Ghostrick House

300px-GhostrickHouse-SHSP-JP-OP.png

"Face-down monsters cannot be targeted for attacks. If the only monsters a player controls are face-down, their opponent's monsters can attack them directly. Halve any battle damage or effect damage either player takes from monsters, except "Ghostrick" monsters.''

Other Ghostricks effects- http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Ghostrick

I think that card is awsome, it really synergise with the deck (Stein can attack directly to get it's effect for example).

I hope they get on DevPro\ DN or something soon.

Easily one of the best Archetype-supporting Field Spells I have ever seen.
While it doesn't give the Ghostricks the stat boost that Chateau did for the Madolches, it makes up for it by halving all damage, except from Ghostricks, and giving them field conditions in which they can thrive.
Overall, an incredible card.

I'm a tad confused. How is this good? I understand that Ghost tricks need to be set (proved you don't control any) so this would protect them but..........ehh

Fill me in guys on my idiocy.

The point is that it's not because the deck doesn't actually do anything right now. It'll definitely be one of the reasons why the deck is played (because you can attack with everything and then flip it again to make it so your monsters are invincible with Ghostrick Out) but right now it's pretty bad.

Adorable artwork like the rest of the cards though.

I'm a tad confused. How is this good? I understand that Ghost tricks need to be set (proved you don't control any) so this would protect them but..........ehh

Fill me in guys on my idiocy.

It's not only protecting them, but also letting them attack directly with the removed 'drawback' of halving the damage. I mean, the archetype focuses on flipping opponent's monsters face down too, so I guess you could call this their win condition...

I was about to quote and bash Madolches too, only to discover I've been ninja'd for a huge gap of time, and multiple times.

Nye.. I'll do it anyways.

Madolche was that too I hear.

If your opponent has a way to deal with Madolches, they are extra bad. If not, they are an OTK. Or at least, I've never really seen an even match coming from a Madolche game. It's always one sided in one way from the ones I've seen u.u"

As for the "fun" you just need to see their effects.

Hootcake = SS from Deck

Mew fewlle = SS from hand

Messengelato = search S/T from Deck

Buttlerusk = search Field Spell from Deck

Magelline = Search Monster from Deck

Field Spell = turn their drawback into pluses.

Ticket = Search

Pallozaa = Put hand on the field and trigger all Messengelatos if any.

MX-Saber = SS from Deck

Tiaramisu = boring +, +, +, and more +

All of which trigger their effects upon Summon, or let you ignite them regardless of your opponent's moves.

Is it wrong if I think I've seen Exodia decks that are more interactive?

OT:
I have high hopes for this archtype. The past cuties didn't turn out that well, with Naturias = Lockdown and Madolche = OTK.

I don't even care if these never get to be any good, I'll get them. They look like one of the most fun and original archtypes Konami has done in a long time.

Its funny how this is somewhat a more decent defence based field spell where its more so generic instead of archetype where the only archetype effect is that Ghostrick do full damage while this is out.

Except Ghostricks can force the Opponent's monsters to be Facedown, which lets everything on your side wage direct attacks.
But yea, the half battle/burn damage part is pretty neat.

Except Ghostricks can force the Opponent's monsters to be Facedown, which lets everything on your side wage direct attacks.
But yea, the half battle/burn damage part is pretty neat.

Without that half damage effect the field wouldn't be worth it imo..it would be too easy to get an OTK that way...

But I gotta say the half effect damage part is a really nice and funny touch.

Archived