds to proceed. Despite herself, she looked forward to facing them on the field of battle, to allow her Pokemon a chance to prove their mettle against such strong opponents.

29enmtt.png

Kallen Colverson

"Oh...I didn't mean to offend...I mean...I was just..." ​Tears sprang to Kallen's eyes. The tournament had already started and he had already embarrassed himself as well as made another contestant uncomfortably, luckily he was interrupted before he could embarrass himself farther. Staring after the strange man in crown, a feeling stirred with Kallen. It took him a second to realize it was not his own thoughts, but Mew's. He attempted to talk to Mew, but it would appear that he was silent. 

"Who do you think that was?" Kallen asked, without waiting for an answer he began to follow the strange man into the courtyard, his curiosity thoroughly peaked by Mew's uncomfortability with the whole situation.

2qa44ko.png

GM Post: Royal Proceedings 

The sound of tolling bells reached across the city of Archanum, reaching the ears of trainers and citizens alike. A moment of panic and haste, the trainers that had been lagging behind rushed into the courtyard as the doors to it closed with a simultaneous clang. The noise of hundreds of Pokemon trainers lofted about the courtyard as they waited for something to happen. All eyes were on the balcony that the king was expected to walk out on.

He did not disappoint. Garbed in his large white cloak and brilliant crown, King Aurelius moved to address all the trainers below. His large Absol followed in his wake as well as a tight looking woman, dressed in a black suit. She typed furiously at the PokePad in her hand, not even looking up as she walked. The crowd below silenced, waiting expectantly. With a flourish of his hands, holographic screens appeared across the courtyard, portraying the king's face. His voice boomed across the grounds. "Welcome Trainers! You have come far in journey, proving yourselves to be the best. But which of you are the best of the best? Welcome to the Elimination Rounds of the Tournament of Legends!" The crowd below roared in approval, clapping and cheering. 

King Aurelius waited a moment for the noise to die down and began to speak again. "On the outer edges of the island you will find various arenas set up for battle. These arenas encompass different scenarios and environments that you must adapt your fighting strategy to and play things in your favor. We would like to ask you to keep your battling to the arenas so as not to harm any citizens or damage any of the buildings around the city. Arenas will be open to unofficial battles if there is not a round of the tournament currently taking place. You should all have received a small DataCard upon registering. You will receive information on the card as to who you are battling, where, and when. Keep it with you at all times. Holographic screens will always be up in the courtyard so you can check match-ups and rankings. Without further ado! Let the first round, BEGIN!"

[spoiler=OOC]

Alright guys, the first round of the tournament has begun and things are going to start heating up. All contestants, both trainers and Guardians, have received a message on their DataCard as to where and when they will battle. I will leave the who up to you. There will be no player vs. player battles and you will be controlling your opponent. It will be a simple 3 on 3 battle and it can go however you like, just so long as you win.

Team Purity members, continue your snooping around and if you are entered in the tournament follow the directions above. You may want to start scoping out the trainers so as to gather who is in possession of a Legend Pokemon. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me either via PM or OOC.

[/spoiler]

Kingdom Hearts 2 OST ~ Hand in Hand

It had started and Blake was fired up, no pun intended. His DataCard designated his arena: a small hot spring. He grinned as he began fixing his fingerless gloves. The hot springs...a perfect place for him and his Pokemon to shine.

Don't show overconfidence, Blake. Stay focused. Blake heard Cobalion say.

He simply nodded as he saw his opponent: a young man with silver white hair and a hat, almost making him seem like Trainer Red...not happening. He fixed his shirt and smirked, as he tipped his hat. "Sup! The names Jerry Walsh! And dude, my Pokemon are gonna beat you to a pulp! Go Ivysaur!"

Blake looked at the Ivysaur, and then at the kid. This was seeming like an easy fight afterall. "Let's hope you don't have any other Grass Pokemon...cause this'll be easy. Arcanine! Burn up the stage!" he said, bringing out Arcanine. "Use Extreme Speed then, Fire Fang." With that, Arcanine quickly rushed toward the Ivysaur, not giving him a chance to move, as he chomped his fangs onto it pouring flames onto the Grass Pokemon.

Fire Fang is Super Effective! Ivysaur fainted!

"H-Hey! I wasn't ready!!" Jack whined, recalling Ivysaur. He sent out another one...another grass type. Yeah...it was gonna be a short battle.

=Exactly 2 Minutes Later=

"T-That wasn't cool yo! Y-You beat all my Pokemon with Arcanine!! My Ivysaur, my VictoryBell, and my Grotle!!" Jack yelled.

Blake shrugged as he recalled Arcanine. "Well there was no point in returning my Pokemon since all yours were grass. Regardless, your Pokemon were great!" he said encouragingly. Apparently it was that encouraging, since Jack left flipping him off. "O-OK...?"

At least you tried to be a good sport...regardless, let's continue to watch the other matches. Cobalion's voice said, as Blake walked toward the courtyard.

Archived