Rate, hate, commentate! Please don't menstruate! I shouldn't continue this rhyme...

Anywho:

lavasentry.jpg

If you control a face-up Pyro-type monster: You can send the top card of your Deck to the graveyard; Special Summon this card (from your hand). When this card is sent to the graveyard: Inflict 600 damage to your opponent.

fwwd.jpg

2 Level 5 Pyro-type monsters
You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card: Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower Pyro-type monster in your graveyard, then inflict 600 damage to your opponent. When this card is destroyed: Send 1 FIRE monster from your Deck to the Gravyard. You can only control 1 face-up "Giga Lava Sentry".

Review as promised. 

There is a pyro-contest in the card contest section, you should join it since you've already got 2 cards you could enter right here ;)

Anyway, the discard effect of the sentry has synergy that works well with most fire decks, since a lot of the monster effects activate in the Graveyard, fire kings etc. 

Although it is easy to get out in the right deck, it requires a prominence of pyro-types to get out consistently, plus there are no worthwhile level 5 pyro monsters you could use to instantly xyz summon with as a result (aside from another lava sentry), so barring level tweaking, the xyz still takes some effort to summon. It seems fair. 

The burn matches the style of play, the giga sentry is powerful, it burns and summons which gives it a place in most fire decks that can summon it. Since it isn't a walk in the park to get out, the effect seems balanced to me. Instead of drawing 1 card upon destruction, I think it would be more characteristic to send another card (or 2) from the top of the deck to the graveyard, or something that tampers with discarding to further support the fire monsters that rely on graveyard effects. I'd personally have creatures such as these having higher DEF, and maybe slightly lower ATK, but that's no big deal. 

Overall though, good effort. 

The lack of DEF and shining ATK is a thing to reflect how most FIRE monsters are expected to have weak DEF Stats. A lot of 200 DEF for Flamvell Support, and I didn't want to include these in that support column, so I simply made them have lower DEF then their ATK stat. Also, as any aggressive card is, the ATK stat is higher then normal. I wanted to reward players with 2700 if they Xyz Summoned Giga, as there are better options (the most prominent being Tiras). As for the draw, it was a shared characteristic between the Gigas (Destroyer Golem and Lava Sentry), but I could make them different, to both fit to their attribute/type OR I could make them both send to the graveyard.

I could, perhaps, make it "When this card is destroyed, you can send 1 FIRE monster from your Deck to the Graveyard."

Well yes, most fire types have high ATK, the monsters just look defensive that's all, it's no big deal. In fairness, monsters like Lava Golem look like they should have a higher DEF but they don't, so it's really just me being nitpicky. As you say it probably needs the ATK or it wouldn't be worth using. 

I like that effect better than just Draw 1 card, it further supports the deck it would probably find itself in, so yes, I approve. :D

Archived