Opinions / Help ?

Reaper5024

Opinion  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Is this concept a good idea?

• Sure / Yes
    • Fail / No
    • Shows promise but needs work

So I'm, working on a card that I had an Idea for and even have the perfect card art for it. but im having trouble with OCG vs mechanics and I was hoping to get some feedback to possibly help fix it so i can finish the card.

the idea is a dragon themed attack response trap card. the opponent attacks, it activates. but then by the card's effect, the attacking monster is selected and you pick one monster on your side of the field, and trade control of those monsters. then the attack automatically reinitiates with the new monster, but the attack can only target the traded monster. the obvious combo is to have something weak on the field and have the attack fail miserably, but that's kind of where im at as far as this goes.

Does the idea work? Do I need to add to it? is there specific wording i need to include?

Card as it stands:

Dragonic Possession

Counter Trap

Activate when your opponent declares an attack. Select 1 monster on your side of the field, and switch control with the attacking monster. Your opponent automatically attacks with the traded monster and can only target the traded monster on your side of the field.

This probably should be a Normal Trap, not a Counter. You could word it like this:

[quote&name="Dragonic Possession"]When your opponent declares an attack: Target the attacking monster and 1 monster you control; switch control of those targets, then conduct battle between them (other effects cannot be activated during this battle).[/quote]

...a la Confusion Chaff.

It seems pretty good, albeit situational. You obviously wouldn't use this for a battle you're going to lose, and if your opponent tries to use Forbidden Lance on one of the monsters, the whole thing fails, and the battle remains unchanged.

Archived