Public Apology with Updated Rules.

Blake

I'm sorry if I've been overly abrasive in my latest moderations. There've been some real life issues and my, so to say, bullshit tolerance level has been at a minimum. I try my best to be clinical to newer members in general, though I will admit I've been a little too tough even on members who should know better.

I'll try to be more constructive with posts, but please understand that there is a certain level of common sense you are expected to use, and the posts I lock tend to be void of said common sense.

I don't mean to offend anyone, but come on, a card that negates all effects that activate in a turn for simply discarding itself in either players' turn is pretty obviously a horrible, nigh hopeless idea.

I admit that I have been perhaps shirking off my workload a slight amount due to exams as well, but I don't feel like that should not be an excuse for neglecting it as much. Thus I would like to apologize for perhaps overworking Black in sense of the section as I have not been able to get to topics as much.

As a result, I will be sharing the workload from now on and also overviewing posts that Black makes in order to make sure that the abrasive behavior does not happen again and that he does not get overworked. With this being said, I would also like to take the time to introduce you to a new set of rules that the section will follow:

- Bad design rule will be changed so that Any Other Cards is a place where the unhelpable will be sent. Any Other Cards will have the post count turned off and Joke Cards will be allowed in that section for that reason. Pop Culture, as a result, will be its own forum with the post count turned on.

- Members with 100 posts or less will be disregarded from the Advanced Clause, but will be treated as a Legendary Member would be as soon as they hit 101 or higher.

- Just because some of you didn't know this already, but you ARE allowed to repost a card that we have moved to Any Other Cards so long as it is corrected. You will not be warned the first time, but should you not make many strides of improvement the second there will be a case by case warning. Repeat offenders will be warned harshly.

- You can BUMP (Bring Up My Post) once every 24 hours, if you have not received any comments.

Topic will be used for discussion of the new rules and any other potential things you'd like to see done with Custom Cards

We need some sort of incentive for people to try to help in AoC. Anyone have ideas about that?

Also, I think any Joke Cards should have a tag [Joke Card] in the title, and for newer members... you mods can change titles, caan't you?

So we're treating AoC as a dumping ground for the broken and unloved? To be frank, that sounds like a good idea.

On a slightly related topic, will their be another Custom Card Contest? I felt that it was a positive thing. Adding to that, would it be interesting if the winner of the previous contest created the next card to be reviewed? Just a thought...

Overall, this seems like a step in the right direction.

We need some sort of incentive for people to try to help in AoC. Anyone have ideas about that?

Also, I think any Joke Cards should have a tag [Joke Card] in the title, and for newer members... you mods can change titles, caan't you?

Yes, we can change titles.

So what happened to Alfred taking some sort of responsibility here, too? It would be easier to divide the work into three than two, unless his recent logging in is just rare.

I forgot they were still a person to be perfectly honest with you. I never see them and they were supposed to actually do stuff in Custom again, but apparently Pika doesn't see it fit to demote him for shirking his duties.

So we're treating AoC as a dumping ground for the broken and unloved? To be frank, that sounds like a good idea.

On a slightly related topic, will their be another Custom Card Contest? I felt that it was a positive thing. Adding to that, would it be interesting if the winner of the previous contest created the next card to be reviewed? Just a thought...

Overall, this seems like a step in the right direction.

Yes, those will be started again some time soon after I finish exams. We'll discuss about the latter part, it's a good idea so I'm not going to outright reject it.

Maybe have a sub-forum titled "Joke Cards" in AoC so the people who post unrealistic, but still cards that can be reviewed arn't just scrambled with those ones.

I suppose I will take it upon myself to bother him about it. Then you can find out if he has been loafing or has been legitimately busy under a guise of laziness. I think he should have at least said something about it, though. He is actually pretty active in terms of lurking, if you check, but he never says anything.

Maybe have a sub-forum titled "Joke Cards" in AoC so the people who post unrealistic, but still cards that can be reviewed arn't just scrambled with those ones.

I feel that would be unnecessary and counter-productive as even fewer people would go there.

I don't think that was the point of this. That's why we need an incentive or initiative to help.

I forgot they were still a person to be perfectly honest with you. I never see them and they were supposed to actually do stuff in Custom again, but apparently Pika doesn't see it fit to demote him for shirking his duties.

Just saying, I went and checked the report queue on this.

Alfred has not actively handled a report since December 23, 2012. Unsure on what he's done in the section, as there's no record to be shown, but that SHOULD give you guys a basic idea.

I feel that would be unnecessary and counter-productive as even fewer people would go there.I don't think that was the point of this. That's why we need an incentive or initiative to help.

I suppose it's a double-edged sword. Segregation isn't really a long term answer, but I can see why it will help with the reorganization process. I didn't make my point very clearly, but I meant it in terms of sorting out the boards, and the card flow within them. I completely agree that an initiative should be the main goal here, but let's not run before we can walk (I'm talking in metaphors a lot today).

I actually just sent a private message to Alfred asking about his inactivity. Unless somebody has already done this and knows why he is inactive, we might be able to find out whenever he replies.

You are not obliged to keep him, are you? Hatcher is leaving, anyway, so another leader would have to be decided or not if you do not believe in that. Either way, is there much of a fault to his demotion?

Just saying, I went and checked the report queue on this.

Alfred has not actively handled a report since December 23, 2012. Unsure on what he's done in the section, as there's no record to be shown, but that SHOULD give you guys a basic idea.

o.O"
Then this post of his is very contradictory:

"Well, I stay here because I feel I have to, due to my job, or least to act as someone who actually questions the staff consensus. What Night has done with Showcase gives me hope, but thanks to a discriminating bureaucracy, moderators who act childish and screw around when they should be doing their jobs and an incessant desire to stick their fingers into forums that are not in their jurisdictions, it's quite difficult to get yourself. Oh, and it doesn't help when Pika, the de facto Admin, has it in for you."

