Time Wizard support?

~Red~

9tEDxfM.jpg

Can only be activated by banishing 1 "Time Wizard" from your hand, field, or Graveyard: Special Summon 1 monster from your Graveyard that was destroyed by an opponent's card effect. 

I've only ever made a few cards, and that was some time ago, so I imagine that this isn't too great, but I am thinking about creating a set of cards that support Time Wizard. Anyway, constructive criticism is always appreciated. Hoping to sharpen my skills as a card maker. 

The name is a bit weird, Time Magic-Sand of Time ? The first 'Time' seems unecessary.

Flavor wise, if the image showed an inverting hourglass, it would be perfect. You card is pretty damn good though.

Effect wise, I think you could add an effect that strenghtens the summoned monster or protects it from leaving the field for the rest of this turn.

Apart from the image, it seems kind of mediocre to me effect-wise. I mean, don't get me wrong, special summoning back your monster after it's been torrential tributed is fun as hell, but being fun is not the same as being a good card. But, if you're deciding on that effect, and like the "Time Wizard" idea, then try this:

When this card is activated, banish 1 "Time Wizard" from you Graveyard. Toss a coin. If the result is heads, Special Summon 1 monster from your Graveyard and double it's attack. That monster can attack your opponent directly this turn. If the result is tails, take 2000 damage."

You see, the whole mechanic behind time wizard was this: flipping a coin and going for the best or the worst. If the effect was like this, I think it would be most emphasized on the theme of TW support cards.

Apart from the image, it seems kind of mediocre to me effect-wise. I mean, don't get me wrong, special summoning back your monster after it's been torrential tributed is fun as hell, but being fun is not the same as being a good card. But, if you're deciding on that effect, and like the "Time Wizard" idea, then try this:

When this card is activated, banish 1 "Time Wizard" from you Graveyard. Toss a coin. If the result is heads, Special Summon 1 monster from your Graveyard and double it's attack. That monster can attack your opponent directly this turn. If the result is tails, take 2000 damage."

You see, the whole mechanic behind time wizard was this: flipping a coin and going for the best or the worst. If the effect was like this, I think it would be most emphasized on the theme of TW support cards.

Thanks! I think I am going to pass on your suggestion, no offense, but I'd feel bad if I was just taking your effect right from you. I see what you mean though, didn't really think about following the same style as Time Wizard. Guess that's what you get for being a noob. I will definitely have to think about this.

The name is a bit weird, Time Magic-Sand of Time ? The first 'Time' seems unecessary.

Flavor wise, if the image showed an inverting hourglass, it would be perfect. You card is pretty damn good though.

Effect wise, I think you could add an effect that strenghtens the summoned monster or protects it from leaving the field for the rest of this turn.

Well, this is kinda like a test of a possible archetype of Spell Cards(do they have those?) that focus completely on Time Wizard. And since in the anime he chants "Time Magic" when he uses his effect, it just seemed appropriate. Thanks for the comment!

Well, this is kinda like a test of a possible archetype of Spell Cards(do they have those?) that focus completely on Time Wizard. And since in the anime he chants "Time Magic" when he uses his effect, it just seemed appropriate. Thanks for the comment!

That's what you meant. I was confused because there is no space between the "-".

Lore Fix:

Banish 1 "Time Wizard" from your hand, field, or Graveyard; Special Summon 1 monster from your Graveyard that was destroyed by your opponent's card effect.

About the Card:

I don't really see how this card related to Time Wizard. As is, it's kind of really average, and its most redeeming quality is that it doesn't target (if that counts) and provides monster revival. The biggest issue here is that it's either a -1 (if you banish the Time Wizard from your hand or your field) or a +0 (if you banish the Time Wizard from the Graveyard) that is only as good as its targets. But since it's so specific about how the monster died, there are only so good its targets can get.

Archived