Ice Legion

stipess

ICE LEGION

Hello community of "Yu-Gi-Oh CARDMAKER", this is my first

time writing in the forums and also making a card set.

Basically, it's theme is ICE, of course, I borrowed some

pictures from google images.

First off, main card from Ice Legion is ICE SOLDIER, it's

a monster with effect similar to some "Pyro" type cards.

Then we have ICE GOLEM, let's say it's an upgraded version

of ICE SOLDIER, and it also has special effect similar to ICE SOLDIER.

We listed monsters above but now I will present you a trap and a spell below.

We will begin with SPELL CARD, it's called ICE ATTACK, it's pretty simple but

it's able to change the tide of the game.

Next we have, TRAP CARD, and it's named ICE TRAP, simple, isn't it?

Basically this card will not destroy monsters, but on the contrary, it will

change their side.

NOTE:

This is my first set ever, I borrowed images from Google, and if you are interested in details about the card, read it's description. Thank you.

Credit to Arseniouez for Ice Golem picture :D

First of all, Welcome to YCM (Yu-Gi-OH! Card Maker)! It's always exciting to get into making cards, but it's another thing to familiarize yourself with what the sight likes to call TCG (Traditional Card Grammar). You will probably be seeing that acronym a lot as the rules of the forum have changed recently.

Okay, let's get to the cards, shall we?

I LOVE the pictures and I LOVE how you acknowledged that you took the images from GOOGLE (a good card maker always recognizes the research/artist that goes into the images).

Next, let's talk about the TCG (there's that acronym again :rolleyes: ). For your "Ice Soldier" card, it's a NORMAL monster, so you only should give a description of the monster being depicted. If you're using another person image, think of it like this: you are giving a critique on the image. Use your personal opinion on the picture to get some motivation (if you need more pointers, refer to the TCG thread). The way you described it would make it an EFFECT monster; nothing wrong with that, if that's what you're going for.

Okay, on to the next one: "Ice Golem". Impressive image. Some card makers would debate that the Level Stars doesn't accurately fit this monster's overall construction. Assessing its ATK and DEF values, along with it's effects, being a LV8 Effect Monster seems ... weird (A Blue-Eyes White Dragon has 8 Level Stars with NO effects); then again, I look at the effects and think that you were right with the Level Star choice. Also, you might want to think about one of the "Ice Golems" effects: "also, if the card directly attacks your opponent, you can draw 2 cards from your deck". Any monster that lets you draw cards from effects needs to have a drawback; it all about "Checks & Balances".

As far as phrasing goes (according to the TCG) monsters that cannot be "Normal Summoned" cannot be "Set" either. The boosting of ATK from other monsters on the field ... you should look up "Swamp Battleguard" or "Lava Battleguard" to see how to phrase that effect.

Okay, Trap Card - "Ice Trap"

When Trap Cards are triggered from an action that your opponent makes (usually during the BATTLE PHASE) would probably be considered "COUNTER" Trap Cards; be sure to know how certain Traps work (even I had to do some research on particular Traps). The phrasing could be changed a bit. Instead of saying: "You can only activate this card when your opponent special or normal summons a monster that has ATK and DEF lower by 2500.", look up a card called "Acid Trap Hole". The effect is similiar and you would see how to properly phrase your unique Trap Card.

And finally, the "Ice Attack" Spell Card

"Equip" Spell Cards are attached to monster to grant them a particular effect: increased ATK, increased DEF, immunity to certain types of monster, whatever the case may be. The description of the card would hint that you meant for it to be a "Field" Spell Card; also, if I read this card correctly, if you play this card, any monster's on my side of the field gain 1300 ATK and DEF until one of us has less than 2000 Life Points. So, if I have less than 2000 LP, or if YOU have less than 2000 LP, this card's effect becomes invalid; and without proper phrasing, it stays on the field, so one of your Spell/Trap Card zones would be useless (unless you destroyed it).

Again, LOVE the images; take a look at that TCG thread and familiarize yourself with how other Realistic Cards are phrased, formatted and used.

First of all, Welcome to YCM (Yu-Gi-OH! Card Maker)! It's always exciting to get into making cards, but it's another thing to familiarize yourself with what the sight likes to call TCG (Traditional Card Grammar). You will probably be seeing that acronym a lot as the rules of the forum have changed recently.

OT: Well, the cards have fake types, so they don't really belong in Realistic Cards. Those belong in Any Other Cards, otherwise known as AoC.

[spoiler=Ice Soldier Review]
It's a Normal monster. It's WATER. It's outclassed by Alexandrite Dragon and Gene-Warped Werewolf. There's nothing else to talk about. Picture's kinda iffy and generic-y. So that's another minus from me.
It's apparently an Effect Monster. The effect is really bad. I mean, at max it's a 2000 attacker with 3 of it and 2 Ice Golems face-up. The direct-attack-for-a-draw effect is kinda hit and miss, what with the card having really bad ATK.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Ice Golem Review]
As you said, it's kinda a better Ice Soldier. Much better effect, but the fact that in can only be Normal Summoned kinda makes it ridiculously bad. I mean, it's level 7 yet it only has 2300 ATK. You don't need to change anything, but maybe make it more powerful? A 2500 ATK would be nice. Picture is really generic and low res, so you might look into that.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Ice Trap Review]
It's just evil. It's broken in every sense. The only way you could've made it even more broken is if you called it "Ice Trap Hole". It steals an opponent's monster and put it in your deck. Not send to grave or banish or anything, nope, you just have to send it to the user's deck. If you said "... and send it to the owner's deck" instead of "your deck", it wouldn't have been too bad. So yeah, change that.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Ice Attack Review]
A 1300 ATK gain is evil, but it's easily destroyable enough. It gives the opponent something to actually worry about, but really, is the 2000 LP bit necessary? It's not like it's gonna be an OTK machine, since the Ice monsters themselves lack any sort of Swarming and/or consistency. I'd say neg the 2000 LP effect and you have a pretty good booster. Should be a Field Spell or maybe even Continuous. Field Spell is better because you get to search it out with Terraforming. Also, you literally have a picture of an iceberg in Antarctica, so that's a giant minus.  
[/spoiler]

Archived