Half a year is way too much. If the workload is too big, maybe you could assign someone to help you.

Last time we held a mod election, it basically failed because of apparently an insufficient voting system.  This lead to Mihails posting that he would be more active, but nothing really happened.

As the backbone of the site, CC obviously takes more effort to moderate. If we count out Mihails, we will probably need a new mod selected.

On the topic of Alfred, I've actually been PMing him for a few days or so. He mentioned this...

[quote name="Mihails Tāls" timestamp="1368898636"]
[I've not been around due to my high workload IRL as of late], as I have exams, hence my lack of activity. I'll be around here a lot more in three weeks.
[/quote]

Brackets are from a later message within the PM, but detail what has been going on lately.

Anyway, it would be nice if you guys would support my efforts a bit more with improving the 1v1 subforum. The Leaderboard is helping with that, though it is usually the same people competing. I'd honestly like to see more activity in the 1v1 subforum and the Card Contests forum.

@ Joke card ideas: You mean [url=http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/73676-the-official-joke-card-thread/]this?[/url] Yeah, how about we just put that back in AoC. Unless there's some problem with moving threads into another thread rather than a subforum. In that case, this topic can just sit in AoC then.

@ AoC being turned off: It probably would not be that necessary if we manage to bring the Joke Card topic back to life since there is the occasional "I have a new mechanic that I made up," but then again, that probably isn't common enough to change your minds. I'm not exactly opposed to turning the post count in AoC off as posts mean nothing to most people, but I felt like saying this.

@ "I'm sorry for being an angry drill sergeant": Oh no you don't. You better not take away a source of entertainment by reducing the amount of newbies complaining that the mods were too harsh to nigh zero. I'm afraid I can't let you do this. But anyway, you did mention of a topic on design and flavor, so it may cut down on the amount of times that locking instances would happen. Well, at least for people who read things, and who knows how many new people actually read all of the stickies. Anyway, this doesn't really concern me as I'm perfect in every way by never having this happen to me I'm way too cautious, but I'm sure there are people who thank you for it.

I haven't done anything in CC besides that CG I made for about 3 or so months, so I don't really get why you have to apologize for doing your job, especially when one of the offended members who has been here for years made 2 threads of broken, overpowered cards in the past few days and should know better. Being a "jerk" comes with being the authority.

Anyways, I like the new rules presented.

but apparently Pika doesn't see it fit to demote him for shirking his duties.

I think any major decision to the main staff requires input by all members of the staff. We had a discussion about it a while back and the results were mostly split. I'm all in favor for demoting Mik, now I just need to convince the 12/13 other mods the same.

As for the rules...

I dislike the idea of a forum who's sole purpose is to catch spam. I don't believe it will actually prevent spam on the other CC boards. I believe you'll get spam at about the same rate as always, but instead of locking it your plan is to just move it over somewhere else? Sounds like a waste of time TBQH. I'll still help in this task if you need it, however I dislike the idea of a forum dedicated to rule breaking. But that's just me.

I think any major decision to the main staff requires input by all members of the staff. We had a discussion about it a while back and the results were mostly split. I'm all in favor for demoting Mik, now I just need to convince the 12/13 other mods the same.

As for the rules...

I dislike the idea of a forum who's sole purpose is to catch spam. I don't believe it will actually prevent spam on the other CC boards. I believe you'll get spam at about the same rate as always, but instead of locking it your plan is to just move it over somewhere else? Sounds like a waste of time TBQH. I'll still help in this task if you need it, however I dislike the idea of a forum dedicated to rule breaking. But that's just me.

This is still someone's creative process. Something that person enjoys doing and he/she might actually want to learn.

TBH I never really felt animosity towards Black locking topics without notice, as it is written in CC rules. Although, I would like it better if instead of getting locked/being dumped to AoC, the Thread Creator is given a 24 hours notice to fix their card before locking/dumping it, much like the rules in the RP section.  

Anyway, the new rules are looking quite wonderful and much less lenient than before, so maybe I'll get round to being active here again. ^ ^ 

TBH I never really felt animosity towards Black locking topics without notice, as it is written in CC rules. Although, I would like it better if instead of getting locked/being dumped to AoC, the Thread Creator is given a 24 hours notice to fix their card before locking/dumping it, much like the rules in the RP section.  

Anyway, the new rules are looking quite wonderful and much less lenient than before, so maybe I'll get round to being active here again. ^ ^ 

That sounds like it could work if the amount of reports is small enough to keep track of individually, but unless the system can keep track of time for you, it sounds like a heavy extra load.

I haven't done anything in CC besides that CG I made for about 3 or so months, so I don't really get why you have to apologize for doing your job, especially when one of the offended members who has been here for years made 2 threads of broken, overpowered cards in the past few days and should know better. Being a "jerk" comes with being the authority.

Anyways, I like the new rules presented.

Yes, at times on has to be a "jerk" while in charge. Though, there is a line people should not cross. Unneeded swearing at others is one of those things, hence this apology. Kingdom Neo's status wasn't about Black doing his job, it was how it was done. Yes, truth existed and the post was extremely relevant. However, unneeded swearing did exist, and that was the issue at least for me.

On the topic of AoC, I think that would discourage people to actually come up with new concepts knowing that broken cards would discourage others from even going into that section. It cleans RC, but what about AoC? AoC doesn't deserve to suffer due to RC's broken garbage. Just my thoughts tbh. And I agree with Toyo, give people a chance to fix what they have after you guys look at it, then do what you usually do. That is another portion that people seem to not like, and I can see why tbh.

Archived