Unfortunate Soldiers

FF Fan

My Archetype focusing on destroying the opponent's offensive.

Read the lores in the spoilers for the most updated ocg and effects.

[spoiler=Monsters]
UY8YMdj.png
[spoiler=Lore]During either player's turn when the ATK of 1 of your opponent's monsters is decreased, you can discard this card and destroy the monster. [/spoiler]

ySvmmQe.png
[spoiler=Lore]During either player's turn when the ATK of 1 of your opponent's monsters is decreased, you can Special Summon this banished card. When this card is banished or sent to your Graveyard, Halve the ATK of 1 of your opponent's monsters until the End Phase. [/spoiler]

pt3sz2p.png
[spoiler=Lore]During either player's turn when the ATK of 1 of your opponent's monsters is decreased, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). Once per turn, you can decrease this card's ATK by any amount to decrease an opponent's monster's ATK by an equal amount until the End Phase. [/spoiler]

TonRikm.png
[spoiler=Lore]During either player's turn when the ATK of only 1 of your opponent's monsters is decreased to 800 or less, target it then decrease this card's ATK to 0 to have all face-up monsters your opponent controls ATK equal to the ATK of the targeted monster.[/spoiler]

XmhidXA.png
[spoiler=Lore]During either player's turn when the ATK of 1 of your opponent's monsters is decreased to 800 or less, you can decrease this card's ATK to 0 and activate the following effect: Your opponent cannot activate Spell Cards during their next turn. This effect does not stack. [/spoiler]

3WUHaB1.png
[spoiler=Lore]During either player's turn when the ATK of 1 of your opponent's monsters is decreased, you can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard. When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard, your opponent cannot activate Trap Cards during their next turn. This effect does not stack.[/spoiler]

oq7SwFH.jpg
[spoiler=Lore]During either player's turn when the ATK of 1 of or more of your opponent's monsters is decreased to 800 or less, you can increase this card's ATK equal to the combined amount of ATK decreased from your opponent's monster(s). You can only activate the effect of "Unfortunate Soldier - Lil Trooper" once while its face-up on the field.[/spoiler]

TUmzbBy.png
[spoiler=Lore]Once per turn during either player's turn: When the ATK of 1 of or more of your opponent's monsters is decreased, you can Special Summon 1 Level 3 or lower "Unfortunate Soldier" monster from your Deck. Once per turn you can decrease this card's ATK to 500 to activate the following effect: Your opponent cannot activate monster effects during their next turn. [/spoiler]

Zsp2R8b.png
[spoiler=Lore]Once while this card is face-up on the field: When the attack of 1 of your opponent's monsters is decreased to 1200 or less, you can decrease the ATK of 1 monster you control to 0; Your opponent cannot Special Summon during their next turn. This effect can only be used once while this card is face-up on the field.[/spoiler]

VBAFVjf.png
[spoiler=Lore]When the attack of 1 or more of your opponent's monsters is decreased, you can add 1 "Unfortunate" card from your Graveyard to your hand. This effect can only be used twice while this card is face-up on the field.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Synchros]QF6qS8B.png
[spoiler=Lore]1 "Unfortunate Soldier" Tuner + 1 or more monsters.
When this card is Synchro Summoned, destroy all monsters your opponent controls with 1500 or less ATK. You can decrease this card's Level by 2 to destroy the monster your opponent controls with the highest ATK. This effect can only be used once while this card is face-up on the field.[/spoiler]

zRkWla8.png
[spoiler=Lore]1 "Unfortunate" Tuner + 1 or more monsters.
Monsters that battle with this card ATK becomes 500 at the start of the Damage Step. Once per turn: You can Tribute 1 monster you control with 500 or less ATK; Add 1 "Unfortunate" Spell or Trap Card to your hand from the Deck.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Spells and Traps]
zIFM2YX.png
[spoiler=Lore]All monsters must attack if able. At the end of the Battle Phase decrease the ATK of all monsters that attacked by their Level x100. If this card is banished or in your Graveyard you can decrease the level of 2 monsters you control by 1 to add this card to your hand. The effect of "The Unfortunate Battlefield" can only be activated once per duel.[/spoiler]

