SpiritWalker.png?t=1370900754

Cannot be Special Summoned. During the End Phase of the turn this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up: Return it to the hand. Once per turn, if your opponent controls more monsters than you: You can add 1 Spirit Monster from your Graveyard to your hand, and if you do, you can Normal Summon 1 Spirit Monster this turn, in addition to your regular Normal Summon/Set. During your Main Phase 1: You can banish this face-up card; add 1 Spirit Monster from your Deck to your hand. 

[hr]

A mage that comes from another land, she is known only as the Spirit Walker. It is said that she can enter and leave the Spirit World at will, occasionally bringing with her a companion to fight by her side. 

I gave most of my thoughts on the 1v1 Challenge.

This card is exactly what Spirits need (well, obviously they need more, but this is a darn great start)!

I could see only using the second effect when you draw multiples of the card, as a once per turn double summon is to great for Spirits (if you keep losing Spirits). I could also see this card working great with Snipe Hunter, giving Spirits some removal (which they only have now in the term of swapping via Box/Swap itself).

Otherwise, everything I said about the card in the 1v1 challenge.

I gave most of my thoughts on the 1v1 Challenge.

This card is exactly what Spirits need (well, obviously they need more, but this is a darn great start)!

I could see only using the second effect when you draw multiples of the card, as a once per turn double summon is to great for Spirits (if you keep losing Spirits). I could also see this card working great with Snipe Hunter, giving Spirits some removal (which they only have now in the term of swapping via Box/Swap itself).

Otherwise, everything I said about the card in the 1v1 challenge.

Thanks for the review! I don't know if you have considered this, but the card's first effect can be used as a recycle engine, and because you don't have to normal summon right away, you can banish the card to search the monster you want to summon instead. This way you get the monster from your graveyard to your hand, then the monster from your deck to your hand and then to the field. I honestly just thought of that combo, and you are right, the once per turn double summon would be much more beneficial unless you have a certain monster you want to summon. 

Archived