CevPFAm.png
[spoiler=Lore]Flip 1 "Unfortunate" monster you control face-up: The ATK of all monsters your opponent controls are decreased to the flipped "Unfortunate" monster's ATK until the End Phase.[/spoiler]

IqTccyU.png
[spoiler=Lore]Activate this card if an "Unfortunate Soldier" monster you control destroyed at least 1 of your opponent's monsters this turn. Draw 1 card for each monster destroyed this turn (max 2). [/spoiler]

VGEK3ig.png
[spoiler=Lore]Change the battle position of all face-up monsters on the field. Defense-Position monsters changed to Attack Position lose ATK equal to their DEF.[/spoiler]

eXXQyxj.png
[spoiler=Lore]Target 1 "Soldier" monster in your Graveyard; Add it to your hand. [/spoiler] [/spoiler]

• 2 weeks later...

After scanning through it; (didn't really look at balancing)
I can only say 2 things about it.

1. The archetype is great the pictures and "feel" of the theme works really well, though like I said I didn't analyse for balancing
2. Monsters ATK and DEF are meant to be multiples of 50. You can't have 2340 Atk :P

I'll analyse balancing another time, but for the most part great work!

Okay, this archetype was pretty interesting for me, not only cause it's the first non-reptile ATK decreasing archetype I've seen but also because of the non-50 divisible ATK and DEF. 

Review Start:

First, I'd like to know if: 

• Are the decreasing effects permanent?
  • I seem to have a hard time to under stand Unfotunate Soldier Lil' Trooper's effect, can I get the detailed info of this?

This archetype seems to be quite challenging to go against, due to: 

• A lot of the Main Monster's effs can be activated during either player's turn
  • The ATK decreasing eff can be very devasting on this archetype (It's pretty good, I must say)
  • The high swarming capability due to cards like: Zenna, Ghost, Rayhead and Steve  (With Zenna's swarming capabilities being the best)

I will only list the cards who I seem to see a mistake/imbalance in since , I will do an individual card review once I wake up later (3 am atm xD):

• The Unfortunate Battlefield: I believe the "The effect of  "The Unfortunate Battlefield"  can only be activated once per duel. Should be changed to : "This effect of..." and not "The".
  • The Unfortunate Surprise Attack: "decreased to" should be "decreased by" I believe.

As of now, those are the things I seem to see a mistake in. I will look  more into all of the cards later. 

EDIT! (6/24/2013)- I just looked into all the cards. No problems esp after the update you did. Nice job on the archetype! ^ ^

First, I'd like to know if: 

• Are the decreasing effects permanent?

Anything that doesn't say until the End Phase is permanent and now that you pointed it out to me Steve is a little op with his halving currently being permanent. Will change that.

• I seem to have a hard time to understand Unfotunate Soldier Lil' Trooper's effect, can I get the detailed info of this?

Let's say that you use The Unfortunate Surprise ATK and flip over a Lil Trooper to decrease an opponent's Stardust Dragon's ATK to 590. Lil Trooper gains the amount deducted from Stardust Dragon which would be 1910, thus making Lil Trooper at 2500.

This archetype seems to be quite challenging to go against, due to: 
  • A lot of the Main Monster's effs can be activated during either player's turn
  • The ATK decreasing eff can be very devastating on this archetype (It's pretty good, I must say)
  • The high swarming capability due to cards like: Zenna, Ghost, Rayhead and Steve  (With Zenna's swarming capabilities being the best)

Thank you.

I will only list the cards who I seem to see a mistake/imbalance in since , I will do an individual card review once I wake up later (3 am atm xD):

• The Unfortunate Battlefield: I believe the "The effect of  "The Unfortunate Battlefield"  can only be activated once per duel. Should be changed to : "This effect of..." and not "The".
You are actually correct on that. Wasn't quite sure how it should've been worded.

• The Unfortunate Surprise Attack: "decreased to" should be "decreased by" I believe.

Surprise Attack is actually worded properly. With the example I made above with Lil Trooper's effect the opponent's monsters' ATK become the ATK of the flipped monster's, but I put it as decreased instead of become so that the archetype could activate their effects from it.

Archived